3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community
You're on Page 13 of 44
Go to

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   C25K: Get Running, Get Fit! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/203631-c25k-get-running-get-fit.html)

ap90 06-27-2010 04:37 PM

I just wanted to tell you all that I made it from from W4D1 ALIVE. It wasn't as bad as I expected. I guess I'm doing better than I thought. I walked at 3.7 and jogged at 5.3 throughout the workout. Last two minutes of the last jog I ran at 6.0 though. In terms of calories & distance, this was my "best" C25K workout yet.

Hermy 06-27-2010 07:19 PM

Wow you guys are so inspiring! I am really jelous lol.
I really want to do C25K but because of my bum knee I need to stick to low impact stuff for right now. My doctor said I should wait untill I lose at least 20 lbs. :) But hey it something I can look forward to in the fall when I get tired of the eliptical machine. It sounds like a really doable program.
Keep it up, you guys rock!

shortstuff17 06-27-2010 09:54 PM

finished week 1! I'm proud, last run I was able to go faster and increase my distance. Tuesday starts week 2, eek!

Natasha1534 06-28-2010 04:20 AM

OMG...I'm really thinking I wanna join you guys but I'm a little scared. LOL

I'm starting exercising tomorrow (for REAL this time) and maybe I should work my way up to this??? Maybe 2 weeks of regular workouts and then on to this???

ninepaw 06-28-2010 05:03 AM

Natasha, you just do what seems fine for you! Some people jump into exercise by starting this program, some wait a bit. I was about a month into my weight loss endeavors when I decided to take this challenge on, but there's really no right or wrong time to hop in. :) Look forward to seeing you around whenever you DO start, though!!!

:carrot: Shortstuff, you're jammin'! Keep it up!!! :D

Hermy, definitely something to look forward to! I mean, it seems like this crazy thing... Or at least it did to me. Still does, actually! But I am doing it and it feels amazing!!! So worth it in the end. ;)

ap90... You are my hero!!! :D I'm supposed to do W4D1 tomorrow at some point... SO freaking scared! :lol: I've already told myself that this may be a week I feel the need to repeat. We'll see!

candy love 06-28-2010 07:35 AM

I never started today :( I'm in such a rager I woke up super late and had to rush off before I could do exercise :/ So I'm doing it tomorrow morning instead, I would do it now but it's during the day and I get kinda nervous working out in front of people :/ But till then I'll do some leg lifts and push ups at home :) Hope you all had a good day :hug:

sha25 06-28-2010 02:19 PM

Back on track today, completed W2D3. I fell behind with my vacation but am back on board!!:D

shortstuff17 06-28-2010 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by candy love:
I never started today :( I'm in such a rager I woke up super late and had to rush off before I could do exercise :/ So I'm doing it tomorrow morning instead, I would do it now but it's during the day and I get kinda nervous working out in front of people :/ But till then I'll do some leg lifts and push ups at home :) Hope you all had a good day :hug:

you shouldn't hinder improving your life because you are worried about what other people think, in fact, most people probably dont even care. just get out there and do it!

ninepaw 06-28-2010 04:51 PM

Candy Love, I have to agree with shortstuff on this one. :) When I go out and run during the day(or any time, really), I don't let myself worry what other people are thinking. In fact, I tell myself that anyone who sees me out there doing my thing is probably thinking, "Good for her, making an effort to change herself!"

Is it the reality? Who knows! But if it isn't, that's the other people's problem, not mine. Because I AM making efforts to change myself... And anyone who thinks badly of that has some issues they should be working on themselves. ;)

Wild Vulpix 06-28-2010 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by ap90:
I just wanted to tell you all that I made it from from W4D1 ALIVE. It wasn't as bad as I expected. I guess I'm doing better than I thought. I walked at 3.7 and jogged at 5.3 throughout the workout. Last two minutes of the last jog I ran at 6.0 though. In terms of calories & distance, this was my "best" C25K workout yet.

Oh my gosh, I'm soooooo scared to do Week 4 :o

I'm doing W3D3 tomorrow, meaning that Week 4 is right around the corner :( I had such a hard time with W3D2 yesterday (my calves were so tired) and those 3 minute runs seem to go on forever... I haven't a clue how I'll be able to get though that next week.

Thank you for giving me a little bit of hope though. :^: But I'm still scared out of my mind :lol:

lanabubby 06-28-2010 09:12 PM

Hi everyone,
I just started finished w1d2. I am loving the way this is making me feel!
Hearing all of your stories is great inspiration.

skygirl 06-28-2010 10:28 PM

i had planned to start this program today but didn't, so i will try again tomorrow.

also, could anyone tell me if there is "one" c25k that is generally considered to be the best/healthiest? when searching online or reading different threads i see c25k plans that are different, like some are three days a week every other day some are four days in a row then a rest day. i'm not sure which one is considered to be the right one. or does it even matter? i just wanted to try to use the program that's tried and true and healthiest etc.

ok thanks :)

LauraLoooo 06-28-2010 11:21 PM

I just did my first day of C25k today! I loved it! I used to be so scared of running but I think this program is really going to empower me!

denice81 06-28-2010 11:51 PM

Hi Gals! I'd like to join in. I started c25k about 3 years ago and never finished because the weather got too hot for me to tolerate. I'm going to have another go at it though. I'll do D1W1 tomorrow and follow a Tu., Th., Sa. schedule. I'm also doing WW at home for weight loss.

I think I've caught up (more or less) on the thread, you are all an inspiration!

candy love 06-29-2010 09:12 AM

Hey, thanks gurls :) well I'm pulling it together and going for my first day, I'm nervious but I'm sure that feeling will go once I get out there, my friends invited herself along even though she never needs to exercise so I think shes just comming for moral support which I'm rather happy about, some of the roads where I live are blocked off but I'll find a way around it :)