Old 05-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #121  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

DT- YESS!!! WE CAN!!

I am happy to report that the scale was back to 280 this am. Wish it had been down more, but ill take it over the 3lb gain! HOPEFULLY ill see 279.9 on sunday *crosses her fingers*
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 201/ see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Well I've been missing in action, and missing the 3 chicks forum!!! Sadly adoptions are at an all time low in the rescue and I got to pick between dog food for my fosters or my Internet bill and, well, the dogs ate haha.

I am 4 1/2 weeks into my 100 challenge and not one cheat so far. I even made it through the mothers day BBQ without a single cheat! I have NEVER in my life stuck to a food related goal like this before. I had my weakest night 3 days ago. My FAVORATE sushi was fresh made at the stand and I was over due for my next meal. I was literally drooling. I even got in line and stared at it, trying to justify how it is healthy so isn't truly a cheat. In the end I was able to walk away and I'm so proud of myself.

I've just started exercising. I didn't start out with food and exercise changes at once because I know myself well enough to know to many changes to fast and I'll fail and get discouraged. So now I'm committing to exercise also. I started at 199 lbs 4 1/2 weeks ago. I'm now at 178 and there is no looking back!!!!
Dog Rescue Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:10 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Our role model!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Rescue Mama View Post
Well I've been missing in action, and missing the 3 chicks forum!!! Sadly adoptions are at an all time low in the rescue and I got to pick between dog food for my fosters or my Internet bill and, well, the dogs ate haha.

I am 4 1/2 weeks into my 100 challenge and not one cheat so far. I even made it through the mothers day BBQ without a single cheat! I have NEVER in my life stuck to a food related goal like this before. I had my weakest night 3 days ago. My FAVORATE sushi was fresh made at the stand and I was over due for my next meal. I was literally drooling. I even got in line and stared at it, trying to justify how it is healthy so isn't truly a cheat. In the end I was able to walk away and I'm so proud of myself.

I've just started exercising. I didn't start out with food and exercise changes at once because I know myself well enough to know to many changes to fast and I'll fail and get discouraged. So now I'm committing to exercise also. I started at 199 lbs 4 1/2 weeks ago. I'm now at 178 and there is no looking back!!!!
Great job! You are showing us how it is done and what happens when you stay 100% on plan!!

Thank you so much for your good work for the orphaned animal companions--I feel so sad that people treat their pets this way.
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #124  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

6/6 - Scale is moving
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #125  

hi all:

I was going to post more yesteday but had online problem. anyway I had an offplan day on thurs but went right back on yesterday and today.

the thing I notice is my tendency to want to turn disappointment re: my adherence to plan into an excuse to overeat more. that is so self-defeating. in the long run 2 off days out of 23--I would definitely still lose--as long as I dont let those off days pile up. while my goal is 100% I cannot let myself be derailed by a less than perfect performance.

so I renew my committment to continue on for 100% for the remaining days of the challenge and look forward to continuing to take care of myself.

have a lovely 100% day all!

sno
21/23
Old 05-15-2011, 12:53 AM   #126  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

I need to join this I do great when I stay on my plan but then I always cheat and binge and then that lasts for days at a time before I get back on and gain back what I lost so starting tomorrow Sunday March 15th I am starting this I will eat 1200 calories log everything I eat and at least do 20 mins of cardio everyday and weights 3 times a week. Hopefully I can stay on plan 100 percent always if I can do it for 100 days I'm also hoping I really want to get this weight off fast as I can.

Sunday March 15th Day 1

Last edited by going2bskinny; 05-15-2011 at 12:54 AM.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:45 AM   #127  

Default Welcome

HI Going to be!

welcome to this thread! you have a great attitude and goals. believe me I know how hard it is to get into gear and keep it going. but I know you can do it--I have done 100 days before and people on this thread have done it too.

I think checking in a lot keeps us honest. Its like do i want to check in about cheating or about another day I kept my promise to myself.

I havent been 100% perfect this time but am doing pretty good and plan to keep going!

take care

Sno
22/24
Old 05-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #128  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,
Just checking in. I did well to keep on plan this week after having a bit of wine last weekend. I was rewarded with a 2lb loss so I've officially hit the 30lbs off mark! I am very excited and encouraged to keep it up.
I hope you all have had a great weekend
K3LL3Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #129  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

7/7
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hey everybody! Wow, you're all so inspirational. Dog Rescue Mama is plowin' ahead. K3LL3Y, that's great successes and nice symmetry. Susiemartin is 7/7, keep it up. Welcome to going2bskinny! Congrats to SMSDREAMER.

Sno's comments about disappointment to overeating really hit the mark for me, too. This Sunday's strange scale result was disappointing. Every extra bit was part of the slide towards "whatever". What actually kept me turning all the way from to a full blown "screw it" attitude was that I remembered 3fc folks' comments about their hard work not showing up on the scale. It really helped me and I'm so happy to have this group. Really, I so much appreciate the inspiration, honesty, perseverance, hope, and super ideas.

I'm putting in my extra walking miles and low-cal days in Sunday to Wednesday because my niece arrives from out-of-state tomorrow. I've figured out how to get my early morning workouts in for these two weeks because she sleeps in my workout space.

I'll survive tomorrow as I have work to combine with her first day--she'll go out for pizza (my worst binge food) with the family while I'm at work (whew!). Thursday's a bit of a danger as we're planning candlepin bowling and flatbread pizza! (Man, the other worst!). Next week she wants to go to a beer factory tour and I don't drink so that's an easy one. I'm up for anything I only moderately like or don't like.

Here's to keeping 3fc friends on my mind.
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 175/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Default i feel your wrath.

okay guys so i fell off my plan and im very upset. i was starting to see result and things were looking bright i got tattooed a few days ago so i havent been able to hit the gym. i weighed 168 last time i weighed myself but yesturday i weighed 170, and today it says i weigh 173???? wtf im so frustrated i feel like giving up. im really sad and feel like this is never going to happen....anyone else having similar issues??
kristian130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #132  
Jillian

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

kristian Yep! I fell off the wagon for about a week... was not doing good at all. I knew i was off though and so i didnt step on the scale. I'm sure when i do on sunday i will be right back to where i started but i cant let it defeat me completely. Need to just keep going. I know thats such a cliche answer but its the truth. I gave myself a break and realized i was only hurting myself, not making it better..

Yes its hard work and Yes i feel like i constantly want to quit but it does get easier as you get stronger and the outcome will greatly outway the struggles on the way! I'm starting back up on monday, getting back on track and using this thread as a way to do that.

No matter what i have going on, for the rest of my 100 day challenge i WILL be shooting for 100% EVERYDAY! And i'm thinking about not weighing in until then too... accept for the 2 other challenges i'm in! Kristian, you'll be okay, an i'm here for ya if you need anything.

ANy thoughts?
DTerminedOne1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #133  

Default Keep Going!

Hi all:

well I have been back on plan for the last six days and am still 2 lbs up from my lowest last week after which I had my cheat day--man--just one cheat day can really screw the pooch!!

Yeah--it would be nice if I could lose weight as fast as I can gain it. My dog is on a little diet and is trimming down very fast--maybe I should just eat dog food and stay away from regular food altogether! It is probably very healthy.

Well so my choices are--
1. forget about it and just eat whatever and get larger and larger
2. get stricter and eat even less tho it could cause a binge and lowering of metabolism.
3. keep doing what I am doing and accept that my weight loss will be slow and gradual but that I will eventually reach my goals

obviously three is the best choice--it aint glamorous or easy but it really is the only option. one foot after another. impatience is not my friend.

Hang in there friends!! we can do it--today can be the day that all these other choice are left behind.

Lets just keep going and finish this block of 100% days--we have 72 days left and a lot can be accomplished in that time! a few days off plan will still leave us ahead of the game.

And good job checking in iardajnos, kristian and determined--I think checking keeps us focused on what we really want for the long term. Keep checking in folks, it will work!

cheers

have a wonderful 100% day!!!

Sno
26/28
Old 05-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #134  

Here is link to a fantastic motivational article--Drop the Fatitude!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...es.asp?id=1366

here is the beginning:

[I]You probably already know about many of the characteristics that long-term, successful "losers" have in common. They are:

Optimistic enough to put in an honest effort and see what happens. They don't fill their heads with self-defeating thoughts and negative prophecies that keep them from doing their best.
Stay focused on what they can do instead of fretting about what they can’t do.
Patient enough to take things one decision (and one day) at a time, instead of expecting instant results and losing motivation when those results don't come.
See mistakes and problems as learning opportunities instead of being demoralized by them.[I]
Old 05-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #135  

Cheers every one!
I hope you are all losing weight. I am still on track and have lost another pound this week.
I have been getting so much exercize that I can barely move today and need a rest for a few days.

I am re-landscaping my yard and have dug up almost 100 flowering plants to give away last week. They keep multiplying every year.
I am planting grapes and berries in their place, because the cost of food is expected to double soon.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote