Old 04-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #16  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

konfyoozed: I've been reading your posts here about this and I also read your blog. I can tell you for a fact, is that your body will try as hard as it can to not let you starve it. I've learned that the hard way, out of sheer idiocy. I've read that you shouldn't go below 55% of your BMR. I think that that is too little, so I adjusted it a bit: I eat between 55% and 74% of my daily caloric needs. I still think that the numbers are a bit arbitrary, because I don't really trust all those sites, but it works for me. I can't say it has screwed up my metabolism, because I haven't gained once, not even when I gave up and wasn't even trying to maintain. If you think that your plan sounds like a good one to you, then go for it, but to me it seems like I would end up getting discouraged because I would lose too slowly. Just my 2 cents.

My day:
Breakfast: 2 slices of multi-grain bread with 1 tbsp of peanut butter and 1 tbsp of honey, glass of milk, 1 orange: 434
Lunch, dinner and snack: 1 cup of wild rice, tomato sauce and turkey ham, 1 cup of cabbage: 290*3=870
1 cup of coffee, 2 tsp of sugar: 44

So, that's a total of 1348. Sundays pretty much suck food-wise, because I've usually ran out of money and just eat the same thing eleventy times.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #17  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Looks like we all had a pretty decent day. It's about 7PM and I've survived the day without any binges. I'm hoping tomorrow is as easy as today was.

Have a great evening everyone.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #18  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i would rather lose slowly and not stress about my food and be at a level i can easily maintain than lose quickly, stress every calorie and then gain it back when i stop being calorie police. which i've done, multiple times. in march, i followed the 'eat fewer calories and exercise a lot' plan, and you know what happened? i gained a pound. so any loss at all, even slow steady loss, will make me happy.

if it doesn't work *shrug* at least i've gotten to eat again. there is no way i could be satisfied on less than 1500 calories a day, ever.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #19  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies and Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a good start to the month and are sticking to your April goals.

It's day 2 of the month and I'm looking forward to another OP, binge free day. This past weekend (Fri & Sat) was the worst ever for me and was a wake up call. I was in a place that I never go and I didn't like it at all. I'm usually a very social, positive and happy person but I was feeling sad & blue. I was feeling down & lonely and I used food to comfort me. On Friday, I was invited out by friends but I didn't go because I felt so fat and frustrated with myself. So what did I do? Stayed home and binged on junk food. It was then that I realized that I HAVE break this cycle and pull myself up, dust myself off and get right back on the wagon and get this weight to coming off again. I really need to work on my addiction to junk food and work hard to control those urges that I get to eat when I'm not hungry.

I hope you ladies have a great OP day!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #20  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Hi chickies! I hope you are all doing great! I miss you all and I miss posting here. I'm 21 weeks now and the weight gain probably has to be the worst thing so far. I gained about 8 pounds back before I got pregnant and I've gained almost 20 pounds during my pregnancy so far. I'm eager to get back here after the baby is born. I wish you all a very successful April!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #21  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I'm not sure what I'm doing. This month or otherwise. I've been 'off' the past 2 weeks because of allergies {pollen, anyone?}, which means when I wasn't napping I was coughing, I wasn't hungry, had no energy.

For the past few months Hubby has had a problem with acid reflux, he's been to the dr, is taking meds but it seems to be getting worse. Over the weekend we looked into foods to avoid and have a list but now I'm wondering about what to make for us to eat. Tomatoes, peppers, onions garlic are foods to avoid but are also in just about everything I make. He seems so horrified when we found the lists. What's left to eat? He didn't seem amused at my oatmeal for breakfast lunch and dinner comments

So I feel planless but it feels pretty good!

Marnia, Hubby has been eating brown sugar in his coffee for a while now and now I've switched.

Mandy, your new plan sounds very freeing.

Gettin, hope you have a better week than weekend.

Philana, I understand the candy temptation. I buy Bliss chocs and keep them in a cookie jar on a high shelf {out of sight} but they are beginning to melt from the heat so I have to do something else.

Kim, good luck with the move.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #22  
Stay Focused & Committed

Emme - Great to hear from you and I'm glad all is going good with your pregnancy. The baby will be here before you know it and you'll be back to losing the weight and posting with us. Pop in to say HI when you can.

Penguin - I hope things get better for you too.

Today is a very quiet day at work so I'm bored and I'm fighting off the urge to snack. I've got to get to where I don't think of food as a cure all for everything. I think I am going to start a journel and everytime I want to eat, I'll write instead. Has anyone else tried this?
Old 04-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #23  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

The day isn't over yet but it's after dinner and I have several hundred calories to spare while I don't think I even want to eat them.

I have been eating 200/300 calories on candy the past week and eating around 1300-1400 calories. While my limit was 1250. Today I quit my candy-snacking and I upped my limit to 1400. All at once I feel like I can eat a TON! lol.

So had breakfast (250), lunch (320), dinner (470) and snacks (mandarin + raisins). Might end up eating under my calories for a day. Oh well. Weirdness.

Hope you all are doing good! I'll read about it my 'tomorrow'. (weird time difference is confusing!)
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #24  

my new plan is very freeing (and filling!), food wise. the only thing i have to worry about is getting in my regular exercise, because the deficit in this plan is from exercise (if i did the math right, i had a deficit of 1100 calories yesterday), not from food, but from activity. my problem yesterday was i couldn't eat *enough* healthy food to get to my calorie goal and had to supplement with protein shakes.

yesterday my net calories ended up being around 1900. i ate around 2800 calories yesterday, and burned 900 from exercise. most of the food was proteins (meat, and protein shakes) and good carbs (fruits and veggies), though i will admit there was some celebration with a russell stover's caramel egg and some cinnabon mini bagles.

for the first time in over a year i did not feel guilt for putting a bite of food in my mouth that was not 'low cal'. i woke up today with energy, instead of feeling listless, and i ate a full hearty breakfast. something i have not done in a very long time. it took my stomach a little while to adjust to food in the morning, but i am feeling pretty good.

i got fat from eating too much (most calories from junk), and exercising basically not at all. then i shocked my body by taking away fuel and making it work harder so it let go of some weight. then i hit a wall and couldn't lose a thing. so now, instead of that double whammy, i am eating PROPERLY, not miserly, and exercising like a fiend. 2 things i love, and i could not be happier with this.

if my metabolism doesn't take too long to reset, and i net around 2000 calories per day, i should lose 5-7 pounds per month. a nice healthy amount! and more than i lost last month eating a lot less.

Last edited by konfyoozed; 04-02-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #25  
Stay Focused & Committed

Mandy - I'm glad your new plan seems to be going good for you. Hopefully, you will get the results you want by the end of the month. Hang in there.

I've made it through the day so far. I limited my pm snacking and so for I've only used 1/2 of my Points for the day. I'll probably have some left over today.

I hope everyone else is doing good.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #26  
Under the mulberry tree

S/C/G: 235.2/233.4/223.4

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! Sounds like we are all off to a good start for this month.

I too am having a hard time eating my full allowance each day. When I am at work I'm usually too busy to remember I'm hungry. So I'm only at 25/28 points for today.

I did another 40 minutes of Turbo Jam after work. It's been several months since I last did these workouts but my muscles seem to remember exactly what to do...and I forgot how many of them I had until I woke up this morning!

Maybe I'll go eat one of my 2 point ice cream cups while watching The Biggest Loser.

Last edited by thisbe; 04-02-2012 at 08:34 PM.
thisbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #27  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Penguin, actually, I had been using brown sugar and I had gotten used to it --I don't think there's a huge difference. But my cat would jump on the counter and start digging in it, she seemed to think it was her litterbox. She got very obsessed with it, as she tends to do, she pissed me off and I stopped buying it. I baked a cake for a friend last week and she didn't start screaming bloody murder as soon as she smelled it, so I'm hoping she's over it.

Looks like we're all having trouble eating today. I was supposed to eat 1458 calories today, then I said I'd end up at 1308... I'm at 874 and I don't feel like eating that last meal. I will, though, obviously.

I recently found out that my cat has had stomatitis for the past 5 years and her vet hadn't figured it out... The new vet is afraid to put her under so he can pull her teeth. She was on steroids and she was doing great and within two days after she stopped taking them, the pain came back. Now he's afraid to give her any more steroids. I don't know what I'm going to do...
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #28  
Stay Focused & Committed

Evening ladies,

Just checking in to say that I've had another good day! I'm looking forward to day 3. I hope everyone else made it okay today.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #29  

Just got back from the gym.... 30 mins on the elliptical, some stretching, and a brisk walk home burned 423 calories. I ate 2680 calories today, so my net was about 2260. MFP says "If every day were like today... You'd weigh 266.5 lbs in 5 weeks" - which would be 5 pounds less than I am now. 1 pound a week eating 2700 (healthy!) calories and exercising? I will SO take that.

Last edited by konfyoozed; 04-03-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #30  
~Kim~

Good morning ladies. It looks like the month is starting out great for everyone.

Mandy, good luck with your new plan. I hope it sticks for you and it gets you where you want to go. =)

Emme, good to hear from you. Time flies, it's hard to believe you're that far along already! You know how to get the weight off so I'm sure you'll have no problem doing it again after the baby comes. Do you know if it's a boy or girl yet?

April is going great for me so far. Like I said, I'm really just hoping to come out of the month maintaining where I am give or take a couple pounds. It's only the 3rd, but I've gotten in my workout everyday so far this month already. =) I'm not being too tight with my eating because with all the running around I'm doing it's hard to have planned meals like usual.

I hope you all have a great day!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote