3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Road to summer Memorial Day Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/222493-road-summer-memorial-day-challenge.html)

MadamButterfly 01-31-2011 11:04 AM

Surrender: Enjoy the buffalo chicken . . . I'm having it for supper tonight. have fun at the gym!! :carrot: :broc:

dcap: Great job tracking your calories . . . I've never done that, but I am going to attempt to track it on the Red Team Biggest Loser Challenge . . . I figured out what I'll eat today and I came up with 1500-1550 cal and that is pretty much what I eat in a day . . . give or take 100 calories . .

OK ladies I have 33 lbs and 17 weeks until memorial day, if I want to hit 140 I need to up my exercise, SO:

Today: JM 30-Day Shred (Level 2, 5 lb weights), Zumba Flat abs, 200 crunches and 75 push-ups . . .

Good luck everyone . . . have a GREAT DAY!!

Oh, it's snowing here so I'll have a little snow shoveling in just a bit . . . UGH, I can't wait for warmer weather . . . :snow4:

Hopeful8 01-31-2011 11:35 AM

Well ladies I hope you all had a productive January. My final monthly weight was 141.3. I would love to see a 3lb loss in February.

Northern Belle 02-01-2011 10:32 AM

I'm actually loving the snow! It's definitely going to be a lot and I don't look forward to shoveling it, but there's just something about it!

I'm having a good week so far (even though it's barely Tuesday). When I did my daily weigh-in today I saw 199 on the scale, but it changed to 200 right before I stepped off. How cruel is that? lol

Surrender - Ooo, a new machine! I could use a new one right about now. I only have the Gazelle at home, which I don't really use, so I'd love something else. Unfortunately, it's not in the budget right now with college and everything. :( Let us know how you like your elliptical and have fun at the gym!

Hopeful - That's some amazing progress. Congrats!

Enygirl 02-01-2011 08:31 PM

Well i only lost #2.6 in Jan... :(

I'm getting back into it and shooting for #6.8 in Feb.

dcapulet 02-02-2011 10:14 AM

:hug: and :cheers: to everyone for last month, no matter how it turned out.

I'm setting some February goals:

Get down to the 240's
1300 min exercise
knowing I'll be a bit off plan for my birthday out - and then getting up to move on!
Keep up with my yoga
Starting going to the school gym

What about you? Where are YOU going this month?

MadamButterfly 02-02-2011 11:01 AM

SOOOOOOOOOOo COOOOOOLD -18 BRRRR

OK ladies, it's COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD outside, the news said -18 with the wind chill, high today around 0 . . . Come on SUMMMER, ok I'd just be happy with temps in the 20's . . . .

I'm rockin and rollin this week . . . today JM 6-week, 6-pack abs, Zumba flat abs, 200 crunches and 75 push-ups . . . I shoveled snow yesterday and the day before so HOPEFULLY no snow shoveling for a day or two . . . I know some of you have snow shoveling in your future, all I can say is dress warm, shovel like there's no tomorrow and then HOP IN A HOT SHOWER . . . feels so good

Northern Belle: I too love the snow, but it's a little excessive this year and I want the warmer weather to come so I can exercise outside, mind you inside is fine, but I love to ride my bike and it could be just a little hazardous in the snow and ice . . .

Look at all the #'s going down . . . looks like everyone is on the downhill slide, :woohoo:

Eny: it's not just 2.6 lbs, it is also OVER 10 STICKS of BUTT-ER melted away . . . just keep it movin' and it will melt away FOREVER!!

dcap: what a great idea, my February goal will to see how close I can get to 160 . . . I've been hanging around 171 for the past few days and hope it drops just a bit more before Sunday . . . (crossing my fingers and praying to the scale angels) so here are my goals:
1. See how close I can get to 160
2. Be able to do 100 push-up (currently at 75, albeit 3 sets of 25)
3. Be able to do 400 crunches (currently at 200)
4. Have a spa night for me once a week!! (I light candles, put on some soft music, bush-hog my legs and soak, relax and reflect . . . so calming, ahhhhhhhhhhhh)

:Welcome: Kimberly

Like decap said: What are your goals for Feb???

Oh surrender; I'm buying a bag of wings and making the Buffalo Chicken (wing style) for the superbowl . . . will serve with low fat ranch and blue cheese . . . mmmm, mmmmmm goood . . . I can't wait

Everyone have a GREAT DAY!!!!

jomatho 02-02-2011 12:56 PM

Responding to Dcaps question:
My goals for February:
Up my current best jog from 5 miles to 6 miles
Keep my water intake above 75oz. per day
Introduce yoga into my routine at least once per week
I would love to hit Onderland this month, but sometimes you cannot control the scale, so I will just keep my eye on that goal for now :s:

Thanks, I need to look at my plan every once in a while to make adjustments as needed!

crm 02-02-2011 02:53 PM

Up for the challenge

I'm up for this challenge!! I would like to be down 20lbs by Memorial day so that I can wear the cute summer stuff to work. I also want to be fit enough to look decent in my swimsuit when we go camping at the lake.:dancer:

Our Lady Bonbon 02-02-2011 05:28 PM

Wow, ladies! The goals that you all have posted inspire me to set and realize my own. By the way, you all are awesome and I'm so glad to see your progress. Rock on!
I'm slightly jealous of the snow you all are getting-- all I have are flurries and frigid wind here!
MadamButterfly -- You and I have essentially the same spa night ritual... Gosh, I love it; it's a wonderful way to relax :D
My goals for February are:
1. Get under 180...
2. Get in at least 3 hours of hard cardio each week... and not repeat weeks in C25k
3. Weight lift 3X a week
4. Fight my Diet Coke addiction with copious amounts of water.

Keep up the good work, Chicks!

dcapulet 02-02-2011 06:36 PM

:welcome: CRM! Nice to have you.

Madam - 75 push ups!?! WOW!!!
Lady Bon Bon - I LOVE diet coke... so good...
Jo - I often forget about what I'm aiming for if I don't check myself - helps keep me focused.

Calorie counting is going ok- better than I expected. It must be because I really want to be successful this time. I'm really hoping for my effort to be reflected on the scale this week.

Hopeful8 02-03-2011 08:58 AM

Jomatho- I think it's wonderful that you're willing to introduce yoga in to your routine. I started practicing about 6 months ago and I couldn't be happier with the results. It has given me so much definition in my arms and shoulders. Sadly I am unable to practice right now because of a torn muscle in my back and it's driving me up a wall with frustration.

I can officially say that I am in the middle of a heated battle with my scale. I've hit a plateau! I mean who actually hits a plateau 1 lb away from their goal weight???? I'm still looking to be around 137-138 by the end of the month. I think I'll be able to do it once I kick 141 in the a**. I'm so limited at the gym right now because of my torn rhomboid muscle. All my physical therapist will allow me to do is walk and ride a recumbent bike. Absolutely no weights or yoga :( I'm about ready to jump out the window with frustration. //end rant!

I hope you all have a wonderful and productive and OP upcoming weekend!

destiny's mom 02-03-2011 10:07 AM

I have 17 weeks until the 30th of May!! I am setting a huge goal of losing 34 pounds which is 2lbs a week.

SW-225.8(2/03/11)
GW-191.8(5/28/11)
2/05:223.6(31.8 to go)
2/12:
2/19:
2/26:
3/05:
3/12:
3/19:
3/26:
4/02: (Monument Avenue 10k race) goal to be 207.8
4/09:
4/16:
4/23:
4/30:
5/07:
5/14:
5/21:
5/28: (My wi before Memorial Day on the 30th)

MadamButterfly 02-03-2011 10:53 AM

warmer weather ???

OMG, now the weather says 20's today and 30'stomorrow and Saturday . . . we're having a heat wave . . . :woohoo: I'm soooooooooo excited.

:welcome2: destiny, WOW what great goals!!!

hopeful: hang in there, I'd be in utter frustration, and when you have an injury and CAN'T do the things you want . . . UGH and double UGH, UGH!!!! your back WILL get better and you WILL beat that scale . . . just walk and walk and walk . . .

dcap: GREAT job on the calorie counting!!! Yup, 75 push-ups (90 today), but believe me I didn't start with that, I think I started with 10 girly push-ups and moved to 3 or 4 regular and built from there . . . besides I need to get to 100 by the end of the month . . .

jomotho - I think I am going to start the yoga too, I have a DVD, so now I have to put it in and just do it . . . oh Onederland . . . SOOOOOO exciting!!

Lady BonBon: I LOVE my spa night, I used to do it 3-4 times a month, now maybe once a month . . . so now a little ME time and it feels SOOOOOO good on my muscles, I think tonight is a GOOD night . . and then a warm day outside tomorrow . . . oooooooooh I'm so excited!!!

Northern Belle: I too love the snow, it's these daggone high temps of 3 and 5 and 8 that are killing me . . . plus wind. I'm sending a scale angel to YOU :angel: :goodscale:

Surrender: It's thursday, are you getting to the gym???? I know you can do it!!! :carrot: :cp: :broc:

I bumped things up a bit today: I did JM 30-day shred Level 2 (5 lb weights) and then I did JM 30-day shred Level 3 (5 lb weight), 200 crunches, 90 push-ups . . . OK, I think I must be a little crazy because I think i'm going to go to Zumba flat abs when I'm done posting . . . :dizzy:

Everyone have a great day . . . I'm HUNGRY!!

momof3preemies 02-03-2011 12:52 PM

Hey ladies!!!! hope you all are doing well! Looks like a bunch of you lost weight congrats! My weigh in is tomorrow!! I did so well this week with not steping on the scale..I tend to want to check my weight every day and that makes me depressed and not wanting to do anymore!! So im so proud of myself for waiting! So today is the last day of workout until WI tomorrow morning I feel like im on biggest Loser LOL! Just wanted to say HI! o and I'm a PA Girl so this weekend superbowl ooo boy im going to have to add some more workouts and try not to eat all the yummy food Go pittsburgh!! hehehe..I will update tomorrow with my weight hopefully its a loss!

dcapulet 02-03-2011 01:10 PM

hopeful - what about some yoga poses that don't involve arms? I mean, there are not that many, but maybe you can do some leg work? I hope you get better soon - it would make me nuts too!!

Madam - you are hardcore. Seriously.

:welcome: destiny'smom!! nice to have you here.

mom of 3 - how do you not WI everyday? I really struggle with that - any good tips?

Up at 6 for meeting, saw a patient today, wrote letters, came home, did 30 min of aerobics - so I'm doing well! I need to get some work done, and i might actually be ahead of the game by tonight.

and i'm actually changing from my sweats to my jeans just to sit around - anytime my jeans are more comfortable, i know i'm in a good place :)