Old 07-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #61  
Just watch me ...

Another successful day
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #62  

Today was so HARD! I wanted to cheat really badly several times today. I'm not on my usual routine today and have been surrounded by goodies. I am fighting the urge to get a brownie and coke out of the kitchen. I don't know that I could stop at one. I am way below on my calories today so I'm going to splurge on some Pringles chips, cherrys, and yet another bottle of water. I know they're not great but I won't really be breaking my sugar free pledge.
CurvyNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #63  
Just watch me ...

Good morning all

CurvyNerd those cherries were fine! the Pringles not sooo bad How come you were low on calories? Would a bit more normal food have helped?

Have a great day everybody !
Old 07-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #64  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies,

Sorry I missed checking in yesterday but it was very hectic & busy.

CurvyNerd - I hope you made it through okay yesterday. Are you eating enough protein? I've been snacking on string cheese & nuts and that seems to help me.

Lulu

Great job on a good week Darius.

Exhale - Congrats on your success

I'm happy to say that I've completed 1 full week of no sugar. I'm feeling great. Yesterday I had a small function at my house and I made all healthy dishes and dessert was fresh fruit and Dove Dark Chocolates. This morning I did a 2.5 mile walk and my eating will be good.

I hope you ladies all have a great week!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #65  

Thanks guys. I ate a LOT of cherrys but it's okay. I halfway skipped dinner. I ate a bunch of carrots and hummus for a late snack and wasn't hungry at all when everyone else was eating dinner. I am so glad I made it. I am also glad that I made sure I had healthy snack food. The pringles were the whole wheat variety. Not great but a slightly better option.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #66  
Just watch me ...

Hi everybody!
Another successful day
This is getting easier.

Have a nice evening all.....
Old 07-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #67  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Goodl morning all,

Exhale - I agree, it is getting easier.

CurvyNerd - Congrats on making it through your challenging time.

I had another sugar free day yesterday and I got in a good walk early in the morning. I probably had a few too many nuts yesterday but still no sugar.

Have a great day everyone and keep up the good work
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #68  
Just watch me ...

Hi good morning

Congrats to us all - what a great group What I'm loving is how satisfying and refreshing fruit has become for me. The other day, I had a couple of plums and some mango with a chicken patty for lunch and I was good for the whole day. And I'm feeling really good

Keep up the strong work everyone

Last edited by Exhale15; 07-09-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #69  

We're already on day 9 you guys! A third of the way there. I feel so much better drinking all this water. Yesterday was great. I had very little temptation even though I still had the same foods around me. I think it made me stronger to have been tempted so much the day before but not to have cheated. I'm so proud of all of us. We got this!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #70  
Just watch me ...

Hey CurvyNerd, Sugar-free July is so successful.....I know it's early in the month, but have you thought at all about an August focus ? Will we continue?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #71  

Hi Exhale 15, Thanks for the welcome. Yeah well I am not religious about the paleo diet as far as convincing other people to follow it. However, I am quite passionate about the results that myself and other people have gotten from it. I also love sharing it with those who are not getting health results that they need despite their efforts..(You know how it goes, if you want different results you have to take different actions)...I have actually helped a couple of close friends get healthy and lose weight by following it.

I have been learning that all sources of protein are not created equal....beans are not a replacement for animal protein they're different. So, I am not a chemist or doctor or anything but if you are interested in learning how our body's response to different types of foods read the book The Paleo Solution.....LOVE IT.

Anyway that for letting me share.....

P.S. No refined sugar rules!!!!
Lulu Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #72  

Hey Exhale 15, Good job staying committed to no sugar...I have been doing good with this as well

For next month what about sticking to the no sugar thing and adding no gluten too the mix...any thoughts....any takers....
Lulu Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #73  
Just watch me ...

Hi Lulu, totally OK, I know there are different benefits between animal and plant sources of protein, and I feel really good with some animal protein in my system, but it's the animal thing....so while I am eating flesh foods I'm trying to get to where I'm taking in more non-animal than animal...

I do feel SUPER cutting out the sugar and, lately, most 'carbs' are kept to a minimum. July is shaping into a great month. I don't know if 'gluten free' would be so helpful to me but I'll happily join in with any 'August theme', learn more, and further clean up my act

Old 07-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #74  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhale15 View Post
What I'm loving is how satisfying and refreshing fruit has become for me
There are only two varieties of apples available where I live the year round. One is a big green apple - very tart - and the other is a big red apple with streaks of green, very tart.
I ate a lot of apples last year and I'm just sick to death of them. I miss the way that we can get many different varieties of apples in the US, red delicious etc, and mix up the variety a little.
Anyway I don't know when I will ever return to eating apples here. I've never been a big fan of grapefruits either because they're just too sour for me. I like grapefruit juice but the whole grapefruit eating experience for me is not a satisfying one.
OK I'm done complaining.
Exhale15 I never noticed before today that your avatar is an animated gif. I thought it was a static image all along until today when I saw it moving and thought I must need new glasses?!

Wait - I almost forgot - and japanese Nashi pears are as hard as a rock! What's up with that? What I wouldn't give for some regular good old american pears. But no.

Last edited by darius; 07-09-2012 at 07:08 PM.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #75  
Just watch me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius View Post
There are only two varieties of apples available where I live the year round. One is a big green apple - very tart - and the other is a big red apple with streaks of green, very tart.
I ate a lot of apples last year and I'm just sick to death of them. I miss the way that we can get many different varieties of apples in the US, red delicious etc, and mix up the variety a little.
Anyway I don't know when I will ever return to eating apples here. I've never been a big fan of grapefruits either because they're just too sour for me. I like grapefruit juice but the whole grapefruit eating experience for me is not a satisfying one.
OK I'm done complaining.
Exhale15 I never noticed before today that your avatar is an animated gif. I thought it was a static image all along until today when I saw it moving and thought I must need new glasses?!

Wait - I almost forgot - and japanese Nashi pears are as hard as a rock! What's up with that? What I wouldn't give for some regular good old american pears. But no.
Hi Darius, yes, my flower is 'dancing'! It's one of the standard avatars available on 3FC...about fruit, I've never been a fan of grapefruit. I do like 'ruby red' grapefruit juice, but drink it only when I'm feeling a cold coming on, because juice has sooo much sugar...as for the japanese Nashi pears - what do they look like? They sell what's called 'asian pears' here - they are big and round, yellow, and usually in a white plastic 'net'. They're crisp like the white part of a watermelon, with a very mild flavor. I quite like them...

Do you get any other types of fruit where you live?