Old 09-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #76  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Woohoo, ange!! Way to go! You're the first to meet goal this month - congratulations!!

ItsMyTurn: I hear you on the mini-goals, lol! It's taken me a little over 2 months between each of mine, which sometimes feels like a long time. Then again, hitting those bigger mini-goals sure feels like an accomplishment - and getting into onederland is HUGE.

Updated September Weight Loss Goal List

minoja: Lose 10 lbs
disassociatedamber: Lose 8 lbs
Aishah: Lose 13 lbs
cRaZyKristen: Lose 5 lbs
Oxia: Lose 8 lbs
ange82much: Lose 5 lbs
LittleBlueCat: Lose 10 lbs
shea5: Lose 10 lbs
teddine: Lose 10 lbs
caramelkitty: Lose 10 lbs
2sw33t: Lose 10 lbs
Summer2010: Lose 5 lbs
UrbanChick5: Lose 10 lbs
Pickle27: Lose 10 lbs
Snowwhite85: Lose 10 lbs
MeganTheMushroom: Lose 4 lbs
LaurenMarie720: Lose 10 lbs
ChickieChicks: Lose 4 lbs
abejune23: Lose 5 lbs
ItsMyTurn: Lose 6 lbs
chickadee32: Get to 180 lbs
designfreak: Lose 10 lbs
HeatherEljohari: Lose 7 lbs
shalyn: Lose 5 lbs
Caramel33: Lose 8 lbs
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #77  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee32 View Post
"Lie down on your back with your hands under your butt and your head up [lifted slightly off the floor]. Keeping your legs straight, lift your feet into the air, about six inches above the ground. Open your legs as wide as possible, then close them."
These 'Hello Darlings' were quite hard actually! Although my core strength is rubbish at the moment, and i've just realised that i put my legs down again in between each one (although kept my head up) so not sure whether that makes it harder or easier! You're right - great name!!!

I'm down another lb this morning, but don't think it's 'real'. Will wait to see it a couple more times before i claim it on my ticker! Happy though
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #78  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post
These 'Hello Darlings' were quite hard actually! Although my core strength is rubbish at the moment, and i've just realised that i put my legs down again in between each one (although kept my head up) so not sure whether that makes it harder or easier! You're right - great name!!!

I'm down another lb this morning, but don't think it's 'real'. Will wait to see it a couple more times before i claim it on my ticker! Happy though
Sorry for posting a toughie! I tried them out myself before using them as the tag exercise, but I only did one set of 10. I'm going to get my butt down on the floor and do the 3x10 now myself now to be fair. [Just did them, and tried them out both ways - it's DEFINITELY tougher if you put your legs down between each one! Seems like a good variation for making them harder when they get too easy. ]

Congratulations on another lb! I don't know why, but I always do think of any new low weight I've seen as "real" - I figure the scale can't show it if I don't actually weigh that little. I tend to take the random jumps up due to water weight, etc. as the weights that aren't real. So I think you should totally give yourself a pat on the back for that lb.

Last edited by chickadee32; 09-18-2011 at 06:14 PM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #79  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Woohoo, ange!! Way to go! You're the first to meet goal this month - congratulations!!

ItsMyTurn: I hear you on the mini-goals, lol! It's taken me a little over 2 months between each of mine, which sometimes feels like a long time. Then again, hitting those bigger mini-goals sure feels like an accomplishment - and getting into onederland is HUGE.

Updated September Weight Loss Goal List

minoja: Lose 10 lbs
disassociatedamber: Lose 8 lbs
Aishah: Lose 13 lbs
cRaZyKristen: Lose 5 lbs
Oxia: Lose 8 lbs
ange82much: Lose 5 lbs
LittleBlueCat: Lose 10 lbs
shea5: Lose 10 lbs
teddine: Lose 10 lbs
caramelkitty: Lose 10 lbs
2sw33t: Lose 10 lbs
Summer2010: Lose 5 lbs
UrbanChick5: Lose 10 lbs
Pickle27: Lose 10 lbs
Snowwhite85: Lose 10 lbs
MeganTheMushroom: Lose 4 lbs
LaurenMarie720: Lose 10 lbs
ChickieChicks: Lose 4 lbs
abejune23: Lose 5 lbs
ItsMyTurn: Lose 6 lbs
chickadee32: Get to 180 lbs
designfreak: Lose 10 lbs
HeatherEljohari: Lose 7 lbs
shalyn: Lose 5 lbs
Caramel33: Lose 8 lbs
You are so right there. It does take a long time to get there, but they almost make me jig a bit more in happiness to reach them. I keep saying I am going to set smaller goals, but then I think... would I be as excited when I reach them? Amazing how we get in our own heads and mess around, LOL
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #80  
~Star~

AFM - was able to hit elliptical for the first time in a week now that my system is happy with me again Yay for getting over the food poisoning! When it was time to do my stretches, it hurt as if I had never done them before :O It was so time to remind my body how to do this stuff! LOL!
Old 09-19-2011, 02:00 AM   #81  
learning maintenance

Quote:
I don't know why, but I always do think of any new low weight I've seen as "real" - I figure the scale can't show it if I don't actually weigh that little. I tend to take the random jumps up due to water weight, etc. as the weights that aren't real.
Well that's quite funny really because we're thinking the same as each other but getting the opposite conclusion!!

I think my low weight probably isn't representative because i could be a bit dehydrated, whereas you think a high weight isn't representative because of excessive water weight!

I tend to like to see the same number 3 times before i call it official, but that's just me! (Mainly because i don't like to see a low number, then get excited about it, and then get grumpy again when it fluctuates). As itsmyturn says, it's all about what's in the head!

Well done for doing your own 'Hello Darlings' chickadee by the way, that's very honourable of you!

itsmyturn - glad you're feeling better and are getting straight back in to it. Do you think you've lost weight that's just due to the food poisoning - i.e. you'll end up putting a bit back on as you recover?
Old 09-19-2011, 02:49 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/110

Height: 5'5"

I've had a busy weekend at the in-laws, but I'll try to do the 'Hello Darlings' today-- though I'm a bit nervous about them after reading the last few posts...

Anyway, I'm super excited because I'm down 6lbs total this month!!! When I set my goal, I wasn't sure if it was realistic, but now I'm confident I can loose another 2lbs before the month is over.
Oxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #83  
~Star~

ange - naw, actually during the food poisoning I had a bloat from retention of water so bad that if anything, it put temporary weight on me. That was a mess. Once it started to clear up, I ended up having easier... ummm.. bathroom times (so hard to word that nice, lol).... and the bloat finally went down. It was just totally miserable to go through cause we didn't know I was slowly getting poisoned... but it explained a lot. Now on the mend, had to rest from fitness, but have stayed totally where I should with nutrition, so back on the wagon full way now
Old 09-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 226/213/174

Height: 5'7

Sorry I've not been on here for a few days I've been offline for a few days. It seemed everything stopped in those few days too as my weight loss completely stalled. But I was down 0.5lbs this morning (5lbs in total this month). That means I've got 5lbs to lose in 11days to reach my goal. I notice I've been tagged a couple of pages back so I'll do those tonight and then tag someone else. Has anyone not been tagged yet?

Well done to everyone else on their weight loss this month
Pickle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #85  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

Butt squeezes, done! (I like these, since I can do them right at my desk! I should add them to my daily routine, a few times a day.)

Open Challenge TAG - how long can you spin around in a circle before you start to get dizzy and lose your balance? (Not exactly exercise, but fun to do every once in a while and gets you off your butt for a minute )
2sw33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #86  
Ready for final round!

S/C/G: 217/189/168

Height: 5'3

Congrats on meeting goal!!! Thats excelllent!!! If only the scale is kind to me tomorrow. sighhhhh.
HeatherEljohari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #87  
~Star~

Oxia - Look at you go !!!!! I am so happy for you!

Pickle - 5 Lbs for the month is still awesome, don't get down on yourself, just plug forward!

2sw33t - You are so funny!!!! The butt squeezes are done regularly by me at my desk Those and leg extensions. The only 2 things I have found I am able to do that others don't "see"... that would make me the talk of the office, LOL. I will have to try spinning when I get home...LOL! Hubster is going to think I lost my mind! LOL!

Heather - Good luck on your WI tomorrow!!!!! Low numbers, no whammies! LOL! *sorry, dating myself a bit, but fun* I do hope you see a drop

AFM - After my awesome weekend I am still pumped that I hit onederland I put on an older pair of pants (ones that at the start of this journey I couldn't fit into... and now... I am cinching them up with a belt) and hoping that soon we have a few extra dollars to buy new pants, LOL! Until then...belts are my friends and try to disguise the "bigness" of them for the office A problem that I am happy to have
Old 09-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 223/181/160

Height: 5'7

Well im Half way to 10 pound down. 5 lost 5 to go!

Keep pushing ladies!!!!

Maybe ill get over 10 (fingers crossed)
LaurenMarie720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #89  
~Star~

Lauren - You are doing wonderfully! Wouldn't that be great???
Old 09-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #90  
learning maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post
seen 3x now, so i'm having it!!! That's 6lb in 3 weeks but I reckon the next 6lb will take about 3 months to lose! Will probably aim for just 2lb in October seeing as it includes a 4-day holiday as well.