Old 08-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #151  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

aleksandra: great job and have a FUNTASTIC time! (Sorry my daughter giggles everytime I tell her I use her words).

Floriduh: Your man has turned into your pool boy? I always wanted one of them! I told my guy when I get to cougar age I am going to get a pool boy, even if I only have a plastic, children's sized pool!

As for me, I had a planned day off today. I did eat kinda crappy, which I did last week with good results after I did high protein, low fat right after. I exercised last night and plan on it tonight too. I am crossing my fingers on this. Otherwise, I ate 2 pieces of pizza (heavily blotted), a hostess cupcake for dessert and a serving of icecream in vain Good thing I ate well for the other part of the day or I'd be in trouble! Tomorrow: protein only.

Oh yeah, I bought myself something today when shopping for the children. I later justified it as my reward for losing 20lbs

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/land...FlipFlops.jsp#

Last edited by sheramama; 08-20-2011 at 11:06 PM.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #152  
BlockHead =)

Default Early morning long post

Hi everyone
I am up super early b/c I have such a hard time sleeping in hotels!
We had a great time walking around the Flume Gorge in Franconia Notch State Park yesterday. It's only a 2 mile walk and boy did we stroll. With scenic stops, "my heart is going to pound right out of my chest b/c of these hill/stairs" stops, and stopping to have pb&j sandwiches for lunch, it took us about 2.5 hours. But it was fun! And it was exercise
Today we are going to take a tram ride up a mountain and see what the nature trails are like up there, then off to some glacial caves, then home. DS and I have next week off, but DH has to go to work on Monday.

Food has been ok so far. I had eggs benedict with spinach (no English muffin) for breakfast yesterday. I did have a serving of home fries. I was only able to eat 1 of the eggs benedict..and I was sooo stuffed after. If I had eaten the other eb I would have felt sick. Lunch was a pb, polaner all fruit, Ezekial bread sandwich. Supper was a chicken souvlaki salad from a local pizzeria. And hotel snacks were 4 miracle brownies that I brought along. I actually ate less than I thought I would and I'm happy with my choices. BS was 100 at bedtime last night and 122 when I just woke up.

I'm trying something new with my food tracking. I'm still keeping my googledocs spreadsheet and entering everything that goes in my mouth. However, I'm not filling in all the nutrition data. Instead I'm just putting my fasting bs and bedtime bs. If I find that my blood sugars are going higher, or if my weight is going up, or if I am trying a new recipe/new food then I can always go and fill in the nutrition info to see how it's all fitting together, but as general rule I'm not going to fill it all in. I'm doing this b/c it was really taking soooo much of my time to track all that. I don't want to be a slave to those numbers forever. I'm hoping this is going to be a good compromise so that I will stay accountable and be able to really see what I'm eating without being so obsessive about it and still be effective for both my diabetes and my weight loss.

I was thinking the other day...I weigh less now than I did when I got married I weigh at least 57 pounds less than I did at my highest ever I have lost 24.5 pounds since 6/29/11. I'm feeling pretty good about my progress and ready to keeeeeeeep going I weigh 62 pounds more than I did when I met DH. At that time I was the lowest I'd been since..hmm..well ever in my adult life. I got really sick a few months later and lost another 15 pounds. I don't know if I will ever be at that weight again, but in the back of my mind the weight when met DH is kinda my goal (180) but to get down to a healthy 165 would be cool too. Right now I'm focusing on 230..my next drop down in obesity classification, and my "short long-term goal" is 200. I'm not even saying Onederland b/c that sounds sooooo far away.

Thanks for reading my novel You all are the best.
Hope you all are having a happy and healthy weekend.
I'm going to catch up on your posts next.
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #153  
BlockHead =)

Default Personals

ItsMyTurn.. Thank you for the kind words and the encouragement. I have noticed how much you post and it's awesome! You are sooo supportive to everyone. Glad you are back to your normal self and rocking your workouts. :highfive: And...30 lbs..that really rocks!

So sorry about your MIL
I use a LOT of lemons..in water, in sauces, on salads, on fish, to clean with. How cool it must have been to pick fresh ones. mmmm
Hehe all this thought about fresh fruit is making me hungry for breakfast. I don't eat much fruit b/c of the diabetes, but a little here and there is such a treat!

Floriduh: Thank you for the encouragement You had a FAB week! Great job resisting the wings and beer. Staying strong in social situations is tough!
Mmmm Hearing about the avacado and orange trees make my mouth water. This is the first year I've had a semi successful garden at home and am loving eating things fresh from it. DH wants to plant apple and pear trees next year, but they will take awhile to give fruit. I am grateful we can grow what we can up here, but would be soooo yummy to have citrus trees and even though I have to go easy on avacados b/c they bother my tummy, they are sooooooo yummy!

sheramama: yay on the 3 pounds down! Also, re your knee...do you see a chiropractor? They might be able to help through adjustments and if you find one that is also knowledgable in supplements should be able to help you there.

Thanks for the encouragement and I LOVE your daughter's words! The bugs were surprisingly not bad yesterday. I did get stung by a yellow jacket and there were a few (very few) mosquitos around but not bad. DS and I are both mosquito magnets so I figured if we only got bitten once or twice then it was a good outing

and lol about the pool boy. I can see some hunky young thang out there with a pool vaccum, vaccing out the kiddie pool in his short shorts and no shirt on. bwahaha!

The shoes are cute and great way to reward yourself in a non food way! Sounds like you are sort of doing an unofficial version of calorie cycling. I know it works for a lot of people and if I eat a bit higher cals for a few days then back to what's becoming my normal, I seem to have a drop again. You seem to have a good "recovery plan" at any rate!

jillnicole: great job! Not to sound weird, but how's your bum doing? And I agree with shermama...you have made such great progress! Keep up the great work and tweak where you need to when you're ready to kick things into gear again. I know it's got to be frustrating getting to that point where you are losing sowly, but you are losing! And that is to be celebrated

aleksandra: great job on the 5 pounds! I hope your vacation is sooooo much fun! See you when you get back
Old 08-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #154  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floriduh View Post
ItsMyTurn--very sorry to learn of your MIL passing. Was your move to AZ earlier this year related to being near her? [please forgive me if I'm being too inquisitive] Caught your comment about the neighbors leaving you some fruit! Around here, about half the neighbors have some sort of fruit tree. I've had neighbors ring the doorbell both to deliver overly abundant fruit and to request it. Last year I couldn't give away enough of the avocados fast enough.

It's so great having support through this weight loss journey! Such an amazing group of phenomenal women from all walks of life sharing progress, pitfalls, and success! This forum is fabulous!

Floriduh - We actually moved to AZ 6 yrs ago at the end of this month... only been in our new house since January though. Some of that decision at the time of moving was his mom, but to be honest, only a small part of it. The area we lived at before had no way for us to make a decent living or a future for our kids... top it off with, the area was dangerous for my middle child...and we made the move to sunny AZ We got the house this year and had been renting in previous places here in the state to insure we bought where it would be investment smart
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #155  
~Star~

sheramama - It's amazing how one injury can come back to haunt a person for years. Congrats on the weight loss!

aleksandra - have a great time on vacation! Congrats on your pound gone and willingness to stay on plan while on vacatioin... a vacation sounds soooo nice

jen - I think the fact you can see all angles of positive that you have lost the weight is awesome!!! And weigh less then you were married is a good feeling too I do post quite a bit on weekdays (am stuck at a desk 9hrs/day at work) cause it honestly helps to keep me focused on my goals, even while at work I hope someone will tell me if it gets to be too much... I am seriously bad at judging that and don't want to outdo my welcome
Old 08-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #156  
BlockHead =)

ItsMyTurn: I can't imagine anyone thinking you're outdoing your welcome! You are so positive and supportive of everyone!

Home. Relaxing. Had so much fun this weekend. I think I made good food choices overall. Sodium I'm sure was too high. Interested to see my weight in the am. Right now it's showing a 2.5 pound gain but I'm sure that is later in day/water/no bm weight.

I'm on vacation this week and a bit nervous b/c I will be home a lot and food will be easily available. At least I know I have good choices in the house.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
Jen
Old 08-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #157  
Inspired

S/C/G: 228/195/128

Height: 5' 3"

Hope everyone has fond memories of a FUNTABULOUS weekend!

sheramama
--Love your new shoes! Very cute! Good for you--treating yourself to something nice. You do so much for everyone else, and losing 20lbs is a BIG accomplishment! Yes, Cabana Bob has skimmed the pool for the past two mornings Apparently, this is his contribution to my weight loss journey...said he is "very impressed" with my drive and commitment to work out twice a day every day. He even offers to run errands for me most days, so he can grab some fast food which I won't allow in the house anymore.

jeniansmom--Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about your weight loss journey. You seem so positive, and you should be with your accomplishments and goals! Losing 24.5 lbs since the end of June is a BIG deal! Go for it with the apple and pear trees! Picking fruit off your own trees is simply decadent! Are there any gardening threads in the 3fc forum? We'll be planting for the fall/winter season in a few weeks. Hope you have a relaxing vacation!

ItsMyTurn--Thanks for filling in details about transplanting from ME to AZ. That's a mighty big change in climate and terrain. You had plenty of good reasons to pick up and make the big move. I've never moved away from the east coast. Glad you found yourself a new home! I'm looking forward to hearing about your landscaping projects. Again, I'm wondering about a gardening thread around here...

Best wishes to all for a good week! We're closing in on the end of the month.
Floriduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #158  
~Star~

Jen - You are such a doll, thank you!!!! As far as the weight, I have no doubt it will drop in the next day or two... sodium is evil that way I sure hope your week goes well too... having healthy food choices around is a good idea... I usually turn to exercise when a "munch" time craving hits too badly, lol

Floriduh - You know I haven't seen a gardening thread. Maybe in the area where they don't talk about dieting and fitness? They have one forum like that, but I have yet to peruse it.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #159  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Jeniansmom: That is awesome that you weigh so much less now! WHOO HOO! I am about 2 seconds from doing a happy dance for you myself Have such a great time. With all the walking and stuff, you'll do great! Have fun BTW, thanx. I do have that same picture of a young guy who looked sort of like Jacob from Twilight.... Thanks for the calorie cycling term. I knew there was a word for it! It is working...but the test will be Sun when I weigh in again if it did.

Floriduh: I love that your guy does the errands now. He he he. I got mine to clean the house today and he didn't even realize it. Man, I guess I'll have to reward him for it lol.

ItsMyTurn: Since when is posting a bad thing? You're great. If anyone thinks other wise, they "be fighting words" and I'll take care of it

BTW: I didn't stay as closely OP as I wanted to today. We went minigolfing and I had a few bites of icecream and 3 gummi bears (My kids new fav sundae), had 2 pieces of bread I shouldn't have. Tomorrow I will be more strict. I was just craving those carbs something awful. On the other hand, I resisted the oreos that I got suckered into buying yesterday by my son. We did do some Wii just dance for almost an hour and I will try to work out tonight (I have some paperwork to catch up with for work and some "us" time with my guy). Oh, and my new wedge flops make my legs look longer and thinner whoo hooo.lol

Oh! And my daughter can finally get her arms all the way around my waist. Not my hips but thats okay. My son, well his arms are much smaller so when his does, we're in business.

Last edited by sheramama; 08-21-2011 at 09:15 PM.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #160  
~Star~

sheramama - How awesome for the arms to get around you!!! I know that feeling! As for the wedges, they are ADORABLE!! I couldn't believe the sale price either, you got some real nice looking shoes!!!!! You so deserve them
Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #161  
Inspired

ItsMyTurn--Like you, I really get a lot of motivation and will power from this forum. I never think you post too much...and if anyone does, well then they must think the same or worse about me! Keep up the great progress with your workouts and weight loss!

sheramama--Please share how you got your man to clean the house without knowing it! That is too rich. Hooray for an hour of wii dancing and resisting the oreos. Too adorable that you can measure your progress by your children's arms around you! Sweet!

Stayed with the diet and exercise plan all weekend. Really starting to see and feel the difference in how clothes fit and stamina--both physical and mental. Had to buy new undies yesterday b/c the old ones were too baggy! Psyched for another good week of doing good things for my body.

Best wishes to all for a great week!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #162  
~Star~

Floriduh - Thank you so much for being so sweet Great job staying on the program through your weekend!! I am so glad you are seeing and feeling the difference! I had to do the new undies thing too... couldn't figure out why they kept bunching up in my pants til my DH made the comment they were hanging like a saggy diaper, LOL!!!! I guess it was time for new ones, LOL!!! Oddly enough, I find that to be a good feeling! LOL!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #163  
Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Floriduh - couldn't figure out why they kept bunching up in my pants til my DH made the comment they were hanging like a saggy diaper, LOL!!!! I guess it was time for new ones, LOL!!! Oddly enough, I find that to be a good feeling! LOL!
Indeed, it's a good feeling!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #164  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone!! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I had girls night out at a little dive bar Saturday, it was fun had 500 extra calories that day though so I'm going to see if we can do game night next time instead lol Sunday I went swimming and got a tan.. Tried to make up Saturdays calories a little.*
TOM is expected within a week and everythingggg is making me cry, like the silliest things *Lol Grrr. I hate when that happens! My hormones are so messed up, can't wait until I have health benefits again... One day! oh well for now I'll just cry it all out & think of it as water weight

SheraMama.. Thanks not letting myself get down, irritated sometimes but I get over things very fast lol i just kind of GRRR at the scale and then move on! .... & pizza oh boy lol I hate pizza commercials! I'm so glad I don't have to worry about having it jn my house because I wouldn't be able to turn it down. Have you tried the SmartOnes desserts? Or the FiberOne brownies, I bet those would be better than a hostess cupcake.. But then again I've never liked those cupcakes so maybe it's only me lol & that's so great to notice things like your little girl getting her arms around you now!! Doesn't that feel good!! *

Aleksandra... Congrats on the 5 lbs mark for out challenge!! Way to go!!! that's so awesome!

Floriduh.. Thanks I moved Aug 1st, and in this town all of the Internet companies are double what I use to pay!! So I'm just using my iPhone to talk here until I'm ready to pay that lol.. I start work back Sept 2nd so probably towards the end of September. Double the price from one town to another only like a 20 minute difference.. Crazy! & great job staying on plan this weekend!!*

Jeniansmom.. I'm a really bad sleeper anywhere that is unusual for me! I hate it too, sleep needs to be easy! Congrats on weighing less now than on your wedding day! hope you have fun on the trails!! & thank you for your kind words... MY BUM IS ALL BETTER!!! LOL!! finally! **

ItsMyTurn.. I love how much you post! You keeps all going *

for all my fierce awesome challengers! *
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #165  
~Star~

JillNicole - You are such a sweetie!!!! Thank you! Maybe all that crying will help in alieviating the extra water weight for sure Although I am so sorry your hormones are deciding to drop kick you this week and hopefully will even you back out after TOM comes to visit