September 20th Challenge Week 3! - Page 4 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 07-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #46  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

diyana thank you for the support, and I do hope that your PT helps you recover faster. You are very positive, I like that! You mowed the lawn, I dont know about you but I usually break out in crazy sweats when I do that! lol

iamerican thank you and dont need to apologize for the green team, we all do what we can, and slower is better than too fast, you dont want to be gaining it all back right away right? Hehehe!!

Zumba is awesome, but the last time I tried it I weighed in at 215 and couldn't do it. I have it on the Wii along with all those dance games and biggest loser, but I found Zumba was fun. And my fiancé was joining in too, maybe i'll give it a shot on the weekend. Some changes to my workout must not be a bad thing
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 180+ / 160ish / 130

Height: 5' 3"

caramelkitty - It feels so good when people notice our hard work!!! Way to go! Also, congratz for the weight lost

Claire - I know what you mean!! When I'm sitting down I look way skinnier - Standing up, well, that's another story!!

TheBunneh - I've only previewed Breathless Body, and trust me, I was sweating just by watching. I think it's great for when you're short on time, or just want to do a quicker workout. It's easy to split it in segments, as it seems

skinnychicagogirl - Oh my!! I would die and go to heaven if I had Bar Method classes in town. Same thing with Physique57. I've heard that none of the DVDS beat the live classes. Do you have the DVD? If so, do they compare good with the live class?

diyana - Way to go with your physical therapy! I'm doing T-Tapp right now (hopefully on a consistent basis - I have exercise routine ADD) not only because of the weight and inch loss, but because of the postural and rehabilitative benefits it claims to have. Have fun with Zumba!! I've always wanted to try, but I'm badly uncoordinated

iamerican - Sometimes taking a long walk eases up tension in the body, so it's good to take back and still do something active but less jarring than a regular workout. Sounds like you're going to have a great time this weekend!! Enjoy!

Yesterday I did my first full T-Tapp workout. My balance is totally off, but I'm hopeful it'll get better. I did good in the eating department, but I did have two drinks (scotch with water) with dinner. I'm hoping some alcohol doesn't pull me back, since I'm doing my workouts and watching my carbs.

I will do my 1 hour workout in a bit. I'm hitting for a bootcamp - doing a long workout back to back for 4 to 14 days, and then switching to every other day. I'm sprinkling kettlebell and clubbell workouts to add variety

Let's keep on rocking it!!!
LaCatrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #48  

Height: 5'9"

Congrats CaramelKitty!!

Sounds like everyone is doing amazing this week!! Yay!!
xxALICIAxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/131 (for now!)

Height: 5'3"

Whew okay, after a week or so of off-track, but not COMPLETELY off-plan eating, I am whipping my butt back into shape this week! Granted, I just started this morning but I already planned out my lunch and reevaluated my weight loss chart/food chart and realized if I don't get it together I won't get anywhere near where I need to be in September for the bridesmaid's dress fitting! As of now, it looks like I won't be making it to my goal of 123 pounds, but rather 134 for the dress fitting and 132 for the end of this challenge. I'll take it! It's better (20 pounds better!) than where I am now. Tonight, I will work out. I am watching my calories, carbs, and sodium, and after I hit submit I'll be going back to the kitchen to get more water to hopefully work off any excess sodium I've taken in over the last week. I figured if I wrote this all out to you it would give me motivation and require me to see it through so I'm not lying to you all! PLUS I don't want to let down my blue team!
elizabethyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 230/211/140

Height: 5'4"

YAY, YAY, YAY! Everyone in this challenge is doing SOO great and SOO encouraging! I haven't stepped on the scale yet to see my 4th holiWEEK damage. I am OP all day to today. Already lifted weights and hits some vballs (felt great haven't played on a court in over a year- a little rusty but not too bad) going to ATTEMPT a 3 mile jog tonight. according to c25K I only have to do 2.5 but I would like to get 3 miles down before I leave on my vacation on the 19th. I was shooting for 190 by vacay but fear this weekend may have ruined that so I am shooting for 195 (it is all inclusive drinks and food so it could be bad, but hopefully not TOO bad).
*elizabethyellow- Welcome back on the wagon-- YOU CAN DO IT!! ONE DAY AT A TIME!

I am sooo jealous of everyone that has all these classes to go to. We live in such a SMALL town that we have absolutely NO fitness classes offered. A lot of the middle aged ladies are extremely fit, but there are no classes. Its really weird.

Til next time- KEEP IT UP LADIES!
doc2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #51  

doc2b, honestly I never really felt comfortable doing these classes in public which is why I got a wii and a bunch of fitness games for it
Old 07-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #52  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 260/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

elizabethyellow Way to get back on track! I know you can do it.

doc2b I'm home for the summer in a town that has NO classes either. It's a bummer for sure. However, my college offers free zumba classes at the rec, so I'm itching to get back to school!

carmelkitty Congrats on your weight loss! Feels so good, doesn't it?

diyana Ball zumba? That sounds awesome! I might have to check that out.

iamerican It sounds like you're rolling right along with level 2 of 30DS. I need to get started on level 2. I've been meaning to for a while...

I'm so excited for everyone!
melni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #53  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

ElizabethYellow - Get right back up on the wagon! You can do it!

Doc2b - Videos are good too. You're doing great with your C25K!

Melni - Ball Zumba is just something me and my Zumba instructor made up. I used to be addicted to Zumba (6 days a week addicted!). Then I hurt my back and have been restricted to non-weight bearing exercise (mostly water aerobics). My instructor spent a few hours with me working on ways I can modify Zumba routines so that I can do them while sitting on an exercise ball. Do I burn as many calories as if I were on my feet? No. But it's something I can do without harming my back and it's fun!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 180+ / 160ish / 130

Height: 5' 3"

Great job for getting back on track, elizabethyellow! I've been there more times than I would like to admit. Life happens sometimes, and it's easy to go off plan, but what matters is taking action and rock it, just like you're doing now

doc2b - How are you liking C25K? I've meaning to start it a million times!!!

diyana - It's a blessing to have great fitness peeps that do than kind of stuff for you. Kudos to you for staying active in spite of your injury
LaCatrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5 foot 8

Stepped on the scale this morning....even though I have only been to the gym twice since weigh in...i am down 1.5 lbs. just gotta kick my butt at the gym today tomorrow and saturday for a good weigh in for the BLUE TEAM!

Went to a party last night with my sorority sisters...and my soon to be new roommates. we met these 3 guys on our way to Zips (i didnt have anything of course) and one of them was actually flirting with me and touching my leg the whole time and now he's my friend on facebook! and Kala...(future roommate) told me i looked like id dropped a lot of weight...and she had no idea i was on a diet =]]] YAY!
ClaireBear92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5 foot 8

oh! and my new avatar pic is what my hair turned out like =]
ClaireBear92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #57  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

ClaireBear - How cool that the guy was flirting with you! I'm not surprised though, you're positively adorable! I love your new hair color (of course your old hair color was cute too)!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/131 (for now!)

Height: 5'3"

Yay ClaireBear! That's so awesome; as much as we know better, nothing feels better than getting some attention from the males AND hearing we lost weight from friends! I agree, your hair turned out great!

I have seen C25K mentioned all over 3FC and I have no idea what it is... anybody care to explain?
elizabethyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #59  

Omg Clairebear u look amazing!!!!! Love that haircolor on u! goofily on the weight loss too! And that guy had every right to flirt ur just adorable
Old 07-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Just checking in. I did double exercise yesterday--walked to work (2 miles) and 45 minute strength training DVD. Everyone is doing so well--yay!
sewhappy is offline   Reply With Quote