Challenge for the nerds! Walk to Mordor!

You're on Page 6 of 14
Go to
  • I got in two separate bike rides today and they totaled 10.1 mi together. I am enjoying riding my bike, but after a couple days in a row, I need to give my bum a break.

Hobbiton to Mt. Doom: 1779
    Traveled: 63.1
    Remaining: 1715.9
  • Logged another 3.96 miles today! Doing it all on foot for now. That brings me to 24.66 miles! The rolling roads are starting to make me seasick...
  • Welcome to the fellowship, zeldafangirl! We need more people to walk to Mordor so we can throw that ring of doughnut into the fire from whence it came!

I got in a pretty big day yesterday: 8.21 miles, all of it walking in place. I think I'd like to get one of those little step up stools so I can do some steps ups while walking in my home.

Total of 81.17 miles of trail behind. Tunneled under the Hedge and walking on the winding paths of the Old Forest. We'll see if I can make it to Old Man Willow today!
  • Holy cow, I am so behind! I hope it's okay that my walk to Mordor is taking a little longer...
  • Got in another 3.29 miles yesterday - 27.95 miles down, almost out of these rolling roads! Hairs tingling on the back of my neck, wonder if there are some Black Riders nearby....
  • How did I not see this sooner????? I am a huge Tolkien and LOTR geek. You should see my living room and all my LOTR stuff. Anyway, this is great!

I've been doing C25K, so I'm sort of running to Mordor. I hope the Fellowship won't mind. I'm going to figure out mileage in the next few days and start tracking.
  • It has rained the last two days so I have not been able to take my bike out. I took off yesterday and today I went to the gym. 2 mi on the treadmill (run/walk) and 5 mi on the stationary bike.

Hobbiton to Mt. Doom: 1779
    Traveled: 70.1
    Remaining: 1708.9
  • 3.55 miles yesterday - 31.5 miles total! Fed and rested, heading towards the River on a curve in the road. The back of my neck is still tingling and I'm getting anxious. Black Rider nearby? Feeling the urge to hide.
  • CelticHarpie, welcome! I would love to see your LOTR stuff, take a picture! Sadly I got rid of most of my LOTR stuff back when I started college, figuring I shouldn't carry my obsession on into my adulthood. I carried the love for it on anyway! Lol.

Been sick the last couple days with a really sick baby, so I haven't walked much. Up to 85 miles, still climbing the path in the forest. Today we'll try to make some more miles!
  • Up to 92.02 miles. Walking along the Withywindle...
  • Logged 4.2 miles yesterday thanks to a shopping excursion to the mall! 35.7 miles so far. Narrowly escaped that Black Rider...walking a bit more carefully and to the side of the road.
  • I'm taking a VERY leisurely stroll. Of course this is the week that I got super busy with work and my son's speech therapies, but I'll get there eventually.
  • Averaging 4-5 miles a day (walking only), and have made it up to 37 miles! Wow, I never realized I could walk so much!
  • I first came across this (or a similar) challenge a while back, but this is the first time that I'm going for it.

I'm at work at the moment, so it'll be a while before I can update the post with my first foray towards Mt. Doom. I'll be tweaking this post, instead of posting multiple times with updates.
  • Welcome, DominequedelMer! I'm glad you're taking the challenge. We need to throw as many rings into the Cracks of Doom as possible!

I did 5.7 miles today while watching the first half of Return of the King (EE). Up to 97.72 miles, on my way to Tom Bombadil's house. So close to the big 100 that I think I'm going to have to put the second disk in once I get supper for DH started, and finish off the last 2.28 miles! Want to reach 100 tonight! I'll skip that day of rest that they took at Bombadil's and head right out to the Downs!