Old 09-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #91  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Workinmom - Have you tried any of the new Weight Watchers treats? OMG the toasted coconut dream bars are soooo good. They remind me of the Girl Scout Somoa cookies. I also like the Chocolate pretzel blast bars, the ginger snap cookies, the Pop chips & the Cheddar twists. They have really improved on their snacks.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 220/209.5/160

Height: 5'5"

I haven't tried them mostly because I don't go to meetings. Can you get them elsewhere? They sound yummy!

Well after the spinning discussion here I researched a bit and bought a book for winter bicycle training. I want to read it before committing to more purchases. But, after reading, I will likely want to buy not only the trainer but a heart rate monitor as well. Maybe I can get by with a cheap monitor or ask for it for Christmas or something. This bicycling stuff is getting so exciting! I understand now how some of you look forward to a new work out video!

Also, I found a recipe for making my own protein bars. I think that will be a good solution to breakfast on the run. Protein bars are so expensive and many of them are just icky. I think the extra protein helps me get by till lunch. We eat protein bars on rides too so I really hope these are good!

Here it is in case anyone else wants to try it:
Homemade Protein Bars
The Recipe

1 1/2 cups rolled oats

1 teaspoon cinnamon

2 scoops protein powder

1 egg whites or 1 egg

2 tablespoon orange juice and water

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup raisins, dried fruit (cranberries) or dieters trail mix (almonds,flax seed or sunflower seeds)

2 tablespoon wheat germ and fiber

Sugar free syrup (this gets the mix to a sticky consistency about 2-3 tablespoons)

Start by preheating the oven to 325 degrees. Line baking dish with non-stick butter flavored Pam spray. In a large metal bowl, mix all the ingredients until the oats are well coated (sticky). Spread the mix onto the pan and press down to make it flat so you can separate them into 10 protein bars later. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. While still warm, cut them apart and allow to cool before wrapping.

The bars can be stored airtight at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Use these as a afternoon snack, they are a good protein/carb/fat balanced meal!
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #93  
Stay Focused & Committed

Workin - You can just stop in at a center and buy their products. You don't have to be a member. I'm glad you found a winter bike activity since you like it so much.

I bought 3 new TurboJam DVDs over the weekend and I can't wait to get them and do them.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #94  
~Kim~

Evening everyone!

So first of all.. GettinFit ~ Whooooo hooo!! That is so awesome. And you're only on day 10 of your challenge! You stick with it and you're going to be super happy by day 60. I'm so happy for you. =)

Emme ~ I'm sure you'll do fine this weekend. You're doing great and I know you can handle one night out.

I hope everyone's having a great day.

I'm so sick of the rain! It's been almost none stop today and we've been getting it for the last 3. I checked the weather report and according to it it's going to rain all the way through the weekend. I really hope not, it's starting to drag me down!

Almost done with day 11 of being on plan. Feels good. =)
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #95  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Not much change with my Dad. The Dr is pleased, but Dad just doesn't feel well, and sleeps a lot; he's still in ICU

I had Bible study in the morning, did a little cleanup around the house, and knitted. Lovely weather outside. We still have the windows open with a few fans blowing. Welcome change!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #96  

Mornin'. I dipped into my extras again yesterday but have not used them all up.

Gettin - I did go through my exercise vids too. I plan to fill in with them here and there. I have a couple that I have never tried so my goal is to see if I like them within the next couple of weeks.

Today:
B~coffee w/creamer 2, cheerios w/skim 6
L~WW meal 8, yogurt 2
Sn~diet dr pepper, cantelope
D~california pie, cucumbers

Exercise: pilates or yoga
Old 09-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #97  
Stay Focused & Committed

Happy Friday Everyone

Kim - I wish you could send some of the rain down here. Great job on staying OP too!

This am the scale is holding. I'm just so excited that it hasn't bounced back up to 215. I hope to never see that number again.

I hope everyone else has a great OP weekend.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #98  
Stay Focused & Committed

Morning Workin. I didn't see your post. That's what those extras a for; enjoy them!

My Journal

B: Cappuccino, strawberries & blueberries
L: Taco salad w/ff sour cream & tortilla chips
S: 2 WW snack bars,, 100 Cal almonds
D: strawberries, popcorn
Exercise: Walked 3 miles & yard work

Last edited by GettinFit; 09-09-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #99  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Kim ~ That's a bummer that it is supposed to rain through the weekend! I hope it clears up for you so you can get outside instead of being cooped up inside...blech.

penguin ~ It's good to hear that you are keeping busy. I hope your dad starts feeling better. He underwent major surgery, so maybe it will just take a few more days.

workinmom ~ Sounds like you are still doing good!

GettinFit ~ I'm so glad the scale is staying true!

Nothing really new here. I almost didn't go for my run last night because I was so freaking tired, it was cloudy, and a bit drizzly, but I forced myself...and it felt great. Sometimes the hardest part of working out is just talking yourself up to actually doing it!

B: Same ol' (306)
L: Lean Cuisine w/green beans (420)
S: Chobani raspberry yogurt w/kashi (157), mini kit kat (70)
D:
Total so far...953
Exercise: Rest day. Knees are hurting.

Last edited by Emme; 09-09-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #100  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies!
Well.... I don't have the best news to report. Yesterday was terrible as far as food is concerned. It seems that I am on this wave of maintenance right now in that I eat a lot one day - just total train wreck - and then "make up for it" for a few days of being OP and basically end up staying the same! I am not sure why this is happening other than to say that I have "relaxed" a bit since I guess I look and feel "ok" at this weight and size. But I also realize this isn't where I ultimately want to stop. Maybe practicing maintenance is ok for now. Not sure how I feel about that though. Having said all that, I know I need to start over today and mark today as Day 1. I haven't been "binging" per se, but certainly eating too much.. I must have ended yesterday at 3500 cals. YIKES. I was a little frustrated early in the day emotionally so maybe that has something to do with it... I am not quitting!!! I fully intend to begin (again) today and be happy for small wins... mostly for maintaining, even if I am not doing it in the most ideal way. I am supposed to have a couple drinks with friends tonight but I am planning to have 2 glasses of wine and that's it.

Penguin Glad to hear about Dad.. I am sure he must be very tired. I imagine he will be for awhile.

Emme Great job on pushing yourself to go. Sounds like you are making great progress.

Everyone seems to be doing well! That is inspiring! I will be trying the cinnamon as suggested, ladies, and see how that goes.. I am also going to think about intermittent fasting because I think eating at too many intervals throughout the day is sort of whacking me out a bit too and making me hungrier. We'll see! I am going to experiment and see what really works for me.

Day 1
Breakfast: coffee w/2 creamer (70 cals) Ate a lot last night, so not too hungry this am.
Lunch: LC pizza (340 cals) plum (60 cals)
Dinner: Not sure yet.. Thinking Subway
Drinks: 2 glasses of wine (200 cals)
Exercise: None, going out with friends
Will update total cals, banked cals

Last edited by christine123; 09-09-2011 at 11:41 AM.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #101  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

christine ~ I go through/went through spells like that, too. I eat a lot one day, then stay OP for a few days, then eat a lot again, lather, rinse, repeat. I think it's healthy. You are listening to your body and it's saying "I need a break and to not be so rigid." I did what you are doing for a whole year and I was just fine with it...then, when I was ready to lose more weight I was renewed and refreshed and ready to go!

Last edited by Emme; 09-09-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #102  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

Emme - thank you for that! I am thinking that's what's happening here too. It's super comforting to hear you did that for a year and then became refreshed to push on. It seems this will be a maintenance break for me as well. Not sure how long it will last, but I'll see how it goes and how I do.

Gettinfit - You have beat the scale! It's all downward from here, in a good way of course

Kim I hope the rain lets up. I live on the West Coast and we are only now getting that intense heat everyone else experienced awhile ago. I guess that puts us behind on the rain too!
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #103  

Well, I hope you all have fun weekend plans and are able to make healthy choices these next couple of days. We are camping with my friends who like to eat. One good thing though, we are in separate campsites so I think we'll eat with our own families. Whatever happens, I'm NOT blowing this challenge. Let's get through this weekend OP! I hope to hop on my bike a couple of times and will be able to earn a few points for some leeway too. I'll try to post over the weekend.

Oh...I might as well post my plan here for more accountability.

Saturday
B~steel but oats roasted in a tad of butter and then cooked, w/almond milk and blueberries
L~CK tortilla soup
Sn~popcorn, sf coffee, fruit and a couple ounces of cheese
D~(here's the camping part) foil dinner (everyone else is having pizza pies)
Sn~veggies and hummus, diet pop, cherry pie (have to calc pts and make sure I have enough)
BIKE RIDE - 16 miles

SundayB~more oat stuff (bringing to camp) others are having pancakes
L~BBQ deal at church
Sn~fruit, veggies
D~meatloaf, garlic mashed spuds, corn, salad
BIKE RIDE - at least 20

Gettin - I know the extras are for dipping into but I'm a little nervous from only having a handful left. But, I guess I only have a few days left too. Stay strong over the weekend so you don't give that scale any excuses to bounce up! I know you'll stick to your plan. You've been on such a roll!

Emme - Good for you going for that run when you didn't feel like it! I love how I feel after exercising or even the last part of exercise when I know I'm almost done. LOL

Christine - Hang in there. I like your idea of experimenting until you see what works. It's not the same for everyone. Especially since much of the game is in our heads!

Last edited by workinmom; 09-09-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #104  
~Kim~

Evening ladies. Oh my goodness am I bored. I think all the rain keeping me in is starting to get to me. We're going out for a while tomorrow to do some shopping so that will be nice even if it will be raining!

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #105  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I am still here and still working my plan. 9/9 work out days so far this month! I have to remember to get into the habit of including this thread in the ones I check regularly!

I've been reading back to the beginning of this thread, so I'll add my goals

1. continue OP with food (have been OP since I started the Dukan Diet on 5/22).

2. Trying to lose 10 lbs in Sept. I think this may be possible due to number 3 below.

3. 20 minutes minimum activity daily. Trying to get 30/30 days this month! Regular activity is a brand new addition to my routine - I was walking some but not regularly or intensely enough.

4. check in daily - clearly the part I need to work on right now! I have been checking in daily on 3FC though
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote