50 lbs. by New Years!!!

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • It's the middle of July and I'm almost through the 15 lbs. in July challenge. Now I'm setting my sites on a longer larger goal...

To lose 50 lbs. by January 1, 2012

It's a lot, I know, but if we give it our very best the worst that could happen is we fall a few pounds short. In that case it's still a win win.

So, who's with me?

Post start weight, goal weight or just add a new ticker. Post how you intend to get to the magic 50 and a little about what keeps you motivated.

I'm starting at 199, today, and my goal is 149. I intend on reaching this lofty goal by continueing my IF lifstyle and burning as many calories per week as possible (with a goal of 500 calories per day).

I am motivated by boxes and boxes of "skinny" clothes that have been packed up for far too long and by my son who will turn 1 in December. I want to be in the pictures at his first birthday and not hiding behind other people.

My journey

15lbs. in July Challenge

50lbs. by New Years Challenge

One for every 5 pounds GONE!

• I'm in! I was 223 this morning, so my January 1, 2012 goal is 173. This is actually in my margin of 'final goal' weight, or at least within 13 pounds of it (we'll see when I'm there!

I really need this extra motivation, so I'm very excited for this long-term challenge.
  • Welcome Chelsea!

50 pounds is within 10-15 lbs. to my goal as well. Like you said, we'll se when I get there. Who knows with this new mommy body. Hopefully after we get to 50 we can cheer eachother on for the last 10ish

What are your plans on getting there? I'm always interested in what causes success for others.

My journey

15lbs. in July Challenge

• I want in ladies!! I always like the long-term challenges! I was down to 214lb two weeks ago, but seriously fell off the wagon! My weight this morn is 220lb. I'm in desperate need of some new motivation. Yesterday was better, today has been good so far.

Fifty pounds down will put me at my goal weight, 170-175. So far, I've lost about 70lb by eating sensible portions of healthy foods. Lots of veggies and proteins, light on the carbs, but not nearly low-carb. I've been calorie counting and logging the whole time too. Until a week ago, I was jogging/weights 3 times a week, so I need to get back on that too!

This is perfect timing to get me back into my good habits! Thanks!

Start Weight (7/13/11) = 220lb
    Goal Weight (1/1/12) = 175lb (or 170!)
  • This would be great for me! I'd love to be able to take family photos without feeling embarrassed at holiday time!
    My other motivation is being able to find clothes I really love and feel good in them.
  • I want in too not sure what is going on in my life but 50 lbs sounds double by jan 1st.
  • WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!

Jen, I agree, I need long term challenges in addition to the small challenges. This should help us stay focused. Congratulations on your already great loss!

Cinlo, I'm totally there on the photos! Last Christmas I was 3 days post partum and had suffered severe swelling at the end of my pregnancy...I was NOT a pretty thing to have in thos holiday shots. I hope to look drastically better this Christmas...maybe even want to JUMP into a few shots.

Michelle, I'm all about the weight loss math, that's what get's me motivated. It doesn't always pan out the way I figure it will but it keeps me pumped to keep going. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate 3days of 1,000 calorie burn into my week. It's a lot but if I do it it will be almost 1 pound of loss not including my other 500 calorie days and the dieting. Whatever it takes to stay motivated

My journey

15lbs. in July Challenge

• I'm in I have literally no support, so this will be good for me
  • Welcome, Alsten! I see you already made a new ticker...Awesome! Just seeing the number 50 lbs. less makes me smile. I went through my old "skinny" pictures yesterday for some inspiration and got out a pair of jeans that fit me at my 50 pound goal... It's not going to be easy, but it doesn't have to me super hard either. At least if we are here to support eachother we can weather the storms of cupcakes and lazy days together.
  • Quote: Welcome, Alsten! I see you already made a new ticker...Awesome! Just seeing the number 50 lbs. less makes me smile. I went through my old "skinny" pictures yesterday for some inspiration and got out a pair of jeans that fit me at my 50 pound goal... It's not going to be easy, but it doesn't have to me super hard either. At least if we are here to support eachother we can weather the storms of cupcakes and lazy days together.

thank you <3 I've been looking through my older pix too... I wasn't always on the big side.. was overweight19+.. im 26 now..I lost big amounts of weight before, and it is motivating.. I have one on my fridge actually .. my son is also my motivation, I feel so sick all the time in a number of ways, and I know it will only get worse if nothing changes now .. I failed a lot of times, but I refuse to give up.. I'm more commited now than ever, and look forward to getting through this with you all
  • also.. I feel like I have a lot against me lol ..I'm dealing with pcos/crazy hormones, no support like i've said before.. my husband lives on junk etc and I'm agoraphobic, I barely can get out.. trying SO hard to just keep telling myself positive things over and over lawl need to keep pushing myself.. I KNOW I can do this.. we all can
  • I want in too...I need both short and long-term goal challenges. I'm turning the big 30 on Xmas and I want to lose 50 more by then...so this would be perfect! (That will put me where I was after my 2nd child)

Starting Weight: 244
    Challenge End: 194
  • My tickers tell my goals and will be re-evaluated once reach my goals, I will eat between 1200-1500 calories a day of whole foods no proccessed foods no fast foods as much as possible and will keep my indulgences withen my calorie range. I have added walking to my daily routine and will take one or 2 days off from exercise as needed. I have bad hips but hoping to strengthen my core to help them "joint digenertave diesae"runs in my family, my mom has it and so does my bro and daughter. I have yet not been checked. my weigh-in days will be fridays .

Do you have days planned for roll call and such or do we just check in once a week or everyday?
  • me! me! Me too!!

This would be AMAZING. -50 lbs would put me WAAAAAYYY into a Winter onederland!

7/9: start - 236.0
    7/16
    7/23
    7/30
    8/6
    8/13
    8/20
    8/27
    9/3
    9/10
    9/17
    9/24