Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #16  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies!

Kim - smoking is my fried food right now. One day at a time girl, and you're 2 days up on the "back to good" train. Dont worry bout tomorrow, just do right today. I'm not seeing much success on my quitting... stress is getting the best of me.

Jen - I'll see your load of laundry and raise you two! And I should probably add water to myself as well.

Was SOOO not wanting to go to the gym tonight. So I compromised, did 30DS and walked the trash cans back up the hill. I do believe my elbows are even sweating. Just want to get dinner done, get laundry going and sit down early tonight.

Hope you all are well. check in in the AM!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #17  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Well the monthly gain is gone. Back to 178.4 .....again. Can I count the times I've been here??? Did a lower body workout (40min.) plus a 1 mile run last night. Thought my legs and butt would be toast today, but they are okay. Need to squeeze in some arms today. Planning on cutting a ton of pine branches today. Hauling them away sounds like a good arm workout.

Keep working hard ladies.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #18  
Calorie Counter

Kris, almost all my laundry is done!

Mindy~my dang scale keeps going up.

TOM just ended and I expected some relief but it ended up higher than I have seen it since last summer. I know it isn't fat weight, but why am I retaining so much water??? I may have to schedule a doctors appt.

Today is Maks last day of school. Then we are going to head to the library so the kids can sign up for cards and the splash the summer reading program.

W 64 oz
E might have to start switching it up, but not really sure with what. I will run at least 1 mile then try doing some more weights or something. I am getting terribly annoyed
E keep it clean
D shop for lunches. Dinners are fine.

editing~my workout is done. I ran inclines today then I did the row machine. my aerobics instructor keeps telling me to come back, so I may try tomorrow.

Last edited by jcatron243; 06-17-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:17 AM   #19  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Ugh... I ate 4 doughnuts today. Need I say more.

The kitchen I cleaned spotless last night is destroyed.

The laundry I started sits wrinkled in the dryer.

I can't see the top of my desk.

And I am smoking like a 4th of July barbeque.

I need a do-over. Friday is gonna be a fresh start, I hope.....
Old 06-18-2010, 12:33 AM   #20  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

Hey did anyone see shrek. i saw it with my fam and i liked it. we got to see it in 3d.
i need to start drinking ore water i found my 64oz bottle and will be drinking from it. even if it killz me. exercise will come soon hopefully 2mo.

hope you all have an awesome weekend..
Old 06-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #21  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Nixmom~ I quit smoking two years ago (March 3, 2008 to be exact), so I definitely know how much of a struggle it is to quit. One day at a time… All of my friends are smokers as well, but a lot of them respected the fact that I was trying to quit and wouldn’t smoke around me. Stress definitely doesn’t help, try to find another way to release stress other then smoking (easier said then done, yes, but try). How is today going so far?

mtiger~ How are your arms feeling today?

jcatron243~ Is the water weight still sticking around today?

TIARA~ I saw Shrek 3D and LOVED it! I really hope it’s not the last one though, I know they said it is, but I really hope it isn’t!

One of my friends up the road wants to try and lose 25 pounds this summer and has asked me to do a little mini competition with her. We’re meeting today at noon to go over when we’re going to weigh in, etc. as well as food plans and liquids. She’s never done weight watchers before and wants some of my recipes, etc. Her family is really resistant to trying new foods though, although they want her to lose weight. Should be interesting… Means she will have to cook a separate meal for herself every night, or really work on them to switch to healthier food. Her boyfriends 6-pack of pepsi during the day and 6-pack of Michelob Light at night won’t help either as I don’t think any of them drink water, just soda, and beer for him… Helping her will hopefully help me become more strict with myself… Wish me luck! Today is Day 14 of no soda!

Last edited by KimL1214; 06-18-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #22  
Calorie Counter

Kris~We control what we do. Don't let one bad day ruin things for you.

Tiara!~yep I saw shrek and loved it.

Kim~I love friendly competitions.

I'm at my wits end right now ladies. The scale, sigh, the scale. It keeps going up even though I work out religiously. But I know why it is going up:

1. I'm not working out like mad anymore. I only do 70-80 minutes instead of 250 minutes. So of course I'm not burning up over 1000 cals a day.

2. I'm not eating 1200 cals a day anymore. I had to increase my calories because my mood swings were getting terrible and my energy level bottomed out.

So have come to a realization that 130 pounds is not a realistic goal for me. 135 is more realistic but I don't think it is sustainable. I am going to work back down to 135 by doing what I did before, double workouts on my days off and 30 minutes on my days on. I am going to count my calories and NOT go above 1600 cals. Once I get back to 135 I am going to call it good.

W 80 oz
E 50 cardio done/ 10 weights done
E no more than 1600 cals. I will be accountable to myself
D Stay accountable. Get in a workout before swim team practice.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #23  

Height: 5'3"

Jeni - I think that's a good mentality, when I did WW anytime I dipped into the 120's my body would fight like mad to get back to 130+, I basically had to eating practically nothing to maintain it - it made me miserable so I just told myself that that's not where I was meant to be. I settled at 135 and stayed here (until Connor came into the picture) quite easily. You have to remember that you're athletic, so muscle mass counts for a lot - I'm sure you look fabulous right where you are! It's the health, not the scale that really matters!

Sorry I've been MIA, can't seem to wrap myself around being truely good for more than a few days. I really want to have another baby, but just can't fathom it at this weight. So, I've just told myself that's not an option until I lose about 20 pounds - need some motivation! Hope all you gals have a great weekend, I'll try and catch up on personals later - Em

Last edited by emiloots; 06-18-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #24  
Calorie Counter

emily I'm so glad to see you. How are the boys? Thanks for what you said, I really appreciate it.

Today has been ok. Spent a few hours at my Moms. Makenna is having an allergic reaction to something right now, she has hives all down her arms. I cant think of anything new from the last time, so I need to see what kind of carpet cleaner they used last.

I'm still hoping to get in a second workout.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:26 AM   #25  
Calorie Counter

Good morning. I ended up NOT getting in my second workout. I had high hopes.

W64 oz
E 30 minutes cardio 15 core
E keep the cals below 1600
D its a workday so my goal is to workout after work.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all! Beautiful day in upstate NY!

I was reading thru all I've missed this week, has been busy! I still have 5.7 pounds to get to my 4th of July goal, so am sticking to my plans like glue!

Jeni, it sounds like you are spot on with your observations. Goals are made to be tweaked. You are a fabulous inspiration whether you weigh 130 or 140. Your kids now know how to live a healthy life, that's huge!!

I saw fireflies last night!

Kris, do-over day! It's funny that I came here this am and saw your posts about smoking, I was talking to the hubby last night and telling him I have actually decided to approach my dieting the same way I quit smoking. When I was quitting, I had to go one minute at a time. When I craved a cigarette I would tell myself that I would go clean the closet or whatever first, if I still couldn't stand it after that, maybe I would have one. Always, by the time I got into that, craving was better, not gone, but better. Sometimes, I would just go to bed so I wouldn't think of it anymore. I have to stop eating the same way, eat just what i have planned and then no more. Go do something else, every room in my house needs a bit of attention, so....

Today we have a graduation party. I am going to go late, so I don't have to stay for hours. Plus, if I am late, the food will be picked over/gone/warm and it won't be anything I want to snack on (it's supposed to be high 80's today) Right now, I am going to get off the computer and go clean the kitchen. Then I will lace up my sneakers and go for a run when hubby gets back (he has gone to town). Can't go before that because someone has got to keep track of the puppy!, he is to little to run and too busy to not pay attention to!

W 100 no excuses
E Run
E OP
D Stick to it!
Old 06-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #27  

Height: 5'3"

Mavis - where are you in upstate NY, I grew up in Rochester and I'm up in the Finger Lakes all the time (Keuka Lake). I miss NY, southeastern PA is just too darn hot in the summer!

Jeni - hope Makenna's reaction has gone down!

Hoping to have a good weekend, hosting father's day tomorrow so at least we have control of the menu. Waiting for Des to wake up and we're off to the farmers market - hopefully there'll be some good stuff. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #28  

Emiloots, I am near Lake George. I actually looked at Keuka College way back when, beautiful area!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #29  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

jcatron243~ Do you have a muscular build? I’ve told my doctor my goal of 140, which is at the high end for someone my height, and he has told me that he would be surprised if I can get that low as I have a really muscular build. I’m still going to try, but if it is a weight that requires depriving myself to maintain, I’m more then happy to settle for 150-160. If you’re healthy and you look and feel good, then don’t worry about it! You’re an inspiration to everyone!!!

emiloots
~ Having another baby is a great motivator to lose weight! You are totally capable of doing it!!! How was the farmer’s market? We’re the main berry producers at the local farmers market, which gives me a great opportunity to shop for yummy, healthy, organic food!

mothermavis~ Great idea going to the party too late so the food will be gone! I love your idea of cutting back on food and exercising the same way you quit smoking. It took me three times to quit, but when I did, I was very successful and now hate the smell and taste of cigarettes. Approaching dieting in the same way is a great idea!!!

Funny reading about you mothermavis and emiloots talk about upstate NY… as I went to college at Saint Lawrence University, in Canton, NY, only a few minutes from Canada…

Getting ready to make some yummy buffalo chicken wraps… then relaxing before heading off to work! Happy Saturday everyone!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:15 PM   #30  

Funny too Kim, because my children go to school at Plattsburgh. Very close to your alma mater!
Closed Thread