3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Autumn Beauties May Check-In (Anyone is Welcome!!) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/232174-autumn-beauties-may-check-anyone-welcome.html)

konfyoozed 05-03-2011 10:38 PM

i love punching air to exercise! but it makes my arms SO SORE... glad i'm getting the 'walk away the pounds' dvd soon.

also, i found a free app for my android phone called 'hydrate' and it's a very simple app that's sole purpose is to track how much water you drink. YES! i've needed one of these... woo!

Monique 05-04-2011 12:01 AM

Hey, Beauties. Hope you're all well. I'm doing great, staying on my diet plan...which is hard since I work with food as a few of you know. LOL.

K0nfy, I have the Walk At Home dvd as well....so much fun! That hydrate app sounds awesome. Sometimes I'm bad about keeping track or even remembering to drink enough so that would help.

Emme, good for you for being strong and getting that Pilates in.

GettinFit, good job staying on plan. You will lose those inches in no time.

Kim, great job staying on plan as well and you skipped cupcakes? Amazing. Sometimes, I can be so easy to give in to sweets.

friday, great goals. I wish you much success.

Goodnight ladies.

Monique

GettinFit 05-04-2011 09:24 AM

Good morning Beauties,

Happy Wednesday! Two days 'til the weekend :carrot:

Mandy - I like the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs too. I have quite a few Leslie Sansone workouts in my collection. You'll enjoy 'em. Which ones did you get? I'm an exercise DVD addict. If I'd just do everything that I have and be consistent, I'd be a slim & fit lady :dizzy:

Monique - We're so proud of you for staying on track. I can imagine it must be really hard for you working around food all day. Hang in there. It sounds like the IF is a good thing for you.

Great job Kim resisting the cupcakes and on staying OP. We are all doing so good and you all are so motivating to me.

I'm doing good. Yesterday I got my Firm workout in, I ate very good and I got my water in. I'm feeling smaller today so I guess my hard work is paying off.

I hope everyone else has a great day!

GettinFit 05-04-2011 10:12 AM

Today's journal:
B: Quaker oatmeal pk, 1/2 C skim milk, coffee
L: Salmon, pasta w/light alfredo suace, green beans, 2 3 Musk Minis
S: granola bar, orange, 1 serv almonds
D: English muffin pizza's, 2 pcs dark choc
Exercise: Firm Cycle 1 Cardio & Sculpt

Emme 05-04-2011 10:19 AM

Good morning, ladies :)

It sounds like everyone is doing really well! GettinFit ~ I love that you said you felt smaller -- that's awesome!! I'm sure your hard work is paying off.

A few of you were talking about hydration and water, and I sometimes struggle to get enough water in because sometimes it tastes boring. There is a new water enhancer called Mio (found in the juice aisles, or by the crystal light) and it's a liquid that you squirt into your water to make it flavored. It's about $4.00 for a small teeny bottle, but it goes a long way as you only need one or two squirts. There are different flavors like fruit punch, berry pomegranate, peach tea, strawberry watermelon...I need to hydrate after working out and sometimes water just doesn't do it -- I went to pilates yesterday and drank 2 bottles of water with the Mio in it within 20 minutes...that did the trick!

I hope you all have a great day! :)

konfyoozed 05-04-2011 01:15 PM

GettinFit - i got the 'ultimate collection' which has several different workouts on it, i thought 3, but i think it's 5... *checks* i was wrong both times. it has 4.

1 Mile Get Up & Get Started- 18 Minutes
2 Mile Brisk Walk-30 Minutes
3 Mile Advanced Walk- 51 Minutes
4 Mile Super Challenge- 60 Minutes

i also got the "5 mile fat burning walk", and "walk away your belly fat"

TooManyDimples 05-04-2011 06:56 PM

Evening Ladies! Another great on plan day for me. I hope you all had a great day as well. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water
Exercise. Rest day on Sundays.

1st~ No exercise, rest day. 1292 calories. 56 net carbs. 104oz water.
2nd~ Biked 17.59 miles. 50 pushups. 1393 calories. 66 net carbs. 136oz water.
3rd~ Biked 17.12 miles. 1372 calories. 58 net carbs. 140oz water.
4th~ Biked 17.16 miles. 1378 calories. 68 net carbs. 136oz water.

GettinFit 05-04-2011 07:39 PM

Evening ladies,

Great job Kim on another great day! You're doing an awesoe job.

k0nfyo0zed - Enjoy those workouts :exercise:

My day was good too. I just finished my Firm workout and eating was very good today. I'm also trying something new starting tonight. I''m tempting to cut off my eating at 7PM. We'll see how it goes.

Have a great evening everyone.

Emme 05-04-2011 10:32 PM

GettinFit ~ I have kind of a cutoff too...mine is 8:00. I go to bed by 9 or 9:30, so eating too close to bed makes me feel bad for some reason. :) Good luck with it!

I hope everyone had a great day today. My week is going by very slowly for some reason -- I can't wait until the weekend! I have been very tired this week and have been depending a lot on Pepsi Max (0 calorie drink) to help get me through my afternoon. I hope to break this pop cycle soon. I went a few months without drinking pop, but now I am back at it. At least it is zero calorie! :)

konfyoozed 05-05-2011 12:38 AM

okay. so. as far as my goals go...

2/15 on workouts
water today = 81.8oz
calories = 1551 (i didn't make it to 1600... but i couldn't force myself to eat anything else late at night.)

really gotta get on those workouts. i can't wait to get my DVDs!

Tricia Fierce 05-05-2011 01:25 AM

Another goal: Daily Affirmations

Hi ladies,

First, let me just say that I LOVE this thread, for real! I can just feel the motivation surge in me as I read through your posts, seriously. One of my goals was to check in everyday and I haven't quite done that...but here I am today! I have been, however:
1. Tracking my WW points plus values daily
2. Keeping up with my goal to workout everyday with my Insanity DVD.

I am going to add another goal to my list, and that's to practice positive self-talk daily pertaining to my health goals. Every once in awhile the negative self-talk starts...and its not helping me get healthier, that's for sure. I don't think it's healthy to suppress what may come to mind naturally but I know that positive self-talk, or affirmations, can be as powerful as (if not more powerful than the negative stuff. Mindset is so important!

I found some affirmations that I plan on saying in the mirror everyday, within a half-hour of waking up (right before I work out). The affirmations are from this amazing woman named Patricia Moreno - she has this whole movement called "satiLife" - I recommend looking her up if you aren't familiar. The affirmations are below - I'm guessing they could be helpful to you too:
My life is an adventure

It gets better and better

Radiant health is mine

It's my pleasure

Yes I can

I am meant to succeed

I am never giving up

I have a purpose within me

I take responsibility

Excuses no more

With discipline I am free

I am here to live

I have lots to give

Power, confidence, courage, peace

It's now unleashed

From within me

One day at a time

The choice is mine

I AM that I AM

Love personified

Emme 05-05-2011 09:15 AM

Tricia ~ That is an awesome thing to do!! Affirmations can help sooo much. There is a show called Addicted to Food about people with all different kinds of eating disorders living together in a treatment center and the last episode showed them standing up in front of everyone after eating their meals and saying three things they loved about themselves (even if they didn't), like "I love my inner thighs, I love my hips, etc." You are right: negative talk can really creep it's way in and it's nice to be able to counter it with positive affirmations. Thank you for sharing!

GettinFit 05-05-2011 10:02 AM

Good morning ladies,

Hang in there Emme, it's almost Friday! Yep I'm in the same boat with the diet pop. Mine is Coke Zero. I absolutely love the stuff and I get it free at work, yep all I want!!!

Tricia - I'm glad you like this thread and can feel the motivation too. I like the fact that everyone is always so positive here. Great job on staying within your points range and on getting your workouts in.

Well as far as cutting off eating at 7 last night, I didn't quite make it. At about 8 I had a few peanuts. Tonight I will try harder to stick with my cutoff time of 7. Otherwise, I had an OP day yesterday. Today should be a breeze too.

Have a great OP day everyone.

pattypaw 05-05-2011 11:44 AM

Good morning! Sounds like everyone is having a great start of the month here. my weigh in this morning was 200.6!!! I'm getting a little antsy to get below 200. I haven't been under 200 since before i got pregnant with my 2 yr old almost 3 years ago. Her birthday is this saturday and i decided instead of having cake i'm going to go buy just enough cupcakes for the kids (We aren't having a party and my hubby isn't a cake eater) because if there is cake here, i will eat it.
Time to get ready for work...I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Emme 05-05-2011 02:50 PM

Patty ~ That is really impressive! I would have bought a cake and eaten it all. Cake is my worst enemy! Way to work around the birthday cake and get cupcakes instead. Good call. :)

GettinFit ~ You get all the Coke Zero you want free all day long?!? Oh, that would be so fun... :)