Old 10-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/110

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies... like k0nfyo0zed, my month isn't starting off very well. My husband is away this weekend, so I couldn't go swimming or jogging (he's my babysitter lol) this weekend. Plus I spent some time at my mother-in-law's house, and I really struggle with self control when it comes to food while I'm over there. bah. My husband gets home tonight around 6pm, so I plan on going jogging tonight.

yesterday I almost didn't do my home exercise routine because I was tired and really stressed because I was almost in a car wreck (my mother in law is a horrible driver!!!!!!) but I made myself do at least a small version of it.

here's to less stress this week for all of us, and motivation to stay on plan!

Last edited by Oxia; 10-02-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Oxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #32  
~Kim~

Weighin this morning. I'm down 4lbs to 215.4. Some of that 4lbs would have shown up on the scale last Sunday if it hadn't been for TOM. So for the month of September I lost roughly 11lbs. I'll take it. =)

If I can make it to 205 by the 28th then I'll be really happy. My husband hasn't seen me that small since I was probably still a teenager!

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 10-02-2011 at 08:03 AM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #33  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Heyy everyone! to all the new members!! I'm excited about your contributions to the group.

So yesterday at work was amazingly rough, frustrating and after an incident, a bit scary - and how did I seek to deal with my emotions? With food! Thankfully, my fiance observed my emotional eating behavior and called me out on it. I'm glad for that!! It was really rough to NOT use food in that way but I turned to my other methods to deal. It's funny, because he was sitting right there, and instead of just talking out my situation with him I sought to put some [rather yummy] coconut tapioca pudding in my mouth. My loved ones are also good for getting through the rough times...and they're calorie-free!

For the newbies - Last month I came to terms with my use of food as a crutch when dealing with intense emotional situations and I'm still working on letting go of my use of food in this way. The ladies in this group have been SO supportive throughout this process!

So yesterday was not exactly OP but today is a new day. I hope everyone is having an OP weekend!!!
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #34  

Hi y'all. I just found this "challenge" section of the board yesterday. I'd like to join in.

This month I want to:
1. lose 3 pounds (from 130 to 127)
2. cardio exercise at least 600 minutes
3. drink enough water

Do we come back to our intentions post and update it to report in, or do we post a new reply?

Annie in Texas
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/110

Height: 5'5"

Tricia Fierce-- I use food as a crutch for emotional or stressful situations as well. You're lucky your partner is brave enough and kind enough to call you out on things like that. I think I'd bite my husband's head off if he said something to me when I was emotionally eating... :P

Too Many Dimples-- congrats on 11lbs in sept! woo hoo for you!
Oxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #36  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Oxia - oh I hear you! My initial reaction to him was like but then I saw his point. I am so thankful for him though!
Annie - We typically just post a new reply in this thread to keep everyone updated on progress. Great goals!!
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #37  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

down 2.2 for the week, and staying on plan. I already did 30 minutes on the Wii today, but that was more just playing around with my kid. I'm about to do a 2 mile WATP which will count as my real exercise for the day!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 196(HW220) /149.5/130

Thanks for the welcome ladies!
My weekend’s been OP so far. I’ve stayed within my calorie range and gotten in my walks each day, so I’m glad about that. My grandpa dropped by yesterday to take me out for an (unplanned) lunch. He initially suggested going out to a burger place, but I luckily managed to convince him to go to Subway instead. Luckily I could that into my plan . Hope everyone’s having a great weekend!
SparkleBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #39  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Happy Sunday everyone,

to the new members I'm looking forward to reading about your success during the month.

Annie - You can post a new post if you'd like. As the month goes by, this thread will have lots of pages.

April - Congrats on your loss this week. You are doing awesome.

Kim - WOW 4 pounds this week!! Girl you are rockin it and your hubby is going to be so proud of you. I can't let you and April leave me in the 2s. I want to enter Onederland with you ladies. I am looking forward to having a great October.

Penguin - I hope you're feeling better today!

Tricia - I'm glad you were able to work through your problems yesterday and gain control. I hope today is going much better for you.

I've had an OP day so far. My only issue is that I've not been hungry. I had a heavier breakfast this morning so I didn't want lunch and I didn't force it. I had a few nuts and an orange. I plan on doing a Firm workout or go for a walk later. The scale is still holding at 211 Hopefully I'll see 209 this week.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

My journal today

B: 1 C grits, 1 sl cheese, 2 serv, Gwatney RF Center Cut bacon
L: Orange 1/2 C Cashews
S: Small Cappuccino
D: RF ham on Sandwich round, 1 sl cheese, mustard, 1 WW Choc, greek yogurt
Exercise: Turbo Jam

Last edited by GettinFit; 10-02-2011 at 08:46 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #40  
~Kim~

EMME! EMME!! EMME!!! Ok, did I get your attention???? I am so excited and my first thought was to share it with you! And everyone else of course!!

I took your advice and got some new shoes this weekend. I got Asics which I've never had before, but they felt great in the store so I went with them.

So this morning I go out to do my C25K. I start out by jogging 5 minutes without stopping! I thought that was pretty awesome because my best before that was 2:30. So then I did 3 minutes without stopping. I was feeling really good about that and figured I'd try to finish up the jogging part with another 2 minutes without stopping. Well I hit the 2 minutes and I'm feeling ok so I figured I'd go as long as I could. I must have really found my groove because I didn't stop jogging until I hit my front door! I checked my stop watch and it was 6 minutes and 20 seconds!! I AM SO EXCITED!!

I probably sound like a big dork to everyone getting so excited over being able to jog for a completely reasonable amount of time, but I just started doing this a few weeks ago after pretty much going like 10 years without so much as getting my heart rate up by moving my feet faster. I feel so great right now and I'm so excited. If I can keep this up and really increase my endurance then my husband is going to be in shock when I ask him if he wants to go for a run and then he might have a coronary when he sees how long I can go.

Ok, I'm done now.. hehe

I hope you all have the most wonderful day ever!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #41  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

I weighed in at 164 this morning! Back to my redline....yay!! Also got in 60 mins of exercise this morning too....
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #42  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyDimples View Post
EMME! EMME!! EMME!!! Ok, did I get your attention???? I am so excited and my first thought was to share it with you! And everyone else of course!!
Kim ~ LOL, Yes!! You got my attention!! First of all, CONGRATS on knocking off four major pounds, girl! That is awesome!! And second, how AWESOME that you were able to run so much without stopping (and with new shoes to boot!). You are doing so great with the running! I love my Asics, so I'm glad they were comfy for you, too. You will be able to run 5K in no time. Trust me. I started out like you and I am now running 5K three days a week and I started jogging/running at the beginning of August. Just pay attention to your body. If it feels really sore one day, then use that day as a rest day. I am so happy for you!!

I hope everyone has a great Monday. We worked in the yard all weekend finishing up the rest of our major landscaping, so it feels good to finally wipe our hands and be done with it! We probably worked 10 solid hours outside over the course of the two days, so I know I got some good workouts in (plus I ran yesterday morning). I didn't drink as much water as I would have liked to, but I always drink a lot during the week so I am back at it.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #43  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Kim - Great job on your jogging. I'm excited for you! Thanks for the tip on the Asics too. I am in need of some new shoes so I will definitely check 'em out.

Slim - Congrats on being at your redline weight and great job on your 60 minute workout this morning.

I hope everyone else is having a great start to the week.

I'm ready for a good week and hoping I can make 209 this week. This morning I weighed 210.6. This is the lowest I've been in a while.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #44  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default Today's Journal

Monday 10/3

B: Greek yogurt, orange, coffee w/flavored creamer
L: Home made ckn sal on sandwich round, 1 C progresso soup, 1 pk WW cookies
D: Salad, shrimp, LF dressing, WW 2pt bar
S: 100 Cal almonds, pear, WW Salsa multi-grain crisps
Exercise: Firm
Old 10-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Wow Emme! I just looked at your before and after pics and I want to say you have done an amazing job! You look absolutely beautiful and I'm sure you feel so much better. You are an inspiration. You look like you weigh much less than 160's, even considering your height!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote