3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Autumn Beauties June Check-In (Everyone is Welcome to Join!!) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/234456-autumn-beauties-june-check-everyone-welcome-join.html)

Emme 06-08-2011 11:25 PM

Penguin ~ Hope your wrist is ok!

GettinFit ~ Nice work on the 3.5 miles!

CheerMom ~ Welcome! Awesome goals...I gave up Coke Zero for a few months and slowly started adding it back in...there's something about that fizz that I just love. Good luck to you! :)

TooManyDimples 06-09-2011 09:07 AM

Morning Ladies! I haven't been checking in as much since I've been so busy getting ready for our trip.

So I was planning on doing my mid-month weighin tomorrow morning before we leave, but we decided we're going to leave tonight instead. I got up this morning and did my weighin. 226.4! I realize that it's probably that low because I've been sick and everything, but it is so freakin awesome to see that! =) My highest weight ever was 275 in 2006 so that means I've lost almost 50lbs. I've been trying to do this for so long and I finally feel like I've figured out the perfect way to do it for me. I'm so excited to keep going.

So yeah, I have a busy day ahead and we're leaving late and then we'll be gone till the 22nd. I can hopefully maintain where I'm at because I'm completely planning on enjoying myself over the next week and a half. =)

I hope everyone does great while I'm gone. I wont be on much if at all, but I'll be sending you all happy vibes. Bye for now!

GettinFit 06-09-2011 09:27 AM

Good morning everyone,

Welcome Cheermom - I hope you stay motivated so that you can reach your goal. I look forward to reading about your successes. I'll be going on a cruise in Nov and I am working really hard so that I won't be as miserable as I was when I cruised last year. I was at my all time high then and was totally miserable. We can do it!!!

Kim - :bravo::cp: You are doing an awesome job. I can feel your excitement:D I hope you can maintain while you're vacationing. I hope you have a safe and fun trip too. We'll miss you.

I'm ready for another great OP day. I'm eating very light today because I've been eating way too much sodium this week. No processed foods for me today, only fresh.

I hope you all have a great Thursday ;)

Emme 06-09-2011 09:27 AM

Kim ~ Great job on the weigh-in! :cheer: Now you can relax and enjoy your vacation. Travel safely and have fun!

GettinFit ~ Eating fresh sounds delicious!

patchworkpenguin 06-09-2011 10:24 PM

I did Margaret Richard's Body Electric 60min workout DVD for the first time. It wasn't my favorite but was a good workout. I did the floorwork standing so my leg doesn't go numb that way, LOL. Margie spends time at the beginning of each segment demonstrating the exercise, not a huge amount of time, but I ended up waiting. yawn. I guess I could have done jacks or something productive.

Its almost TOM so I didn't weigh in.

My wrist is a lot better. I iced it, then wore a brace leftover from Hubby's ganglion cyst, but neither helped long term. What did help was sleeping with it curled under my chin. I do that in winter, because my hands are always cold, but not summer. I guess that's the difference.

Mandy, saw the thread of your wedding pictues and thought they were great!

Kim. great job. I like these big numbers.

CheerMom, welcome, glad to have you join us!

Emme 06-10-2011 09:15 AM

Good morning, ladies! I'm down 0.6 from last week and I'll take it. 8.6 more pounds until I am at goal.

I am going to have an OP (on-plan) weekend challenge this weekend. If anyone would like to join me, please do! Weekends are my hardest. If I have bad cravings or feel like pigging out, I am going to come to the board and start reading through things and posting. Hopefully that will help me.

I hope you all have a great day! :)

GettinFit 06-10-2011 11:50 AM

Good morning ladies,

Happy Friday :cb:

Emme - Seeing 100 pounds down on your ticker is so awesome and it motivates me to keep trying. I'm with you on the weekend challenge. I am totally committed to staying 100% OP. If I am going to reach my weight loss goal by the end of the year, I have to stay focused ALL week!

Penguin - Glad your wrist is feeling better.

I'm down to 217.0 today, a loss of 1.8 this week. I'm motivated to keep it going. I sure hope I don't hit a brick wall like I did back in Feb/March when I was stuck at 215 for about 2 months. That's what threw me off track and I ended up gaining back most of what I'd lost.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

patchworkpenguin 06-10-2011 12:43 PM

I have to say from experience that being stuck at the same weight is very discouraging. I feel like I"m working hard, sacrificing, doing everything 'right' and yet I still am not losing weight by numbers. I, and others, can see small differences in my body but its still very discouraging.

Emme 06-10-2011 01:08 PM

GettinFit ~ When you get to 215, don't pay attention to that number...it might stick in your head as the "bad" number that "did you in" the last time, so you shouldn't focus on it too much. Be excited when you hit 215 but then keep on movin' and don't focus on it! ;) You'll fly right by it!

Penguin ~ Don't get discouraged...hang in there! :) Weight loss isn't easy...if it was, everyone would be thin!

GettinFit 06-10-2011 01:14 PM

Penguin - I know just how you feel but hang in there! Maybe try some new things such as changing up you exercise or fluctuating your calories or limiting your sodium intake or drinking extra water. I regret not hanging in there and getting through my plateau back in March. It just added a few more months on to my journey. Had I stuck with it until I broke through my plauteau, I'd probably be at onederland now:mad: So no matter how long it take you to break through, just keep on working your program and don't give up. Believe me, you'll regret it if you do. :)

GettinFit 06-10-2011 01:18 PM

Thanks for the great advice Emme because it has been playing with my mind. I really wish I could make it to 216 and then go straight down to 214. I am staying positive that I won't plateau just yet. Now that it's summer, I'm doing way more exercise than I was when I got stuck there so hopefully, that's going to help too. Regardless, I'm sticking with it this time, even if the scale does come to a halt.

littlebumblebee 06-10-2011 06:11 PM

Wow, everyone is doing great.
I am sticking with my diet and exercise.

GettinFit, Emme, Kim and everyone who is losing.
Congratulations on your weightloss!

patchworkpenguin 06-10-2011 11:23 PM

I didn't feel very good today so no workout. I slept late and did a lot of knitting. I did give Apri her Spa Day {brushing and clipped claws} then get some laundry done, LOL. Why is there always laundry? Since we've kept April inside so much this spring becuse of her surgery, she's just now starting to shed her undercoat. Oh, Joy!

Eating was better today, probably has more to do with feeling bad than much effort of my part. Whatever works.

Gettin, and Emme thanks for the advice and pep talk!

Emme 06-11-2011 09:01 AM

Goooooooooooooooooood morning, ladies! ;) I'm feeling goofy today...probably b/c the hubby is gone in downtown Chicago all day for a conference, so I have a day to myself to do lots of fun little things!

My goal is to stay 100% OP within my calorie range of 1500-1650 this weekend. No ifs, ands, or buts about it! I will stay focused on the day and on my long-term goal of health!

I hope everyone has a great day...make it an OP day! :)

GettinFit 06-11-2011 10:56 AM

Good morning Emme & all who follow,

Emme - I hope you have a fun day :carrot:

Penguin
- I hope you're feeling better today.

Bumblebee - Great job staying OP!

Emme so far I'm staying OP and in control of what I'm eating. Last night I did excellent. I didn't even have my weekly wine treat. I think I ended up using around 23 points.

I did a 4 mile walk this morning at 6:30am and I will be doing a Firm workout later this afternoon to work my middle and upper body. I am also doing lots of house work this morning.

Today's Weight 216.6

My daily journal:

B: baked sweet potato fries (5pts) skim milk (2pts) coffee (1pt)
L: shrimp (2pts) roasted asparagus (1pt)
S: peanuts (2pts)
D: TBD
Exercise: walked 4 miles, Firm