3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Autumn Beauties June Check-In (Everyone is Welcome to Join!!) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/234456-autumn-beauties-june-check-everyone-welcome-join.html)

TooManyDimples 06-07-2011 07:55 PM

Hey everyone.

Yesterday was really horrible. I felt terrible so I ate very little, and it was more carb happy then usual. Oh well... Today I've felt a lot better. I still have some sinus pressure but I don't feel like I'm dying anymore. I didn't exercise because the energy just still isn't there, but I ate right and got plenty of fluid. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling even better.

I hope everyone had a great day!

GettinFit 06-07-2011 09:35 PM

Good evening ladies,

Penguin - I havent tried Tracie Long workouts. I'll check 'em out.

Kim - Glad you don't feel quite as bad. Good idea to avoid working out until you're over what you have.

I had a good day. Did a 3 mile walk at Stone Mountain and got all my water down.

I hope everyone else had a great day.

micheleahsc 06-07-2011 09:51 PM

Eating today was much better. I stayed OP, which I'm really happy with. I'm a school teacher, so I was a little worried about cheating when I was home near the fridge, but its going well so far. I've exercised yet today, but I'm planning on at least 10 minutes on the spinner. I woke up exhausted from all of the cleaning and furniture moving. The end of the school year is so chaotic that I don't always get cleaning and laundry done the way that I would like. We're also doing a major overhaul, getting rid of a whole bunch of junk that's been lying around annoying me. :)

micheleahsc 06-07-2011 10:02 PM

Gettin, Penguin--Thanks so much! I have to say that everyone here really inspires me to do better. Knowing that I'll be posting about my day later, keeps me from eating the Doritos and the Fig Newtons and the .... :)

Emme 06-07-2011 10:13 PM

Tricia ~ Colds in the spring/summer are the worst, aren't they? For some reason, winter seems like the time to get sick and it's ok to be sick during that time because it's so gloomy outside. :) Glad you are back OP today!

GettinFit ~ We are having bad heat here, too. The heat index in the Chicago 'burbs was 102 degrees today...yuck! You'll get a whoosh soon...I can feel it! :D

Riestrella ~ Hey, 4 pounds lost in May is 4 pounds lost...it is definitely not a fail! Good for you! :)

Penguin ~ I'm so glad your drain problem is fixed! Woo-hoo! :carrot: And keep your head up about your eating. I am the queen of having splurges lately, and sometimes I just have to suck it up and start a new day fresh.

Ferumbras ~ I'm sure you'll do just fine while you are out of town. It helps to stay with someone who is also trying to eat consciously! Good luck if you do end up trying a hill run! :dizzy:

Dimples ~ Glad you are feeling better than yesterday. Sinus pressure stinks. It's probably a good thing that you didn't exercise! Get better soon. :)

Michele ~ Glad that today was a good eating day for you! How nice that you'll have the summers off...that is such an awesome perk for teachers! :cb:

We worked in the yard for 10 hours today and, man, was it HOT!!! My back is completely burned (even though I used sunscreen), and I can't wait to pass out tonight. See you all tomorrow!

GettinFit 06-08-2011 09:03 AM

Good morning ladies,

Michele - It's motivating to me for you to say we motivate you. I know you will do it and you will resist the junk food. That is my biggest challenge too. This past weekend I bought a large box of 100 Cal snacks from Sams club because I can't trust myself to eat 1 serving from a large 11 serving bag. I'm hoping to eventually be able to do that but not now. Keep up the good work. I hear 'ya on getting rid of stuff. I was looking in my garage this morning and I was thinking that it's time for me to do some cleaning/throwing out stuff. I can't stand clutter.

OMG Emme - 10 hours!!! I can't imagine spending 10 hours in my yard. I wouldn't be able to move for days. I hope you have a great W/I this week behind all that work.

Today should be an easy day for me. I have all my food here for the day and will probably do another 3 mile walk today. I set a goal of 45 miles this month and I have 14 so far.

Let's all have a great OP day!

GettinFit 06-08-2011 09:13 AM

Daily Journal

Today's journal

25 Pts
35 Bonus Pts

B: cinnamon raisin bagel thin w/smear of lite cream cheese (2pts) skim milk (2pts) coffee (2pts)
S: Rainier cherries (1pt) YoCrunch cheesecake yogurt (2pts) pear (1pt) string cheese (1pt)
L: Lean gourmet salisbury steak & mashed potatoes (4pts) asparagus (0pts) 100 cal Chips Ahoy crisps (2pts)
D: English muffin pizza (3pts) 100 cookies (2pts) watermelon (2pts)
Exercise: Walk 3 miles

Emme 06-08-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GettinFit (Post 3882942)

OMG Emme - 10 hours!!! I can't imagine spending 10 hours in my yard. I wouldn't be able to move for days. I hope you have a great W/I this week behind all that work.

I didn't think it was possible to work that much in one stinkin' yard, but it is -- LOL! We dug some huge holes for the huge trees (still have 2 more to go), properly planted four of them with the help of our nephew and his friend (two were already in their respective holes but were crooked and had to be straightened before burying completely), took down two fence panels, spent two and a half hours digging out an old fence post, then had to set a new post with concrete and put the fence back together...then had to water everything...trust me, it was endless. Granted, we took a lot of breaks, but I am very glad to be back at work today sitting on my butt. My back hurts, my legs hurt, but it's a good hurt!

I hope everyone has a great day! :)

Tricia Fierce 06-08-2011 12:08 PM

Gettin Fit: reading about your intake is always so inspiring, especially when I feel like eating a donut or something! Thank you for always sharing!
Michele: I am with you - accountability totally helps and thinking about reporting my day to this group helps keep me in line.
Emme: wow 10 hours! It sounds rough but also amazing - planting trees is such a great thing for the environment.
Dimples: I hope you're feeling better today! It's definitely a good idea to rest up

So yesterday was a OP day for me, more or less - I worked out AND cleared out a bunch of clutter in my home. Lots of activity and I managed to get 4 servings of veggies in (I am aiming for 5 servings/day). My proudest moment yesterday, however, was finding my balance during my workout! I wrote a lot about it in my blog (linked below) but the long story short is that I haven't been able to stand on one leg for more than a couple seconds in AGES...but yesterday i was able to hold it up throughout an entire move (which lasted for about 30 seconds). I am VERY proud of myself right now!

Today all I've had is breakfast which wasn't so bad - a couple of boiled eggs, toast and a grapefruit. It's hot here today so I'm gonna wait until the evening to work out (when it's cooler).

I hope everyone is having a great OP day! :goodvibes

GettinFit 06-08-2011 12:57 PM

Awhhhh thanks Tricia. I try and keep my menu interesting with things I like so that I won't feel deprived.

Great job on your balance endurance during your workout and on having a successful day. I will check out your blog too.

I see that you're in B'Klyn. I lived there before moving to Georgia and I still miss the place. I usually go back once or twice a year to visit friends and to SHOP.

Ferumbras 06-08-2011 03:07 PM

Tricia: Well done! It's always such an amazing feeling to overcome one of those mini obstacles in fitness. :)

For me, I'm sick today. Didn't sleep well at all last night -- lots of trouble breathing. I want to work out today, but I'm not sure it's a good idea.

Emme 06-08-2011 04:34 PM

Tricia ~ Great job on getting that balance going! :bravo:

Ferbumbras ~ I hope you feel better! Rest if you have to...listening to your body is more important than trying to work out! :)

patchworkpenguin 06-08-2011 05:41 PM

I did 40min from Firm: Calorie Explosion: Power Moves and Kbox. I didn't use weights focusing more on cardio.

Poor Hubby was sent to Atlanta today to help fix an airplane, but his plane landed just in time to see the 'broken' plane take off, so he got a free ride today, along with several naps.

It seems every summer my right wrist starts to bother me, and its started already. Its fine if I bend it all the way forward or back but side to side or just a little bend hurts. Weird. I'm going to ice it after posting.

GettinFit 06-08-2011 10:16 PM

Evening ladies,

Penguin - I hope your wrist is feeling better. Great job on those workouts too.

Ferumbras - I hope you're feeling better and yep good idea not to workout if you're still sick.

My day was good, I got 3.5 more miles in today. Up to 17.5/45 for the month.

Have a great evening everyone.

CheerMomOf3 06-08-2011 11:00 PM

Here it goes:

1. Goal for June: i don't want to give myself a weight loss goal in pounds.. instead i am trying to start small.. i am going to try to go as many days this month as i can by giving up Pepsi.. wish me luck ;)

2. # of work out days: Right now I will try to either walk or dance with kinect (which i just LOVE)

3. I am going to try to check in with this thread daily

4. I am extra motivated right now, as I am going on a cruise in july and would like to be at least a LITTLE BIT smaller :)