August Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Way to get back at it scout83! I had a bad day yesterday and refused to weigh myself this morning. But avoiding the scale can become a problem so I'm determined to have a good day today and step on the scale tomorrow morning. We can do this!
  • Quote: Way to get back at it scout83! I had a bad day yesterday and refused to weigh myself this morning. But avoiding the scale can become a problem so I'm determined to have a good day today and step on the scale tomorrow morning. We can do this!
    Totally! Thank you! I avoided the scale two days and then felt silly for doing it. Back on the scale today-- I like the data!
  • I had a 100% OP day yesterday. And, the scale went up. Oh well. The scale measures mass not good behavior. If I keep following my program, the scale will take care of itself.
  • Ok, feel better about my weight today...the scale wavered a little, but I'm going to count it.

SW=156
    CW= 154
    GW= 150

One more pound gone!
  • Quote: I had a 100% OP day yesterday. And, the scale went up. Oh well. The scale measures mass not good behavior. If I keep following my program, the scale will take care of itself.
    gardenerjoy: I hope you see a loss soon... I think that's such a great attitude about focusing on your program. I'm sure you know this, but since weight fluctuates so much during a week, an average of several weigh-ins will give you a true weight.

I'm getting ready to cheer for you!
  • Tabbycat here.

Aug 13: 129 pounds
  • My August goal is to make it 7 days in a row without messing up my diet. This may not seem hard to some people, but to me 7 days is a lifetime! I currently get 3 or 4 or even 5 days in a row if I am really committed, and then break it with a day of being not so committed. I go back to my diet the next day, but I would LOVE to make it 7 days straight!!

So far on day 2 of current streak....let's see 5 more days now!
  • xxjessxx -- great goal! A 100% OP streak is what is keeping me going, at the moment, too. Today will be my day 5! We can do it!

Thanks for the encouragement, cat_eyed. The scale has been nudging downward the last couple of days! It's good to see.

PaintedButterfly: lose 2 pounds
    cat_eyed: lose 5 pounds
    aniela26: track food and to get down to 195lbs
    littlebumblebee: sugar free,junk food free, daily food journal
    ghlover: lose 6 pounds (for birthday goal!)
    scout83: average under 1650 calories a day
    JazzyPeggy: down to 252 pounds
    Tabbycat: down to 128 pounds
    gardenerjoy: 10 days below 75kgs
    xxjessxx: 7 days in a row on plan
  • SW 257
    GW 252
    CW 255.4

Down an eensy bit. I have been more focused this week. Exercising and drinking water, but I need to really watch my food intake.
  • Hi, I hope it is ok if I join mid-month, I really need to be here!

I'd like to lose 5 pounds through the rest of August.
    I also need to weigh every day to keep me focused.
    And, I need to stop binging.

SW 179.8
    GW 174.8

Binge free day 1.
  • Welcome, My_Michelle! Great goals!

PaintedButterfly: lose 2 pounds
    cat_eyed: lose 5 pounds
    aniela26: track food and to get down to 195lbs
    littlebumblebee: sugar free,junk food free, daily food journal
    ghlover: lose 6 pounds (for birthday goal!)
    scout83: average under 1650 calories a day
    JazzyPeggy: down to 252 pounds
    Tabbycat: down to 128 pounds
    gardenerjoy: 10 days below 75kgs
    xxjessxx: 7 days in a row on plan
    My_Michelle: lose 5 pounds, weigh every day, no binges
  • I knew yesterday would be hard since I'd binged the previous day. It is always so hard to stay on the path the next day, both physically and emotionally. I've fallen into a pattern for binging at least once a week and I'm determined to stop that. So I'm glad to have that day 1 behind me, and I'm all ready for a good day today!

Binge free day 2.

Daily Weight:
    8/15: 179.8
    8/16: 179.2
  • Still clinging to sanity, sometimes by the skin of my teeth!

Binge free day 3.

Daily Weight:
    8/15: 179.8
    8/16: 179.2
    8/17: 178.4
  • Only 2 weeks left but I am back.
    I have been having so much drama in my life I have just blown off everything lately, but the good news it that I did not gain any weight.
    I need accountability right now since I am so alone and just need someone to talk to.
    Good luck to all in reaching their goals.
    Maybe next month I will get back on the exercise challenge also
  • Great to see you Sally_Pineapple!

Sanity is good, My_Michelle! Keep going for it!