Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #91  
~Kim~

Good morning everyone.

It sounds like everyone is doing really well.

I just got in from doing my C25K. Did my best ever and had one stretch of jogging that was 7:10, total time jogging was 15:10. I think that's pretty good improvement, I'm on week 3 and week 1 the best day I had was 2:30 for the longest stretch and 9 minutes total. =)

I'm going to go out and do a little shopping today, try to stay in a good mood. It's my husband's birthday and I'm pretty bummed that we don't get to spend it together... next week will be worse because it's my birthday.. Oh well, only 3 more weeks till he comes home so that's definitely something to be cheerful about.

I hope everyone has a great day!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #92  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Happy Friday everyone

TJ - Congrats on losing another pound this week. I'm right there with you on slow and steady. I'd rather go fast and steady but my body prefers slow and steady but I'll take it as long as the scale is going down.

Ruth - Great job on an awesome job yesterday. You are rockin it.

Kim - You are doing a great job with your C25K! I hope you're able to make it through today and next week. Just try and focus on his return in 3 weeks and not his not being there. Stay strong

Yesterday wasn't one of my best as I was so stressed at work that I tended to have too many WW snacks last night. I spent about 15 extra points on it. Today is going to be a great day and I am going to stay at or below my Points target.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 220/209.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Emme - Pineapple is the best thing ever, isn't it? It's a great treat because it's sooo sweet. I had some the other eve w/just a dab of ff cool whip and it was delish. Tasted like a sinful dessert. I'll have to try it freeze dried.

Oxia - The running club sounds fun. And, it sounds like it pushed you to do more than you would have on your own. Next time, make a plan for the after party.

Gettin - CONGRATS on the skinny pants! I'm wearing some today too! Today will be better. I overspent the last two days because of eating out. I had the extras so I'm OK but I'm so thankful to be more in control of my menu the next few days.

TJ - CONGRATS on the 1 lb down. Keep going!!!

Ruth - I wish I had that problem once in a while that I need to eat because my count is low. LOL

TooMany - Maybe you can plan your celebration for his return and both b'days with this time so you're spending your time thinking about something other than the fact that he's gone?

Today, I've gotta get some lifting in. I'm way behind.

B~egg and english muffin toast 4, decaf w/sf creamer 2
Sn~grapes
L~egg salad sammich 8, cauliflower
Sn~popcorn 3
Oh wait..I'm going to an Italian restaurant with hubby this eve....I'll really have to be careful there!!!!!
lifting and stretching

Tomorrow
B~steel cut oats, greek yogurt.blueberries, trying my homemade pumpkin latte
Sn~fruit
L~sloppy joe, veggies, diet coke
Sn~veggies, popcorn
D~spanish rice
bike ride

Sunday
B~egg bake (looking for a low point but tasty recipe)
Sn~fruit
L~soup and or rueben
Sn~yogurt, berries
D~lg salad, lasagna
bike ride
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #94  

Height: 5'6"

Kim- great job on the C25K improvement I have been trying to increase my length of jogging also. I am stuck like glue on my DH, it would be really hard for me to spend any length of time away from him. The longest we have been apart is one week when he had to go out of state for his job a few years ago.
GettinFit- Thanks!
workinmom- I don't always have that problem, lol. But when I am doing well, it can sometimes be hard for me to get as many calories as need. I think because I am trying to not eat a lot of bread/starch and that takes quite a few cals out of the equation. I have to be careful to get enough cals because if I don't, I end up feeling really sick, even though I might not be hungry. So I try to not go below 1400, preferably 1500-1600.

So my weight is back down to ticker, 167.2. I was hoping for more, maybe I'll get a swoosh tomorrow. I have done really well all week. I am going to have to be careful for supper because we are taking the kids to a youth camp out tonight and there will be food there. I told DH that we (me and him) need to eat before we go.

Breakfast- had an egg, slice of deer bacon, tomato, 1/2 c milk, coconut oil
Lunch- Stouffers chicken parmesan with veges, 1/2 apple
Supper- ?? maybe steak sandwiches from leftover steak, and veges
Snacks- misc.

Have a great Friday chickies!!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #95  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Oxia ~ Is that your real name? If it is, how do you pronounce it? If it's not your real name, how do you still pronounce it? It looks interesting! Glad you made it through the running even if you had a few extra snacks.

GettinFit ~ Woo hoo on the NSV! You are rockin' girl!

TJ ~ Congrats on losing a pound!! Slow and steady really does win the race.

ruth ~ That's a good plan about eating before you head out...smart thinking!

Kim ~ I was going to ask you how your running was going. Wow!!! That is a great amount of time to be jogging! It sounds like shopping is a great distraction from being bummed about not being with your hubby on his bday. Hang in there; he'll be home before you know it!

workinmom ~ Ooh, pineapple with ff cool whip does sound delish!! The freeze-dried takes a minute to get used to, but I love sweets that I can snack on like candy, so it works out b/c it is in pieces.

Yesterday I had way too much sugar and it really affected me negatively. I burned my mouth when I started chewing a piece of gum after getting down on handfuls of candy corn. Then, later in the day I was completely exhausted and run down from the sugar collapse. My stomach hurt, and I just wasn't in good form.

So, today I took all the candy I had in my office and put it in the front office for everyone to eat. And I bought some extra bags of freeze-dried pineapple and strawberries/bananas to nosh on. Candy doesn't even look good to me today. I am going to have an OP weekend and avoid sugar like a mo-fo. I bought some organic cereal that has 1g of sugar in a serving (woo-hoo!), but you can totally tell why...it has no flavor (well, not a flavor that I am used to anyway), but I'm sure I'll get used to it soon. That's what happened when I switched to all-natural pb...at first I thought it was nasty, but I kept eating it and now I can't live without it! Happy Friday, everyone!

Last edited by Emme; 10-07-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 155/151/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone,

GettingFit Hope the stress level at work goes down. It's no fun!

Emme Good job getting rid of the extra candy. I don't do well at all when candy is around.

Not the best of days food wise. I took my daughter out for lunch, and the only place near her school is a malt shop. Had a burger, shared some onion rings and a little of her malt with her. Good but ughh..

At least I had biked to a meeting I had this morning, and after we had lunch, my daughter and I went on a nice walk. And of course, it was a fun treat to spend some time with her. I'm going to have to make sure dinner tonight is a thin one.

-TJ
goTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #97  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

What can I say? I MISS YOU GUYS! GettinFit, as like last month, you are a natural cheerleader. You really rally the troops. I like it a lot!

Emme and April, you also keep the positivity up.

Penguin, you sure are a talented knitter. The sweater is gorgeous. I knit and crochet as well. Last item I knitted was a winter hat for my DD's BF in orange and blue "lets go Mets" colors. He'll have a nice warm head this winter. I think he was most impressed that someone would go to the trouble of handmaking something for him--but me and my husband, we really love the guy; he is a very nice young man and he and DD make a cute couple.

So my goal for this challenge (I'm baaaaaaack) is to try and keep off the scale (yes, again) except for a weekly weigh in.

Currently, I seem solidly in the 170s. In July, I hoped to lose 16 pounds in 16 weeks. I have 4 weeks left, and I've lost 13+ pounds, so I'd like to lose 3 pounds by the 31st. Seems doable right? Even if I don't make it, I cannot imagine I'd throw another hissy fit like I did 4 weeks ago. How childish of me. However, that experience caused me to switch up my program and step up my game, so it was useful (but I hate acting bratty--especially at my age!)

Good luck to everyone. I wish you all the successes you wish for yourself, and more. We got this!!!!!!!
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #98  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good evening ladies,

Glad to see you ladies are doing good. My day was okay. I still ate too many Weight Watchers snacks. I think I may have to stop buying these for a while and get back to snacking more on fruits, yogurt, string cheese etc. I want so bad to make onederland before I go on my cruise and it's in 7 weeks. Last year when I went I was at my all time highest weight of 235 and I was totally miserable. This time I will be in a better place with my weight and I will be able to fit some of my cruise clothes.

This evening I did a brisk 2.5 mile up hill walk.

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #99  
Stay Focused & Committed

Chickslicker - Congrats on your 13+ loss That is an awesome job!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #100  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone,

I'm gonna have to catch up with everyone's posts later - tho from skimming I see that everyone is doing well! This is just a quick one for me. It's like one thing after the next in my life in terms of stressful situations, I am soooo looking forward to a break! I feel like I'm being tested to see whether I can deal with life without turning to food for solace.

This time the stress is career related, and I am currently fighting the urge to feed my emotions. Eating is not going to get me anywhere career wise. I worked out, I cried it out, I wrote it out - but I am still feeling anxiety and stress over my situation. I am just trying to endure until it's over.

Also, I am going to a birthday dinner this evening at the Cheesecake factory. I am planning on getting a salad and avoiding cheesecake or any other desert. That is the plan. I hope I can stick to this. Sprinkling on myself.

Hope everyone's having an OP day.

Last edited by Tricia Fierce; 10-08-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #101  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Gettinfit - you just may have to switch things up to get the scale going down. I know on the snack front, they're not all alike. I went shopping yesterday and I bought some taco chips (tortilla chips?) and I was in the whole grain/natural foods aisle with the gluten free and organic stuff--where the "good" cereals and snacks are. The taco chips, some of them are 10 chips for 150 calories and some are 14 chips for 110 calories. I bought multi grain with sea salt. Yum.

What got me in that aisle is I really love granola - but omg so fattening. Now instead I buy Kashi go lean crunch, and mix that with Kashi whole grain puffs. The puffs have only 70 calories in a cup. What a calorie bang!

Gotta read those packages.

You've been doing this for a while; you know what works for you. But, you gotta shake things up when it slows down.

Hugs, D
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #102  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

just did a 45 minute walking and sculpting routine - WAY harder than the WATP ones I've been doing. whew!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #103  
~Kim~

Thanks everyone for the happy words, yesterday went pretty well, I got to talk to the hubs on webcam for a while so that was really nice. =)

Tricia ~ I hope things get better soon. Cheesecake Factory.... seriously, I dream about that place. They have not one, but two of my favorite meals there. Ok, now my mouth is starting to water, moving on!

GettinFit ~ you keep doing what you've been doing and you'll get there, hopefully in time for your trip. =) Snack foods are bad for me too, if I have them around I tend to overdo it, so really the best thing for me is to not even buy them.

Emme ~ Good for you for getting rid of the candy. I hope you're having a great weekend on plan!

I'm having a decent weekend so far. Just got done cleaning my carpets a bit ago and doing some laundry.. fun fun fun.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 10-08-2011 at 03:54 PM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #104  

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick check in. I got most of my water in today and 48 mins of exercise. I'm not sure on my calories yet, I have to sit down and try to figure them up. I was at my mom's earlier and did some snacking so it will just be an estimate. I think my cals will be fine because I really didn't eat that much.
Have a good night
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #105  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Oct 7
B= 2 c cranberry juice
L= roast beef sand
S= sliced pears
D= Pizza night! I had leftover steak so I added that to spicy ranch, chedder, peppers/onions and rosemary. Very good!
S= cereal, banana
E= none

We eat dinner fairly early around 5pm {when Hubby gets home from work} so sometimes we get hungry again before bed. Thinking of changing dinner time but its a hard habit to change.

Oct 8
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= Chickfila grilled wrap, honey mustard sauce
S= Snickers, mug coffee
D= Datenight! Longhorn's grilled Parm chicken sandwich, sweet potato with cinn but very little butter, 1 bread/butter
E= none

The mother of the Twins started to go into labor at 5 months. I haven't heard anything else yet but will call my friend tomorrow.

Singer, I suspected you crocheted from your avatar!

Kim, glad you and your Hubby talked.

Tricia, Hope your stress is shortlived. Good job trying other methods to deal with it. have a good time at CF!

Emme, good job getting rid of the candy!

Ruth, good job on the all the exercise and the ticker weight!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote