Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #1  
Soon We'll Be Complete

Exclamation Lose the Weight in 2011, Gain a Baby in 2012

JOIN US AT ANY TIME

The title says it all. This challenge is for anyone, of any start weight looking to lose pounds in order to be in a healthy weight range when they begin to try and conceive in 2011 for a baby to be born in 2012.

My personal side to this challenge is to lose 10lbs a month through the month of August 2011. We will begin to TTC during my cycle of Aug, hopefully God willing conceiving in Aug, Sept, Oct for a May-July 2012 Due Date

Ladies that are currently riding the Baby Dust Train

MyBodyisMyTemple

Topsy81

Peaches5577

Losing4another

treezuk

angeluv

Bridezilla

MonsterMuffinTop

Wantabetterme

Change

SpunkyStar01

Willow324

Lily In Bloom

Milasmommy87

JourneytoMe

Opheliaphoenix

Emme

Chickadee32

flsunbmr

Skygirl

Rebecca85

CocoLoco

Gale02

Mrsralphie

NYAGirl

Skinniibrittany

Ladies Already on the Pregnancy Roller Coaster

19DeltaWifey Due in October 2011
aasshhlleeyy

Here is my personal tracking that I'll update every week.

January
01-07: -5lbs
08-15:-3lbs
16-23::-2lbs
24-31: -0 Stupid ice storm

Total For January:-10lbs!!!

Last edited by Just1More; 03-20-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Just1More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:32 AM   #2  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Count me in!

Although I won't be trying to conceive until late 2012, I have a lot of work to do before then.

My goal is to lose (and keep off) 50 lbs this year. Anything more is a super bonus!

I'm using a similar tracking already, so I'll keep track in my siggy.

We can do this!

Last edited by MyBodyisMyTemple; 01-12-2011 at 12:37 AM.
MyBodyisMyTemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

Can I join, we are going to ttc after our wedding in may, I cant wait

I would like to loose 2-3lbs a week, not sure if I can, but will give it a go, I joined the gym last week and am loving the cross trainer Also did my first spinning class on sat and my legs still ache from it!!!

Week 1 Weigh-in (1/12): 202.8 lbs
Week 2 Weigh-in (1/19): 205.8 +3
Week 3 Weigh-in (1/26): 205 ;(
Week 4 Weigh-in (2/2): 204
Week 5 Weigh-in (2/9): 202.4 just lower than when I started!!
Week 6 Weigh-in (2/16):
Week 7 Weigh-in (2/23):
Week 8 Weigh-in (3/2):
Week 9 Weigh-in (3/9):
Week 10 Weigh-in (3/16):
Week 11 Weigh-in (3/23):
Week 12 Weigh-in (3/30):
Week 13 Weigh-in (4/6):

Last edited by topsy81; 02-13-2011 at 12:23 PM.
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #4  
Soon We'll Be Complete

Welcome ladies! Thanks for joining in

Can I ask what your strategies are for dieting and excersize?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #5  

Hi hun,

I am trying to count cals 1300-1500 ish a day, but I am also changing it about a bit, also trying NOT to eat pasta, rice, bread ect in the eve. Just have meat or fish and tons of veggies I am also trying to get 2L of fluid in a day, i know its supposed to be water and if it was the summer, it would be but its like 5 c here today brr!!!! So i am drinking green and white tea, with 1 coffee and tea a day.

I joined the gym last week and have been going every other day. I have been burning 300 cals each time on the bikes, treadmill and cross trainer. I have 3 induction sessions where they show you how to use it all, so as I want to tone up a bit, ok a lot then i am hoping they will show me how to use the weights and stuff and I can add these in. On the day i dont go to the gym my fiance is helping me do sit ups, I can only do 10 at the mo LOL!!!

If I can I would like to looses 2-3 lbs a week, not sure if I can do that, but I am up for giving it a go!!!

How about you hun, what are you doing?
xxx

Last edited by topsy81; 01-12-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #6  
Soon We'll Be Complete

I'm doing the LapBand Post Surgery Diet.

It has 5 phases and it's for people who have had the surgery so it is healthy to follow for people who are grossly over weight, like myself.

Phase 1: Clear Liquids 3 days

Phase 2: Semi-Liquids and smoothie consistancy foods

Phase 3: Liquids and soft solids (like scrambled eggs and tuna salad)

Phase 4: Everything from above, plus solid protiens like turkey and chicken.

Phase 5: Healthy eating 1,200-1,500 calories a day of protiens and veg/fruits. Little to no sodium and sugars, as well as NO processed foods.

I don't have time for excersize right now, but as soon as warmer weather gets here I will be able to add excersize in. But for now I'm working 50-60hrs a week and taking care of my son when I'm home, so I'm focusing on the dieting part first and I'll tackle the excersize when I sit phases 5 in 10-12 weeks.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #7  

Wow, 50-60 hours a week, what do you do hun? I would think you burn sevral cals doing that many hours anyway.

What phase are you on now?

I tried a liquid fast, but only lasted a day. You should be proud of yourself.

Good luck, looking forward to keeping up with your results Off to they gym for a workout and then my first pilates class

xx
Old 01-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186.0/186.0/140

Height: 5"6"

Count me in! We havent set an actual date to try to concieve but it is in the plans and I would like to be in the best shape possible when it does. Both weight wise and physical strength. As well as nutritionally. Its funny how your motivation increases when you think about what your body has to offer a little person :-)
My goal is to lose another 26.2 lbs and workout cardio 4+ times a week plus weight train 3+ times a week. I am sticking to a low glycemic diet with emphasis on whole grains, and following the clean eating plan.
Peaches5577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #9  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Would like to join in too! I'm hoping to start TTC in Feb I'm going to keep trying to lose while TTC. I joined weigh watchers also hoping the having to weigh in in front of someone will keep me honest with the scale... I hide from it when I know I'm not eating well. My goal is to get under 200 but my main goal is to eat healthier and exercise regularly while TTC and pregnancy
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:46 AM   #10  
Reclaiming control!

Hi ladies!!! Here's some *BABYDUST* for all of us that are/will be ttc within the next year or so!

My plans are to focus on eating proportionate meals, not overeating (which I have a tendency to without realizing it), and to get some physical activity most days of the week.

I am looking into different activities that I can incorporate into my program to keep it exciting and to also give me options so that my body doesn't get used to a regular program.

I have a lot of weight to lose, but I want to get my body prepared for my baby! Peaches that is soooo true about how motivation increases when you think of getting healthy for the little bundle of joy! LOL.

I, too, am also trying to lose 2-3 lbs per week. I will NOT beat myself up if I only lose 1 lb, or mabye even 0... I will use those moments to reevaluate my program and see how I can tweak it to make it better.

ok, enough rambling for now
Old 01-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #11  
Soon We'll Be Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsy81 View Post
Wow, 50-60 hours a week, what do you do hun? I would think you burn sevral cals doing that many hours anyway.

What phase are you on now?

I tried a liquid fast, but only lasted a day. You should be proud of yourself.

Good luck, looking forward to keeping up with your results Off to they gym for a workout and then my first pilates class

xx
I try not to talk about my work online, however I work in the education field. I work from 7:30am to 6:00pm M-Th and then 7:30-4:00pm Fri. But it's in an office type enviroment, so I'm sitting most of the day.

I'm in phase 2, phase 1 only lasts 2-3days so it was brutal, but it helped flush alot of water weight off and stuff. I allowed myself orange juice, ice tea, milk, water and some Quaker rice cakes. Now I've moved on to allowing myself some dried fruits and nuts with no added salt, rice cakes, prunes, scrambled eggs and ketchup. I however need to do this phase for 10-14days. Wish me luck!

And good luck too you going to the gym and to pilates class! I'm jealous!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #12  
Soon We'll Be Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing4another View Post
Would like to join in too! I'm hoping to start TTC in Feb I'm going to keep trying to lose while TTC. I joined weigh watchers also hoping the having to weigh in in front of someone will keep me honest with the scale... I hide from it when I know I'm not eating well. My goal is to get under 200 but my main goal is to eat healthier and exercise regularly while TTC and pregnancy
GOOD LUCK L4A!!!

My goal is to get to 179 ATLEAST before we start TTC on August. I got pregnant last year when I was 238lb and I didn't gain any weight until I was 30 weeks pregnant (that's the only good news for us heavy chicks is we normally don't gain much if any weight during pregnancy). I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and put on bedrest and then hosptial bedrest and had my son at 35weeks because of the highblood pressure. I want to be in better cardiovascular shape and a lower less at risk weight. Even though skinny chicks get PreEclampsia too, being obese doesn't help. It was the scariest time of my life. Which is the motivating factor for me right now. I don't eat anything with more than 50mgs of salt in it. I even have salt free ketchup, you can't really tell. I didn't tell you any of this to scare you, I'm just sharing my story because it's part of my healing process, I've had alot of issues since the traumatic birth of our son, it was really hard on me. I just can't imagine bringing another life into this world until my body is healthier, if anything bad happened like PreE again and I had to deliver a micro preimee I'd blame myself.

Enough debbie downer, back to crazy inspirational carrot man
Old 01-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #13  
Soon We'll Be Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches5577 View Post
Count me in! We havent set an actual date to try to concieve but it is in the plans and I would like to be in the best shape possible when it does. Both weight wise and physical strength. As well as nutritionally. Its funny how your motivation increases when you think about what your body has to offer a little person :-)
My goal is to lose another 26.2 lbs and workout cardio 4+ times a week plus weight train 3+ times a week. I am sticking to a low glycemic diet with emphasis on whole grains, and following the clean eating plan.

GO GO GO GIRL! THAT PLAN SOUNDS AWESOME!!! And very realistic!

After you loose the weight and become pregnant remember you only need an extra 300 calories a day during pregnancy accompained with a prenatal vitamin. So anywhere from 1,800 - 2,300 calories is all you need. This will keep your weight gain of fat to a minimum, but the average woman gains 35-40lbs in baby weight, fluid, placenta and all the good stuff.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

Hey this is a great thread..I don't have an actual baby timeline yet but i'd like to get pregnant towards the end of this year and i'd love to do it without a bunch of additional weight
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #15  
Reclaiming control!

Angel welcome aboard the BABYDUST TRAIN (Just, I love that by the way!)! I don't have a baby timeline either but I'm hoping to conceive next year sometime.

What are your goals for weight loss/fitness?