Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #106  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

DZ - I've been reading into nutrition and the such recently, and from what I've learnt is that if you're exercising more you need more fuel (food/calories) to keep your body going so you don't crash and burn. Peanutt has a wonderful metaphor of a fire, to keep the fire burning you need more fuel! I'm not going to recite it word for word, but I'm sure you get what I mean ;p. I know I posted this a few pages back but check this diagram out, it's really clear about what your body needs for working out. Hope this helps!

--

Some good news to share.

1. Not 1, not 2, but THREE people have commented that I look thinner these days! WOOHOOO!

2. I'm down a clothes size, I went shopping today and treating myself to some clothes. I made sure they fit well and didn't opt out to get looser clothes, I'm ready to show myself off and eventually have these clothes be baggy one day!!

Rie is a happy camper =D
Old 08-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #107  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

You guys are so hard to keep up with!
Still in school. I have so much reading it hurts ><
I'm still sticking to my goals for school. I haven't deviated yet!!!

Kitty passed me on fitocracy.. grrrrrrrrr..... I didn't go to the gym monday morning. I didn't realize how exhausted I was. Slept right through my alarm. I was so mad... >< I still worked out yesterday... just didn't go to the gym. I WILL WILL WILL go Friday. /nod

Congrats on getting the skinny comments Ries, I know that feels GREAT!

Budgetbaby, I agree. I am convinced carbs won't leave my system as easily as fruits do. I avoid pasta for these reasons...
Old 08-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #108  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

@Ries I love those comments too! Congrats! New clothes are so much fun! I am buying a little tighter (not too tight) too to make them last at least a few weeks.

I am just back from making some of my (soon to be ex) fat cry! lol I was also chasing some weakness away with some pain. haha I love those quotes.

Back ranking 10 on Fitocracy... well, for now, I know... Paula and Ries are making me work hard to earn those points!

However, I am feeling greater than ever. Totally lusting after exercising throughout the day and starting to really hate sitting at the desk for 8 hours. My mind keeps wandering off on what I could do if I weren't in the office. And I am seriously considering buying a bicycle again. Any comments on something comfortable that can be used on gravel roads? I used to have a mountain bike I hated with every fiber of my body. It was more torture equipment than anything else. I need something comfy but sturdy for gravel roads with gears for the 4 million hills around me! (BTW I HATE hills with a passion!)
Old 08-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
fat should be no more than 30%, is that correct peanutt??
protein 30-35%
carbs 40-50%

based on this, your intake was nearly 50% fat??
33% carbs
20% protein
Is the general consensus in this Boot Camp to be fat phobic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post

AND, as bizarre as it seems, our thread not only moves fast, but is starting to get about 6,000 views per week.
I'm probably 1,000 of those. :-P I don't want to post until I catch up on the thread, and had a bunch of false starts with reading. I was ridiculously busy this past weekend, and could never seem to catch up every time I started. That job is over, and my schedule is back to being dead, so I'm back and ready to get back into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetBaby View Post
Yay, Josey!
Anybody know anything about the Crossfit franchise? It is kind of expensive compared to other gyms, but it's the closest to me. And, frankly, it looks a lot more exciting and 'programmed' than the next closest gyms. I've gotten the good news that I'm getting a little raise at work. My coworkers are already *****ing about the size of it, and I'm thinking 1) they have crappy attitudes given that last week we didn't think there would be any raises and 2) with what I'm saving by not eating out and the little raise, I could afford the Crossfit membership.
I love the idea of Crossfit. I'm not a fan of barbie weights and thinking cardio is what is required for a bomb body. The crossfits I've checked into were about $150 a month for 2-3 classes a week. I like them because they AREN'T challenge based (as opposed to what someone mentioned upthread), which makes it easier for those who are intimidated to step from Curves type workouts to real fitness. They emphasize that ANYONE can join and you will progress at YOUR level of fitness. You aren't expected to be up to anyone else's starting point.

Last edited by Brown; 08-30-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Sorry I've been MIA today...busy busy! But I was good!

I kind of love the idea of a Black Ops team! And I could definitely make it so that the spreadsheet tracks our percent changes. Just let me know, Sarge, and I'll be right on it, Sir!

Hope everyone has a great night! Longer check-in after the gym tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #111  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Jeanettey's Mid-week Challenge

"Armed For Duty"

Shoulder raises front and side, Tricep chest press, Tricep extension,

Deltoid press, Bicep curls split stance, Arm swings

You can decide how much weight to use and how many of each you do.

Just remember the point is to challenge yourself.

No excuses!!! If you don't have weights use water bottles or veggie cans

Last edited by Jeanettey; 09-01-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

OK TROOPS - I THINK WE HAVE IT SURROUNDED.

LETS KILL THAT FAT!
Old 08-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #113  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Evening everyone;

Canning mission complete, run complete, crunches complete . . . feeling good, now a hot soak in the tub and (hopefully) a good nights sleep . . .

Can't wait for Jeanettey's challenge tomorrow . . .

Night all,
Old 08-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #114  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Thanks Jeanettey!!! We gonna be "ARMED & DANGEROUS!!!"

BTW, I've added links in the first post and will repeat in each new thread to those frequently requested nutrition links...Peanutt's furnace analogy and Ries visual nutrition guide. I've been searching for Gooey's link to nutrition breakdown but I haven't found it yet in our older threads but I'll keep looking.

Nicely done Munchey! Fun fat fight!

Last edited by JayTee; 08-30-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #115  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZackery View Post
I read somewhere that the body stores extra protein as fat but that goes against everything I learned in the racehorse industry. Horses pee out their excess protein...it makes the shavings red. Anybody care to weigh in on that?
If there was any truth to that at all, then why would bodybuilders and figure competitors who are trying to lean out and bulk up load up on protein??
Old 08-30-2011, 11:19 PM   #116  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

SARGE:

Is this what you're looking for:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/
Old 08-31-2011, 12:34 AM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
If there was any truth to that at all, then why would bodybuilders and figure competitors who are trying to lean out and bulk up load up on protein??
I assume she's talking about gluconeogenesis.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:07 AM   #118  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

I have a confession. I am a daily weigher...I am putting my scale away for the rest of this week. I have thought, maybe it isn't the poundage that sloths off me, but my level of fitness. Surely if I continue to run and let Jillian Michaels torture me nightly I will firm and tone. As I firm and tone the pounds will start to turn to muscle and eventually I will see that difference. I might start measuring my success in inches not pounds.

I am FIT.. I am STRONG..I AM EPIC

C25k W2D3 Completed
TDS Completed.

I will do C25K week 2 again this week.

Now here goes for the Challenge! Bye Bye Arm Jiggle!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:23 AM   #119  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

Shoulder raises front and side X 50
Tricep chest press x 30
Tricep extension x 30
Deltoid press x 30
Bicep curls x 30
split stance x 30 (Each Side)
Arm swings x 30 (Each Side)

WHOO!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:19 AM   #120  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Hiya friends! Drill Sergeant Hubby today mandated another "Rest" day but we are definitely running together again tomorrow night. I had so much fun the other night that I forgot that my body isn't used to running like that, resulting in two straight days of limping around. Tomorrow I am going for the 3.1 mile quest on fitocracy!

For now, off to sleep. This is the second night in a row (or third?) that I've fallen asleep while putting the baby to bed. I think that's a sign that I need to get some rest! Night troops!
Closed Thread