3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Memorial Day to Labor Day 14-week Summer Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/259539-memorial-day-labor-day-14-week-summer-challenge.html)

DaugT 05-22-2012 07:37 AM

Memorial Day to Labor Day 14-week Summer Challenge!

Hey everyone!!
Who's ready for a working summer??? :D
Some of us that are doing a Memorial Day Challenge have talked about going on through Labor Day. And we'd love to have everyone and anyone join on in!!!

We'll kick start this challenge on Monday, the 28th and go until the week of September 3rd. So post your goals and your starting point, whether you're going for pounds, inches, dress sizes, however you're workin' it! :) Then check in weekly with your progress and to support each other.

Let's see how much we can mold these amazing bodies by the end of summer!

:carrot: :trampo: :lifter: :running: :lifter: :trampo: :carrot:

DaugT 05-22-2012 07:46 AM

My Goal for this 14 weeks is going to be 25 pounds!

Thought about going for 30, but leaving a little wiggle room as we have, dun dun dun, vacation in August and a weekend away in June! AH!!

So feeling like 25 is attainable and man would I be excited to have 25 more pounds off by September!! :D
This should be the challenge where I move into Onderland! Yeah, baby!
I weigh-in on Tuesdays, so will be back a week from today with my starting weight and off I go.

What's your goal going to be?

Sally Pineapple 05-22-2012 11:18 AM

Long term goals are the right way to go, but I need short term goals to help keep me on track, so count me in and I am also going to find a July 4th thread for the much needed incentive.
I made my goal in the Memorial Challenge and have learned that these do help a lot.
I have two reasons for joining this one. One is to of course lose the weight, a long with the great support from the other challenge and the other is TMI, but here goes. My counselor and I have worked out a game plan that if my boyfriend does not come around by Labor Day I am to drop out of his life and that will be 275 lbs less around my neck. So count me in.
I am going to go for a full 30 lbs to give me that drive.
Will be back with new starting weight next week.

LockItUp 05-22-2012 11:27 AM

I'm going to go for 30 pounds!

DaugT 05-22-2012 02:31 PM

YEY ladies!! :cp:
So glad to be continuing on as we all shrink away to nothing. ROFL!! ;)

parachute 05-22-2012 03:19 PM

I'm new to it all and was hoping to find a thread that was just starting out like this. I'd love to join in on the MD to LD challenge.

I'm going to go for 25 pounds.

I'm just starting out on my weight loss journey and working on some lifestyle changes and I hope this will be a nice little push for me.

DaugT 05-22-2012 03:24 PM

Awesome parachute!! :welcome:

Checking 3FC every day and joining in on these types of things has made a tremendous impact on how I am doing this time, compared to ALL the other attempts at losing! LOL

Glad to have you!

dare 2 dream 05-22-2012 06:30 PM

I'm in! I'd like to aim for a 30lb loss. I lost a lot of weight in the past then gained it all back plus some when I switched jobs and am now the heaviest I have ever been. I was previously a zookeeper (very physically demanding) and started having back pains, so now I'm a teacher. My boyfriend and I finally purchased our own house so now I have a workout room and can't wait to use it! I have all summer off to devote to changing my horrible eating habits and have yard work as extra exercise. My summer vacation in July will actually help me as it will be a very active one: going hiking in the Smoky Mountains and white water rafting.

SW: 225
GW: 195

DaugT 05-22-2012 08:41 PM

:welcome2: dare 2 dream!!!
I hear yeah, when I started in Feb I was the highest ever ... best thing about that was it really kicked me into gear. So I suppose I am thankful for that in a way! How awesome to have the summer to devote, like a nice running start!

Looking forward to getting to know you over the course of the challenge!!

aasshhlleeyy 05-22-2012 09:14 PM

I am so in! I have been wanting to join a challenge but seems it's too far into all of em since I got committed to this journey I'm on. My only issue is I post from an iPhone and am not sure if I can edit my posts that way, so I'd have to create a new post every week... Not sure if people are ok with that?

SW: 291
GW: 263

DaugT 05-22-2012 09:53 PM

Yey, aasshhlleeyy :cp:

definitely okay!! Of the ones I've personally jumped in on we've always made new posts. I think (not sure) the daily threads tend to edit the same post and add on. But posting new every week is great, whatever works for you! I definitely do new posts every week,

aasshhlleeyy 05-22-2012 10:37 PM

Thanks!

Great!:carrot: I am so excited! I weigh everyday but my official weigh in day is Thursday's, so I'll update then.

Mommytimesfive 05-22-2012 11:15 PM

I want to do this too. I would love to lose 25 this summer, this may be the best thing for me. Thanks!

Mia21 05-23-2012 03:45 AM

Hii all
Aaah i've been looking for something like this, THANKS "DaugT" for starting this thread. Amm soo in, aiming to lose 30 pounds by the end of summer, i'll update you guys later on my current weight.
Can't wait for the challenge to start :carrot:

DaugT 05-23-2012 10:31 AM

:welcome3: Mommytimesfive and Mia21 !!! Glad you're jumpin' on in!!
5 days 'til challenge time! :)
(good thing we're going out for one of my kids' birthdays this Friday first! HA!)

Thedollylala 05-23-2012 11:13 AM

I'm going for 30 lbs as well! This will get me into the 100s which I haven't been in over 6 years!!! Such a crucial time cause I always seem to fail when I hit the 2 teens so I can always use more support and motivation!

aniela26 05-23-2012 11:26 AM

I'm going to keep it simple - 15 lbs in 14 weeks. Summer is such a hard time for me to stay on plan. Maybe this will help to get me back on track and keep me there!

170starting 05-23-2012 11:34 AM

I would like to join... My birthday is September 4th and I want to reach 142 by then. :D So this is the perfect challenge.

I will be posting my weigh-ins on Thursday as well.

DaugT 05-23-2012 06:33 PM

:dancer: Awesome, 170starting aniela26 and Thedollylala :dancer:

Kayecee 05-23-2012 07:06 PM

Twenty pounds for me!

krystalb 05-23-2012 08:31 PM

I'm going for 27lbs.. two lbs a week.. I will weigh-in on monday.

DaugT - I noticed we have very similar sw, cw, and goal! thats awesome!

guacamole 05-23-2012 08:46 PM

I usually focus on monthly goals, but it couldn't hurt to have the big picture in mind. Considering how slowly I have been losing weight this year, with lots of stops and starts, I think I will go for 10 lbs lost by Labor Day. This will put me at 145 lbs. Having the kids at home and a vacation in August will be a challenge to staying on track!

Good luck to us all!

DaugT 05-24-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystalb (Post 4344483)
I'm going for 27lbs.. two lbs a week.. I will weigh-in on monday.

DaugT - I noticed we have very similar sw, cw, and goal! thats awesome!

Look at that!!! How very cool!! Excited we'll be able to continue on in this together! :D They say you may grow a little when you lose weight, so maybe I'll hit 5'3" too!! LOL

:carrot: Welcome to the party everyone!! :carrot:

JazzyPeggy 05-24-2012 11:13 AM

I am glad that I found this. I am in a July 4th challenge, and I have done terrible. So this will be a fresh start for me.

SW 256.6
CW 256.6
GW 241

My goal is 15 pounds. I'm a very slow loser.

guacamole 05-24-2012 02:05 PM

Now I have another reason to be in this challenge. I just found out about a major social event that my family is invited to at the end of the summer. It's going to be a big family reunion. The last time I saw most of the people attending I was in the 190s. The truth is, I had hoped to be at my goal weight the next time we all got together. There is no way I will get to 130lbs by August. For some reason, I feel really nervous about my weight and losing more in time for this event. I can't explain it....I just felt so bad about myself the last time I saw everybody. I felt like some relatives treated me differently than they had when I was thin. They always used to compliment me and praise my appearance, and it was obvious that they didn't like the way I looked when I was heavier. I became invisible and ignored, and the thinner/prettier relatives got all of the positive attention.

I really don't know how to feel about them anymore. I don't know if their treatment of me at my high weight is simply my perception, but not reality? I was very sensitive about my weight and appearance. However, I still feel stung, and I think I will feel kind of pissed if suddenly they start complimenting and paying attention to me again. Where were they when I really needed the compliments and self-esteem boosts? I don't need it from them anymore. I am my own cheerleader now.

aasshhlleeyy 05-24-2012 02:21 PM

We can do this

I weigh everyday but my actual weigh in day is Thursday's so hopefully you guys don't mind me starting today.
Goal is to lose 28 lbs

Start weight (@start of diet): 305
Current weight (start of challenge): 288
Challenge GW: 260

Good luck to everyone!

DaugT 05-24-2012 02:43 PM

:welcome: jazzypeggy!

Go aasshhlleeyy!! Off and running. Sounds like a great goal... that's like me, I am a Tuesday weigh-inner, so my final will be the day after Labor Day.

guacamole I totally understand your wanting to be at your best for the get together, especially if you don't feel you were the last time. I love your last line about being your own cheerleader!!! So true and I think that's a big thing to realize to succeed with weightloss goals!! I am guessing your feelings about the last event are valid with the way they treated you, and probably a little of your own perception as well. I would be upset about it too.
I have always been heavy, since I was a young kid, sometimes heavier than other times. LOL I have been thinking a lot lately about how things will be different when I reach my goal weight... it will be interesting to see how the people in my life, both heavy and thin, change around me. Kind of an experiment on human behavior. LOL
Lots of time until August just keep doing what you're doing and keep cheering yourself on, reunion or no reunion. You've already come a long way since the 190's! :hug:

clownfish13 05-24-2012 04:31 PM

I'm in. I need something obtainable so I am shooting for 15 pounds by labor day.

shainasb818 05-24-2012 04:39 PM

YAY!!! I am so happy I found a challenge about to start that I can join in from the very beginning!! My goal will be 25 pounds total loss (hopefully more!!!!) But I am going to weigh in on Tuesday for the first time since my scale is the shipping scale at work and Monday I will be by the pool at home!!! And since our weigh in days will be Mondays, it will only motivate me to keep on track with eating right and exercising on the weekend!!!
:bike::wl::ebike::bike2::exercise::running:

guacamole 05-25-2012 08:28 AM

DaugT - Thanks for the kind words! It is true that losing or gaining weight gives insight into human interaction and reaction!

I weighed in today at 153, so I am down 2 pounds for the week! Good luck, everyone!

junebug44 05-25-2012 07:22 PM

I'm at the end of my June challenge (it was on the 100 pound forum) which is the first challenge I have completed. I can't believe how much it has helped me and I was just thinking...maybe I'll see if anyone wants to join me for a Labor Day challenge? Well, looks like you all have it together already! Hope it's okay if I record every Monday. I've found that works the best for me.

I would like to lose 28 pounds by Labor Day.

May 28th – (242)
June 4th – (240)
June 11th – (238)
June 18th – (236)
June 25th– (234)
July 2nd– (232)
July 9th– (230)
July 16th– (228)
July 23rd– (226)
July 30th– (224)
August 6th– (222)
August 13th– (220)
August 20th– (218)
August 27th– (216)
Sep 3rd – (214)

Melonlefey 05-26-2012 01:32 AM

Well, count me in! My goal was to lose about 25 lbs this summer, anyway!

SW: 193
GW:166

sheramama 05-26-2012 03:18 AM

Oooh I'm in!!!!

My goal in fourteen weeks is 30lbs.

SW: 225
GW: 195
Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:
Week 7:
Week 8:
Week 9:
Week 10:
Week 11:
Week 12:
Week 13:
Week 14:

Tabbycat 05-26-2012 12:23 PM

i will join in.

My goal will be to get (back) down to 130.

I will weigh in on Monday, but I'm guessing my start weight will be about 140.

Annie

Mizzthingaling 05-26-2012 02:26 PM

I'm in. I'd like to lose 30 pound by Labor Day. I'm taking it a day at a time though. I weigh daily but record Saturday.

Mia21 05-27-2012 05:38 AM

Tomorrow is the big day :D
Are you all ready for this :carrot: ??
I'll post my progress every monday :lifter:

DaugT 05-27-2012 10:11 AM

:carrot::carrot: So awesome to see this thread growing and growing!!! :carrot::carrot:

Ready to get this summer started!!! Will be back Tuesday with my starting weight! Ready to pick out my new challenge ticker. LOL

dcapulet 05-27-2012 11:00 AM

Hi Daug - thanks for starting this!

I HATE to say goodbye to summer, but I would LOVE to said goodbye to 28lbs and hello to ONEDERLAND! Count me in!

SW: 220
GW: 192

Mizzthingaling 05-27-2012 12:16 PM

I'm ready Mia. It's time for this weight to come off. I have my schedule ready.

Dumplin 05-27-2012 07:47 PM

2 lbs weeklyStarting Weight 225--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I so want to be in this challenge ! This could be my best summer in a long time ! Hello Summer I ready to get skinny ! LOL

I would like to lose 28 pounds by Labor Day. 2 lbs weekly

May 28th – (225)
June 4th – (223)
June 11th – (221)
June 18th – (219)
June 25th– (217)
July 2nd– (215)
July 9th– (213)
July 16th– (211)
July 23rd– (209)
July 30th– (207)
August 6th– (205)