Old 11-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #76  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Noelle, I love that costume idea! And I can't wait for the first part of Breaking Dawn. I think I'm more excited about it than my girls.

nikkah, good for you for not eating your stress away. It is so easy to do that. And congrats on your 0.8-pound drop!!

Erin, happy to hear that you are staying on plan and doing well. Just keep your eye on that prize.

Yesterday I got a call from my mom that my dad was feeling dizzy, so I took him to urgent care. After 5 hours of waiting, tests, more waiting, and more test, it was determined his heart was beating a little slow and his was dehydrated. When we got back, I had to go to my BIL's 50th birthday party, where I ate a little too much chicken and salad, but I was starved. I didn't get a chance to work out, so I'll have to make it up on Saturday.

Happy Thursday all!
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #77  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

Glad your dad is ok, Sandy.

I'm also looking forward to Breaking Dawn. This month is a good movie month. I'm taking the kids to see Puss in Boots on Sunday.

So I took a step towards exercise yesterday. I registered me and my daughter for an ice skating class. It will be an hour every Tuesday. I've never ice skated so I'm nervous but excited.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 161/139.3/140

Height: almost 5'3"

Hi everyone!

I haven't worked out for the last two days, so promise myself and you all that tonight I will. I have been eating on plan.

I did find some before pics that were taken at a wedding last year, and my goal tonight is to put that same bridesmaid dress on and take a few afters. I think as I continue to get stronger and tone up I may take some after-afters.

Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. That sounds stressful for you him and your whole family. Don't you wish stress burned calories just as well as exercise?

I plan to eat normal on Thanksgiving as well, but will lower my calories slightly the two days before, so hopefully it'll all even out.
tab11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #79  
http://www.3fatchicks.com

S/C/G: 227/189/135

Height: 5'8

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks Sandy for the nice welcome and the information on high protein diets. Also I hope your dad is feeling better!!!

We are going to give our diet one more chance this month with the Go Figure program, so today I go and weigh in......a little nervous because like I said before the last couple of weeks have been stressful ones. So please wish me luck that I didn't gain to much back because I would love to wear a little black dress for my birthday.

I really would love to start working out I haven't started yet but if anyone has great ideas they would like to share I would appreciate it. I am starting to get the sagging skin look and it is not very attractive if you know what I mean!!

Always,
NuttyAutty
NuttyAutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #80  
For My Boys!

S/C/G: 207/196/150

Height: 5'6

This week has been nuts, I have been working out the way I should but my eating has been a little off. So I have decided that tomorrow is a new day and I am getting back on the diet horse. I am determined to look better in my bathing suit by next summer. For this week the students here have been nutty and today I found out that I have pink eye yuck! Well I hope all of you are having a better week than me!
khumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:49 AM   #81  

I'm checking in late and really quick. I'll catch up with you all more tomorrow. I promise!

Firstly, thank you all for your thoughts about my dad. He is feeling much less dizzy today. But today I had to take my youngest daughter, 17, to the walk-in clinic because of a staph infection. I swear, I could probably drive to this hospital blindfolded by now. lol So...stressful week, indeed.

I got done working out at 9:35 tonight. How's that for late? But it's done and that's what matters. But now I'm beat and ready to hit the sack.

Talk to you all tomrrow!

Last edited by sandcar150; 11-04-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:38 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 210.6/190.2/150

Hi all-

I promised myself I would check in every morning from now on.

Sandy- I hope your dad is feeling better. That is very stressful.

Tab- Congrats on meeting and exceeding your goal!!!

NuttyAutty- Welcome, What plan are you going to do?

Khumprhey- Good for you that you are getting backon track. It is ok to fall off the horse as long as we get back on

I am still doing well. I added 2 nights of exercise this week. I am doing leslie Sanstone walk and tone. 20 minutes 2 times a week for now. Also, a friend who is a major support has challenged me to only eat fruit / veggies and 2 portions of lean protein on Sat and Sunday. Weekends are mytime I usually stray by either eating crap, or to much salt. I am excited to try this and going shopping after work today for fresh produce. If it works I may do it once a month to flush out crap.

Have a healthy day
Nikkki
nikkih1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #83  
For My Boys!

S/C/G: 207/196/150

Height: 5'6

Sandcar, Glad your dad is starting to feel better. Sorry your having a rough week. I hope you have a great weekend! Sometimes I only have night workouts just like today only time for me to get it in is after the family goes to bed. Last weekend I worked out and ended at 10:55 pm.

Nikki, Good luck with the flush you can do it. I might have to try doing something like that soon.

NuttyAutty, I have been working out to Zumba and any dancing workouts I can find online. I enjoy doing it this way because an hour goes by and you are sweating and yet having fun. I have the DVD's for Zumba yet I would like to try a class sometime. We also have P90X workout dvd's and I use some of them like KenpoX and the Cardio X. I hope some of this helps! Good Luck!

AFM, Well I am exercising great but yesterday I ate crappy again! But, today I am doing good and I hope to get my rear in gear and get back to the plan.
khumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #84  
http://www.3fatchicks.com

S/C/G: 227/189/135

Height: 5'8

Good Afternoon Everyone,

We stayed with the Go Figure program Nikki.....very pricey but I am scared to walk away since I have been losing weight on it. My weigh in wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be up 3lbs, so that means I just have to work my little tail off before next weeks weigh in.

Khumphrey, thank you for all the information on workouts. I just signed up to a 24hr gym today being I am always on the go, I will have no excuse not to go because it is always open. Starting a small Zumba class with a bunch of women on Tuesday, so hopefully next week I will have better results to share.

I am pretty sure my stress and not sleeping is really hindering me on losing weight as well. Any good tips anyone? My sleeping well it will probably be an issue for awhile since my son's accident if you read any of my previous posts you will find out that I was one of the responder (Firefighter/EMT) to my son's accident. So I really need to figure out on how to get a good nights sleep.

Thanks again everyone and I probably won't be checking in until Monday, so I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Always,
NuttyAutty
NuttyAutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:08 AM   #85  

Hey guys!

nikkih, I love the Leslie Sansone dvds. I only used those when I first started working out. I found them not too stressful on my back and a great way to ease into working out. Not that they are easy. I sweated buckets with those workouts. Good luck with them.

khumphrey, it does feel good to get those workouts in any time you can. I really have no excuse but laziness not to do them early; I'm a homemaker and my girls are both self sufficient. Plus, I feel it drains me all day thinking, "I've got to get my workouts in. I've got to ge my workouts in."

Nutty, I wish you the best with that program. Like they say: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As for me, it's time to switch the ol’ high-protein diet around. I did lose a half pound since Monday, but I like to keep my metabolism guessing by changing my diet around a little, even though I usually do some sort of high-protein plan when I do switch it up.

So, starting tomorrow, my husband, Ron, and I are going to do The 17 Day Diet. I’ve been reading up a lot about it and it’s getting great reviews in magazines and on Amazon. They featured it both in Woman’s World magazine and First for Women magazine recently, and it looks very doable. You can even have a serving of mock pumpkin pie each day. Yum! People are claiming to lose anywhere from 10 to 20 pounds in the first 17 days. Of course, with Ron and I losing weight steadily for a few months now, neither of us assume we will get losses that high. But we’d be pretty darn happy to lose anything in the 6- to 8-pound range in that duration. That would put Ron pretty much at his goal weight of 155 pounds and possibly get me out of the 190s.

Lindsy, we haven't heard from you since Halloween. Hope all is well with you and that you check in soon. Don't work too hard.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by sandcar150; 11-05-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #86  

So far so good with this diet. I'm down another half pound this morning. Yes!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #87  

Sandy- Way to go on your lb loss

Nutty- I have trouble sleeping as well. Maybe if you get to the gym you will be exhausted and your body will shut down so you can sleep? I wish I had better answers for you.

Hang in their humprey today is a new day

I went shopping yesterday for veggies and this is what I plan to eat this weekend. butternut squash , balsamic portabellos, sweet potatoes, peppers and onions, zucchini in Parmesan sauce, lemon pepper asparagus, and steamed cauliflower, carrots and peas with lemon pepper. I'm excited to eat so healthy I'll add some fish with dniner so I get some protein in as well.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #88  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Morning everyone.

Sandy- good job on the lb loss!
Nikki- all those veggies sound great.

I'm still trucking on. Making good progress toward my Thanksgiving goal. 7 more lbs and I'll hit it.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #89  

Way to go, ladies!!!

Nikkih, all those foods sound yummy. My mouth actually watered reading about them. Who would have ever thought this former sweeth-tooth addict would get excited about eating veggies? lol

Last edited by sandcar150; 11-05-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #90  

I am the same way shocked I am excited about these veggies Clean eating can be delicious !