Sarge's No Excuses / Boot Camp To Beach Weather #4

You're on Page 9 of 34
Go to
  • April WHINED the entire trip to the vet, the whole time there, but was quiet on the way home. She is doing very well, next month we have to take her bacl for xrays, but after that all should be well.

We {I} bought one of those fancy scales that tells body fat, bone/muscle mass, and all sorts of stuff. I've wanted one for a long time but thought they were too expensive, but I found one for $40. Setting it up and programing should be fun. Ha.

Glat to see that everyone is doing so well.
  • Ahhh... All of yall make me want a bike sooo much! I should be able to get one in the early summer when business picks up.

I honestly hate walking. Mostly cause I couldnt walk straight to save my life. I seriously look like a stumbling drunk. Balance issue I suppose.
  • Evening, all! I went to bed earlyish last night (for me, lol) and so was up WAY too early this morning - about 3:45am! But it's been a good day regardless. Weight is still up but I know the reason and am not stressed in the least. I got to the gym tonight for an hour despite forgetting to actually turn on the dryer after I put my workout clothes in it , and am within my calories today as usual. And there is NO Easter candy in my house.

I spoke with my best friend tonight; she's pretty stressed and down about her weight, and she joined weight watchers today. I think she's gorgeous and perfect (she seriously has the most perfect legs I've ever seen), but of course it doesn't matter what other people see - it's how we feel about ourselves. I gave her as much support as I knew how over the phone, and I'm going to send her some recipes and food ideas tonight. I'm thinking about linking her to this forum... I'd be embarrassed to have someone I know see what my actual weight was and is (no one in my real life except for my husband and my doctors know), but her success and happiness is more important to me than my embarassment. So maybe we'll see her here at some point. She's amazing.

phillygirl: Nice job today!! I was so tired as well, but really, really happy I got to the gym. I feel so much better after I go.

Kendra: I like the stories about your husband - very cute! I need him to talk to my husband, who in one breath says "I'm so proud of you" and then in the next says "Just skip the gym tonight and stay home with me".

peanutt: Welcome back!! What an awesome loss last week, and I'm glad you had such a good trip!

MadamB: I LOVE LOVE LOVE your story about the woman and her children outside the laundromat. That seriously made me teary (I blame TOM). Thanks so much for posting about that.

Sarge: Holy moses that's a lot of machine calories burned!! When I get up to 600 on the treadmill I feel pretty darn pleased with myself, lol.

Resolute: I know you'll do everything possible to hit the 210s this week - good luck!

Sorry I'm not responding to more tonight (there's been so many posts today!), but I need to gather some recipes and such. I'm really glad to see everyone with renewed energy today!! Let's make it a great week and make Sarge happy.
  • I'm still running running running! Who knew I'd actually be a runner. I actually like it and look forward to it now. I'm so excited to get up to where I'm running a full mile...then two...then...

And I love swimming laps afterward!!! Feels so nice and not much like a workout, even though I'm breathing pretty hard and get my heart rate up pretty high.

So, that's what I did today. Week 5, day 1 of C25k, 30 minutes brisk walking on a 10% incline on the treadmill and 25 laps in the pool!

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!!!!
  • Good Morning All!

The crack of thunder woke me up this morning. It's storming here again.
    It's only suppose to last half the day, I think. So hopefully I can get outside after work for a walk or run or something.

Penguin-Glad that April is doing good!

MadamB-I third or fourth or whatever the story about the woman and her children! Way to get it done...we just need to get out there and do it like her.

Kendrab-Your husband sounds awesome! Such a good support system. And way to rock in on the hula-hoop.

Pokey-Sounds like a great exercise day.

Well, it's off to work I go.
    Have a great day all! I look forward to seeing what butt-er burning exercise or just crazy mischief you all get in to today!
  • Morning everyone, Got up a little earlier today, riding the bike to work for some extra exercise, it's only a couple of miles but every little bit counts.

Will endeavour to keep intake reasonable, seems to be my problem spot as of late, probably just being to hard on my body.

chickadee: Your friend would be welcome here, not sure we could help anyone, still it's nice to be around others who are trying hard to better themselves as well.

sizzlingina: I felt the same way reading about others and their bikes, it's fun and pretty good exercise to boot.

Pokey : I'm glad you seem to of found some exercise that makes you happy, for me it's walking and biking, i really do enjoy them, makes it so much easier.

Still can't beat Cheshire up LOL, i'm beginning to think you don't sleep.

Have a nice day everyone.
  • WAKIE WAKIE TROOPS!

In addition to scale fairies, scale angels,and visits from Our Lady of Weight Loss, Sarge just discovered another useful weapon to deploy in our war on weight...

Have a hard working, butt-er burning day all!

Sarge
  • GOOD MORNIN' GRUNTS . . .

Just a quick check-in. . . JM 30-day-shred, 400 crunches and 100 bicycle crunches (I didn't do these last night, soooo I needed to do them today) Raining HARD outside so I'm glad I got outside as much as possible yesterday. C25K tomorrow and it's suppose to still be raining . . . soo I'm off to the store to find some kind of rain jacket so I'm not a drowned rat when I finish . .

Cheshire: you said you feel like a BAD A@@ after you run in the rain . . . I guess I'm gonna find out tomorrow

Chickadee: just before I saw the woman exercising I passed a guy (too cute) jogging and IMMEDIATELY thought of you . . . he had on a back pack . . . it was all I could do not to laugh

pokey: your running amazes me, OK EVERYONE THAT RUNS, AMAZES ME . . . still not sure if I'll be a runner but I'm sure trying so I can do that Warrior Dash . . .

Reso: 219.9 is still 210's . . . I have my fingers for you !!!

Peanut: Welcome back, sounds like you had a great time with your Grandma . . . just hope you didn't bring back any "frackin easter candy" SARGE is tossin' bunks

OK knee is screaming, probably the rain, but ibuprophen on board and icing now . . . off to the bike store to buy a headlight of some kind for riding at night (Reso I'm planning on riding to work too, (3 miles,) I won't even get sweaty and a rain jacket . . .

EVERYONE HAVE A BUTT-ER MELTIN' DAY!!!!

• MadamB - my running amazes me too! I've always wanted to be a runner but was too nervous or something. All the runners on here have inspired me! I can't wait to hear about your Warrior Dash!!!

I hope everyone with inclement weather stays dry and warm...I won't tease you all with the temps in the Phoenix Valley today...
  • You women are amazing with your work outs and constant encouragement. I'm very happy that I get my little walk in every day.(It's more then I used to do believe me!) I think with next week being the start of May I'll have to kick it up a notch.
  • hey platoon -

ready for the day! get out there and do something!
  • First of all - WELCOME to all the new recruits!! I love to see this platoon grow!

Chickadee - You should definitely link your friend to the forum. I know that WW is set up with their own meeting support system, but I think that this forum is such an incredible tool for advice and support. And this particular thread is one of the best I've found for true accountability.

Pokey - Isn't this feeling great? I just finished week 5 and felt so amazing during that 20 minutes of running that I just kept going. I can't wait for you to do that W5D3 workout and hopefully get the same feeling!

Madam - I did have a great time and I'm glad to be back! There was no Easter candy at grandma's, but there was lots of homemade white bread, homemade sausages of different types, ham, eggs, cheese, cottage cheese pie, etc. I did see your second day of C25K and did 100 more crunches during one of my weekend workouts. Holy cow, I hurt so much...much more after the second go round than the first last week. I defintely have to work up to doing that again!

Madam and Reso - love that you're biking to work!! I've become quite a biking convert and love to see people incorporating it (and exercise along with it) into daily life and daily routines. That's truly a lifestyle change!

I weighed in this morning and I'm only 0.8 lbs up from where I was Friday morning. I credit the new-found self-control that I wasn't quite sure I had until it was tested. There were lots of opportunities to go totally overboard with eating grandma's delicious holiday foods, but I limited myself to just one piece of sausage or bread. I also think the fact that DH and I ran 3 of the 4 days we were away really helped control the damage.

Speaking of running....I wanted to share this victory with the platoon. I was out doing my C25K run on Friday evening with my DH. I got to the end of the workout and we were walking for a bit and I was telling DH how good I felt and how I felt like I could just keep going. He said "well then, let's keep going!" So we kept running. He was checking in regularly about how I felt and I was keeping an eye on my HRM and everything was feeling great. We ended up running 5K!!

Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with this chatty platoon this week!!
  • Quote: You women are amazing with your work outs and constant encouragement. I'm very happy that I get my little walk in every day.(It's more then I used to do believe me!) I think with next week being the start of May I'll have to kick it up a notch.
    Why not kick it up a notch today??
  • Quote: Why not kick it up a notch today??
    Alright peanutt has laid down the challenge!
    I will double my loop this afternoon.
  • The jury is out on the fancy scale. Apparently there's some overlap of percentages, and I'm not quite sure what to do with this information, LOL. It wouldn't register my presence on 'normal' but only on 'athlete' so I take that as a compliment! Downside is I can't read the stupid thing, upside is I lost 4lbs overnight!

Bread is rising, need to start laundry, need to make my weekly calls {last week of this for the summer!}, cardio/weights for later.

Chickadee, Please don't be embarressed. Tell your friend we'd love to have her join us.

Kelley, pretty avatar! Way to up the workout!

Peanutt, great job on the 5k!