Old 07-23-2010, 06:34 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all!! Quick fly by as I am running late again.

Had a good run last night, not great but good.

Kim, my puppy is almost 14 weeks. He is a beast!

W 100
E Not sure but will be some!
E POP
D Eyes on the prize!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:12 AM   #47  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Good Morning Everyone, Hope you all had a great nights rest.

SilverLife, I just figure that after so many years of going with me. He would know but twice I had to go back to the store so I just said forget it. And the times that I would ask is when he was coming home from work, since he passed several stores it just made sense. My Mom said they mess up on purpose so you'll never ask again. He says when I go with him he always spends more

Yesterday's WEED went well other than the laundry. It's done but part of the last two loads need to be put away, ughhh Unless I sit there and watch the children they take part of their clothes and leave the remainder, then say they didn't see anymore of their stuff, A bunch of slicksters gotta love 'em

Today taking my daughters friend for a doctors appointment up the highway, it's gonna be fun since it's Friday and the traffic backs up around noon. Going won't be a problem hopefully but a 35-45 minute ride going can easily turn into a 2 hour ride coming home. So I'll take deep breaths and stay cool
Oh and I weighed in this morning at 177.4 ... 175 wasn't a mini goal for me but I am getting really excited to see it.

Today's W.E.E.D.

W ~ 96oz plus supposed to be close to 100, today through Sunday
E ~ 3 miles with Leslie (got errands when I get back on my end)
E ~ P.O.P. gotta do it today since I be out most of the day, THINK & PLAN wisely
D ~ Stay calm in the traffic, keep the kids calm and stay OP

Have a Positively On Point Day Everyone, Happy Friday!
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #48  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday's WEED went well. Except we are in the middle of a heat wave here (as are a lot of people) and I thought I was going to pass out during my 4.5 mile walk at 5:00 pm.

Mavis - good job on the run. What kind of puppy?

Love - a good night's rest can really start your day off great. I looked up the Leslie Sansone DVDs and they seem similar to a lot of what I have. I should pull out some of my old DVDs. My favorite right now is Denise Austin's Metabolism DVD it comes with a resistance band.

Silver - I try to push really hard at the beginning because otherwise I just keep bouncing up and down those same 5 lbs over and over and over.....

Tiara - good attitude on the calories. Every day is a fresh start really and breaking it into a day at a time helps. I find when I am dieting I obsess over my meals. What am I going to have for lunch? as an example. Or choosing a boxed dinner out of the freezer gets to be a really BIG decision. Oh my WHAT should I have tonight? The stupid part is I get into ruts by choice where I will eat the same things over and over because they sound so good. Anyway just keep your eye on eating for ONE week and that will help jump start you.

With another heat warning issued for today I decided to get smart about it and do a 3 mile walk this morning before work. I figured if I want to do something after work then I can do a DVD inside. I know it totally sucks for my knees but I love to do an old step aerobic workout and I haven't done it since last fall. Prior to that it had been years. It was almost like seeing an old friend when I did it - kind of a fun nostalgia trip.

I am sooooooooooooo sick of the 160's but am struggling to lose the weight. I am going to just keep pushing.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 3 miles (done) and maybe an exercise DVD
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - start working on picking up the bedrooms
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #49  
~Rennie

PopcornGal, Yes it can. Oh I forgot to throw in that I sometimes weigh when I wake in the middle of the night to go potty. (a mess I know)

I saw a DVD on ebay for Leslie Sansone that has that resistance band and I thought about getting it. But I tend to get bands and pulleys and find them to be harder than I am willing to stick with. I did buy this thigh trainer today that works the arms also. I am hoping to tighten the skin on my thighs and my upper arms, so lets hope I use it. We had a heat warning yesterday but when we went out at 7:40ish the temp was 85 I was so happy. It's supposed to be a het advisory all weekend ... hoping for cool evenings.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #50  

Popcorn, he is a rottie. Our third. We have one other still with us, but he is almost 10. Our old girl passed on at Thanksgiving. Great running buddy when he gets a bit bigger. My other male used to like to go, but he is diabetic now, so doesn't go so much anymore, he is too heavy to carry if he has an issue and he has foot issues where he tears the pads alot and they don't heal well with diabetes.

Last edited by mothermavis; 07-24-2010 at 06:33 AM. Reason: user error
Old 07-24-2010, 12:41 AM   #51  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

hello everyone.. im having a good day.. i caught myself before i did anything id regret in the morning.. lol.. just wanted to check in im gonna be spending the weekend at my parents house so i wont be logging on.. but i will try. the upside of going to parents house is i have access to the DREADMILL..
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:30 AM   #52  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Looks like I'm the early bird today. Good Morning, all!

Today's WEED:

W: upping to minimum of 14 eight-ounce glasses per day
E: Callanetics, rebounding, walking, and assorted other movement treats
E: Revised plan, stick with it.
D: Keep the prayer and Bible study time as faithfully as the weight loss/fitness program. First things first!

Tiara, hope you have a lovely visit with your parents.

Mothermavis, your dog is such a cutie!

Love2b, hope you like your new exercise contraption. I've never gone in for such things, but some quite enjoy them.

Popcorn, take care in the heat. It was 100 here yesterday and nary a soul was out in the afternoon. I exercise at sunrise and try to be finished with my gardening chores before the shade is gone.

Sending you all good thoughts and best wishes for much beauty and joy in keeping your plan and for all of life today!

Last edited by SilverLife; 07-24-2010 at 02:30 AM. Reason: corrected error
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:41 AM   #53  

Tiara, happy dreadmill miles!! Seriously though, have fun at your parents.

Silverlife, glad you joined us, you bring such a gift of serenity into the mix. I love it.

I have a busy day & weekend, open house til 2, then I am going for a run in the community where my open is (on the lake!!) Lots of baking tonight because it's my turn to host coffee hour at church tomorrow, then tomorrow afternoon, I am taking my first golf lesson with my YS. OS is then going to join us for 9 holes. Can't wait

W 100 oz a day minimum!
E Running, need to do some weights as well
E POP
D Good choices and love myself enough to make them!
Old 07-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #54  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone. I'm sorry I'm not up for posting much these days.

WEED has been going well. I did have some margaritas last night. But I wont be drinking any more for a while.

Today we workout at 9 then we have Maks swim meet at 1230!! go Makenna!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #55  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday's WEED went okay. Didn't get my D in again. Too tired.

Today is my official weigh in day and I am STILL in the 160s.

But I am still pushing on. I just needed the mental boost of getting under that mark. So hopefully it will happen within this next week.

Jeni - don't worry about the posting. We all have periods like that.
Go Makenna!

Mavis - you DO have a busy weekend. Have fun golfing.

Tiara - spending time with your parents will be nice. Enjoy the dreadmill.

Silver - thanks for the always positive thoughts. I got up early to get my walk in today.

Love - seriously????? you need to stop weighing in so much. LOL How do you even remember what you weigh? I would be confused.

Today is a Rally obedience trial so I need to run. Try to catch up with you all later.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk 4.5 miles plus some abs exercises
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - get to picking up those rooms

Last edited by PopcornGal; 07-24-2010 at 09:55 AM.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #56  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Nothing much to report around here. I was 176.8 today. I had no workout yesterday and didn't keep track of food. Tonight I am going out for my principal's birthday. there will be drinking involved. I am going to try to keep it to a minimum. I'll let you know how that worked.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #57  
~Rennie

[B]TIARA[/B], have fun

SilverLife, yes wow that was early, but maybe not depending on where you are. Absolutely love your "D". I'm great with my Bible Study, I will admit that I am bad on the morning prayer sometimes He is still a working on me. I only bought that thingee because I saw it on a tv sitcom and I really need something to help tighten my thighs and upper arms and it was only $5.99. I like inexpensive.

Mothermavis, sounds like you have a great day planned, enjoy.

Go Makenna

PopcornGal, I only use the one at 6:30-7:00. It's just habit now and it actually doesn't bother me unless the scale stayed the same way for dayyyyys that I didn't handle well. Maybe when I get to 160 something I'll slow down. It does keep me motivated

Today's WEED, hmmm

My stomach is once again tight and it is driving me crazy. I usher tomorrow morning so I need some relief. Whew this is a bad feeling. I drank some prune juice, just need it to do it's job

W ~ 64oz - hard with a tight tummy, gonna try
E ~ probably something in the house supposed to be 101 today
E ~ breakfast was OK just need to be able to take in the rest of my meals
D ~ after all that above, make this a positive day after I hit enter

Have a Positively On Point Day Everyone
Old 07-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #58  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Popcorn, thanks for the kind thoughts. The colors as civil twilight appeared were beautiful this morning. I've noticed that the earliest twilight colors can be more amazing than the actual sunrise. I ought to sit, drink my tea, and take it all in, but I usually am hauling buckets of water around and giving the plants a good drink.

Mothermavis, what a lovely thing to say. Thanks ever so much. I'm really enjoying this challenge. To me, it has so many components of learning to live this new lifestyle. Goodness, you have a full week-end!

Jeni, am sending you lots of good thoughts. Hope you are having a special week-end.

Tiara, am thinking of you enjoying visiting your folks and getting some nice time in on the treadmill.

Mindy, take good care of yourself. Socializing can be a challenge.

Love2b, I'm so glad that contraption didn't set you back much money. Do you like it? I keenly enjoy Callanetics and my dance exercises for toning, strength, and flexibility. I'm always concerned that contraptions, devices, weights, and such will make bulky muscles, or cause an injury. I still have troubles from not warming up properly and doing things without being prepared when I was young.

Have added jumping on my rebounder to my exercise regime and am thoroughly enjoying it. I wanted to move more and the heat is tremendous now. Air conditioning, a tiny trampoline and a nice tape to listen to, or study my exercise videos to see what I could improve. It's great.

Sending you all thoughts of beauty and victory in this new, healthier way of living!

Last edited by SilverLife; 07-24-2010 at 07:45 PM.
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:11 PM   #59  
~Rennie

SilverLife, I only tried it yesterday briefly. It wasn't as hard as I thought but it will definitely take some getting use to build up a good workout. I surely don't want to injure myself. The two weeks with my arm hurting and not knowing why was enough for me, it may have only been a week and just felt like forever. I am trying to get an ab-doer to work on my side rolls. I used a similar machine at Curves so I know it helps tone. I won't spend a lot of money on anything that I am not sure if I'll really put it to use
Old 07-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #60  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

SilverLife~ I have a really cute trampoline that I love to use while watchin TV! Do you do anything while jumpin?

love2b150~ Tight tummy, yikes! How are you feeling? LOL, I know how you feel, my ex used to get lost in the store.

mtiger~ How did the bday celebration go?

PopcornGal~ You'll kick the 160s soon!!! Awesome job gettin up early the other morn! I wish I had the initiative to get out of bed before the 80s and 90s hit. I love the 5lb. challenges, they give me that extra push!

jcatron243
~ How did the swim meet go?

mothermavis~ How did the open house go?

TIARA~ How is your weekend at your parents?

So I think I figured out what is going on with why I have had such a hard time getting myself together. I ran out of my depression meds last week, and I haven't had a chance to get a refill yet. I noticed how out of it today I was, so I need to get a handle on that. Life has been entertaining other then that. Lots of working, but no exercising unfortunately. I think I sweat a gallon today though just working on the farm. Tired, getting ready for bed. Enjoy the rest of your weekend all!

Tomorrow's WEED

W
~ 100oz H20
E~ Berry Farm and Waitressing
E~ Stay w/in WW points
D~ Get back with it!

Last edited by KimL1214; 07-24-2010 at 10:43 PM.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote