May Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 16
Go to
  • Dance into May -- or walk, run, lunge into May. Whatever gets us moving!

State your exercise goals for the month of May here. They will be added to a list and when your goal is met, it gets turned RED in celebration! Track your progress all month long with a supportive and encouraging group to cheer you!

Our sister thread, May Weight Loss Challenge, is available for non-exercise weight loss goals. Join one or both threads and let's get moving!
  • I'm going out of town twice in May, for a total of nine days. I pledge to walk a lot during those trips, but I don't want to keep track of my exercise minutes. So, I'm reducing my goal this month to 1200 minutes and counting the time only on the days that I'm home.

May goal: 1200 minutes
  • My goal for May is to work out every day, 30 minutes of strength/core and 30 minutes of cardio. This will be difficult for part of the month as I'm going out of town for about 5 days. But during that time, I can still do the core exercises in my room and take walks in the evening.

My regimen:
    Day 1: Crunches, planks, wall-sits, pushups, dumbbell ; bike.
    Day 2: Balance ball upper body workout, planks; elliptical.
    Day 3: Balance ball abs workout, planks; elliptical.
    Day 4: Balance ball legs workout, dumbbell; bike.
    Day 5: Rinse and Repeat!!
  • I've recently joined a local gym. I generally do the same routine while there - cardio for 30 - 45 mins and strength training for 30 mins. Sometimes I mix it up by throwing in a class.

Once I'm there, I always have a good workout, but making myself go is sometimes a challenge. So, my goal for May will be to go to the gym at least 5 times each week.
  • My May exercise goals...

1) Continue at the gym 5 days a week - 2 classes M, T, Th, - 1 class - W, F
    2) Start C 2 5k - M - W - F - Rain or shine
    3) track fitness on LS

I hope this is do able.... I am worried about the C25K, Not sure how to dress to run in the rain....
  • In March I did ~1000 minutes of exercise, and upped that to 1280 in April. My goal for May will be 1350 minutes.

Good luck to all the exercisers this month, and thanks again gardenerjoy for doing this challenge thread!
  • I'm gonna bite the bullet and join in.

I pledge 1000 hours for the month of May. It is written....it shall be done!
  • I want to get 30 minutes of exercise in a day. I will check in every day with my form of exercise and length of time.
  • Joining in
    I'm recovering from sciatica, so I'm going to have to start off a bit slowly. I've had ~ six weeks of intense pain and reduced mobility. But since I finally got diagnosed correctly and been going to PT, I've been steadily improving and am looking forward to being more active again. My goal for May is to complete 500 minutes(15-20 min, 6x a week) of intentional exercise: WATP, yoga, pilates w/resistance bands, swimming, recumbent biking, or walking. I know 500 min doesn't sound like much, but I really want to start by focusing on getting back to daily exercise without re-injury. Good luck to all in achieving their goals and Happy May Day
  • My challenge is actually the "Insanity" 60 day challenge which should take me into the beginning of July! The dvd set is on its way and while I await them I'm doing the "Insanity: Fast and Furious" dvd (which is about 20 minutes) six days a week. The challenge will be to stick with the regimen - and I'm stoked!
  • I'm in again this month - hopefully I'll do better than I did last month! I'm going for 1000 minutes again.
  • I'm going on a week's vacation later this month, so I don't think I'll be able to do my regular 2000 minutes a month. However, the cruise ship and hotel do have fitness centers. So I'll try and do as much as I can while on vacation.

I'm shooting for 1500 minutes of exercise this month.
  • The last time I joined an exercise challenge on this site, it was in December. I started to off great and lost about 20 pounds, but then had leave on a Military Mission and ended up gaining all the weight back. I'm up back now, and up for the May Challenge! I actually started last week on my own personal challenge, and I'd like to continue that here. My challenge is the Insanity Workout Today actually marks the beginning of week 2 (Day 8 of 60) for me. I hope to be able to post my workouts and progress.
    Good Luck to all in their challenges. I wish you all the best. It's good to be back.

• I'm excited to find this thread!

My May exercise goals are:
    Gym 5x/week - 30-60 mins. cardio 5x, weights 3x
    Volleyball 1-2x week
    Walk on Saturday (as long as the weather holds)
  • Good luck to everyone this month!

After a month of really letting the exercise slip, I need to get back on it this month. My main aim is to log what I do on here, I'm still getting to grips with life since I've moved half way around the world and stopped working etc etc, so just logging is enough this month.

I'd like to start going to the local pool and swimming, set up a home gym routine, and maybe get back into jogging and join a class or two at the gym/pool.