Old 10-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #61  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Still not feeling great. I get this sinus problems twice every year so its no big surprise; spring and fall, when the pollen counts are high and the weather is changing. The two years I lived near Seattle I didn't even get a snuffle, but most everyone gets this to some degree or another just living here. I think the worst part is I feel so tired but still have touble sleeping.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #62  

The good news about being sick is I have a lot of time to knit. My friend's son and DIL just discovered at 5 months they are having twins. So I needed to make another baby outfit to 'match' the first one. This one is a darker green.

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...pics/001-2.jpg
http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...pics/002-2.jpg The hat looks like a cactus but will stretch to fit baby's head. I try to make them sized closer to 8 months.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 196(HW220) /149.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I’ve been having an OP week so far and getting in my exercise even though I’ve been busy.

Penguin – I’m in awe of your knitting abilities. Those baby clothes are so cute! I always wanted to learn how to knit, but I could never get beyond a scarf… I hope you start feeling better soon!
SparkleBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #64  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

30 minutes of Wii steps (while watching Biggest Loser!). That was on top of going on my son's field trip today with lots of walking in that too. So a good activity day.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:00 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/110

Height: 5'5"

patchworkpenguin-- your sweater etc. is super cute. want to knit something for my toddler? ;-)

Yesterday was op until dinner-- we went out to celebrate my husband's return, and I ate a whole (1 serving, but still a lot) pizza. I hope it didn't have toooo many calories since it was Italian style and completely different than say a Pizza Hut pizza, but who knows. All the foods here in Switzerland are confusing to me. :S Another problem I have with eating out here, is that NO ONE ever asks for a take out container to take leftovers home with you. I think it's considered impolite or even rude. Which means I tend to eat my whole portion since I hate spending money on food I don't eat. Good think I don't eat out very often!!!!!

I've done quite a bit of walking recently, but no real exercise since my husband hasn't been able to babysit. Tonight I plan on going swimming and I'm sooo excited 'cause I've missed my pool time!
Oxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #66  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone,

Penguin - Your baby outfit is so cute! You are so talented.

April - You are doing GREAT with your workouts. You motivate me to keep mine going.

Oxia - Glad your hubby is back so you can go swimming. Have fun.

Workinmom - Great job on going for the Ironman! You can do it! I like your idea to making a plan for working out during the winter time. Every year I tend to quit working out from around Nov-Jan but this year I want stick with it. Since I won't be able to go walk after work, I need to stay committed to the DVDs. I'm thinking about getting the new Billy Blanks system to start next month. That way I'll have something new to look forward to.

I hope everyone has a great OP day. We are already on day 5 of the month.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 220/209.5/160

Penquin - Thanks for sharing the pics. Those little homemade items are treasures! Hopefully, you feel better soon.

Sparkle - Way to go sticking with it when busy. If we look for an excuse, we'll always find one! It looks like you're not letting yourself have any excuses and that will pay off!

April - There you go, rubbing in the doing Wii while watching TV. j/k of course. I was going to ove my Wii downstairs but maybe I'll have to rethink that. Hmmm... I look forward to getting going on Wii Fit again. Maybe I'll buy something new as well.

Oxia - Don't fret. The pizza was just one meal and you only had one serving. You had a perfect reason to celebrate and it sounds like you didn't go crazy overboard.

Gettin - Go for the Billy Blanks. Whatever you can do to make working out easier to stick with. I told my hubby that training for something seems to work for me so that's why I decided to do it. After talking with my biking buddies last eve, we're really thinking of doing a triathlon too. That will really be motivation to stay active AND to lose weight. I feel almost silly talking about doing a tri when I weigh 210!

I had the best day yesterday! I made good food choices, didn't use any extra points, got in my exercise and just feel super today!

Today~
B~1/2 c steel cut oats (toasted) w/1/2 c lite vanilla almond milk, grapes, decaf w/sf creamer
L~going to applebees and will look up their point friendly menu and decide what I'm having before I even step foot in the place!
D~subway again....was yummy last eve and didn't ruin my OP day!

Exercise: I'm squeezing in another bike ride. It's just too nice not to.
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 220/209.5/160

Oh...and I'm starting over on my challenge. It's going to be 30 days. I just don't feel right saying I made the 60 day challenge when I really blew the weekend.
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #69  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

Still struggling with my water weight...don't know whats up with it at all but its frustrating..

I still went to the gym though and did 60 mins of an aerobic class. I am considering taking a water pill. Has anyone here ever done this? Experienced any side effects?

Last edited by Slim CB; 10-05-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 155/151/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone,

Penguin, that outfit is adorable. I've been knitting a hat for my son for a couple of months now, need to step it up now that winter is coming.

Workinmom, glad to hear you had a great day yesterday, keep it up!

Oxia I spent a couple of weeks in Switzerland this summer. Amazing how expensive the food is!

April Snow Congrats on the Wii workout. I need to figure out how to use my kids Wii for exercise. I'm always good in the summer, when I can be outside, but I need to find more exercise stuff for the winter.

Slim CB, bummer about the water weight, I wish I could understand that with myself too...

Sparkle Keep it up staying on plan!

I had a great morning bike ride, we are having the most amazing weather. I'm feeling great!!!

-TJ
goTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #71  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Hi everyone!

So yesterday's Weight Watchers WI was better than I thought - I'm down a lb! At yesterday's meeting we discussed the tools we use to help us lose weight, and I'm happy to say that you all are one of my most valued "tools" - can't really beat the support system here!

Some of the people in my group have blogs that are really great and inspiring (blogging as a tool came up during the meeting) - check them out:
http://ceeescapes.blogspot.com/
http://packablefeast.blogspot.com/
http://www.sherylyvette.com/ --> she's also an official blogger for WeightWatchers, the link is on the right hand side of her blog's page.

I also got a great idea at the meeting, and inspiration for a photo blog - this woman mentioned that she takes pictures of her food with her cell phone before she eats it - like every single thing she eats, she snaps and then she shares the pics within her support system. She said it helps her with accountability and also helps her think about what she's eating before she's eating it. Such a great idea! So I've decided to start a photoblog of cell phone pics of my food - not sure if I'm going to make it public - but I think doing this will help with accountability, increasing respect for my food and also will force me to pause before I chow down.

So far I've been OP - hope everyone's doing the same.

BTW - Penguin those knitted baby clothes are adorable!
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #72  

Thanks for the kind replies about my knitting. I feel better today and am thinking about trying to exercise

Oxia, Hubby came home yesterday to say a work friend's wife is having a girl. So more baby outfits for me! Rude to take leftovers home?? How strange!

Sparkle, scarves can be a lot of fun and make great gifts.

goTJ, are you a member of Ravelry? if not, you need to be! just the free patterns alone make it worth signing up! http://www.ravelry.com/ Its like Facebook for yarn people! great way to get ideas and keep up with the stash, books, patterns, and stuff that goes with knitting/crochet. I'm patchworkpenguin at Ravelry also, please friend me!

Slim, not idea about the pills...

WorkinMom, brave of you to start your count over! I think the triathalon is great idea no matter what your weight!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 10-05-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #73  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey all...

first the sickness, now the fighting. october is usually my favorite month, but this year it's making me very sad.

the good news though... i'm staying on plan, and getting my water in instead of snacking away the stress as i'd do in the past.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #74  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nfyo0zed View Post
hey all...

first the sickness, now the fighting. october is usually my favorite month, but this year it's making me very sad.

the good news though... i'm staying on plan, and getting my water in instead of snacking away the stress as i'd do in the past.
Aw Mandy I'm sorry to hear you are going through so much. The fact you are staying on plan is great news! You know how they say, "Tough times never last, but tough people do." Stay strong.
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/110

workinmom-- great job on yesterday! I love it when i stick to plan and feel awesome because of it. make today another great day.

Slim CB-- I've never taken a water pill, but my gut reaction would be to let it work itself out naturally. maybe drink some extra water and hold off on weighing for a few days.

goTJ- exactly! that's why I don't go out to eat much here. Food's even super expensive at the grocery stores. Where were you in Switzerland this summer? I live in Zurich...

k0nfyo0zed-- so sorry to hear about your sickness. congratulations on staying op in spite of it!!! hopefully you'll be better soon.

Foodwise, today was op.

Exercisewise: Today I spent the early evening playing frisbee and badminton in the park with my husband. so much fun. I love how my lifestyle is slowly changing to where I am motivated and excited to spend time doing stuff like that instead of vegging on the couch. I was even motivated enough to go swim laps for 45 minutes later this evening. Now I'm a bit sore, but hey, there are a lot worse ways to feel!

Stay strong ladies!
Oxia is offline   Reply With Quote