Old 10-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/209.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Oh boy. I love this group but I do get overwhelmed with all that's going on. I, too, have had a rough start to October. I can't afford to let this continue so I'm getting right back at it. I'm going to continue my day counting for the 60 day challenge but can't add any days for Sat or Sun. They were bad. I was hosting family and spent the day nibbling. I was also tired from all the prep and I have such a hard time when I am tired.

So..here's my back on plan plan:
B~toasted steel cut oats w/almond milk, 2 decafs w/sf creamer
Sn~egg bake (in the break room...have to find out who made it and determine the damage I have done LOL)
L~CK breast and broccoli
Sn~grapes, banana
D~CK stir fry

Exercise: upper body lifting and stretching
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #47  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

Emme...10 hours? Wow!!! You need to show us some pics so we can admire your handiwork with you

GettinFit...Thanks! I used to do the Firm exercises too and absolutely loved them. I go to the gym now so I don't work out at home anymore..I found out that I really did not have the discipline for it. Which series are you doing? I think I had the Transformer box series.
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #48  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Workinmom - Hang in there. This weight loss journey is sooo hard but I know that once you get in your groove, you'll be okay. Try and get some rest today

Slim - I love the Firm. I have the older Series 1, 2, 3 with the Fannie Lifter, The TransFirmer, TransFirmation, Firm Express & lots of individual DVDs, with the weighted ball, the bands, the squishy balancing thingy and the weighted bar. I think that's about it.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 168/148/135

Height: 5'8"

This past weekend was perhaps the first weekend since my lifestyle change 6 weeks ago that I've indulged moderately. I work out almost every day and eat bt 12-1500 calories during the week, and so I think it's ok that I have one 1800-2000 calorie day on the weekend.

But, most weekends have been 2000 calorie days Saturday and Sunday, which is just too much. I went out to dinner Fri & Sat, and had delicious food that didn't ruin my weekly progress.
lissvarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #50  
~Kim~

Thanks you guys! I finished up my exercise for the day with some kickboxing and I biked 10 miles. I want to make this a really strong week with exercise.

I've had some great NSV's recently! First I reached the classic, the bath towel overlaps when I wrap it around me. hehe. Second, when I got pregnant I discovered those bra extender things and I've pretty much been wearing them ever since. Yesterday I put on my favorite bra without the extender and it fit wonderfully. And third, last year I bought a pair of boots with heels. When I'd wear them my feet would start hurting in no time. I wore them yesterday for probably 3 hours and my feet didn't hurt at all! =)

Anyone else have some NSV's lately?
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #51  

Gettin - Thanks for the encouragement. I got a good night sleep last night and really, should make that a regular thing. Anyway, I feel a lot better today than I have.

Toomany - Awesome NSV's and you kickboxed AND rode 10 miles! Way to go!

My clothes have been fitting better. That sure is an encouragement.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #52  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hello all!

yesterdays calories and water were where they were supposed to be... sodium was through the roof! soup is not sodium friendly. even the 'lower sodium' kinds. ugh. added to the chinese food i had saturday (because hubby wanted it and i can't say no to him... luckily he doesn't ask often)... i was adding sodium to sodium and my fingers are so swollen today! woo water weight.

chuggin it today like i'll never have it again. hopefully that'll help!

goin light on cals for the day, hubby wants steak/potatoes/corn for dinner. and i like to make him happy

have a good day everyone!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #53  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmn11 View Post
Wow Emme! I just looked at your before and after pics and I want to say you have done an amazing job! You look absolutely beautiful and I'm sure you feel so much better. You are an inspiration. You look like you weigh much less than 160's, even considering your height!
Thank you!! I do feel a ton better. Ooh, and it's good to hear that I look less than the 160s, lol!!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #54  

Height: 5'6"

So yesterday I did pretty good on my calories and water. It was a rest day so no exercise. But then I came down with a cold and have felt miserable today so no exercise again. But my calories and water are good for the day.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling normal again.
Have a great night
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #55  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

about 35 minutes on the Wii including 3200+ steps in 30 minutes.

I kept saying that once I finished my 30/30 days of exercise in Sept, I'd take a rest day but I don't want to stop! I did, I definitely could have talked myself into a rest day but once I got going, I felt really good and so glad I did!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #56  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone,

Ruth - Great job on your eating and getting your water in. I'm sorry you're not feeling well but I hope you feel better soon.

April - You are a lean fat burning machine now. Great job on all your working out and on your weight loss.

Mandy - I hope the water weight is gone today. If not, just keep on chugging the water and it will be gone.

Congrats to everyone else for staying OP and on track. We are going to have a great month if we keep it up
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #57  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone. Glad to read about everyone's progress and successes. Congrats to Kim on your NSV's and C25K progress!

Ive been weighing in daily and the scale is creeping down a bit since Saturday's emo-eating. I've also been working out - just doing random things around the house with weights. Today's WI day at WeightWatchers and I'm not 100% sure that the scale will reflect all of my work this past week, but I HAVE lost an inch around my waist since last week! Woohoo! I am going to keep it up.

I have also decided to ratchet my workouts to 40 mins a day and will FINALLY get started on my C25K aspirations this month. I've made it a goal to run a 5K with a friend in 2012 and I'm serious about making that happen!

So this morning was a very high PPV morning, but on purpose. I've been thinking about bacon eggs & cheese on a bagel since yesterday and I planned to go for it this morning - and I'm glad I did! I'm going to stick to my baby carrots and get a salad or something all veggie later on for lunch.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #58  

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon ladies!

So the scale moved down this mornin to 167.2, down a .8.
Thanks Gettinfit.I still have the cold but feel a lot better than I did yesterday. I think I will be able to get my exercise in today.
My breakfast this mornig was half a thin bagel with a slice of ham and raw baby spinach and tomatoes with sauteed mushrooms. Not sure what lunch will be, maybe a salad with shrimp. For supper, I'm planning on homemade chicken soup for my cold.
I'll try to check back in tonight.
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 155/151/125

Height: 5'2"

My husband was out of town for work last night, and my kids and I have a tradition of pizza and a DVD movie when dad is away. Yesterday was the first time we've done that since I've been trying to lose weight. I added a big salad to the pizza this time, and amazingly I was able to keep my daily calories to under 1500. I also had a great bike ride yesterday.

However, in spite of many 1500 calorie days and good exercise, I'm not seeing much change on the scale.... hopefully my weight is playing catch-up to my calories...

-TJ
goTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #60  

Hey all. Today, I'm feeling much more in control again. I tossed around the idea of starting over since I feel I failed over the weekend on my 60 day challenge. This time I would do a 30. What do you think?

I'm squeaking in another bike ride this eve and I'm soooo looking forward to it. They will be coming to an end soon with the cool weather breathing down our necks. I didn't do my whole upper body work out yesterday either so I'm finishing it today on my breaks.

Ruth - Your breakfast sammich sounds delish! Thanks for posting that idea up!

Mandy - Throw some lemon in your H2O. I should watch sodium more too.

Emme - Those pics are a real motivator for me and I'm thankful that you are real about your struggles since making goal. I have learned a lot from you in my short time here.

April - Woooey! Good for you not wanting your rest day. I used to be that way too but now I've only exercised two days in just over a week. Gotta get back to it!!!

Gettin - You're right. It's going to be a great month. I'll race ya to Onederland! LOL

Tricia - Great job with your food planning. It's gotta be for life and we can't never have a piece of bacon again! Let us know how the rest of your day goes. Congrats on your decision to do the 5K next year.

TJ - Good for you too. I've used that tactic as well. I'll have a large water and eat my salad before diving into...OK dipping into the higher calorie part of our meal. It works like a charm. I can eat what my family is and not feel as deprived.

I did pretty much decide to do the ironman. I plan to talk to my bicycle buddies about it this eve. I just have to borrow a trainer to set my bike up at home. I think I'm going to dig out the Wii too for another exercise avenue. It almost feels like I have company when doing the Wii. Plus, my 7 yr old enjoys doing it with me.

Today:B~greek yogurt, blueberries, toasted steel cut oats, 2 decafs w/creamer
L~CK stir fry leftovers, Caribou northern lite latte
Sn~boiled egg, cantelope, popcorn, diet coke (if needed)
D~subway

Exercise: as mentioned above - upper body and bike ride

Have a great day all you Beauties!

Last edited by workinmom; 10-04-2011 at 02:19 PM.