3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   September Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/211449-september-weight-loss-challenge.html)

dcapulet 09-05-2010 01:29 PM

So finally weighing in -

260 to start, so with 8 lbs as the goal, I hope to be 252 by sept 30.

Zinger 09-05-2010 02:56 PM

Hi All - checking in! I was away for 2 days, and tried to stay on plan. I did get some excercise too, I peddled 22 miles on my bike this morning. I didnt' step on the scale yet though, I will do that in the morning. I think I'm okay -

Enjoy your labor day events!

Ms Perception 09-05-2010 10:14 PM

Good evening ladies! Just checking in to say I'm fairly recovered from the flu and ready to get my game face on. Look forward to making goal and being proud of myself at the end of this month. It'll be a refreshing change, let me tell ya!

Ms Perception 09-05-2010 10:15 PM

September Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red :)

Ms Perception: Lose 10 lbs, Track food and weight daily
Rashomon: Lose 10 lbs, No fast food
susiemartin: Lose 8 lbs, Weigh daily, Check-in 3X/week
My Michelle: Lose 10 lbs, Weigh daily, Eat totally clean
Zinger: Reach 162 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat: Lose 6 lbs, Cut down on alcohol
TheBunneh: Reach 173 lbs
Lewisempire: Lose 8 lbs, Plan food everyday
VickieLou: Lose 10 lbs, Read Beck Diet Solution
dancerindenver: Lose 3 lbs
Aunty Jam: Lose 8 lbs, Quit snacking/Watch calories better, Stop eating at night
TERAPET: Lose 7 lbs
dcapulet: Lose 8 lbs
envelope: Lose 10 lbs, Stay on plan
Risssa: Lose 10 lbs
LouisaH: Lose 8 lbs
onestar: Lose 10 lbs, Drink only milk & water (with occ. adult beverage)
tamaraj: Reach 165 lbs, Find a fitness routine
econ nerd: Lose 10 lbs
nurse2be: Lose 10 lbs
julie99s: Lose 10 lbs, Cut back on drinking
FitVision: Reach 199 lbs, No regular pop
bikini bod: Lose 9 lbs, Drink 8-10 glasses water/day, Plan meals for each day
Newshinyme: Face the scale, Make a plan, Stay accountable on 3FC

susiemartin 09-06-2010 07:28 AM

Check In Time

Well I made and passed my Memorial Day - Labor Day personal challenge. My goal was 30 lbs. and I lost 34 :carrot:

I'm very happy.

Today I'm starting a personal Labor Day to New Year's Day challenge. It's 16 weeks more or less until the end of the year. I'm going for 35 lbs. It might be too ambitious - I'm not sure. Christmas always is a problem for me.

Hope you enjoy your holiday! I'm back outside painting :cool:

My Michelle 09-06-2010 07:32 AM

Congratulations SusieMartin, how wonderful that you met your goal! WAY TO GO! :carrot:

I was on-plan yesterday and I exercised, yay! Planning on having a great Labor Day!

In the last 28 days I've lost 12.6 pounds, so I know what I'm doing is working, but jeeze, some days I just wish the weight would go FASTER! The next 30 days will make a big difference in my body, I know that, I just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I'm really glad we have this challenge to stay focused. I keep telling myself that if I can stay in a good eating/exercise pattern now that by the time the holidays roll around I won't feel like I should cringe out of every photo. That right there should be enough motivation! To feel GOOD on January 1, instead of feeling like, "OMG I need to start losing weight!"

TERAPET 09-06-2010 08:48 AM

My Michelle-I know exactly how you feel. I get so excited and find it very difficult to be patient. I want it now. However, it doesn't work that way so we just have to keep moving along and then in time, (actually a fairly short time when I stick to plan) it happens. Right now I am a bit frustrated because my waist measurement has hardly changed in like two months. I know from past experience that this is the place where it starts coming off my waist again but I am not there yet. This is probably the month though if I can just hang in there and not go off plan. I do not want to think about how many times I have gotten lazy at this point and gone back to bad eating habits and regained the weight. I am not going to do that this time. And then I think, oh my gosh, am I really going to lose all this weight? Is it really possible? I lost my job back in May though and this is one thing that keeps me sane. If I can't have money, at least I can be skinnier! Ha,ha.

julie99s 09-06-2010 02:08 PM

Susie, congrats on exceeding your goal! Best of luck with your next one. You can do it!

My Michelle, congrats on your loss too. Fantastic! You are more than halfway there!

My weigh in today: 233 for a 2 lb loss

Been a lazy, and perhaps well deserved, weekend with the Y closed. 12 days straight working out. I needed a break I think. Though yesterday I worked up a sweat push mowing our lawn with no self propel. We usually use a rider for our yard. It's big. So I'm happy I at least got that in. Y will be opened back up tomorrow, so it'll be business as usual. Can't wait :) Oh, the kids go back to school tomorrow too, so I'll go workout at 830 after dropping them off. Excited for the earlier workout.

How often is everyone weighing? For my sanity, I can't do it every day lol

CardboardCutoutCat 09-07-2010 06:24 AM

Hi all!

Haven't checked my weight in a few days but I only had wine on Saturday which is great as I plan to only have drinks once a week Sun-Sun. I have Thursday and Fruday off work this week so if I have a night out anywhere it will be on Thursday.

I really hope I see some progress by end Sept..

susiemartin 09-07-2010 06:42 AM

Check In Time

Yesterday was OP - planning for another today.

Hope your day is a good one!

My Michelle 09-07-2010 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TERAPET (Post 3468837)
I do not want to think about how many times I have gotten lazy at this point and gone back to bad eating habits and regained the weight. I am not going to do that this time.

Yeah, I don't want to repeat that pattern because I've done that too. I've bounced up and down so much I now have a total terror of maintenance, because I do NOT want to do this again. As hard as waiting for the weight to go is, maintaining the loss has been harder for me (and I've been spectacularly unsuccessful), so I really, really want to maintain these good habit forever now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by julie99s (Post 3469265)
Though yesterday I worked up a sweat push mowing our lawn with no self propel. ... How often is everyone weighing? For my sanity, I can't do it every day lol

I use a reel mower too, it is quite a workout, good job getting that done. Great job on your 2 pound loss too! I'm currently weighing every day and trying not to freak at the normal fluctuations, but it is hard. I used to weigh once a week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardboardCutoutCat (Post 3470158)
Haven't checked my weight in a few days but I only had wine on Saturday [...]

Great job keeping the wine totally in check over the long weekend!

I was totally on plan yesterday, and I exercised, so I was wishing to see a slightly lower number of the scale, but saw the same one as yesterday. Ah, the body is a mystery!

Have a great Tuesday, gang!

Zinger 09-07-2010 07:16 AM

Hi, Labor day is done.. The unofficial end of summer.
Congrats to all of you who stayed on plan, and to those of you who lost! My Michelle, I know what you're saying about maintaining, its hard. I got down to 154 last year, and then I dunno what happened. I shot back up, and it didn't take that long. I didn't go back up to where I began, thankfully, I am trying to get back down before that happened. But can I just say Whewww... whatta journey!#$%

My weight hasn't budged.. I am still the same. I have to make some changes, because I thought I was going to go down...

SW 168
CW 168
GW 162

Ms Perception 09-07-2010 10:28 AM

Good morning everyone! It feels kinda like Monday since yesterday was a holiday for many. Ah well, I'm so happy to be able to check-in here nice and early and wish everyonea happy, healthy day. Yesterday went quite alright. We had a nice turn out of DH's family and I didn't go nuts with food. I also did a 15 mile run which certainly worked off any extra food I did eat, so I was happy to see I was down to 145.8 this morning. That puts me at 2.8 lbs lost so far this month! Well on my way to reaching goal. I just have to stay on course.

My Michelle and TERAPET-You ladies are singing my song. I'm really looking forward to mastering maintenance. I loved the way you said it, My Michelle... as I have also been spectacularly unsuccessful at maintenance.

Zinger-I see now you're in the same boat of losing and struggling to keep it off. Isn't it good to know that you're not the only one?! We're all just works in progress!

susiemartin-A huge congrats on your summer success!! It's such a smart idea to give yourself that intermediate goal to shoot for. Best of success to you for this next one!

julie99s-I weigh daily just because it works for me. Many, I noticed, weigh (officially) weekly, but may check progress every couple days. It's a very individual thing I guess.

CardboardCutoutCat-If you don't mind, I will henceforth refer to you as CCC or Cat. I stink at typing! Anyway, good idea to think ahead to restrict your drinks without feeling like you can't have any. Planning is key!

julie99s 09-07-2010 11:08 AM

A 15 mile run Ms Perception! Holy smokes! I can only dream. If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to get to that point? I honestly couldn't run to save my life and running's been an ongoing goal of mine. Certainly something that can be done anywhere, for the most part.
And congratulations on your loss!!

Way to go being totally on plan yesterday, My Michelle!

This morning I realized (again) why I don't like to weigh myself daily. I fluctuate so much it seems, even though I've been good. So I'll check in here, but I'll only weigh once a week. No need to sabotage myself :)
Busted my butt at the Y this morning. 40 minutes on the eliptical, all time high for me :D, and some strength training for my legs. Feeling good. Also, I've not had a drink in 10 days. I think exercise is staving off my desire to have a drink.

Aunty Jam 09-07-2010 11:58 AM

Ug... I am not doing well :( I haven't lost anything, it's a struggle just to get moving these days. I've been really depressed, I mostly post in the depression forum, I've been trying to branch out. I did get one piece of good news... my MIL finally dug out the manual for the treadmill she gave us and discovered it IS in miles and not in km as she told me. I couldn't figure out why I could run 5k outside but could only run "3k" on the mill. Yeesh. So I'm thinking of starting a new running program... maybe a schedule will keep me motivated somewhat.