3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   IF (Intermittent Fasting) Week Challenge #1 6/27 thru 7/3! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/236541-if-intermittent-fasting-week-challenge-1-6-27-thru-7-3-a.html)

geoblewis 06-27-2011 01:32 PM

Hurray! Day 1 of the challenge!

I weighed in at 301 lbs. Bumping up to the psychological weight barrier again. This week, I want to obliterate that obstacle!

Feeling good about limiting the calories and carbs. Have my pitcher of green tea iced tea made. Eating window is from 3 to 9 this week. I plan to have 1260 calories for my meals and then planned snacks if I'm still hungry later that I can cut off at 1560 calories.

I'm going to have an egg white scramble with shredded zucchini first, then tonights dinner is a seasoned Thai beef in lettuce cups and Asian slaw. I have some raw pecans to snack on as needed.

Time to go a rowing!

AriesNV 06-27-2011 02:17 PM

Good Morning everyone!

I went exploring all day yesterday in the mountains to find more lakes/camp spots/ etc. So, I really got a good work-out/hike in. My thighs are killllling me!!!

This week my bf has offered to do the c25k with me! I kind of went "uhhh what?" because I am sooo not a runner, and now I'll have him pushing me to do it!!! It sucks, but I know it's great at the same time. I bought some new running shoes, so I'll definitely be OP this week *crosses fingers*

FassGal 06-27-2011 03:06 PM

Day 1

Day 1 :yay:

9 am - 1 bagel with cream cheese (I scraped off the cream cheese, so I have only a tiny bit. My stomach can't handle too much cream cheese anyway)

1:20 pm - Networking at Applebees - pick a pair lunch combo of Oriental Chicken salad (dressing on the side) with 1 breadstick, and 3 Wonton chicken tacos, with seltzer water with lime.

Workout
- 105 minutes - 75 minutes of dancing DVDs and 30 minutes of strength training

Gosh I love this accountability. If I have to get back on here and report any more food then EVERYONE and their mama will know that I'm a fatty! LOL I don't want that, so I'll be good.

I thought I did well with my 430 minutes of exercise last week. My coworkers/teammates blew me out the water! One had almost 700 minutes of exercise. I think some of my teammates are adding time for every single activity they do, whereas I just include set, structured workouts. Well I'll start including the miles I walk to and from the trains. That's a workout with a heavy briefcase, climbing up and down stairs, etc. I need to get the battery in my watch replaced and carry my stepcounter with me.

sniperhil 06-27-2011 03:09 PM

Hey there. Is it too late to join? If not, my goals for the week are:

To keep to my IF schedule of fast 16, w an 8 hour eat window. Would love to shorten this to a 6hour eat window w/in a couple wks.

To keep my cals between 1200-1600 daily

To jog m-f this wk

I'm starting this challenge at 151.5, but TOM is lurking around the corner!

khat 06-27-2011 05:33 PM

My first day is over. I did ok but I do feel like crap. I didn't even leave the house today, my muscles are so sore, my neck and back hurt so much. I don't think it's due to exercise I feel more like I'm getting ill :( I have been doing IF for a few days and I felt fine so that also can't be the reason. I drank 3L of water, I ate from 2-8pm and I did 40 min on the stairmaster. So all my goals achieved for today! My calories were low I'm sure but my food choices were not that great...
Hope you're all doing better than me!

geoblewis 06-27-2011 10:57 PM

Okay, I'm done eating too. I hope. I'm feeling quite satisfied at the moment, and I succeeded staying under my upper limit. Pretty proud of myself!

Now I need to hold it together until bedtime. Two more hours!

bleujean 06-28-2011 12:06 AM

Hi gals! Had a great day today. I did a water fast to give my liver a break (this weekend was two nights of barhopping with my champion irish BFF followed by binge eating after, gross!). I was going to forego coffee but I was at work being useless so I relented and had a cup. Tomorrow I'll have an easy day of raw vegg and coffee. I feel great and so glad ya'll are here too. Feels like I've hit the 'reset' button :)

runningmum 06-28-2011 04:51 AM

Hi Everybody... So first day of the challenge... I did well!...

- Had to wait until 7 to eat; had some fruits and then diner, chicken with coco milk and curry + green salad with lite dressing + milk chocolate (oups... ) Finished eating around half past 8.
- Did'nt walk 4 miles, but more around 3. But I went to the gym: lifted weight (upper body) and spent 75 minutes on treadmill/stationary cycle/starmaster (while fasting)

... Have a nice day today, looking forward to reading all your reports!

sniperhil 06-28-2011 08:03 AM

First day of challenge (yesterday) and I did well. I surprised myself by jogging my planned route w/o walking (it's 1.6 miles). I haven't jogged seriously in years, so my goal was to keep the jog going and not worry about speed or distance too much.

My eating went well and I actually tried a new dish last nite. I cooked marinated chicken breast with a bit of whole grain spaghetti and asparagus, mushroom, and red onion. Delish. My husband loved it too, so that's a plus. It was sooo hard to quit eating when it was time. I didn't eat after my window, but it was hard. My cals were in at 1231, which is great.

Hope you're not getting sick Fassgal! Good luck today!

FassGal 06-28-2011 09:27 AM

:yay: sniperhil on your first successful day on the challenge!
NO, I'm not getting sick, and if I am I'm gonna ignore it. I don't have time for sickness; I have a fitness competition to win! BTW what made you say that?

FassGal 06-28-2011 09:28 AM

Day 2

Day 2: :yay:

Workout - 315 minutes - walk 280 minutes; cardio salsa dvd (35 mins)

1:45 pm - BK Bacon Cheddar Ranch Tendercrisp sandwich (no onions)
I did a 24 hour fast without trying! :woohoo: My last meal was at 1:20 pm yesterday. I can honestly say that I haven't been hungry since that last meal until about an hour before I ate this sandwich (which was 900 calories of yummy goodness! Now that I've eaten it, I will not have it again anytime soon)

9:15 pm - rice, veggie salad with craisins, no dressing and tiny black plum with multivitamin.
I wasn't hungry, but I have a long night tonight so I ate a little bit since I can and to prevent thinking about food later tonight. I know that I am done. I'll brush my teeth and continue working. I am so very thankful to be gainfully employed; I must work hard to stay that way!

Monique 06-28-2011 12:42 PM

Morning, ladies! Day one went great for me. I could have done better with the water drinking but it's all good.

Khat, feel better and no worries...there is always room for improvement.

I was given a large chocolate chip cookie this morning and I was good and wrapped it in plastic for when my fast is over.

Everyone keep up the good work.

Monique

mypinkpolkadot 06-28-2011 12:56 PM

I didn't get to eat till 5 yesterday (was suppose to be 2..but i was working alone and busy! yay for people calling in sick!)

I did an hour and half at the gym..mainly cardio. and stopped eating at like 9:30...

Didn't have a rockstar! So all in all a good day, just had to adjust my hours a bit. =)

khat 06-28-2011 01:01 PM

Monique, thanks and good job avoiding that cookie :) I think you will enjoy it even more later!

I'm having a dilemma. I started my window at 2pm, had lunch at 3pm. But now I'm going for a run at 8.30 pm because it's so damn hot I have to wait for the temperature to come down. I think I should definetly eat something after, but then I'll be out of my goal eating window. Maybe just some fruit or something?

I weighed in today and I'm 0.1 pound away from my mini goal I didn't achieve last week.. C'mooooooon fat go awaaaay!!!

geoblewis 06-28-2011 01:47 PM

I am on the cusp of the 200s, again. Weighed in at 300 lbs this morning. I am grateful for participating in this challenge! It's what kept me on track yesterday.

Today I have a class in Sacramento, so I'm planning to take food with me. I tend to make stupid food choices when on the road, because I get edgy on the road. I may eat a big salad before I leave, just to make sure I don't get tempted on the way. And I'll have something delicious waiting for my dinner when I get back, so I can focus on something I want. And I'll bring iced tea for the road.

I've not exercised yet this week. Pilates tonight when I get back. Hoping it'll help me sleep later. My sleep cycle is all messed up!