IF (Intermittent Fasting) Week Challenge #1 6/27 thru 7/3!

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Hey IFers! Welcome to our first Challenge thread! Anyone doing intermittent fasting is welcome to join us for the week starting this Monday and the rules are simple:

1. Set goals of what you'd like to accomplish this week and do it.

2. Workout at least three days out of the week (optional).

3. Report back here as often as you like to let us know how you're doing.

4. At the end of the week, we talk a bout how well we did and decide if we would like to continue with the challenges .

Monique's goals:

1. I will only drink water during fasting time. No slip ups.

2. I will workout five days a week to Hip Hop Abs.

Monique
  • My Goals:

1. I will only drink 1 cup of coffee during fasting, and then water thereafter.

2. I will work out at least 30 min per day this week.
  • My goals:
    1. I've been struggling to keep calories consistently low, so this week I'm going to keep my maximum daily calores at 1560, but will shoot for 1260.
    2. I want to keep carbs under 80 gm.
    3. I'll be doing Pilates five days this week. That's normal for me, so my challenge is to include three days of rowing, 40 minutes.
  • Goals

1. I will drink only water during my fast.
    2. I will exercise 7 days a week, with "30 day Shred".
    3. When I eat I will eat only healthy foods, low in salt, and no sugars.
    4. I will count my calories.
  • Goals:

I will keep my eating window between 2pm and 8pm.
    1200 - 1600 calories, 50 - 75 net carbs.
    100+ oz of water daily.
    I will exercise Monday through Friday.
  • Welcome, everyone! Great goals.

Monique
  • FassGal's Goals IF Challenge Week #1 6/27 - 7/3
    1. Set goals of what you'd like to accomplish this week and do it.

My goal is to eat only two single-plate meals per day (preferably lunch & dinner).

2. Workout at least three days out of the week (optional).

I will work out six days this week (Monday - Saturday) for at least 90 minutes per day (fitness challenge at work)
  • Thanks so much for the challenge! I NEED it. Perhaps we can do it more often? Let's see how this goes, although I know it'll go well.
  • So glad to have stumbled on this thread, I've been considering IFing for awhile now and am so glad to have people to start with!

My plan:

3 to 5 Day Water Fast (only water during fasting periods)
    No vigorous workouts, just the usual (easy) bike ride to work
    No coffee!!!

After doing a fair bit of research this is the fast that I feel most comfortable with. Master cleanse has way too much sugar and I've never really trusted any liquid but water or vodka. From what I've read, ketosis can be achieved on water and is much better on your liver than anything low carb (high meat). I want to give my liver a break and think that this is the best way to do it. Work is mellow this week so I have absolutely nothing going on, and lots of 'busy work' (no brain power) activities. Here goes!
  • Great challenge Monique
    1. My eating window will be from 2pm to 8pm
    2. I will work out 5 days/week
    3. I will drink at least 2L of water every day
  • Hi,

Can I join you on this? I'm new on 3fatchicks - but not to IF (mainly fast5, but sometimes ESE)... I'm now 165 lbs and want to reach 145.

This will be my challenge:
    - My eating window will be from 5pm to 10pm
    - When eating, I'll try to avoid simple sugars and "empty calories"
    - During my fasting window, I will drink only water, coffee, tea - no diet sodas (Stevia and lemon juice tolerated).
    - I will walk at least 4miles a day (that's easy for me, going from the train station to work, and back, etc.) 6 days/a week and run at least 3 days- 60 minutes/a week

PS: English is not my usual language, so please, excuse all the mistakes...
  • 1. Keep my eating window between 12pm and 6pm
    2. Get full nights sleep every night
    3. Keep calories between 1200-1600

I have 9 weeks to lose at least 15 pounds!
  • Welcome, ladies! So glad you can join us.

I allowed myself to get spoiled drinking my sweet coffee every morning lately so saying, "No" to it while fasting is hard. LOL.

I'm in my first glass of water for the day....about to fill up again. Thank goodness for the "hydrate" app on my cell that helps me keep track of my water intake.

Let's have a perfect, ON PLAN day, ladies!

Monique
  • 1)Keeping only 6 hour fast windows [2-8 or 3-9 depending on schedule]

2)No sugar free rockstars during fast [kinda gives me stomach pains anyways drinking them on an empty stomach]

3)Only drink coffee/diet soda if I REALLY need the caffeine!

4)Work out every day. Even if its just walking for an hour.
  • Hi Everyone

Today is my first IF day, and it helps me alot to be participating with others. The accountability helps to keep me focus and on track.