3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   September 20th CHALLENGE! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/236209-september-20th-challenge.html)

ClaireBear92 06-24-2011 01:08 PM

i felt worked after about 40 minutes when i had been on a high resistance, but i recovered much faster than normal..maybe thats a good thing! maybe my recovery time is speeding up because im getting into better shape. I love the idea of intervals...i think that would be a great way to push myself.

TheBunneh 06-24-2011 01:41 PM

Quicker recovery is definitely a sign of fitness improvement. =)

ClaireBear92 06-24-2011 08:24 PM

2 Day Until Weigh In Ladies! Keep Eachother Motivated! And Hit Those Gyms! Lets Lose Lose Lose Those Pounds!

iamerican 06-24-2011 10:06 PM

Motivate ClaireBear!!!!

What are peoples tips on eating healthy on the weekends and with alcohol?

Thing1 06-25-2011 12:20 AM

I'll take all the motivation I can get! oh and by the way kudos to all you guys doing the 30DS... OW! started that today as punishment for an epic binge last night lol Had one of "those" talks with my BF and before you know it im parked on the couch with a bowl of fried pasta dipped in chocolate and covered in cheese and ice cream.... Ok bit of an exaggeration but still not healthy. Oh well back on the wagon today and soooo sore. Can't wait til Monday! :)

iamerican 06-25-2011 12:31 AM

Thing1: Glad to see you back on the wagon. I did day 4 today, and man, am I sore. Still, there was major improvement in my workout today. Small gains. Good luck with JM tomorrow!

Thing1 06-25-2011 12:31 AM

iamerican, I found in the past (aka: when i used to be healthy) that my body responded really well to a cleanse the day after indulging in a couple of drinks. I've never actually been drunk so i can't advise on hangovers and I will NEVER go in for any of that induced vomiting celebrity cleanse crap but a "take-it-easy" day with limited solids and lots and lots of cranberry juice always did wonders for me - Just make absolutely sure you're not starving or getting light headed

Thing1 06-25-2011 12:33 AM

LOL and thanks for the well wishes, if i can hall my butt out of bed tomorrow i'll let Jillian beat me up again :)

ClaireBear92 06-25-2011 02:19 AM

iamerican the best thing you can do when drinking alcohol and trying to lose weight...is drink as much as water as possible before, after, and during. This will help your body with removing the alcohol from your system...if you calorie count you might have to eat fruit instead of a carb earlier in the day to make up for the calories gained int he drink. But you dont have to give it up all together!

Just got back from the gym and the intervals worked! I did intervals of sprinting/jogging/speed walking for 35 minutes and it kicked my butt! then did some weight training afterwards and my whole body is sore...but in a good way!

OH! and SUSHI is a great diet food! low in calories and high in protein...its an acquired taste..but if you love it than its a great way to still go out with friends..and eat super healthy =]

TheBunneh 06-25-2011 10:34 AM

iamerican - I've decided alcohol just isn't worth it, so I don't drink anymore (though I never drank much to begin with). I will occasionally have a margarita on a very special occasion, because I love them.

Thing1 - Good for you for getting right back on the wagon! One slip up is hardly ever a set back, it's when we let it take away our desire to keep working hard.

ClaireBear - I'm really glad the intervals worked for you!

I had a great workout yesterday. Today I'm probably going hiking, which will be fun! I was 162.6 yesterday and today, so I think I should be good for the weigh-in. :)

lagorditadecolorado 06-25-2011 11:15 AM

Okay ClaireBear, I'm gonna jump in on this one too :)

this week has been a great one and I'm having to redo my goals a week bit on my Nov 1st challenge, might as well get in on this action too :)

I'm gonna say roughly...
July 20: 220
Aug 20: 210
Sep 20: 199 lol

That actually completely changes my Nov 1st goal and I'm not complaining about that one bit! :D

ClaireBear92 06-25-2011 04:38 PM

lagorditadecolorado welcome to this challenge too! Im so happy that you've bumped up your weight loss goals by 1 1/2 months! that is amazing! you will be a great motivator for these girls.

ANNOUNCMENT:
Tomorrow is the start of weigh in ladies! you have until Monday night to post your weight to be put on the weight loss chart. there are some very cute awards =] and these awards will be given out weekly! I will also be calculating our weight loss as a whole. and ive split us up into 2 different colored teams...because when we all start to hit a rough patch or a plateau in july or august, i think it would be great to have a team challenge!!! to keep everyone pumped and motivated. so remember to WEIGH IN! So you can be rewarded for your good work and so i can track your weigh loss accurately =]]] stay motivated ladies! hit those gyms tonight! and get on those scales tomorrow!

Thing1 06-25-2011 08:27 PM

Wow ClaireBear you're really on top of this! awesome!

So I thought my goal was gonna be the start of my classes on Sept. 26th but just today I heard back from the school I really REALLY wanted to go to and they accepted me to start AUGUST 22! So even more motivation I guess - gonna work way harder than i planned and just maybe get to some of those goals a little bit sooner - still sticking with my original goal of 172 for September but this is a great motivator to get there.
Good luck tomorrow and Monday everyone! Can't wait to see where everybody is at :)

orcagrrrl2003 06-26-2011 01:14 AM

Ohhh can I join?? Hi to everyone, school bound or otherwise! Sept 14th I start my second year of nursing school, and I am already stressed! But my biggest issue is they changed our scrubs from these nice, comfortable brown ones to these really ugly, stiff white and black sets. They are not flattering at all! I need to at least drop a few :) before getting into those ugly scrubs! Can't wait to get to know all of you!

SW: 282.2
GW: 243.2

mayness 06-26-2011 11:13 AM

Weighed this morning...

Down 1.2 lbs from my starting weight. Which I think was technically less than a week ago. Nice!