Old 04-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #76  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

minoja75, the same thing had happened to me. I thought that I weighed 165 lbs and then I got a new scale and it said 197.6. I know exactly how you feel. I managed to get in a dress I had tailored for me when I weighed ~165 and it fit very well, even though I was already wearing clothes underneath. I almost cried, but I will feel bad over it forever. Please, don't be as stupid as I am. What matters is that you lost 34 lbs and that you're still going.

Despite 2 bad days, I'm at 189.2 today. Well ~189, because my scale is broken and I'm using my parents' scale which isn't digital, but it is accurate. I double-checked. So, I'm about 1 lb less than my goal. I hope the s**t I ate today doesn't catch up by tomorrow...
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #77  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Happy Easter to all those celebrating it!!

aniela26: Nice job in the first week of the month! It seems like you're well on your way!

Alisa: I'm glad you made it through last night ok. How are things going today?

sun: All the social events and meals around holidays can be HARD. Just get right back on the wagon this week and you'll be fine!

JayTee: You lost something and that's a start; better than going in the other direction, right? Any interest in posting your food log here for extra accountability? I was thinking about doing it to keep myself honest during Passover (when the only convenience foods I can eat are high-calorie crap with no nutritional value, and I DON'T want to eat that stuff!!), if others here wouldn't mind.

minoja: Ugh, I can imagine that was really disheartening with the scale, but the inch lost shows that you've been losing and you're going in the right direction! KEEP GOING, no matter what - you will get to where you want to be if only you don't give up.

ItsMyTurn: 7 inches, WOW!! That's fantastic! No wonder your husband is calling you skinny. All that activity is doing you well, clearly! The scale sometimes jumps up for me when I up my weekly mileage, so don't get discouraged... probably just a bit of extra water and it'll go back down when your body adjusts.

Marniadec: It's great that your ahead of your goal for this week!! And if you're worried about what you ate today, just skip the scale for a few days. Easier said than done, I know, but if you have a tiny true gain from today chances are it will be gone within another few days.

I ate SO much better during the day yesterday and at last night's seder than I did on Friday, so I'm really happy about that. Also got in close to 12 miles running and walking this weekend, so that extra calorie burn should help too. I'm going home to visit family and friends next weekend (makeup trip from last weekend) and I really want to look nice... my friends haven't seen me since August when I was ~50 lbs heavier, and a few extended family members haven't seen me since before I began losing weight! Given that my weight hasn't been this low since I was 13 years old (and a few inches shorter at the time), none of them have ever seen me at a "normal" weight, and so I'm looking forward to surprising people.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #78  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

chickadee, I hear ya about surprising people. This is the time of year when I meet with clients and it's been nice to hear their compliments, since most of them have only seen me heavy.

I'm hanging in around 147, which is good considering how much snacking I've been doing. One more week of crazy work hours and then I can get back to my more controlled eating. I'm pretty proud of myself for actually having lost weight during busy season but I don't want to get complacent.

Wishing everyone success this week!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marniadec View Post
minoja75, the same thing had happened to me. I thought that I weighed 165 lbs and then I got a new scale and it said 197.6. I know exactly how you feel. I managed to get in a dress I had tailored for me when I weighed ~165 and it fit very well, even though I was already wearing clothes underneath. I almost cried, but I will feel bad over it forever. Please, don't be as stupid as I am. What matters is that you lost 34 lbs and that you're still going.

Despite 2 bad days, I'm at 189.2 today. Well ~189, because my scale is broken and I'm using my parents' scale which isn't digital, but it is accurate. I double-checked. So, I'm about 1 lb less than my goal. I hope the s**t I ate today doesn't catch up by tomorrow...

I am trying so hard not to let it get to me but 10 pounds is a lot! Sorry about your luck with the scale too. Wish you luck on your next weigh in!

Thank you chickadee for the pep talk it is greatly needed and appreciated! I am sure your family is going to be so happy to see your great progress.
minoja75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:42 PM   #80  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

chicadee, right, I will try to not weigh myself every time I see the scale, I'm good at that. I know that I'll make up for it this week as I'll be fasting, so I'm not really beating myself over it. I met people I haven't seen in years yesterday. I was wearing a dress that was just above the knee and they were all going on and on about how I'm showing my legs, it was awesome! I also have an aunt who is always competing with my mom over who the best parent is. The one thing my mom had failed at, was raising a thin daughter. And now she's about to get herself one. I quite enjoyed the way she was staring at me. Not to mention the way my mom was bragging.

minoja, 10 lbs is less than 24. Trust me, don't let it get to you. What matters is that you do put in the work and you do see results. Good luck on your next weigh in, too!
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #81  
Maintaining Mommy

Marniadec, I am the same way with the scale! I know what the advice *should* be, just not how to ever implement it myself. Heh, that's pretty awesome about your mom and aunt - your mom must love it. And I'm jealous you're able to show your legs! I still can't wear anything that shows my knees unless I'm wearing stockings, and it makes me sad that even at a normal weight I can't wear shorts. I am seriously considering having plastic surgery on them at some point - despite the expense and time off from work and the pain during recovery, it seems like it would be worth it if I could wear shorts and a bathing suit with more confidence.

Last edited by chickadee32; 04-09-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #82  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 151/142/130

Height: 5ft 9

Weighing in

Start Weight: 143.2
02/04/12: 142.6
09/04/12: 142.0
16/04/12:
23/04/12:
30/04/12:

1.2lbs loss so far

Last edited by PaintedButterfly; 04-09-2012 at 07:28 AM.
PaintedButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #83  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

good job paintedbutterfly!
minoja and marnia- the same thing happened to me, for me it was when I was at my highest the scale said I was only 182 and then I went to a friend's house to find out I was almost 190. that really pisses me off, you feel like it's really not your fault because the dumb scale was lying. but you can do it, NO problem! y'all got this!

chickadee- I'm excited for you to see your family again and show them your accomplishment! I bet they will be blown away by how great you look.

Today I weighed in at 145.8. It's the first morning- empty stomach- weigh in I've done in a few weeks and I feel really good about that! I've got 3 more Mondays to weigh in and my goal for April was to get to and stay below 145, and I really think I can get there if I keep working hard. Good luck to everyone weighing in this week, stay strong!
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #84  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

minoja75: a great lesson in the theory that the scale number is simply data!

ItsMyTurn: no dairy and no creamy stuff is a tough challenge. The first several solutions I came up with wouldn't work because they involved one or the other. It is possible to make your own mayo, but I haven't done it. With that, of course, you could make your own creamy dressings and dips.

I was careful at a family gathering yesterday and got a down-tic on the scale this morning. A small one, but definitely down! That gives me a small sense of victory so I strive for it again the next holiday. That makes 8 of the 14 days in April that I wanted to weigh in below 75.1.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #85  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

chickdee how exciting about meeting your friends and family and them seeing you at such a healthy weight. Sounds so nice and you will be getting so many compliments! I am sorry you feel your knees are not presentable. I kind of feel that way about my mommy belly. I got massive stretch marks on my belly at the end of my pregnancy but at the same time I really don'
t care if I never wear a bikini. Lets see when I get to goal.

minojaaw that sucks about the scale but it doesn't change how much you lost! Just keep going

itsmyturn 7 inches of your waist?! OMG! that is alot. Skinny you are ~

marniadecf Way to go on the weight loss!

steph way to go on the maintenance. Its so gratifying when you keep whjat you lost off!

ailsapearl How awesome! You are going to get below your monthly goal! Very encouraging for me keep it up

gardenerjoy Isn't it such a gratifying feeling to stay on pl;an even at gatherings? What a nice victory

Ok ladies! So I have been good but have had some major bloat going on and am at 174! ugh hopefuly all the water I have been chugging will pay off and I will see it go away soon. I worked out like a devil at the gym today and it felt great~ I love the gym what a great stress relief. Hope you all ahve a great week!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #86  
Maintaining Mommy

PaintedButterfly: Nice job!

Alisa: Thank you! And YAY!! Your goal seems like it's totally within reach!

gardenerjoy: Way to go on eating well at the family event! Those little downward movements on the scale are SUCH a nice reward.

sun: Oh, my stomach is a mess too. But like you, it's not like I really care about wearing a bikini or not, so oh well! And I'm sooo with you on the gym being a great stress reliever! I hope it does good things for the bloat.

So, TOM finally finally came today! Only 3 weeks overdue, lol. The good news that comes with it is that I'll get my protocol this week for my upcoming IVF cycle. The bad news is that on Wednesday I'll start another 7 weeks of hormones, which are going to make my weight do nutty things.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

oops..i haven't stopped by here in awhile!!

so this past weekend was pretty bad for me. family came over which pretty much means i spent my weekend eating delicious yet not so good for you food. however, i am weighing in at 155.6 today!!! i've been putting more effort into my workouts & have been more strict with what i'm eating. i'm only 0.2lbs away from my next mini-goal as well! so hopefully i can hit that tomorrow (:
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #88  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

didn't do so well the past 2 nights...late night snacking has gotten the best of me! thankfully it's just been fruit, nuts, and skinny cow chocolate... could be worse! But being just 1lb away from my UGW makes me motivated and then again I feel so close that i slack. I need to kick it into gear tomorrow!
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #89  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

chickadee It must be so nervewracking to be going through fertility treatment and weight loss. It will all be worth it in the end and I am sending lots of good vibes and love you to.

So I ahve been hitting the gym really hard and am looking forward to my Saturday weigh in. My family is coming over for the weekend and I am know I am not going to be eating clean so I am trying to log as much bexercise as possible to combat those 3 dys. haha. Hope you all are doing great
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #90  
Maintaining Mommy

delyn: I think lots of us had that kind of weekend - I know I did! I'm glad you're seeing the payoff of the extra exercise on the scale though, and I hope your weigh-in today brought good mini-goal news!

Ailsa: It definitely could be worse than that, lol. You're so close though - I know you can fight through and hit your goal!!

sun: Thank you, very much. It's stressful sometimes, but having the weight loss to focus on between cycles has helped to keep me sane I think. And exercise. Thank god for exercise. I'm impressed that you've managed to plan ahead and bank some extra calorie burn for the weekend! I hope the weigh-in on Saturday goes really well.

I head home tomorrow, and so will be checking in only kind of sporadically through Sunday. I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!