W.O.W Halloween Challenge Week 2

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Good morning everyone. So I hope everyone hada good WEEK 1!

My goal this challenge is mostly to get back to my routine. I'm not so much looking to lose. (although it is happening ) I feel like I was pretty successful last week. I Hit my WEED 4 days in a row so I'm feeling pretty good.

My crazy schedule returns tonight. Well it starts to return anyway. We are still waiting for Will to start his new job. (several false hopes). But Swim team MWF for Mak and Lessons for Tommy TTH.

W 64 oz
    E 35 minutes before swim team (since dh will be home)
    E 1400 cals
    D Go in and workout after work.
  • Ugh, I did not stick to the plan on Friday or Saturday. I am so disappointed in myself. I ended up drinking too much on Friday and was about 200 calories over my "maintain" total in myfooddiary.com. Then, I went to a dinner party on Sat night and binged on pie. Right back at it! I did well yesterday, at least calorie-wise.

W: whoops, forgot to track this
    E: burned 350, which is extra than I'd planned cause I normally give myself the weekends off
    E: -611
    D: no snacking at all, so that's good!
  • Happy Monday, another crazy week, but on a good note, both kids planning to be home from college for the weekend next week!!

W 100
    E Just did 30DS although was super hard for some reason
    E Good choices, POP
    D Praying for DH still, his work is super stressful right now, I am worried about the amount of stress he is feeling.
  • Here's to starting the week on the right foot (regardless of how the week-end might have gone!)

W-64 oz
    E -30 min of cardio (I missed that this week-end, although I did run a lot of errands. Does that count?
    E - follow menu
    D - Declutering! and 15-min zone
  • Even though last week I didn't really set a specific WEED goal, I did pretty good. Got a good amount of water in every day, got my arm exercises in (not much exercise but it's an increase from what I've been doing) and stayed on track with my food.

W - 80 + ounces water
    E - Arm exercises every day
    E - 1400 calories or less, limited carbs
    D - Finish cleaning my house and basement before Friday (company coming).
  • Good Monday Morning Chickies!

Jeni- your vaca situation sounds just like mine, except I literally will go up 5-10lbs that week, and the rational me knows its not all fat- but the idiot scale focused me still gets depressed by it! This year I won't do it Just because I think I am on a different diet this time! I am eating more carbs and thats usually my problem...I bloat badly from them, but I think if I can stay away from Dairy on vaca I will be fine... BUT- Im having Ice cream darn it! LOL
    (*sorry for the novel)

Spingirl- shake it off, that sounds like me last weekend ;0)

Mama P- I am working on the house today too- sometime that darned Garage will get cleaned!

Well, on to my weed for the day!

W-64 oz(don't want to stress myself too badly! haha)
    E- Clean clean clean(and maybe dance while I do it~!(ive had too much coffee I can tell already!)
    E- McDougallin it! <1400/10
    D- CLEAN HOUSE BABY! It will be soo nice to have an orderly house!

The tile project is up and about 30 hours later I will be able to grout the whole thing... I think it will look great! I want to research some battery operated under the counter lights too...
  • Hip Hip Hooray!!

Hello ladies!! I am sooo sorry I am not doing personals to everyone - i am bad at remembering who wrote what, but I am reading everyone's post. All of you are such an inspiration. I used to feel (horrid jealousy) towards people who lost a lot of weight and wouldn'tn read their accomplishments cuz it always made feel horrible, but I do and I realize all this is possible and if they can do it I can do it!! Thank you ladies!!

I had a bad workout today - lots of pain in my feet and shins and calves..time for new shoes. I did manage 10 minutes on treadmill and 10 on elliptical and did my circuit training.

W = 64 oz and counting
    E- 20 cardio 30 weight training
    E - still no bread and pasta! or bad carbs YAY
    D - as scared as I am of this whole process I am feeling physically better.
  • to everyone. sorry no personals tonight. Mak did a great job on swim team tonight. I hope it keeps up! I got in my 35 minutes of cardio (running again!) Water is going in and my cals are at a good level. Dinner will be higher cals than I want, but totally in control with what I want since I ate light at work.

Have a good night all!
  • hi everyone!! I saw this thread a while back and wanted to join in, but I've been sick for a week now i'm feeling a little better tonight, so hopefully that means i'm getting better! i hope to be back in the forum this week, and if so I'll post properly to introduce myself. but for now, HI!
  • rdw: thanks for the nice words of encouragement! Weekends are so tough, right??! Sigh. Cleaning and dancing sounds like a delightful and productive way to get your exercise in.

shasha: WELCOME! I'm glad you are feeling better this week. And congrats on your impressive weight loss thus far.

I had a great day yesterday, and it felt so good! Exercise was a bit light, but I felt completely in control with my eating, and that felt so good.

W-68 oz
    E- -384/ -400-600 (SO CLOSE -- haha)
    E- -305/500 (still gotta work on this one)
    D- two protein-rich low sugar snacks and no more!
    Note: I'm modifying this a bit: instead of just one snack, I'm going to do two small protein-rich, low sugar snacks of 110 cal or less between lunch and dinner. I hope that's not breaking the rules! I just feel like this will work better for me.

OK, time to start another great day! I'm off to the gym and I'm gonna try to mix it up a bit: 30 min elliptical, 20 min treadmill, 40 min spin.
  • Hi everyone! I had a really good evening last night and decided to tackle strength training. Very light weights, but I feel like I've rediscovered movement -- it felt great! I'm hoping that by pushing myself this little more, I'll gain more mobility in my arms (which are still really tight after the July mastectomy )

Kris, Rikki - we seem to be on an early-week housecleaning gig (that's what my declutering and zone are about too!). I highly recommend dancing while cleaning - so much more fun, right?
    Rikki - are you going to post pictures of your tiling project once you're finished?

WillsAngel & Jeni - don't feel badlly about not posting personals all the time. As far as I'm concerned, I'm off work and so have time to take notes (yes, I'm anal like that) so I can do personals. I figure it will make up for the times I won't be able to when I'm back at work, or too tired from rads therapy later on. You're both doing great on our WEEDS, and THAT's the point of the thread!

Shasha - Being sick sucks! Hope you feel better soon; we'll be waiting for ya!

Spingirl - You're doing great! I find that a small protein-rich, low carb snack helps me between meals too - as long as I compensate and eat fewer calories at meals

W-64 oz
    E -30 min of cardio (10 min cardio; 30 min weight training)
    E - follow menu
    D - Declutering! and 15-min zone (missed this, though )

Have a happy Tuesday everyone!

(Edited because Kris and Rikki aren't the same people, although I'm sure Rikki would have liked to have someone (Kris?) to help her with her tiling!)
  • Quote: Kris - are you going to post pictures of your tiling project once you're finished?
    Is this question to me? Cause if it is, I'm not tiling. Maybe I missed a post by a different Kris. My big (never ending) project has been my basement. It is an unfinished basement that has my washer and (non-working) dryer, most of my stored stuff (except the junk in the garage) and my craft room. I've made a lot of progress, but feel like it may never get done.

Well, I need to get myself in the shower and get to work. Gonna be another busy day at the office. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Ack!
    Morning ladies. Hope everyone is doing better than I am. Haven't EVEN had time to check back, read posts, NOTHING! But I hope to take 20 tonight and catch up. WEED has been off, but scale is cutting me a break. Talk to you all tonight!
  • Shasha

Spingirl~I eat 5-6 times a day to help keep my blood sugar in check. I always make sure I have some protein to help fill me up.

Seawave~ Great job on the strength training. I hope you get your mobility back soon!!

MamaKris~Have a good day at work today!

Kris~ I'm glad you popped in even just for a minute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So i got my official W/I this morning. I'm sure I was right when I thought my meds were increasing my weight. Because I just don't lose 5 pounds in a week. I won't weigh myself again until next Monday. I am NOT going to focus on the scale for this challenge, (but I do like seeing it move so once a week is good). It is much more important to me to get back to my workout schedule and proper eating.

W 80 oz
    E 35 minutes cardio (still no weights, I am supposed to have PT today but I don't know if I will) I'm also gonna sit in the steam room for 25 minutes.
    E 1500 cals. Day off so its harder for me to keep my cals in check. I am NOT going to over do it today.
    D Stick to my plan for food. Do not over eat snacks and keep my sodium low.
  • Workout is done. I only stayed in the steam room for 15 minutes.