3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Autumn Beauties June Check-In (Everyone is Welcome to Join!!) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/234456-autumn-beauties-june-check-everyone-welcome-join.html)

GettinFit 05-31-2011 09:41 AM

Autumn Beauties June Check-In (Everyone is Welcome to Join!!)

June is already upon us. Everyone is welcome to jump right in with your goals for the month of June. Let's set our goals and work really hard to reach them:D I hope we all have a great month!!!

June's Challenge:

1. Set a simple weight loss goal for the month of June ~ if you don't feel comfortable setting a weight loss goal, feel free to set a different weight-loss/eating goal (i.e. I will stay at or below 1800 calories every day, etc.)
2. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to work-out in June.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THIS THREAD and check in with us. This is important and a great way to stay on track.
4. Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do!

Bonuses (Should You Choose To Accept Them…)
On the days that you don't exercise:
•Pick 2 or 3 songs and just dance around to them. Your heart rate will be up and jumping for 10 minutes and you'll feel great (who doesn't like to burn off some energy/steam through dancing?!), or

•Park a little farther away from anywhere you go on that day (work, store, etc), or

•Do both!!

Alright everyone, Let's rock it during June
:cb:

GettinFit 05-31-2011 09:44 AM

My Goals for June are:

1. Stick to eating right and watch the sodium
2. Walk 45 miles this month and do at least 4 Firms a week
3. Post here daily
4. Try more recipes
5. Stay on track every single weekend in the month

Emme 05-31-2011 10:21 AM

I am in! Ah, June...

Goals for this month:

1) Lose 5 pounds which would put me at 169
2) Do some kind of exercise 5 times a week
3) I usually check in every day
4) To stay on track and focus when I get exhausted -- that's when I tend to break down and have piglet moments. :)

patchworkpenguin 05-31-2011 10:35 AM

1, make better choices when I eat. I've been slipping, LOL
2, exercise but be more active overall
3, check in daily with food and exercise
4, thinking.... I'm sure there's something else I could do

Uneventful weekend for us. Mostly stuck around the house trying to get stuff done.

I tried adding more protein to my diet for a few weeks and gained so I went back to what I was doing before, I feel better even though its only been a few days. We did eat out a few times this weekend. TOM is next week but I already feel bloated and grumpy. :mad:

TooManyDimples 05-31-2011 04:44 PM

May flew by! June is going to be an interesting month for me. I'm going to be on vacation from the 10th to the 21st so my goals will be a little less ambitious then usual.

Goals for June:
Lose 6lbs
Exercise all weekdays accept for while on vacation
Eat on plan foods daily
100+ oz of water a day

Tomorrow is my weighin of course! I'm also going to take new pictures and my measurements. Unless somethings gone completely wrong I should be in the 220's tomorrow! =)

patchworkpenguin 05-31-2011 05:02 PM

I did 40min UB weights followed by 30 min steady state on the TM. I think I'm going to try a short weight workout followed by the treadmill for a while and see what I think, it might be a good way to sneak some more cardio in.

bama girl 05-31-2011 05:05 PM

I'd like to jump in here, if y'all don't mind! I need accountability SO badly.

My goals for June are:
1. Say goodbye to the 130's-- as a stretch, potentially hit the 10-lb mark of 127.4
2. I would love to work out every day, but that is not realistic so I will say 5 days a week
3. I will check in 6 days a week, giving myself an off day, just in case.
4. I made a binder to track my progress/goals, so my goal for June is to actually USE it!

konfyoozed 06-01-2011 12:59 AM

i am definitely in for june! june should be fairly easy. the only 'off plan' days on the calendar are june 3 and 6. hubby's birthday, and his first day at a new job. so we've got a dinner and a movie date on his birthday + his favorite (super off plan) meal slated for monday to celebrate.

i'm gonna set the same goals as last month.

1. weight goal: i would LOVE to get to 260 by the end of june.
2. workout at least 15 times (3x per week), try for 20 (4x per week)
3. Visit every day!
4. drink over 80oz of water per day
5. stay between 1600-1800 calories per day

TooManyDimples 06-01-2011 08:38 AM

Well I did it, even if just barely. 229.2 this morning! I was hoping to be a little more firmly into the 220's, but I can not be anything but happy. I haven't been in the 220's since I was probably 19 or 20. It's an 8.6lb loss for the month. Only down 2.2 since the 15th.. Hopefully things will pick back up a little this month. My goal is just 6lbs for the month so if I can get 3 before my vacation, maintain while I'm on vacation, and then 3 after I'll be happy.

I'm doing my midmonth weighin early since I'll be on vacation on the 15th. We're leaving on the 10th so I'm going to weighin that morning when I get up.

I hope everyone has a great month!

Emme 06-01-2011 10:19 AM

Kim ~ Awesome!! You are officially in the 220s! :cheer: I'm sure you'll have a great month!

bama girl ~ Welcome! Great goals!

Mandy ~ Good lookin' goals! I hope June is a good month for you!

I hope everyone else is doing great -- it's bright and sunny here today. We have to dig five 2' x 2' holes for trees this week, so I am going to be chipping away at that tonight (but I might plant some bushes that we have because that's a little easier!).

Tricia Fierce 06-01-2011 11:49 AM

I'm in for the challenge!

Last May I didn't do as well as I wanted to BUT I believe I did better than I probably would have if not for the challenge. My goals for this month are:

1. Check in here daily
2. State my daily affirmations
3. Count my PointsPlus values (PPV), daily
4. Attend WeightWatchers meetings, weekly.
5. Continue with Insanity challenge 6x a week.
6. Make it into the 210's!
7. 5 fruits/veggie servings a day, minimum.

About the last challenge to myself - looking back at my journal I see that, while I might have been eating my target PPV daily I just wasn't eating enough of the green stuff, which is likely why I maintained in May. That changes, today! I'm on vacation right now so I have the opportunity to transition my refrigerator and pantry for the challenge and I am going to take advantage!

Congrats to everyone for challenging themselves, and for the progress you've already made!

patchworkpenguin 06-01-2011 12:00 PM

Bama Girl, Welcome, good to have you join us.

Kim, congrats on the 220's! :dance: Where are you going on vacation?

Tricia, good job on maintaining anyway. I hear you on the more fruits and veggies. I'm trying to eat more of those myself.

Mandy, congrats on Hubby's new job! Whats the meal?

Emme, enjoy the planting!

Lower body and cardio planned for today, as well as laundry {yes, more!}, knitting and various other housework.

bama girl 06-01-2011 12:02 PM

Wooooohoooooo! I dropped almost 4 lbs of water weight overnight! I love the human body's response to rehydrating... so this puts me at 133.6 this morning. I do expect it to probably fluctuate, but that's ok.

GettinFit 06-01-2011 02:30 PM

UGHHHHH!!!! I posted this morning but it's not here and I know I hit submit reply. Oh well, I'll try and remember what I typed!

:welcome: to the group bama girl and WAY TO GO on such an awesome start to your weight loss journey.

Kim - Congrats on making the 220s. You did an awesome job losing 8.6 pounds last month.

Emme - Have fun digging & planting. That should be a good upper body workout :lifter:

Penguin & Mandy I hope you're having a great day!

Lisa & Monique - We haven't heard from you in a while and I hope you ladies are doing okay.

My May was okay. My total loss for the month was 5.8 and I lost 15.5 inches. I only lost 1 inch off the waist and since this is my problem area, I really need to do more ab work this month. I'm also aiming for 7 pounds this month so that means I need to stay 100% OP over the weekends. I am also upping my exercise this month.

Have a great afternoon everyone :)

Emme 06-01-2011 02:33 PM

GettinFit ~ Wow ~ 5.8 pounds lost is awesome!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/cheer.gif And the inches?!?! Holy moly!!!

patchworkpenguin 06-01-2011 04:28 PM

I did 60min LB/cardio today. The cardio was built into the lowerbody DVD so I didn't have to add it afterwards.

TooManyDimples 06-01-2011 07:30 PM

Penguin ~ We're going to visit my mom in Florida. She lives near Orlando so we're doing Disney and SeaWorld. My daughter is pretty excited.

GettinFit ~ Way to go on all those inches lost!

I hope everyone had a great day!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Reporting:
1st ~ Kickboxing, 30 minute workout. Ate on plan. 130oz water.

micheleahsc 06-01-2011 08:45 PM

I am really hoping that my jumping in is okay. I'm highly motivated to lose weight right now and I'm a little worried I'll slack off again.

1) I would like to lose 15lbs this month. Since I'm just starting out again, I'm hoping that this is attainable.

2) I would like to start recording my food intake and exercise.

3) I would like to come at least 6 days.

4) I would like to exercise at least 6 days. I'm trying to start with 20 minutes of the spinner and work up to 40 minutes by the end of the month.

Emme 06-01-2011 08:52 PM

Hi Michele! Welcome to the board!! Your goals look awesome -- this is a great thread because we all count on each other and encourage each other along the way. Some days are super for us, some days are "the norm", some days just plain stink (maybe someone had a tired day, or an overeating day, etc.), but we are all here for each other to lean on! :)

GettinFit 06-01-2011 09:30 PM

:welcome: Michele. It's nice to have you join us. Just jump right in with your posts. Like Emme said, we're all here to encourage each other along this journey.

I had a pretty good day. Ate good and did a 45 minute Firm workout and did a quick 20 min walk at work.

Have a great evening everyone

GettinFit 06-01-2011 09:38 PM

My Daily Journal

Today's journal

25 Points Avail
31 Used
35 Bonus Points Avail
(Used 4 Bonus pts)
29 left

B: McD oatmeal, coffee w/creamer (6pts)
L: grilled chicken (5pts) collards (0) granola bars (4pts)
S:Yocrunch yogurt (2pts)
D: Subway sub (8pts) lf strawberry tart (4pts)
Exercise: Firm Ultimate Fat Burning Workout & walked 20 mins

pattypaw 06-02-2011 12:55 AM

May seemed to fly by, so here we go for june....

I want to lose at least 5 pounds this month
I will exercise 5 days a week (i slacked on it in may big time)
I'll check in as often as possible
I'm going to work really hard this month staying on plan on those dreaded weekends

konfyoozed 06-02-2011 12:57 AM

penguin: the meal for the hubby is a skillet meal. browned, chunked potatoes and onions sauteed in olive oil then polish sausage sliced and browned. mix it all up then add a side of mac n cheese. i'll make a huge salad to go with, and hopefully won't overdo too much (but it is really tasty).

today i checked my weight, 270.1lbs. meaning. only 2.2lbs up from the day before my wedding (267.9lbs) i can SO handle that!

goals:

1. weight goal: today's weigh in 270.1 (goal 260)
2. workout at least 15 times (3x per week), try for 20 (4x per week) (0/15)
3. Visit every day! (here i am!)
4. drink over 80oz of water per day (104.5oz)
5. stay between 1600-1800 calories per day (1641 calories)

GettinFit 06-02-2011 09:06 AM

Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone's day is going good so far.

Mandy - Your meal sounds so yummy! I'm sure you'll get rid of the 2.2 soon.

Yesterday I didn't drink enough water because I was so busy at work and forgot to drink it. Today I will be sure to drink more than enough. I am so ready to get below 219.

Have a great Thursday everyone.

GettinFit 06-02-2011 09:17 AM

My Journal for 6/2

Today's Journal

25 pts
29 Bonus pts left
Total pts 24.5

B: McD Oatmeal (5) coffee (2)
L: 1/4 Subway sub (3.5) cucumber & tomato w/vinegar (0) 100 cal cookies (2)
S: mandarin oranges (1) greek yogurt (3)
D: 3 small BBQ ribs (6) collards (0) 2 dark choc (2)

bama girl 06-02-2011 11:35 AM

GettinFit - Wow, your meal plan sounds really good right now! I'm lazy and just woke up (perks of still being in college, I guess), so I'm debating on whether I should go ahead and try to cram in breakfast at 11:30 AM or skip it and just move on with the day. I'm kind of thinking the latter, but I don't want to purposely underdo my calories.

Despite having an unfortunate encounter with a 4 oz. block of cheese last night, I weighed in this morning at 132.4, which makes a 5 lb loss since I started weighing in on Monday. I'm going to go ahead and blame the amount of water I've been drinking, and I think when my body gets used to it, things will level off a bit. :)

Monique 06-02-2011 01:04 PM

Good morning, Beauties! Dropping in to say hello. I'm still around...just apparently, not as talented as many of you are when it comes to keeping up with multiple threads. LOL. Plus, I got such much going on in my life. I have a mother with M.S. plus she has paranoia on the side which some M.S. patients get right along with the M.S.

Right now she's in one of her paranoia episodes where she's been targeting me and accusing me of stealing her things, etc. It's really tough to have your mom thinking I'm doing things I'm not but I know she can't help it. But anyway, so yeah, I'm kind of dealing with that right now.

Even though I won't be much of a participant around here, I'll always be around and I'll drop in to say hi sometimes.

Take care, ladies.

Monique

Emme 06-02-2011 01:07 PM

Monique ~ I am so, so sorry to hear about your mom and what is going on with her M.S. and paranoia. Although it's not the same thing, my great-aunt had dementia and she was very paranoid and accused people of things, and it was tough to watch...and she was my great-aunt...I can't imagine what it's like to watch your mom go through this. You are both in my prayers. :hugs:

littlebumblebee 06-02-2011 04:30 PM

My Goals for June

1. To use my "30 day Shred" everyday for the month of June.
2. I will eat healthy every single day.
3. I will keep a food journal.
4. I will check in on this thread every Friday.

patchworkpenguin 06-02-2011 04:59 PM

I did 35 min of upper body weights followed by 35min of plyometrics cardio.

Monique, very sorry to hear about your mom. Drop in when you can and take care of yourself.

Bee, welcome, glad to have you join us.

Bama, I'm rarely hungery right when I wake up so I like to wait for a while which isn't always practical.

Mandy, dinner sounds good.

TooManyDimples 06-02-2011 08:45 PM

Welcome Michele! Good luck with your goals this month. =)

Hey Monique. Sorry to hear about your mom. My MIL has MS so I know it can be hard. I hope things get better and you have a great month.

I had a good day. I spent the whole morning cleaning and then I went for a walk with my family this evening. I need to work on getting my exercise going stronger again.

Hope everyone had a good day!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Report:
6/1 ~ Kickboxing, 30 minute workout. Ate on plan. 130oz water.
6/2 ~ 20 minute walk. Ate on plan. 156oz water.

micheleahsc 06-02-2011 09:06 PM

Thanks so much to everyone for the warm welcome!

I'm still getting myself together foodwise. My stomach is usually upset in the mornings (its always been this way), so I've gotten out of the habit of eating in the morning. I've been making myself a breakfast shake, which has been going really well. I'm still working on the food log. I have one made up from my last attempt to lose weight, but it had problems. I think I'll work on fixing it up tomorrow and trying to use the new version.

I used the spinner bike for 20 minutes on Tuesday and Wednesday, and am planning on getting back on this evening after I post. I spent an hour today playing with the kids in the pool, about three hours cleaning up a back area of the library at school (I'm the school librarian) on Wednesday and about five hours cleaning and moving furniture at home on Tuesday.

Ferumbras 06-02-2011 09:30 PM

I'm late joining, but I hope that's okay!

1. Get down to 162
2. Average 30 minutes of exercise a day each week
3. I'll visit this thread every day, but will commit to posting 5 times a week
4. Stay on plan with my eating, especially while out of town next week

So far, I'm down to 172.2 and have done c25k, 30 DS, and kickboxing thus far in June.

GettinFit 06-02-2011 10:22 PM

Good evening ladies,

Monique - I'm sorry to hear about your mom and what you're having to deal with. I hope things bet better soon. So nice for you to check in with us too. We do miss your posts.

Welcome Ferumbras and littlebumblebee. It's nice to have you join the group. I look forward to hearing about your successes.

I hope everyone else enjoys the rest of the evening.

Grace73 06-03-2011 07:30 AM

My Goals for June are:

1. Keep eating less, and with better quality..
2. Drink 8 glasss of water a day
3. NO bread/Carbs after 8 pm..
4. Work out in some form 1 time a day..

This past week i lost 4 pounds!! just with these changes. I know won be like this every week!! but its a start!! Happy JUne Everyone!

GettinFit 06-03-2011 08:55 AM

Happy Friday everyone:D

Friday - Great job!!! You're off to a great start. Keep up the great work.

I'm so happy to be in a groove now. I just need to do everything possible to stay here. That means sticking to my plans for the month.

I was down 1 pound this week. I was hoping for more but I'm happy that at least the scale is going down.

I did a Hip Hop Abs workout before work and I may try and do something else after work.

Have a great OP day ladies.

Emme 06-03-2011 11:22 AM

'Morning everyone! Welcome to the newbies! Your goals look great! :)

Friday ~ Kick butt on the poundage drop!

GettinFit ~ You are workin' it, girl! Keep up the good work!

My WI was this morning and I'm up 1.2 pounds from last week, but that's ok with me. I usually lose 1 pound a week and over the past two weeks I lost 4 pounds, so I think my body is just rebalancing itself. Onward and downward!

GettinFit 06-03-2011 11:38 AM

Emme - How's the planting coming? Are you close to being done? I'm sure that pound will be gone soon. You have done an awesome job!

My journal

25 Pts
29 Bonus Pts left

B: canteloupe (1pt) milk (2pts) coffee (1pt)
L: Lean Gourmet (4pts) salad w/feta & bacon bits & FF Raspberry vinaigrette dressing (4pts) 2 Chocs (2pts)
D: TBD
S: Special K protein snack bar (2pts)
Exercise: Hip Hop Abs

bama girl 06-03-2011 11:49 AM

I think I need to become more creative in my food choices, because GettinFit's food plans have made me HUNGRY frot the past 2 days!

Y'all, I do NOT want to exercise today. Buuut I need to. Boo.

No change at weigh-in this morning from yesterday, but I don't expect massive changes every day, so I'm just going to stay OP today and see what happens within the week :)

Emme 06-03-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GettinFit (Post 3876328)
Emme - How's the planting coming? Are you close to being done?

We're getting there! We still have 5 trees to plant, but they are not "little trees." The rootballs are 2 1/2 feet wide by 2 1/2 feet deep, so they are monstrous and three guys had trouble getting them into our backyard. So, we have to dig holes for those this weekend. It will be interesting! I will be sure to post photos when it's all done. :)