IF (Intermittent Fasting) Week Challenge #1 6/27 thru 7/3! - Page 4 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 06-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #46  

sniperhil: I know I was low yesterday but sometimes it happens. I guess I'm zigzagin calories too, even if I don't really plan it
Today I'm eating till I'm full for dinner and because I've hurt my back I'll just go for a nice walk with my ex exercise buddy who's also hurt (knee)
We're getting old I guess.. Who stretched and warmed up before running around like a maniac when he was 10 years old?!?
khat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #47  
*Buttercup*

S/C/G: 342/208/145

Height: 5'5''

Ahhhh! I have 2 hours left till I can eat.. and for whatever reason I am STARVING.. Work is so slow, but it usually is.. so IDK why I am so hungry.. BAH! Hopefully I won't cave in.
mypinkpolkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:43 AM   #48  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I knew this challenge was going to help me...I broke below 300 lbs. for the first time in 20 years! I'm so happy with my progress!

So, today was an emotionally charged day for me, but I was able to stay on track with calories. My TOM arrived, about a week early, which explains my ravenous hunger in the week previous. I'm feeling a bit more in control of the appetite now. I'm going to push myself to shave a few more calories off everyday. Cutting another 50 calories every few days. I do pretty well until the end of the day. Like right now, I need to go to bed or I'm going to go a pillaging in the pantry!

G'nite!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:59 AM   #49  

way to go geoblewis!

Last edited by FassGal; 07-01-2011 at 04:59 AM.
FassGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:08 AM   #50  

Thumbs down Day 4

Day 4

not again! not again!

I ate two meals, then I came home and ate a third.

In addition, I did not workout at all.

Day 5 MUST be better. I have had two bad days and I cannot afford to have anymore.

I've put the scale in the trunk of my car. I weigh myself way too often and the numbers I see affect my mood, etc. Since I weigh in on Wednesdays or Thursdays, I will take it out of my trunk on Tuesday night, weigh myself, then put it back. My focus should be on establishing lifelong behaviors and habits, because that will lead to my goals of losing weight and never having to suffer through this process again! The scale just lets me know whether what I'm doing is working, in other words, it gauges my progress. I've gotta keep things in perspective.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #51  

S/C/G: H228/S225/C219/G150

Height: 5'6"

Georgia, awesome job.

Angelique, welocome.

Fassgal, great job. Everyone is different when it comes to how much they lose. But like you said, at least it's coming off at all. Haha.

Littlebumblebee, awesome job with the fasting.

Kim, thanks! Keep up the great work.

Khat, we all have our slip ups...no worries.

Sniperhil and pinkpolka, awesome job.

I started my period this week....ick!!!! Hate a TOM time! I never feel like working out during that time.

Anyway, I'm liking having this challenge going. What do you all say we extend it for the entire month of July and see where that takes us?

A lot of my friends at work want to suddenly start losing weight too so I'm glad...more weightloss buddies.

Have a great day, ladies.

Monique
Monique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #52  

geoblewis: Congratulations on your success!

FassGal: I refuse to use the scale. When I see a gain, or I do not lose any weight, I get upset and give up. It is easier for me to not weigh and stick to my goals.
I get weighed at the doctor's office, and that is enough.

Monique count me in for July, because I need all of the accountability that I can get.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 205/167/140

Height: 5'4"

Khat

Quote:
We're getting old I guess.. Who stretched and warmed up before running around like a maniac when he was 10 years old?!?
lol! Running was fun when I was 10, too. Even though I was chunky and slow! Hope your back feels better

Geoblewis

Great Job! Keep up the good work!

Fassgal

It's ok, we all have slip ups. I had a bad slip with my eating last nite. We had hogs in the trap, so we were out taking care of them until 8:30. My window is only open til 6:30 and I wish I could say that I didn't eat. I ate everything in sight. And it wasn't even good. Today will be better. Don't be discouraged
sniperhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #54  
Renaissance Woman

I was totally off challenge yesterday. Went to a garden party and had a HUGE margarita, and a glass of wine. And there was food. I was trying not to eat too much. I guess I did okay, because today I still weighed in at 299 lbs.

Today has gone much better with the calorie intake. I didn't really get hungry most of the day. Then I had a huge salad with some tuna and now my appetite is awake. But I still have calories in the budget for another meal, so I'll be okay.

The other day I cleared out my closet. I got rid of two large suitcases full of clothes! All my size 28s are gone! I also got rid of one pair of size 26s. I have one pair of size 26 shorts that I hung on to for wearing today. And I can almost take them off without unbuttoning them! So I'm definitely in the 24s now.

I have to buy a bathing suit. I'll be regularly going to this garden party thing over the summer. The suit I have was also too big now. Not sure if I should buy a 24 or a 22. What do you all think?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #55  

sniperhil and geoblewis

I had a difficult time too. Saturday night, I went way overboard with my calories. I was stressed and I started stress eating. I had half a bag of chocolate chip cookies, and chips galore.

I need to find a better solution to handling stress than food. I am back on track and I am doing a 24 hour water fast.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #56  

Thanks sniperhil and littlebumblebee

Monique I would love to participate in an IF challenge for the entire month of July! Will there be some type of recognition or reward for those who stuck with their IF goals (excluding exercise, weight, etc. just intermittent fasting/feeding) for the most days this month?

My asthma started acting up really badly. I haven't had any problems since the last time I ate shrimp two years ago. Ugh!

Anyway, I'm back on track!
Old 07-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #57  

Default FassGal's Summary of IF Challenge Week #1 6/27 - 7/3

My Goals were:

1. to eat only two single-plate meals per day (preferably lunch & dinner).

2. to work out six days this week (Monday - Saturday) for at least 90 minutes per day (fitness challenge at work)

I stuck to my IF goal of eating only two single-plate meals per day for the first three days of the challenge. Boo! I'll IF for more than three days this week.

I completed my workout goal successfully, with 690 minutes of exercise! That's 11.5 hours of exercise everyday, over 1.5 hours of exercise per day. If any of my teammates did more than that, then good for them! That was hard work and I'm proud of it, even if I am still the weakest link. (I really hope that I'm not, though)

Last edited by FassGal; 07-06-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #58  

S/C/G: H228/S225/C219/G150

Height: 5'6"

Great work, ladies....let's finish off this month right and shed a few pounds.

I'm still at a two pound loss for the week...could have stayed on plan a bit better but it's ok. I'm still really excited that my co-workers and I are gonna start going to the gym at our job together this week since they remodled it and made it easier for us to access. That will help me shed pounds fast doing it with others. My goal for this month is to get from 217 to 212.

Anyone else have any goals?

Monique
Monique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #59  
Renaissance Woman

I'm glad that I lost two pounds with this challenge and broke past 300 lbs. I wasn't entirely OP, but I found success, and that's what I was in this for!

My goals for the rest of this week are to get back to being on track after the holiday and finding a way to stay focused for the summer. I have two eating events this month, and one of them is my high school reunion. Blech! I want to lose at least five more pounds by then (the 30th). My challenge is to find exercise that I can do in comfort. I do NOT like sweating, and summer weather always makes me uncomfortable. I'm going to start having to get up very early to get on my rowing machine in the back yard. I can still do Pilates at the studio and I can lift weights at home in the living room with fans blowing on me. I guess I'll be showering a lot more.

Good thing about hot weather...I don't feel much like eating.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:29 AM   #60  

Hi everybody...

Just to say: went off the challenge because... I found out I was pregnant... But, unfortunatly, I'm already not anymore...

I need to find something to move on: a new IF challenge for july would be great... Tell me if you're in...
runningmum is offline   Reply With Quote