3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W.O.W Laboring for our Bodies Week 5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/208851-w-o-w-laboring-our-bodies-week-5-a.html)

jcatron243 08-02-2010 10:13 AM

W.O.W Laboring for our Bodies Week 5

Here is week five ladies!

Yesterday was a busy day. It ended up being 10.5 hours for me. (not the 4 hours they said.) I'm not complaining.

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes
E 1500 cals
D stick to my plan

:welcome: busy!

MamaP 08-02-2010 10:20 AM

Week 1 ~ N/A
Week 2 ~ 226.5 (July 14)
Week 3 ~ 222.8 (July 19)
Week 4 ~ 224 (July 26)
Week 5 ~ 219.8 (August 2)

Almost to my goal of 216 for this challenge (would really like to hit 210). I am not going to post my WEED - I'm doing good just to function at this point, so survival is my goal.

PopcornGal 08-02-2010 12:06 PM

I am back after a looooong weekend. I had out of town guests. I was very disappointed with my scale - losing nothing for the week despite logging a lot of miles and diligently monitoring my calories. So I took the weekend off and ate more than I normally would of especially in light of having company. I figured today is a new day. So here I am.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk 4.5 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - ironing and hit the grocery store

SilverLife 08-02-2010 12:44 PM

Hi, all!

Quick post this time.

Today's WEED:

W: 16 of those eight-ounce glasses
E: usual nice movements and routines
E: my nifty, new plan
D: Being gracious and getting things taken care of.

I wish you all a lovely day! ;)

KimL1214 08-02-2010 04:56 PM

PopcornGal~ A new day it is! How are things? The important thing is that you are sticking with it!!!

SilverLife~ I hope you have a great day as well!

So my weekend changed drastically on Saturday afternoon. I was supposed to foster a dog Saturday night and deliver him to my sister on Sunday. He's a full bred miniature poodle that his family was going to "put down," aka KILL if they couldn't find him a home. They had been letting him run around in the woods for the past few weeks, without brushing or washing him. He looked like a dirty, icky mop when I got him. Well... he attached himself to me, and after the first night with him sleeping right next to me... I attached myself to him. So we got him groomed today and his confidence is much stronger and better, plus he looks terrific! He's been playing with our husky all afternoon, so I think he's really going to fit in!
As for weight, I saw a new number yesterday and then another new number today!!! I haven't seen the 250s in FOREVER, and am super psyched!!!

WEED for the WEEK!!!

W~ 100oz H20
E~ 30-50 Min. Walks and farm work
E~ Stay within WW points
D~ Work on doing stuff for MYSELF!!!

love2b150 08-02-2010 06:12 PM

I am a little bummed at the fact that my scale was up a pound this morning. But I did expect it since I ate 420 something more than I should have on yesterday, Saturday was a weird eating day and TTOM is here.

I didn't stay on point with my calories yesterday so I'll try it again today. Haven't had dinner yet but it's in the oven. The great thing is that the rest of week will be totally on point. Our church revival starts tomorrow so I will be out of here at 5:30 and by the time I get back it will be too late to eat. So my W.E.E.D. for today through Friday is ...

W ~ 96oz
E ~ 3 mile walk or elliptical if I don't walk in the early a.m.
E ~ calorie cycling stay on point
D ~ make this a better week than the last :D

emiloots 08-02-2010 06:18 PM

KimL -woot on seeing the 250's!!!

Silver - what's your new eating plan (I always like to see what others are doing with their food)

Popcorn - that right, new day! I have to tell myself that all the time :)

So DH is officially off to North Carolina for work for a few days. The nice thing is I don't have to make full fledged meals for dinner while he's gone. Tonight I had a slice of toasted sprouted grain bread topped with sliced tomatoes from the garden, salt and two eggs over easy - amazingly delicious and so simple.

P90X came in the mail today, have to read through the significant amounts of materials it comes with and get a plan together before we jump in to it. Thinking about indulging in a bath once the boys go to bed, we'll see. Hope everyone had a great start to their week!

W - 64+
E - nothing planned, dancing with the kids and cleaning
E - OP
D - relax, do a little organizing and try not to stress while DH is gone (easier said than done)

SilverLife 08-02-2010 07:40 PM

Hello, everyone!

Kim, congrats on your success! :)

Love2b, I'm sorry those extra calories have such a high price. It's good we know, and get right on our plans again.

Emily, I hope you all have fun eating simply for a few days. Don't know what it is about so many men and their wanting labor-intensive meals cooked for them. What is a P90X? Sounds like something Top Secret ;)

My new food plan is in my signature in the link. I was eating rather healthfully, no wheat/spelt, no sugar/honey/artificial sweeteners, no packaged foods, only filtered water, etc. Decided to cut out all grains, legumes and polyunsaturated oils. And I put in more animal foods, which is the biggest change for me.

Since doing these things, which has been simple to do, I have dropped four pounds in one week. I keep Dr. Harris' plan, except that I eat three meals a day instead of his recommended two. I use dairy products, but only cream, butter, whole milk/cream yoghurt and cheese. No drinking plain milk for now. I went to low carb:mod protein:high fat, and feel better than I have in years.

I thought that some of my aches and pains were ailments or age. They were due to eating the grains, legumes and polyunsaturated oils. My skin has improved tremendously. No more bone pain. No more stiff neck. I could go on and on. My nails are stronger and growing nicely.

I still count calories, and weigh and measure, because my hunger/thirst/satiety signals are not yet healed after decades of eating when I wasn't hungry, eating when I was actually thirsty or needed to rest or sleep. Eating for all sorts of reasons other than real hunger. The amazing thing is I'm eating 1500-1600 calories a day, feeling really nourished, instead of what the low fat:higher carb:calorie counting method recommended for me at 1100-1200. I feel so much stronger now. There are many women my age eating 900-1100 calories a day, wishing they could get away with more.

I feel much more clear-headed, have better coordination, am stronger, have better balance. My exercise and being thinner has helped those things, too.

I'm sleeping more restfully and have slept completely through the night since I've been on this plan. It's been eight days, and I feel as though I'd like to write an earnest thank-you letter!

It's grand. It may not appeal to some, but it was exactly what I needed. I wish I'd known years ago, how good it would feel to me to eat this way.

--

If you all feel like posting your food plans, I'd be very interested, as Emily is, in reading about how others are getting where they want to go.

Sending you all dear thoughts and a big smile! :hug:

KimL1214 08-02-2010 10:19 PM

SilverLife~ Sounds like you have a great plan going for you!

emiloots~ Are you waiting for DH to come back or are you going to try it out before?

love2b150
~ What did you make yourself for dinner? TOM is a pain, and only being up 1lb. between TOM and being a lil over in cals, is pretty good!

So I took Jake (new dog) with me to my friends, who also have small dogs, and he had a great time! They played and chased each other for over an hour, so I am guessing that he will sleep GREAT tonight. Berry farm is closed tomorrow to u-pickers, so I should be done working by 1 or 2, which leaves lots of time to get in a decent workout of some kind. Will depend on the weather as to whether or not I hit the gym or not... Have a great night everyone!!!

SilverLife 08-03-2010 05:03 AM

Good Morning, all!

Kim, I'm glad you'll have some time for yourself today.

W: 16 of those eight-ounce glasses
E: usual, nice things
E: my lovely plan
D: Some special prayer time today.

I wish you all a very sweet start this morning! :goodvibes

busy mummy 08-03-2010 08:22 AM

Well it's only Day 3 so far, and no change on the scales yet but I am staying optimistic.

I stuck to my WEED plan, drank all my fluids, half an hour of step for exercise plus 60 leg exercises. I have also started writing down what I eat so that I can keep track.

Tomorrow
W 3 Litres
E 30 mins
E eat breakfast
D busy day, make sure to take time to eat properly

Sending everyone good vibes for their scale readings tomorrow! :)

PopcornGal 08-03-2010 09:34 AM

Yesterday's WEED went badly. :( But part of that was because of a minor crisis in the family yesterday. Today is a new day - again. LOL

Kim - totally cool on the new number on the scale.

I feel like crap today - with my stomach. Plus we have people in our office from headquarters so no time for personals.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 30 Day Shred and hopefully a walk (heat is unbearable)
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - ironing

love2b150 08-03-2010 09:46 AM

Good Morning ALL :wave:

SilverLife I want to thank you for recommending fatsecret.com I love it. I can use it on my BB also which is great. I added a exercise tracker and weight tracker so I have no reason not to stay on point with everything :D :crossed:

Kim, I made tilapia cooked with spray olive oil, onion and pepper, green beans, yogurt, and 1/2 grapefruit, oh and a handful of oyster crackers as I was walking out the door for my walk :)

My W.E.E.D.

W ~ 96oz
E ~ 3 mile walk or elliptical if I don't walk in the early a.m. (did 2.14 this morning)
E ~ calorie cycling stay on point
D ~ keep smiling it's a beautiful day

Have a great day :hug:

SilverLife 08-03-2010 09:49 AM

Hi, all!

BusyMummy, congratulations on keeping your plan!
Popcorngal, am sending you lots of good thoughts. :hug:
Love2b, I'm glad that fatsecret works well for you. I like that I can look at the fats, proteins, & carbs for each of the days, all in a row on the calendar.

Sending you all victory thoughts. :goodvibes

KimL1214 08-03-2010 09:42 PM

love2b150~ I wish I could handle fish, but it really has an automatic gag reflex with me... do you know any fish that would be good to start with when trying to work towards being able to handle it?

PopcornGal
~ I hope you're feeling better!

busy mummy~ Tracking is super important for me and will help you see patterns with your eating. Great job staying optimistic!!!

SilverLife~ Not as much time as I had hoped for, but much more time for me then I am used to! How are you doing?

So I didn't get my 3-4 mile walk in, but I got a 2.25 mile walk on the track, which was probably more since I walked on the very outside of the track. The weather was icky until around dinner time tonight, so that limited my daylight time. My sister is coming down from Plattsburg tomorrow, so we're going to do something, just not sure what yet. Have a great night everyone!!!