Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #61  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
Rainbow--Maybe salad and fajita "filling," you know...onion, green pepper, (steak, shrimp or chicken) mix WITHOUT the wrap, sour cream, quacomole, etc.
roger that sir!!! thanks will report later sir!!

fitgirl....thanks too

i'm off...feels good to have a plan of "attack" and be prepared!!!

jeanettey: challenge complete last night and today!! yeah!!! BLACK OPS STRONG BABY!!! thanks for the challenges!!! i did about half of the during the TBL workout time before i even knew the challenge, so that was cool!!! yeah!!

everyone....stay BLACK OPS STRONG...THIS IS THE ONLY LIFE YOU GET!!
Old 10-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #62  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Or ask for corn tortillas. MUCH lower in calories. Fajitas are pretty good but a lot of times they are waaaay high in oil. If the black beans are plain plain mix them with the salsa and eat with the corn tortillas. Or get a plain undressed salad and put the beans and salsa over the salad.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #63  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

nothing like a cootie lightning bolt to scare ya huh??
Yup, I'll run in rain, snow, dark, but not lightning. Especially since the 2 times I got caught out here in thunder, I got hailed on. Owie.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #64  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Love my new elliptical, getting used to the jelly legs.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #65  
Living the Life

Reporting in.

Work is blah and I came home in a mood. Oh yes, a mood.

I was carrying cookie dough that I order for one of the my co-workers kid's fundraiser...thinking about just getting a spoon and eating it all. I tossed it in the freezer instead. But went on the prowl for something, anything. I was not a happy camper and I wanted sugary, comfort food NOW!

But I feed the cats first them stomped around being mad. But I kept thinking, that eating won't make me happpy, Sarge will kick my @%%. Then put on my running clothes and hit the road. 4.5 miles later, I feel better.

Reason #5 for why I run.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #66  
Feed Your Freedom

BLACK OPS STRONG!!!

thanks everyone for your support!!!

I went with a plan, team support and suggestions ...took a container to bring home half my order in...and I FEEL AWESOME!!!

I stayed FULLY IN CONTROL!!! I chose grilled chicken, grilled veggies (tomatoes, onions, broccoli, red peppers) and plain black beans. I enjoyed 5 tortilla chips with salsa. NO CHEESE DIP, NO FLOUR TORTILLAS, NO SOUR CREAM, NO GUACAMOLE, NO CORN TORTILLAS, NO EXTRAS!! ice water to drink!! and lunch for tomorrow!!! WIN WIN

BLACK OPS STRONG BABY OH YEAH!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #67  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Chesh - GAH, I have been wanting cookie dough like crazy lately! That used to be my go-to extremely-unhealthy-but-just-want-yummy-feel-good food, and I've not touched it since I started the weight loss. Awesome job resisting and getting out there to do something to make yourself and your body feel GOOD!!!

rainbow - Great job planning and making the healthy choices! It feels great to be in control and have NO GUILT after a meal out. Your leftovers look yummy, too! Win-win!

I got a nice whoosh on the scale after a nap this evening, and finally got to change my profile and signature tonight - the first time in weeks! I am really happy, and now looking toward the next milestone. I'm off to the gym now for a short run... and I decided that if things go well with the running over the next week and a half, I'm signing up for a 5K on Nov 6.

Last edited by chickadee32; 10-05-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 192/178.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Today was tough. I was so busy I didn't even realize I hadn't eaten anything for breakfast. I have been slacking on my premade food so lunch today was a rice cake, nutella, and a banana. This afternoon Hubby had some family business he needed to take care of and he wanted the kids and me to go with him. We ended up having dinner at Sonic. Not my first choice, as we perused the menu I was tempted to have something not so good for me. But I thought about the people here and I didn't want to have to admit that I didn't lose weight because I couldn't resist the pull of chicken tenders. So I got a grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun no mayo. I also have a vanilla cone. When I got home, I made sure to log my food so I could see how I'd done. I consider that a victory because I made smart choices and was honest with myself about what I ate. Yay me.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #69  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Yes. Definitely. And then I realized he was seriously seriously too young. Damn. Because that is really all that is in my way.
Who cares? I would workout with him :-)
Old 10-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #70  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
HELP PLEASE SUGGESTIONS: what else can i try??? with the black beans???

one of my sons is coming into town and wants to take me out to dinner at the mexican restaurant tonight. yikes!!!! mexican is one of my favorite indulgences!! i am not ordering my fav cheese dip!!! i have been looking online at the menu trying to find the healthiest items i can order...and i called the restaurant to find out they serve plain black beans, (not listed on the menu)...i want to be prepared BEFORE I GO...any good ideas???
Seriously? If it is your favourite, go for it. Ask for a container right away, put half of it away before you start eating. You will have the pleasure of eating your favourite (nothing wrong with that in my opinion) and the calories will be fine. PLUS you get another portion which you can either eat the next day or freeze for later.
I went out for lunch twice last week, one dinner (with peanutt) and a party on Saturday night. I split my lunches as described above, had a fairly good dinner (only meat and salad) and was eating very small portions at the party. Paired with a good workout on 5 days of the week. Result? 2.6 lbs lost.

Edit: Sorry, I should read the whole thread before I post. Sigh. I was out on a field trip today and just had some major catching up to do.

Anyways, I also wanted to report that I did get some workout in. No biking today though.

@Jeanettey - Did the challenge without that last one though. Details are on Fitocracy. I am too tired to type it all. Sorry. Back tomorrow with more energy :-)

Last edited by josey; 10-05-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #71  
Feed Your Freedom

@chickadee.....thanks girlfriend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey View Post
Seriously? If it is your favourite, go for it. Ask for a container right away, put half of it away before you start eating. You will have the pleasure of eating your favourite (nothing wrong with that in my opinion) and the calories will be fine. PLUS you get another portion which you can either eat the next day or freeze for later.
I went out for lunch twice last week, one dinner (with peanutt) and a party on Saturday night. I split my lunches as described above, had a fairly good dinner (only meat and salad) and was eating very small portions at the party. Paired with a good workout on 5 days of the week. Result? 2.6 lbs lost.
@joesy...see my above post...that is exactly what i did!! haha thanks
Old 10-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

@Sarge with hand clapping!

My workout partner is now on track yet, I completely agree it is only up to me.

You all rock! Thanks for the support now it is bed time.

Last edited by celrae; 10-05-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 161/161/130

Height: 5'6

Starting weight is 161.2. I'm going to lose that .2 by Sunday, and then I can really dig into the challenge. I've been overeating a lot recently, and I think the only reason I haven't gained more weight is from dog walking. Glad I have a dog!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #74  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Jeanettey - Challenge complete

Tricep extensions - 10rep/15lbs
Tricep chest press - 15 rep/15lbs
Shoulder raises - 10rep/10lbs
Front shoulder raises - 10rep/10lbs
Deltoid press - 10rep/15lbs
Split stance bicep curls - 15rep/15lbs
Kettlebell arm swings (modified with dumbbell, no kettles at home) - 10rep/10lbs

rainbow - I'm glad your meal out was a success, it sounds and looks yummy
Old 10-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #75  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee32 View Post
Chesh - GAH, I have been wanting cookie dough like crazy lately! That used to be my go-to extremely-unhealthy-but-just-want-yummy-feel-good food, and I've not touched it since I started the weight loss. Awesome job resisting and getting out there to do something to make yourself and your body feel GOOD!!!

rainbow - Great job planning and making the healthy choices! It feels great to be in control and have NO GUILT after a meal out. Your leftovers look yummy, too! Win-win!

I got a nice whoosh on the scale after a nap this evening, and finally got to change my profile and signature tonight - the first time in weeks! I am really happy, and now looking toward the next milestone. I'm off to the gym now for a short run... and I decided that if things go well with the running over the next week and a half, I'm signing up for a 5K on Nov 6.
Thats fantastic chickadee, you are really making short work of your goals, totally impressed.
Closed Thread