Challenge for the nerds! Walk to Mordor!

You're on Page 7 of 14
Go to
  • Up to 101 miles accidentally entered the barrow downs :/
  • Slow day yesterday - 2.23 miles walked, for a total of 37.93! Took the right branch of the road to Stock, through the ancient Oaks. Just woke up in the crook of a huge tree, pressing on and feeling the urge to sing again!
  • I've only gone about 5 miles so far! I would not be a good ring bearer; Sauron would die of old age before I got started.
  • I'm late to the party, but I'm totally on board with this! According to this calculator, a mile is 2755 steps for me, so I'm going to go with 2750 steps/mile to make it a nice, even number.
  • Ran 6 miles today and walked an additional mile.
  • 7.15 mi bike ride and then walked 3 mi

Hobbiton to Mt. Doom: 1779
    Traveled: 80.25
    Remaining: 1698.75
  • 5.4 mile walk... 104.98 miles. Still wandering on the Barrow Downs.
  • My kids hid my pedometer on me this weekend! LOL - I didn't do a ton of walking anyway, so I'm picking up where I left off today. Hoping to log about 4 miles!
  • Hobbiton to Mt. Doom: 1779
    Traveled: 81.25
    Remaining: 1697.75
  • Got 4.18 miles in yesterday - that brings me 42.11 miles total! Escaped another Black Rider when the Elves arrived. We are walking with them now, through a dense wood with hazel on the slopes.
  • 10.25 on the stationary bike at the gym today. That puts me at 92 mi.
  • 12 mi on the stationary bike today. That's 104 mi total.
  • 4.3 so far today.... trying for 10 today!
  • 2.29 yesterday - missed an afternoon walk that I was looking forward to! 44.4 miles so far! Still in the dense woods, Pippin getting sleepy.....
  • Tonight I went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal and wore my pedometer. We walked 7 mi! I plan on going about twice a week. Sounds like a pretty fun way to get some exercise.

9/27: 8 mi bike
    9/28: 7 mi walk
    Total: 119 mi