Old 09-23-2010, 11:35 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

well you see I have to taste several of our products it is one entire piece of our candy along with two types of oil, the filling and 3 different nuts and then 2 mints. That is on a daily basis. I am hoping that it doesn't end up being to many calories.

Last week I lost 5 lbs this week just 1/2 lb. I guess that isn't to bad with TOM being here how I hate that feeling.
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:31 AM   #197  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Check In Time

Yesterday was OP planning for another today.

Hope your day is a good one
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:43 AM   #198  

HI Brand new on here. Lots of different strategies. Can anyone recommend a starting point? I am interested in fat burning>
Jeff DeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #199  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm OP on the road, yay! Though my loss has slowed, I'm still losing. Not sure I'll make my 10 pound goal for the month, I'm sitting at 7 right now, I guess I can hope I'm carrying some water weight from eating most meals out right now. I'm just thrilled to prove to myself that you can stay on plan while traveling!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #200  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Ms Perception, I don't know why I'm not losing. I drink plenty of water. It could be not enough sleep as DS has hit a rough spot (cranky, doesn't want to sleep in his crib, I think he is teething), but I wasn't really losing when he was sleeping well. The calories, I don't know. I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly where I need to be. I'm still nursing and I've seen a wide range of numbers, so I've been tinkering. I think I may join WW online again just because it's more direct, and it's worked well in the past.

Mystical, if I worked at a chocolate factory, they'd have to roll me out of there. Either that, or I'd be so sick of it, I'd never touch it again. Burger King did that to me as a teen. Blech!

My Michelle, wtg on staying OP while traveling. And congrats on the 7 lbs lost so far this month!

Back to the gym this morning. I took it easy yesterday, only 30 on the eliptical. Skipped zumba last night. 9th day straight at the gym today, but I'm making Saturday my official rest day. I think I was overdoing it and was dead tired yesterday.

Last edited by julie99s; 09-24-2010 at 08:22 AM.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #201  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all! I'm finally getting on here in the morning, but it's gonna be a quickie, 'cuz I got stuff to do and the kids only have a half day of school. I'm thrilled to report another pound gone. Don't know why I'm suddenly losing, but I'll take it!

mystical-Yeah, it's probably TOM. One piece of candy, a few nuts, and a couple mints isn't gonna kill you calorie wise. I eat sweets about half of the days when I'm OP and I still lose just fine (when I'm OP). Just keep up the hard work at the gym and eat right besides the work stuff and you're golden!

Jeff- Good to have you here! As far as first steps, I guess you'd want to sort of see what your end goal is and what you need to do to get there. If you're interested in fat loss/muscle gain, you'll certainly want to do a good cardio/weight mix for exercise and eat a lower fat, higher protein diet. You'll probably want to figure out about how many calories you burn a day (online calculator can give you a rough estimate) and then eat less than that. I'm oversimplifying a little, but I hope this helps you as you start out. Oh and drink lots of water!

My Michlle-I'm at about 6 lbs lost with 4 to go, but I'm trying to be optimistic since I've gone down like a pound and a hlf in a couple days! Great job eating right as you eat out!! That's awesome!

julie99s-Maybe WW online is a good idea. I'm a big believer in making sure you're getting the right amount of calories. I've stalled out both from eating too little and eating too much. It's a careful balance for me, so good luck finding yours!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 09-24-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #202  
Back at it...again!

September Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red

Ms Perception: Lose 10 lbs, Track food and weight daily
Rashomon: Lose 10 lbs, No fast food
susiemartin: Check in daily and Reach 223 lbs
My Michelle: Lose 10 lbs, Weigh daily, Eat totally clean
Zinger: Reach 162 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat: Lose 6 lbs, Cut down on alcohol
TheBunneh: Reach 173 lbs
Lewisempire: Lose 8 lbs, Plan food everyday
VickieLou: Lose 10 lbs, Read Beck Diet Solution
dancerindenver: Lose 3 lbs
Aunty Jam: Lose 5 lbs, Quit snacking/Watch calories better, Stop eating at night
TERAPET: Lose 7 lbs
dcapulet: Lose 8 lbs
envelope: Lose 10 lbs, Stay on plan
Risssa: Lose 10 lbs
LouisaH: Lose 8 lbs
onestar: Lose 10 lbs, Drink only milk & water (with occ. adult beverage)
tamaraj: Reach 165 lbs, Find a fitness routine
econ nerd: Lose 10 lbs
nurse2be: Lose 10 lbs
julie99s: Lose 10 lbs, Cut back on drinking
FitVision: Reach 199 lbs, No regular pop
bikini bod: Lose 9 lbs, Drink 8-10 glasses water/day, Plan meals for each day
Newshinyme: Face the scale, Make a plan, Stay accountable on 3FC
MaryOjo: Lose 8 lbs
roxannestags: Be a continuous poster (5 days/wk), Follow diet plan all month
Avezy44: Reach 175 lbs
mystical: Check in 3-4x/week
NightAngel26: Reach 230 lbs
Old 09-25-2010, 08:03 AM   #203  

Check In Time

Yesterday was OP - planning for another today.

Weighed 222.8 this morning. That's the lowest since my trip.

I'm not going to claim my September goal (223) just yet. I could see a fluctuation by tomorrow or the next day. I'm just glad the scale is moving in the right direction again.

Hope your day is a good one & you enjoy the weekend

Last edited by susiemartin; 09-25-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #204  
Back at it...again!

susiemartin-I'm glad you're seeing the scale moving in the right direction again. That's always a relief!

I was not OP today. I had a meeting this morning and although I resisted for the first couple hours, I eventually caved and had 2 donuts (after some broccoli and carrots ). That ended up being my lunch, basically, since I had no time to eat between that and supper, so I'm not gonna beat myself up too much. I'm sure I could've made better choices, though. I did have time after supper today to plan supper meals for the next week and a half. October will be a sort of transition month for me, so I'm glad to start planning for success.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #205  

Check In Time
Planning for a total 100% OP day!

Good thing I didn't claim my September goal.

We had a big party for my mom (who's visiting from out of town)....and I partied.
This morning I weigh 226.6 - that's an amazing 3.8lb. gain overnight. So much for party food

Hope your day is great!

Last edited by susiemartin; 09-26-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Well I don't know about all of you but for me TOM has brought me terrible cravings. Where do I begin Friday night was old fashion diner (burger, onion rings) then Saturday I was in bed most of the day and didn't eat so when I did manage to bring myself to life we had chicken and mashed potatoes, and then today I wanted nothing at all had a few fries and they made me sick. after all that I was still down to 201 but holding out on that for a few days LOL. I'll keep you posted. Hope everyone is having a great weekend
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #207  
Back at it...again!

susiemartin-Hope you enjoyed your mom's party. That's part of life, but time to get right back OP!

mystical-Your body is rejecting your food choices! LOL Isn't it great when our body forces us to eat right?! Here's to making good choices so you can hold on to the 201!!

Today was pretty much OP. Homemade strawberry smoothie for breakfast, then some pizza for lunch, but didn't overdo it. I probably could've survived with less, but it was tasty! For supper, I passed on the chips and had a healthy sandwich and broccoli. I felt good about that and now I'm focusing on drinking lots of water and getting to bed at a reasonable time. I'm running out of time to make progress toward this month's goal!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Cool Hello...checking in...

Ms Perception- Doesn't sound like you were having anything too terrible, and especially if you didn't go overboard...it's good to have a treat sometimes.

mystical- wow TOM cravings are great aren't they? Yeah I just got done with that myself. You got sick about food? Does this happen during TOM for you?

susiemartin- wow you must be excited to get there!! Congrats for you! no worries, even with a small fluctuation you have time!!

julie99s- hey how are you liking the zumba? It looks like fun, I'm not big on the gym myself though..... are you feeling the burn?

My Michelle- Yes traveling and keeping track is hard...it seems like a break in routine tends to be a problem. Sounds like you're doing great though!!

Jeff DeJesus-hey welcome!! there are soooo many options, there's a thread for every diet out there....and I think a lot of people are looking to burn fat (me too). I would just check out the boards and really this thread is great, they keep up really well and there's always one for the next month. I've been gone a while up until last week or so, and I can come look for this thread. I love it. Good luck and I hope you can find something interesting that you like.
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:27 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Wink ok.... checking in for real...

ehh.... 235 right now...kind of just wavering in that range....so 5 lbs more for this month.... seems kinda like a good goal. I've been eating ok, I recently did a week without starchy foods and that really made a big difference.....It's why I'm where I am now actually. Hope everyone is well, I'll check in again soon.
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:47 AM   #210  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Well, we're definitely in the home stretch now! This month I've weighed every day and I didn't know how I was going to like that, but I'm finally beginning to be mentally better about approaching the scale every morning. Some of the fear is wearing off, so that's good. I think I will continue with daily weighing.

Mystical: Tom has hit yesterday for me too, and I find myself having to turn away from food commercials they create such strong food cravings! I hate that! You're so close to breaking through to ONEderland, that's so exciting!

Msperception: You must be tapering for your marathon this coming weekend! How exciting, I'm sure you're going to KICK BUTT!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote