Old 11-16-2010, 12:39 AM   #166  

Height: 5'6"

Hi Girls

My weight was up a little this morning but not as bad as it would usually be on a Monday. I don't even like weighing on Mondays but i did it anyway. I feel like I did very well over the weekend and today so hopefully I'll be back down in the morning. Got over 50 minutes of running/walking in this evening.
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:43 AM   #167  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hey everyone, well progress isn't going as fast as I had hoped but at least there's a little bit of progress. Don't know if I'll make my goal but as long as the scale is consistently moving in the right direction I will be a happy girl. Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

SW- 152.0
CW- 150.2
GW- 144.0
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:44 AM   #168  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Hi girls! I kept effing up these past few days. The scale has been saying 201 since TOM came for good, but I'm hoping it's water retention. I'm still sick and I have been eating within my calorie limit, but badly. And I've been so stressed out! I found out that my cat had been missing along with many stray ones and that new dogs have gathered in my parents' neighborhood. I was starting to believe that the dogs ate her. Yesterday I became completely convinced. I spent the day crying, eating and praying that I'm wrong. I also spent an hour and a half at the gym, trying to release all that, but it didn't help much. But last night, she finally showed up, thank God! Anyway, I hope I can really be back now. I hate how this month is going...
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #169  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Marniadec I'm so happy your kitty showed up! I know that is a horrible feeling, not knowing what happened to them. I've had that happen to pets of mine years ago and it still hurts sometimes (mine didn't turn up).

I haven't been feeling very well the past few days. My tummy has been feeling really icky and I cut my workout a little bit short yesterday cause it was painful to move around. I felt so bad last night that I asked my husband to pick up subway on his way home from work so I wouldn't have to cook.....and then I ate an entire sub. I was only going to eat half and put the rest in the fridge, but I was still sooo hungry. But if subway's nutrition info is right I wasn't over my calories, I just feel bad about giving in.

I'm going to go get my hair cut today, which I'm excited about. And planning for a very OP day.

EDIT: Haircut done! See new av picture.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 11-16-2010 at 12:21 PM.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #170  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

TheBunneh-Cute haircut! If you overdo it on Subway, that's not the worst thing. I almost got a sub there today, but decided I could just as easily make one at home (since I'm not ill and have no excuse not to).

Marniadec-We'll all you can do is move on from here. I'm so glad your cat is home! That must've been a huge relief! You still have half the month to turn it around. You can do this!!

Hopeful8-Excellent attitude! You're so right...sometimes we don't move as fast as we want, but if we're consistantly moving in the right direction, how can we complain?

ruth135-Good job on handling the weekend well. That's a wonderful accomplishment. The scale can fluctuate for a number of reasons, as you well know, so no worries there.

tttellier-That's fantastic that you're enjoying the time with hubby home, but don't forget to take good care of yourself!

I got back to 145.6 this morning, so the weekend cookie fest is nearly behind me. Today will be OP and then I should see some good news on the scale tmorrow. I'm letting DS do supper tonight (his request, he loves to cook), but will remind him to keep it balanced and include plenty of healthy things so it doesn't mess me up. Halfway through the month and I'm still holding steady with logging my food! YAHOO!! I may actual get to turn myself red at the end of this month for the first time in a long time!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #171  
Back at it...again!

November Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red

Ms Perception: Log food daily, Reach 141 lbs, Read a diet/nutrition book
cherbear: Reach 145 lbs, No pop, Track food daily
Jeni: Reach 173 lbs
JLNichols07: No Cokes, Reach 170 lbs
Wildflower: Reach 136 lbs, Stay at 1500 cals/day
VickieLou: Lose 10 lbs, Finish reading The Beck Diet
penmage: Cut out diet sodas, Lose 6.5 lbs, No snacking after 8 p.m.
anna78: Lose 5 lbs, Log calories
Kismet89: Lose 12.5 lbs, Log calories daily, Remember water
luckymommy: Lose 10 lbs
susiemartin: Lose 12.6 lbs, Weigh daily and post weight
My Michelle: Reach 150 lbs
starbrite: Lose 10 lbs
Lewisempire: Reach 200 lbs, Cut out diet colas
shoeless: Lose 10 lbs, Drink 2L water daily
I am worth it: Eat more vegetables and less sugar, Get back to 137 lbs, Exercise resistance muscle daily
RockinAsh: One cheat day/week, Lose 10 lbs
TheBunneh: Reach 175 lbs by 11/21 and maintain
zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs, Avg 1500 cals/day
eclipse: Reach 177 lbs
niitebug: Log food intake, Lose 7 lbs
urockmom: Lose 7 lbs, Check in daily
tigga: Lose 5 lbs
MysticBliss: Lose 8 lbs, Log food and water intake
energie: Lose 8 lbs
toastedsmoke: Lose 10 lbs, Start taking vitamin supplements diligently
LouisaH: Reach 145 lbs
emthompson: Lose at least 8 lbs
Imtrying2: No fast food
tttellier: Lose 8 lbs, Keep daily food journal
gypsychic: Lose 10 lbs, Eat adequate proteins/build lean muscle
AbstractSilver: Get out of the 190's, No soda/energy drinks, No candy, No fast food
Goforit24: Reach 125 lbs
ruth135: Lose 7 lbs
Hopeful8: Reach 144 lbs, No diet soda
WendyRN: Track food, Follow WW healthy eating guidelines, Get under 175 lbs
TERAPET: Reach 137 lbs
Marniadec: Lose 5 lbs
freakumdress: Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea: Lose 7.2 lbs
marie81: Lose 20 lbs, Track food daily
BlackRabbitofInle: Reach 145 lbs, Miss very few days of food/exercise log, Keep calories at 1200-1400
Old 11-17-2010, 01:25 AM   #172  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

The Bunneh: very cute pic, the haircut looks great!

Marniadec: glad you got a happy ending to the cat story. My cat disappearing story of two years ago is still a mystery, so I know the angst you went through!

MsP: thank goodness you're heading back in the right direction. What did DH fix for supper?

Yesterday was a bit out of control for me, and today was much better. I wish I knew why some days were so hard. It's like I'm possessed or something. I've been bouncing up and down between 150 and 152.6, and today I'm at 151. I stayed under my calories today and am hoping I will finally be heading downward--if only I can keep the demon away...I've gotta reach 149 before Thanksgiving.
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:18 AM   #173  
ISO my perfect body

good morning ladies!
thebunneh, super cute new do! I love your curls!
YAY MsP- keep onkeeping on!
LouisaH-I know what you mean with the days of possession, HAHA , I think we all know what you mean. Glad you are back from the dark side....

I myself, seem to be making slow progress. Of course another busyday planned today. So I will catch you all later! Hope you all have a great day.
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:54 AM   #174  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Ugh!!! So it has been a week or so since I have posted. This despite my monthly goal of posting daily so we know that won't turn red at the end of the month!

Along with not posting I have been pretty off-plan over the last several days. The scale has not moved either direction so that's something at least. TOM is also around corner and I think that has contributed to eating more and feeling bloated. I am going to get in a good set of cardio and maybe some Pilates now to see if I can make myself feel better. At least I'll be doing something. I also think I need to get back on track to eat more often.

Congrats to the gals who have already made their goals!!!!
Susiemartin~ That is a HUGE loss for just a part of a month!!! You rock!!!
TheBunneh~ YEA!!!! Super Job on getting to your goal!

I was looking through a magazine this morning and starting to think about healthy Thanksgiving recipes. Anyone else going there or do we give ourselves a day of good stuff-in moderate portions, of course-and then back OP on Friday?
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #175  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

174.8 this morning!

It may not stay, but still....YAHOOO!

Also, if anyone here ever decides to heat up a tortilla in a toaster oven (like I did last night....) and it forms a huuuuuuge bubble in the middle because you forgot about it (like I also did....) do NOT try to pop this bubble with your fingers. (It hurts about as much as the time I touched a stove burner right after it was turned off.....)
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #176  
Back at it...again!

Good afternoon everyone!
Today has been OP so far and going well. I was 145.2 this morning and I'm hoping a good day today will get me from 145.something to 144.something but we shall see.

LouisaH-It was my DS who "fixed" supper last night. So, he set out pineapple, carrots, cold cuts, low-fat cheese and crackers. I explained to him that I was a bit confused how this counted as cooking supper and his comment was that he couldn't come up with a good idea, so he decided to just make sure he represented all the food groups. (good idea) It was kinda funny because he has assisted me in cooking many times and knows how to make some simple dinners, but he was drawing a blank last night. Anyway, the kids all ate it and enjoyed, I opted for a baked potato topped with leftover goulash...and a bit of the carrots he had peeled. Everyone was happy.

LE-Thanks! Make sure you take time for yourself in that busy schedule!

urockmom-SO glad to hear from you! Many of us have been struggling, but today's the day to turn it around. At least the scale isn't being mean. As for Thanksgiving, I only get to bring a dish for the "leftover" meal (supper). So, that will be something healthy, but the lunch meal I will enjoy in moderation. I have a big meal on Thursday AND Saturday (one day each for DH and my families) so moderation is key. If I were responsible for the meal, I would ABSOLUTELY "heathify" it.

TheBunneh-Oh man! Sorry to hear you burned your finger. That sounds painful. Hope it tasted good at least! (the tortilla, not your finger )

Last edited by Ms Perception; 11-17-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #177  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hey ladies, just got back from the gym and had another fabulous supper prepared by DH (I'm so thankful because I don't know how to cook). Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #178  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Hi everyone, haven't check in much because my weight loss has completely stalled. On the plus side (I guess?) I've stayed with my goal of 1500 calories per day. I just haven't lost more than 1 lb since the challenge started.

Don't see myself reaching my 7 lb goal at this rate, but I am sticking to plan.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:19 AM   #179  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Good evenin' chicklets. I almost posted this morning, having to tell as many people as possible that I FINALLY GOT BELOW 150 today! 149.2 Wahoo! But I went over my calories today by nearly 400 calories--that evil sweet tooth (I think I have sweet fangs like a vampire, lol) got the better of me. I hope I'm not back up over 150 tomorrow.

I know that I am much more relaxed about how I count calories, which isn't great for my weight loss, but it's much better for my sanity, and if the last few pounds shave away slowly, so be it. I love sweets and if I get to include them in my diet, I don't feel deprived and resentful. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

The Bunneh: Ouch!

Wildflower: Check in anyway--I swear it helps the weight loss unstall! Good for you for sticking with your calorie commitment. Hopefully you'll get a whoosh soon.

Hopeful8: sounds like you're on it and doing well!

MsP: Ahh, I missed that it was DS preparing dinner--you are brave!

urockmom: definitely going to try to defatify the dishes I'm preparing for Thanksgiving! We've gone from hosting 7 to potentially hosting 18! Ugh, large families... Everyone who is coming is game to go a bit healthier, and the high cal things that are what they are will be enjoyed in moderation on my part.

LE: I hear you on the slow progress...but it's progress nonetheless!
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/132

Height: 5'1"

Hello!! Meant to post on Monday as a 'half way mark' post, but clearly forgot. Oops.

Am not quite on target - the water thing has been a total fail, but I'm going to see if I can do it for the remainder of the month.

So far have lost 3lbs, which is pretty cool. Ah well, onwards ever more and upwards, we'll see how close I can get to losing 10lbs by 1/12...

X
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote