Old 09-08-2012, 03:43 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 128/ticker/92

Height: 5'1''

Silly Rabbit, I have actually used a journal like that! For me, it was sort of a mixture of diet plan journal, acne regimen journal and a personal diary then. I started using it about two years ago, because I got a huge memo book with lineless pages, so I thought why not keep a journal about what's going on in my life.
Haven't written on it regularly, more like on and off, but after every memo of the day I'd write down current weights and thoughts, stuff like that. I still write in the book irregularly when I happen to be in the mood for it. I think it's really good to write down about your successes, so later on you can read them if you're unmotivated or just want to recall how you felt then. Works as a great source of motivation for me!
smoosmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #107  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies,

Silly Rabbit - Congrats on having an OP week behind you. I am not keeping a hard copy of a journal but I track daily on Lose It and before that I was using WW eTools.

Smoo - I'm glad the scale is moving down for you. For me it's still still stuck at 210. I thought for sure after yesterday I'd see a drop but not. Today I am going to add more lean protein and less carbs and see what happens.

Have a great day everyone.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #108  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Rabbit, I've used those blank spiral journals for about 6 years now. I write in the date at the top, weight, short to-do list for the day, foods take up the center and then workouts at the bottom. Interesting facts like B-days, power outages, migraines {I'm prone to them}, which effect my day and how I feel/eat go in the margines. I usually only plan about 2 weeks ahead so I don't sit down and write out the whole year at once.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 09-08-2012 at 04:45 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #109  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Studies have shown that people who use some sort of food journal are more successful at losing weight and maintaining the loss. Like GettinFit, I use Lose It to track my food. I have a spreadsheet for my exercise, too.

Yesterday started okay but went south in the evening, with too many carbs. Ah well. I walked for an hour this morning but my leg started to hurt quite badly so I didn't do my usual 90 minutes. I should do my weight training routine tonight but I'm having a hard time getting motivated. A lot of "buts" there!

My bathroom floor is done and looks great! The whole job should be done by the end of next week. It will be nice to have my house in order again, with everything in its appropriate spot.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #110  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good evening ladies,

Steph - I'm glad you bathroom project is going good. I'm sure it looks nice and you are going to enjoy it. Great job on all your exercise too.

My day has been good. Just before lunch I was in Walmart and I was soooo tempted to buy some nuts but I resisted. Then, as I was in the checkout line, I wanted to grab a Coke Zero but I didn't. Instead, I bought some Weight Watchers String Cheese and I had one on the way home to hold me 'til I could fix lunch. I'm very excited that I stuck to my plan of no nuts or diet soda.

Today's Log
B: WW Bar, coffee w/creamer
S: small baked sweet potato, 1 WW string cheese, coffee w/1C skim milk & flav creamer, 8 oz red wine
L: Rotisserie chicken, Green Giant Brocolli/cheese sauce, 3 pcs dark choc
D: Baked Flounder, Green Giant Creamed Spinach, SF Jello pudding cup
Exercise: Walked for 40 minutes, Firm Ultimate Fat Burning Workout, Firm 10 min toning.

Last edited by GettinFit; 09-08-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #111  

Friday Sept 7

This is the day the power was off the previous night so I felt groggy all day.

asprin 1/2 apple

2 c choc milk

1/2 brauchwieger sand 1/2 c beef veggie soup.

I'm sure I ate more than that but that's all I recorded

40min weights Bis/Tris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sat Sept 8 ~ no change in weight from last week

breakfast latte

lasagna, slice bread w butter

apple + 3 TB PB

2 slices coconut pound cake + ice coffee

Dixie Cafe ~ 1/2 Santa Fe Chicken, 1/2 Hubby's chicken sand {we traded}
green beans, mashed pot with gravy

40min weights Legs

I ate too much at dinner. Should have quit and taken the rest home.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:00 AM   #112  
Carrots? Meh...

Height: 5'6

It's so cool to see how many use a journal And I agree, smoosmoo, it is a great source of motivation! Writing has been helpful to me, so I plan to keep on doing it.

Day 8 of September went well. Food was OP; had a little glass of red wine with dinner after not having any alcohol for months. Not a big fan of it anyways, but on rare occasions I do like some good red wine with good food.

As for workout - was shooting a go-kart event, so that's about four hours of running around a track for best photo locations. The weather got windy towards the end, so had to keep moving to stay warm. Brrr... It sounds true - losing weight makes you colder.

Wow, penguin, I love all the weights workouts you do! I have the cardio part of exercise down, but no good weights plan, so I need to get my bum in gear.

GettinFit - yeah, those checkout lines are evil with all the temptations. It's great you resisted!

Steph - renovations are a pain, but it's so good when everything is finally done! I hope your leg is feeling better.

Have fun everyone!
Silly Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:21 AM   #113  

Good morning!

Yesterday was an OP day, and I ate lots more than I usually do, (because I raised my calorie limit) was full when I went to bed and today I'm down by 0.5 pounds. I really don't get it, I can't get my head over the thought that I'd just gain if I ate more. I really need to start thinking realistically and give up on that anorexic way of thinking.
But yeah.. sounds good, eat more --> lose weight.

GettinFit Wow, I'm glad you were able to resist buying them. Sometimes I get that feeling in a market as well, and it always feels like an accomplishment to be proud of when you can just walk off the store without those stuffs you didn't need. Congratulations on an OP day!

Steph Good luck with your renovations.

Silly Rabbit So you're a photographer? I really love photographing in my free time! And yup, don't like it either that you get easily cold. Sucks especially in north.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:50 AM   #114  
Gota Loose it!

S/C/G: 171.9/170.3/121

Height: 5'4

heya girlies!!

Have been busy so cudnt update anything.. my bad!
I Have been sticking to my OP... As per plan weekends are off day for exercising.. so i have tried and kept the calories on a low..

I wish i could keep a journal of my diet intake.. for that i need to have a fixed diet plan first... need to put in more efforts!!

Tomorrow is weigh in day for me.. I just hope the scale doesn't betray me!

Enjoy the weekend!!
tamanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #115  

Rabbit, for me weights are more fun, cardio is the hard part.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #116  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Silly Rabbit - I glad day 8 went good for you too. I can't believe we're already on day 9! Keep up the great wok.

tamanna - I hope the scale is good to you this week. I'm sending skinny vives your way.

smoosmoo - Great job on your OP day and your loss.

Penguin - Hang in there, you are due a loss soon.

Well after 2 week & 2 days of fluctuaing between 210-211, the scale finally moved to 208.6 today. I am so excited

I hope you all have a great Sunday.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #117  

Ugh, today wasn't very OP day for me. Ate about 300 kcals more than my limit. Oh well..

I'm glad for your success, GettinFit!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #118  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

GettinFit, nice results!

I'm giving myself a pat on the back because I started to go on a bit of a binge yesterday evening but stopped myself and exercised instead. I still ate too much but it felt good to finally get in my strength training.

My exercise plan for today is to walk a couple of blocks to a small but very steep hill and go up and down it as many times as I can. It should be...interesting.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #119  
Carrots? Meh...

smoosmoo - yes, I'm a motorsports photographer I know, it's a weird job for a woman, but I absolutely love it! I mostly shoot cars (rally, track, offroad etc), but also all kinds of other things like bikes, go-karts, snowmobiles, even RC cars. It's a tough job but so much fun!
Old 09-10-2012, 02:18 AM   #120  
Carrots? Meh...

Day 9 went okay. Ate two of my three meals out, but made good choices, so no problems there. Didn't get enough water/fluids in me though, so I'm feeling it a bit today

Exercise was again photography related, so yeah, another bunch of hours running around shooting racecars. I love weekends, since I never have any trouble getting enough of a workout and it's always outside. Come wintertime it will mean running around in knee/thigh deep snow...

Steph - well done on stopping and exercising instead! I have a similar hill near me, so I've been thinking about doing the same.

GettinFit - woohoo on the scale moving! Yay!

tamanna - hope you had a great weekend!

smoosmoo - sometimes it happens and we go over the limit. Don't worry about it and keep moving forward!