Old 06-21-2012, 12:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/225/150

Height: 5'2"

Exclamation Housework Lazies No More

I have house cleaning issues that I think are related to my being obese for so long. Plus, my eating habits and my lack of cleaning habits have left me in a nasty fix. I almost can't see the light at the end of the tunnel over the clutter issue.

BUT THAT IS ABOUT TO END NOW.

I am ending my weight issue with IP program and I can end my unhealthy housework issues too.

Does anyone have experience with this mountainous hurdle I must learn to cross?
MiladyHealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 317/292/150

Height: 5'3 ½

Yes!! I have some issues too, I tend to put it off as long as I can but since I have been eating healthy and exercising, I am doing much better with it.

We can do this.
livelaughlovesunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:15 AM   #3  

I believe the two issues are related as well, at least with some people. Both are a daily struggle for me.
I've come across a website years ago that helps me with keeping my home tidy (not sure if I'm allowed to post it, so I won't), but even though I know how to do it, and that it's possible, I still don't seem to be able to do it all the time.
So, no, I have no experience how to overcome those hurdles, but I am more than willing to share the journey!
3FCuser001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 8"

I have had a crazy busy year with school, work, life... and have accumulated more clutter than I would like. I am going to tackle a section of the house each day and keep going and going!
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 267/225/150

Height: 5'2"

Since I wrote the thread, I have a truck load of stuff for donation and I filled a garbage can which is out to the road. I have been giving my house some "TIME". With my body, I've been "PULLING AWAY FROM THE TABLE" and it seems that ACTION is what makes things happen.

Woot! I lost another 4 lbs this week! I'm so happy!
MiladyHealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #6  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

My household struggles with this too. Part of the issue lies with my husband and father-in-law (who lives with us) both being pack rats and refusing to throw anything away. So I truly feel like I am the only one in a house of 4 (including our 4 year old daughter) who cleans. But I can't let that stand in the way. Obviously if I don't do it no one else will. So, I need to actively perform one act of house cleaning a day until my house is clean and clutter-free!

Today's task for myself: cleaning off the dining room table! It's our main spot of clutter. When we all walk in the door whatever is in our hands gets dumped there.

This is what it looks like right now. I'm getting off this computer and knocking out the table before making another post! Will be back with a pic of it cleaned up later.
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #7  
Starting over...again!

Table has been cleaned off! I am making progress.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #8  
Starting over...again!

I'm still working on this. the kitchen table is still cleared off. All of the dishes are done and the majority of the laundry's done and put away. It's progress!

Now, if I could just repair my stupid lawnmower...
Old 08-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #9  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

I do laundry but getting it upstairs and put away. Well that is another story. With my DH and two younger kids it's constant clutter. Good luck everyone.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote