3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   September Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/211449-september-weight-loss-challenge.html)

julie99s 09-16-2010 10:54 AM

Scale this morning said 233, so I'm back down. A total of an inch and a half lost in my waist in a month. I didn't measure the rest as I was pressed for time this morning.

Missing a day of exercise kills me. Baby not feeling well yesterday, but fine today. So after missing yesterday at the Y, it was very hard for me to get into it today. My 65 minutes eliptical time became 35. My 3 sets of 12 strength training became 2 sets of 12. Planning on going to the 30 minute zumba class tonight, and likely the 30 minute yoga booty ballet that follows it. Now I know why I haven't been taking a full blown rest day. It's just like me to not want to start up again. I have to do *something* daily, even if it's just 20 minutes at the gym on a Sunday.

My Michelle 09-16-2010 03:17 PM

I hate colds in the summertime, I really do. I'm on plan, so at least that's good. Can't wait to break into the 160s.

Newshinyme 09-16-2010 05:12 PM

Check in time for me too!

Eating has been going well, pretty much OP. After I spent HOURS planning the weekly menu on Sunday, I'd better be, I am not going to waste all that effort LOL.

susiemartin: Feel better soon. I am sure that evil lb. will leave you soon. You might still make your goal.
Terapet: Too bad you never made it here. Vancouver really is a beautiful city, mainly in the summer LOL. Last year we had visitors in the fall and we pretty much spent the whole time at the mall; it rained pretty much everyday. I am really not looking forward to all the rain and gloom, although I do like the cooler temperatures.
Aunty Jam: Woo hoo! for the scale and woo hoo! for the muscles :)
julie: WTG on the measurements. I was wondering why you were working out so many days in a row; now I know. I am sure you will not have any troubles getting back into it, a little workout is much better than no workout at all I say.
My Michelle: You mean it's still summer where you are? LOL I hear you though, feel better soon.

See you tomorrow!

Ms Perception 09-16-2010 08:23 PM

September Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red :)

Ms Perception: Lose 10 lbs, Track food and weight daily
Rashomon: Lose 10 lbs, No fast food
susiemartin: Lose 8 lbs, Weigh daily, Check-in 3X/week
My Michelle: Lose 10 lbs, Weigh daily, Eat totally clean
Zinger: Reach 162 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat: Lose 6 lbs, Cut down on alcohol
TheBunneh: Reach 173 lbs
Lewisempire: Lose 8 lbs, Plan food everyday
VickieLou: Lose 10 lbs, Read Beck Diet Solution
dancerindenver: Lose 3 lbs
Aunty Jam: Lose 5 lbs, Quit snacking/Watch calories better, Stop eating at night
TERAPET: Lose 7 lbs
dcapulet: Lose 8 lbs
envelope: Lose 10 lbs, Stay on plan
Risssa: Lose 10 lbs
LouisaH: Lose 8 lbs
onestar: Lose 10 lbs, Drink only milk & water (with occ. adult beverage)
tamaraj: Reach 165 lbs, Find a fitness routine
econ nerd: Lose 10 lbs
nurse2be: Lose 10 lbs
julie99s: Lose 10 lbs, Cut back on drinking
FitVision: Reach 199 lbs, No regular pop
bikini bod: Lose 9 lbs, Drink 8-10 glasses water/day, Plan meals for each day
Newshinyme: Face the scale, Make a plan, Stay accountable on 3FC
MaryOjo: Lose 8 lbs
roxannestags: Be a continuous poster (5 days/wk), Follow diet plan all month
Avezy44: Reach 175 lbs

Ms Perception 09-16-2010 08:31 PM

Good evening everyone!
I'm doing fine here but I was taking it easy while the first day of TOM passed. Now, it's back to the same old stuff (in a good way). Food and exercise are fine. In a way, I'm looking forward to the life after the marathon. I plan to get get strangth training back into my routine, as well as changing up my running plan. I don't want to mess with it now, for obvious reasons, but I'm already thinking about what races I want to do next year and want to prepare a little differently. It's already time to register for the spring events! I had been so focused on the marathon, I didn't put much thought into next year, but I better get to it or I won't get into the races I want to do.
Have a great night ladies!

TERAPET 09-17-2010 09:53 AM

Good Morning All,

Just got back from my step class at the Y. That felt great. I was so sore this morning from working in the yard yesterday. I really needed the stretching. We have English Ivy all over the backyard. We should have never let it get so bad. It is so hard to pull up and even then it just grows back. So far I have it off most of the trees and I am working on one area of the yard. It is going to be a huge project.

My Michelle 09-17-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julie99s (Post 3483138)
Scale this morning said 233, so I'm back down.

That's awesome! Great job!

LouisaH 09-17-2010 02:43 PM

The weight loss fairy came to visit this morning, and left 151.4 on my scales, so I'm happy. The elusive 140's are ever closer...

Next Wednesday evening, we're heading to Maine by car. This makes exercise and food difficult. Exercise for obvious reasons. Food, not because we won't be bringing our own healthy food (fast food makes us want to roll over and die), but because of boredom eating. I plan to read a book aloud to DH while he drives, which keeps my mouth busy, but still. It's 24 hours of driving--sometimes that trail mix is hard to put out of reach!

I'm happy to see everyone eating well and exercising--hope all you sick chicks are recovering by now.

Have a great weekend!

Newshinyme 09-17-2010 02:54 PM

Hello all,

The weekend is here once again, and with it, all the pitfalls that come with lots of socializing. Going to MIL's house for dinner on Saturday and her cooking is always very calorie rich. I am thinking about bringing my own food or at least lots of vegetables to eat.
Sunday we are celebrating a friend's birthday; good thing is I am in charge of finding the place where we'll eat, and my friends are actually into healthy eating, so that should be relatively easy.

Have a great weekend everyone!

julie99s 09-17-2010 04:27 PM

Newshinyme, congrats on staying op. I must know, how do you go about meal planning? I'm so not that talented, nor organized. It scares me to think about how long I'd spend planning that out. Though a little less time on facebook and it might not be that bad lol.
Good luck at your gatherings this weekend!

MsPerception, that evil TOM is really something else. I tell you what, I've had 1 TOM since my pregnancy beginning in sept '08. God bless nursing. Hopefully TOM is kind to you and doesn't give you awful cravings and other pains in the rear.

That yard project sounds like a good, hard workout, TERAPET. Hope it goes smoothly.

Congrats on the loss, Louisa! Awesome! I hate road trips for the exact reason you stated. It's so easy to eat out of boredom. Good luck! What book have you got picked out?

I'm looking forward to, well, a whole lot of nothing this weekend. Going to workout tomorrow morning (no work for DH! YAY!), go to my ydd's soccer game, and watch football, racing, and baseball. ODD has gotten sick now. Stinks. 2nd week of school and she's missed half a day. She was wanting to get perfect attendance this marking period. Poor girl. Can't believe stuff's floating around already.

Was easier to get into my routine today. Only 30 minutes on the arc trainer, but that thing is so different than an eliptical. I had sweat just pouring off and wondered if I'd make it the full 30. I'll get there :) . Strength today too. Killed my arms, in a good way =]

TheBunneh 09-17-2010 05:07 PM

The scale has decided to be mean to me, and after seeing 175.0 the other day it has put me up to 176.4 for two days for no reason I can see. *sigh* Oh well, I just gotta keep moving forward, it will have to catch up some time.

I had two Dr appointments today, one was my first GYN exam ever, which was weird. And then a follow-up about my seizure with a neurologist. He said I might have epilepsy. They are going to do a sleep deprived EEG and an MRI in a couple weeks to see if I have any abnormalities. I have to wake up at 4am the morning of the EEG (and go to sleep no earlier than midnight) and can have absolutely no caffeine. Won't that be fun. :dizzy:

Newshinyme 09-17-2010 07:43 PM

julie: I am not very good at planning meals either, I've only been doing it for a couple of weeks. Before I did Nutrisystem which worked well, but I got tired of it. Then I tried just "winging it" every day which didn't work so well either.
Right now it takes me a couple of hours on Sunday to plan out the menu for the week. I have some books that I use as reference for sample menus and meals, and then I just plan out meals and snacks trying to incorporate one food group into each one of them.
I am hoping that after a couple more weeks I will have enough variety figured out for every meal that I will just be able to mix and match and make a coherent menu in less than 2 hours :lol:

Enjoy your time off this weekend!

My Michelle 09-18-2010 07:56 AM

Finally broke in the 160s, yay, a new decade!

I do my planning on Sundays too, and it is definitely worth the effort. I have four or five favorite meals for each meal time, so generally just rotate through those, so it doesn't take that long.

LouisaH: You're so close to the 140s, that's so exciting! Congratulations!

mystical 09-18-2010 09:03 AM

Good morning everyone, I know I didn't list a goal for september I have been so busy. I am now back and hoping that I will be able to check in with you all at least 3 or 4 times a week. I have a great meal plan that I am following and my new trainer well lets just say she is a bodybuilder and she really pushes me. I see her every Friday and that helps keep me motivated on the weekends. I am finally starting to see some weightloss and I am so excited. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :)

TERAPET 09-18-2010 01:56 PM

Right now I am sitting here watching GT football and trying not to eat anything. I am saving my calories for the sports bar this afternoon. There are two games DH and I want to watch but they are not available on our cable. I don't know if it is a good idea to go to a sports bar hungry but hopefully I won't be sorry.

mystical-Great idea to see you trainer on Friday. Weekends can be so tricky. All that recent hard work should keep you motivated.

mymichelle-Congrats on the new decade! WooHoo.

TheBunneh-It is good you are covering your bases with the medical tests.

julie99-Your exercise sounds intense. Good for you for hanging in there the entire 30 minutes.

newshinyme-Sounds like you have a good plan for your social events. Have a good time.

LouisaH-Congrats on the loss. Almost there.