Old 03-15-2012, 06:17 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Bunna, I hope you found something that makes you feel awesome! What is fluidity? Is it like yoga or pilates?

PG, gorgeous here too! Loving this weather. I may have asked before, but what kind of dog are you training?

Mindy, My parts have to go.

I am planning to keep right on exercising til they stick me under the knife. Should help me recover that much faster. Thinking I will do the surgery at the end of April or the beginning of May if they let me wait a bit.

W 100
E Dreadmill? Maybe a run outside because it's so freaking gorgeous!
E POP
D It's my Friday, tomorrow off cause I had to work last Saturday, yay me!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #107  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I did find a dress that I love. The unfortunate part is that they didn't have my size (everything on both sides of it, just not my size). I will try another store this weekend.

Fluidity is a ballet bar system that folds up to store easily when not in use. There are fluidity videos as well and I use those along with other videos that use standing bar exercises. I have several ballet based videos. The low impact and stretching aspects are great for me.

My WEED for today:

W: 64oz
E: new ballet dvd
E: making sure I get recommended fruit and veggie servings
D: clean out my closet
bunnabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #108  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday's WEED went well. However, because I was so tired from only three hours sleep the night before I overslept this morning through my alarm. I like to exercise in the morning and that didn't happen today so I hope I do it later.

Mavis - I have an Old English Sheepdog

Bunnabear - that fluidity sounds interesting as I danced with a ballet company when I was a young girl. I actually had a bar and mirror put up in my basement when I would help my husband and sons with dance moves in theater. I should look into that.

Today's WEED -

W - 72
E - 30 min on treadmill or outside
E - 1200-1300 calories
D - enjoy the day and try not to get too stressed over everything I "have" to do

Have a good WEED day everyone.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Back! Had a crazy stressful week along with car issues and a broken keyboard But now everything is back to normal. I didn't gain weight, just maintained which is good I hope everyone has had a fabulous week so far!

W-80
E-session with pt
E-smaller portions
D-You're back! Now come back with a vengence!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #110  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Shoulder is still sore but I am easing up on it so it can heal. Naproxen helps, so I am gonna stick with that only. No chili pepper cream for me. I am down just a tad. I bought Jackie Warner's book and I am giving it a try. Here's the gist.

Nothing with more than 5 grams of sugar per serving.

Weeks 1 and 2:

Add these foods daily.
2 eggs
1 cup oatmeal
2 or 3 servings of fruit
2 cups of basically green veggies
1 whey protein shake
2 liters of water (she says with lemon, but I don't like it)

Gonna give this a shot for 2 weeks and see what happens.

MM- Good luck with your parts.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #111  
Portion Control

Yesterday's WEED was successful even with oversleeping.

Dott - we missed you. Glad you are maintaining despite the crap you are dealing with.

Mindy - sorry about your shoulder.

I just had a shamrock shake from McDonalds but I cut my sandwhich in half and gave half the shake to a co-worker. Still got the taste without the damage. Decided to treat myself without going overboard. Lunch calories came in at 430.

Today's WEED

W - 72
E - 40 min on treadmill & abs (done)
E - 1200-1300 calories (including my Shamrock Shake)
D - do some sewing tonight to lighten the load going into the weekend

Positive WEED thoughts to all.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

I realize you guys started this WAYYY back in February, and I am a little late; however, I would love to jump in. I know this is a group that has been around for years. I need that kind of stability in my support group. Hope you won't mind me jumping in here.

At least for the rest of the month of March these are my goals.

W- 12 oz
E- 15 min
E- 1800 calories
D- Slow and steady

I know some of you have to be looking at that thinking, "REALLY? What the....??" I know I know....I have tried so many different things so many times and I always fail. I have worked my way up to 275, and I have really gotten the mentality that I just can't do it. I really feel like a failure. I feel like I CAN'T do it! That is so hard for me to say...and hear, but that is where I'm at. I think if I can just set some small goals and actually accomplish them that I can change my way of thinking and challenge myself. I hope no one thinks I'm just trying to take the easy way out. I really want to do this right and for good.

Can't wait to meet you all!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #113  
Portion Control

Melissa welcome to the group.

For me personally I like to post daily because I like to set my WEED goals daily. It allows me flexibility in what I am doing.

So you may want to give that a whirl too.

That way you can say okay today I am going to drink 24 oz of water on a day you feel up to it.

Each day I like to post how I did the day before - it keeps me on track knowing I am going to post and then I list my WEED for the day.

It is just a suggestion but it really helps me stick to it.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

PopcornGal - Thank you!!! I will for sure be here at least daily. The only time I may not be able to check in is on Sat and Sun because I don't have internet at home. But I may be able to swing it!!!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Melissa, welcome! We are glad you here. Can't wait to get to know you, I think we have been in some previous challenges together! PS!! You CAN do it!

Mindy, hope your shoulder feels better soon! The food plan sounds good and healthy!

PG, good healthy approach to share the Shamrock shake and sandwich, my hubby loves those shakes!

Dottington, welcome back, we've missed you, sounds like the week from ****! Had one of those myself!

Bunna, fluidity sounds awesome, will have to look into that. Hope you find the dress in your size!

Here was today! Didn't get here this am

W 100
E Haven't done a darn thing, need to do some . Crunches and planks will do the trick!
E Did all right today.
D Need a great relaxing weekend! Gonna make it happen. YS goes back to college tomorrow though. That always sucks.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #116  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

PG, I have a ballet background too and it seems to really work for me as a workout. I don't feel like I'm working out, it's just fun. Element Ballet Conditioning is a great DVD and you can use a chair if you don't have a bar or don't want to jump into getting Fluidity right away.

Mavis, thanks, I'm on a mission this weekend to find it. It is frustrating to actually find something flattering (rare occasion) and not be able to find my size.

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I was able to meet my goals that I set for myself. I'm down 2 pounds (today is weigh in day for me)!!!

My WEED for today:
W: 64 oz
E: stationary bike and weights/bands
E: today is my cheat day so my goal is moderation and not blow progress and my 2 pound loss this week.
D: complete my closet project

I hope everyone has a fantastic and successful weekend. Weekends are tough for me.
bunnabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #117  
Portion Control

I failed yesterday's second E last night. I was feeling stressed at the end of the day when the Girl Scout cookies were delivered last night. I ended up eating a whole sleeve of Thin Mints - a whopping 640 calories.

On a good note it was not enough to sabotage my hard work this week.
I lost 4 lbs this week when I weighed in today. :

Bunnabear - congratulations on the 2 lbs!!! Saturday is my weigh in day too. Thanks for the info on the ballet DVD. I may give it a try next month.

Mavis - I hope you have a relaxing weekend. I know how you feel about your son leaving. I thought college was bad but I really miss them now that they are 2000 miles away in California. I cry every time they leave even though I talk to them almost daily it is just not the same.

Melissa - good attitude, we look forward to hearing from you soon. I like to do the internet at work too it blocks me out of a lot of sites but thankfully not this one.

Today's WEED -

W - 72 oz
E - 65 mins on treadmill and abs (done)
E - 1300-1400 calories (even with corned beef)
D - hit the sewing hard today so I can get onto other projects

Have a great WEED weekend everyone!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #118  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Went on a shopping spree yesterday. Here's my list.

Atkins bars-less than 5 grams sugar
whey protein powder
oatmeal (low sugar)
vitamin C
Fishoil (gummie variety)
new bike seat and grips

Got home and went for a 5 mile ride. Gonna give this the ole college try.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

mckenzie! Hey you can do it! Just take it one day at a time

mtiger-good luck with your new plan! It sounds good

popcorngal-congrats on the loss You're doing awesome!

bunnabear-weekends are always tough for me too I know if we put our minds to it we can get through it!

mavis-hope you are able to relax this weekend

W-80
E-session with personal trainer
E-under 1800
D-small portions! small portions!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #120  
Portion Control

Yesterday's WEED went badly again with my calories. I don't know what is going on but I have been so tired all week. I thought it was the time change and my hormones. Anyway, I did well through lunch but in the afternoon I was so tired that I started eating to feel better.

Today's WEED -

W - 64
E - 30 min on treadmill
E - 1200-1300 calories
D - try not to stress eat

Stay strong throught the weekend everyone.