Old 09-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #76  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

Good Morning Ladies!
I love how active this thread is already!! I was thinking about you all as I was huffin' and puffin' my way up this steep hill by my apartment. I live at the start of a huge hill and so a friend (who lives about a mile down the road) and I tend to do these walks together a few times a week through the hills. We went for about 60 min yesterday. It was like 85 degrees at 9pm! Yikes! I was sweatin' like crazy but it was so worth it. I feel pretty good today and I think it will kickstart my exercise routine again.

Did alright with food... ended at like 1150. That's a little over what I wanted because of Monday night's happy food fest. But all-in-all, I had a good day. I also tried on a pair of size 6 khakis I've had forever. Well, they are higher waisted and therefore a little snugger than my jeans. I was fully expecting to maybe barely close them. Well, I closed them and have some room! I am actually wearing them today! I would like to get into the next size down at the end of this challenge. So that is another goal I am adding :-) That would be a nice birthday present to myself!

Gettinfit High five! We all knew you'd see that number! The scale was bound to give with how hard you've been working. Great job!!

Tricia I think that the cleaning and cooking definitely counts as some exercise. Don't get too caught up in the idea that it has to be totally formal all the time. I think any time you can make yourself move, you're in business.

April Great idea... Exercise while watching TV! Welcome aboard! How is that show?? I am intrigued but haven't caught it yet.

Singer Yes, I did WW for years and the weekly points are like the "extra" calories I try to bank to use whenever. I used to like to use all of them for one big meal or several bigger meals in one day. But it hasn't really worked out that way this time around. However, the point of them is to allow you to be more flexible!

Dimples Yes! The motivation and support helps, as well as accountability. And also because so many of us struggle with the same things when it comes to weight loss, we can vent too. Makes me feel better to not do it alone!

Workinmom Staying OP with eating is a great place to be! That certainly counts in a big way. Keep up the good work. I also took a huge exercise break. I am back at it again. You'll get back on that horse as well.

Emme Yes, I second that! We have been getting out at 1pm on Fridays all summer and this is the first week we return to full days all week. I don't know how that's going to work for me, lol.

Penguin Sending big hugs your way to you and your father... We are all keeping you folks in our thoughts and prayers.

Without further ado, here's the plan for the day

Day 7
Breakfast: 2 reduced fat breakfast sandwiches (460 cals), coffee w/1 creamer (35 cals) I am trying something new by having a heartier breakfast to see if I can stave off afternoon hunger, and snack less. We'll see how it goes.
Lunch: LC Carbonara (270 cals)
Snack: fruit (100 cals)
Dinner: Salad w/fat free Italian (150 cals)
Total: Ended the day at 1350 (added several more fruits because I was hungry! This is fine, but weight loss will be slower at this point... at least no binging!)
Total banked for the week: 0

Last edited by christine123; 09-07-2011 at 11:05 PM.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #77  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

They got Dad in surgery around 6pm but he didn't get to ICU until 10pm. Really long day for Mom, she'd been up since 4am. They couldn't go in through the back ribs so they ended up splitting his chest anyway, not sure why, but Dr says he's doing great. He's going to a regular room tomorrow morning, he's still groggy and not feeling well, and we can only see him during certain times.

Be back for personals later.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #78  

Penguin - sounds like dad is doing really well. That's great news! I bet everyone is exhausted... Hope you can get some rest soon.

Last edited by christine123; 09-07-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #79  
~Kim~

Singer ~ I hope your weighin went well!

Gettinfit ~ Congratulations! I know that's been a huge deal for you the last few months and I know it has to feel good. And just think, when you keep doing what you're doing it's just going to keep dropping. =)

Tricia ~ When I do a major clean I most definitely think of it and count it as exercise. I'm sure you burned more calories than you would have doing 10 minutes of exercise. =)

Emme ~ I can't believe it's only Wednesday either! It seriously feels like the weekend should be here already.

Christine ~ Yay for fitting into pants you didn't think would fit! I love when that happens. =) Sounds like things are going better for sure.

Penguin ~ Glad to hear the surgery went well. My dad had a brain tumor removed last year so I know how stressful the waiting can be.

As for me today was good. Not much to report, just still truckin' along. =)

I hope you all had a fabulous day. I can't wait for the weekend to get here!

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 09-07-2011 at 08:01 PM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:35 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 159/140/130

Height: 5'6.5

Hi ladies,

Sorry it's been a couple days since I posted, my Internet has been on the fritz...but my weigh in this week was 149.4! I had to step on the scale twice just to be sure it was right I'm hoping to be in the 147-range on Saturday for the wedding I'm going to. But I'm sooo happy to be out of the 150's! Hopefully for good

Penguin, I hope your dad's recovery is going well!

Sounds like all of you have been doing great this week, keep up the good work! I love hearing all of your inspiring stories
SoFlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #81  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone ~ Happy Thursday!

Saturday I am going out for dinner and drinks with friends and there isn't a nutritional value sheet for the restaurant we are going to, so I am just going to wing it and get what I think looks healthy. And I will have a beer or two, but I'm not going to go crazy. So, I may be throwing my 60-day OP challenge off a day. I probably won't count that day as an OP day because it honestly won't be.

B: Same ol', same ol'
L: Lean Cuisine & snap peas (370)
S: Fage 2% strawberry greek yogurt (my new fave...the 2% is so much different than 0 fat!!) (140), mini kit kat (70), gum (5), popcorn (100), snack bar w/almonds (160)
D: Turkey tacos (650)
Total so far...1801
Exercise: 45 minute yoga class, 2.75 mile run

Last edited by Emme; 09-08-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 220/209.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! I'm feeling so great today. Already, I feel that 60 day challenge is doing me some good! I feel less bloated and, well, skinny. I'm sure I don't look much skinnier yet but it's still nice to feel thinner! LOL I did my two workouts yesterday to make up for the day before. It's not so much that I don't feel I can miss a day of exercise as it is that I want to quit breaking promises to myself!!! So, it felt good to do them both. My bike riding buddy couldn't come so I had to ride with "the boys" and they pushed me hard. I was out of breath for a lot of the hour ride!

Tricia - I have been thinking of doing some core exercises on breaks at work too. We're sort of thinking along the same lines. Maybe we can check up on each other.

Emme - I see you have spinning class down for your exercise. How do you like it? I really need to find something to replace biking during the winter. I'm really interested in spinning only would probably look for a vid or something at home.

Christine - I liked hearing about your hilly walks. We've been hitting them on bikes when we can too lately to train. They sure add to a workout!

Patchwork - So glad you're Dad is now recovering and I hope the family is getting some rest.

Hi to everyone else too!

Today:
B~leftover pizza from last eve (hubby made BBQ CK pizza on the grill - so yummy.) pretty small piece 3?, 2 coffees w/creamer 2, cantelope
Sn~peach
L~WW lasagna 8? have to check, oikos yogurt 2
Sn~popcorn 7
D~3 oz hamburger patty 4, w/bacon 2, lettuce, tomato (no bun) & mayo 1
zuchinni in EVOO 1
Sn~sf cocoa 1 w/topping 1

Exercise:
core stuff on my break
lower body
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #83  
I am in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinmom View Post

Emme - I see you have spinning class down for your exercise. How do you like it? I really need to find something to replace biking during the winter. I'm really interested in spinning only would probably look for a vid or something at home.
I have a love/hate relationship with spinning...I love it because it feels great (when it's OVER) and I burn a lot of calories, but it's hard work, and that's the part that makes me pi$$y!

You wouldn't be able to do it at home unless you actually had a spinning bike. A spinning bike has only a front wheel and a special resistance knob that makes it easier or more difficult to pedal. Here is what they look like:

You should see if there is a class available at a local gym or something. It's a good time!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #84  

Morning ladies!!!
Well my experiment didn't work by having a heartier breakfast. So back to my moderate breakfast and lunch and we'll see what happens!! Gosh this idea of making this a lifestyle change sure makes it more challenging for me, as there is no "end" in sight. To add to the NSVs, I am wearing a pair of size 5 work pants. They are a little snug in the thighs and bottom but they fit with no muffin top overage. I am wearing a long, loose-fitting top over the region. Hahaha.

Emme Well I think it's ok to take it easy on Saturday! After all, these things will come up during our 60 days and you have to have a life somewhere in there :-)

Workinmom That's great news! Keep up the good work! It does feel good when I am actually staying committed. Sounds like an awesome workout you had.. That always helps me feel physically and mentally well. The pizza sounds delish, by the way.

Girly Congratulations!!! Awesome weigh-in! Way to go!! It's always fun to enter a new "decade." LOL. Woot!

Dimples Truckin' along is great! It's all about consistency

Here's the day's plan:

Day 8
Breakfast: Peanuts (320 cals), black coffee (5 cals)
Lunch: LC Pizza (340 cals) fruit (100 cals)
Snack: Peanut butter M&Ms (240 cals)
Dinner: ??? Will come back to update...

Last edited by christine123; 09-08-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #85  
I am in control.

christine ~ I forgot to say congrats yesterday for fitting into the smaller size with room to give!!! How exciting!!! And now a size 5 with no muffin top?! Girl, you are on a roll. I will always be one of those girls with a muffin top, sadly, lol!! You know what I have been doing with my breakfasts that keep me fuller longer? I sprinkle a ton of ground cinnamon on my toast. Cinnamon is a natural appetite suppressant and blood sugar stabilizer and it really seems to help me.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #86  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies,

SoFly - Congrats on your loss! Lookout 147!

Workin - Glad to hear the challenge is helping you too. I am soooo happy I joined Kim & Emme in ths challenge. It is doing wonders for me. I bet you do look skinnier. Hang in there and we'll be in onederland soon.

Emme - I bet you'll do okay at dinner on Saturday and won't have to break your OP streak. You can just guestimate your calories.

Christine - Great job on fitting the smaller pants.

I have some good news.... the scale didn't bounce back up to 215 !!!! It bounced down to 213.8 today As you can imagine, I am a happy girl right now. I am so motivated to stay 100% OP.

I hope everyone is having a great Thursday.

Last edited by GettinFit; 09-08-2011 at 11:52 AM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #87  
I am in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinFit View Post

I have some good news.... the scale didn't bounce back up to 215 !!!! It bounced down to 213.8 today As you can imagine, I am a happy girl right now. I am so motivated to stay 100% OP.
Yay, GettinFit!!! Wow, that is awesome!! I am so excited for you ~ all your hard work is paying off!
Old 09-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #88  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Thanks Emme - You have been a great encouragement to me.

Today's Journal

B: Greek yogurt, banana, 1 C skim milk, coffee w/flavored creamer
L: Lean Cuisine Steak Tips Portabello w/ brocolli, 3/4 C roasted potatoes, WW ginger snaps
S: WW 2 pt bar, peach
D: Subway sub
Exercise: Did Turbo Jam

Last edited by GettinFit; 09-08-2011 at 12:36 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #89  

Christine - I am trying to bulk up my meals a bit too, especially breakfast. To me, it does seem to keep the munchies at bay but I suppose it's different for everyone. Did you have protein for your breakfast?

Emme - I've been dumping a load of cinnamon on applesauce for a snack occasionally too. It makes normal applesauce a real treat and on WW PP, I can have a whole cup for no points as long as it's no sugar added. I keep thinking I should add a dollop (sp?) of ff yogurt too but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

I plan to get a bike trainer for home. I wonder if that would work for spinning. It keeps the back tire stationary and allows you to adjust tension. I'll have to keep checking it out. I do weights with my friend 2 times a week after work and just don't feel I can afford the time of another something to go to. Thanks for the info!!
Old 09-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #90  

Oop....I missed a couple of posts while I was typing mine.

Gettin - That is fantastic! Yep, Onederland, here we come!!