Old 06-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #31  

This sounds great
I'm
sheila--new member. Love this idea count me in. Would like to loose 10 lbs by the fourth. I now weigh 150-4ft 11 ins. Short goal is 125.
W-60-80oz
e-walking 2-3 miles daily-aiming for 4
e- trying to eat "colors"
D-determed to DEAL with it all.
Thanks for the thread
craftymamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:25 AM   #32  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Sheila~

Lindsey~750 cals a day. I used to do that a long time ago. I found that I would get hungry and binge out to 4-5000 cals after a few days. It didn't last too long after I came here and really read up on calorie counting.

Kasey~Yay on measuring. I've found that even though I am up 4 pounds since Feb, I am still 1/2 inch smaller overall.

Kris~You are still absolutely amazing! I'm glad you are getting back to the workouts.

Back to work today. I woke up at midnight so I will be very tired. but at least I will have a quick day of cleaning.

W 64 oz
E 15 minutes core 2 mile run.
E eat what I pack, make a good healthy dinner
D get in my run

Last edited by jcatron243; 06-04-2010 at 05:29 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #33  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I'm a few days late in joining, but was happy to find a short, few week challenge, as I've had a hard time sticking with longer challenges... I figure if I can start by setting smaller goals with shorter challenges, I will feel more rewarded and keep moving towards my ultimate goal.

My name is Kim and I am a 26 year old paraprofessional, waitress, and after school program assistant coordinator. I work anywhere from 60-80 hours a week during the school year, and even more during the summer as I work with the summer school program, help out on my parents berry farm, and continue to waitress. Finding time for myself is always a challenge, but I am getting better at it.

One of my biggest goals for this challenge is to kick my soda and fried food habit. I have tried quitting both cold turkey and have ended up binging on both, so I'm going to try to decrease amounts of both until they are no longer a part of my daily food/drink intake. I normally consume a whole six pack of soda/day and average at least one fried meal/day as well. WAY TOO MUCH of both, so I'm going to try and cut that way down right off.

Weight Goal~ 15 lbs. by the 4th, so from 271 to 256...

Todays WEED

W~ 64 oz. H2O, max 2 sodas (1 must be diet)
E~ 20 Min. Walk (I have a 2nd degree sunburn, blisters and all right now, so exercise is limited until my skin soaks up the blisters...)
E~ Salad for lunch, fresca tacos from Taco Bell for dinner (anybody tried them? Any good?)
D~ Get at least 8 hours of sleep tonight! I will enjoy my evening out with friends tonight, WITHOUT getting out of control with food and/or soda!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #34  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks Jeni! You are also so encouraging. I appreciate it.

Welcome KimL1214! Mini goals are great. You should join in on the 5 lb challenges. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...nge-113-a.html Good luck on giving up the soda, I know it's hard. I gave up Diet Coke ~ it was not easy. I haven't had a Diet Coke in nearly 3 months. I will occassionally (very rarely) have a diet root beer or diet 7-up or something but I don't have a problem with those (I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE Diet Coke).
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #35  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

Jeni- Uh oh, I don't want to go on to a binge. I go through phases where I eat a lot, an other months were I eat like a bird.

Yesterday, I did pretty good, 80oz of water, and got in a long session of muscle toning, stayed within my Calorie goal, and I went to see my friend play in the competition. He didn't win though.

Todays WEED:

W: 80oz-100oz.
E- Muscle toning, Walk 5 miles.
E-Stay within 1000-1200.
D-Work on my posture..
TheLindsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #36  

Height: 5'3"

Kim - Welcome! I love VT! I lived in Burlington on Maple street for a while - DH and I want to retire there!

Feel like I'm going to turn into a salad, we eat it for lunch, dinner - we have so much lettuce in our garden every meal must include one! Going to be a godmother tomorrow (which is kind of funny b/c I'm not religious at all), but it's my best friends son.

W - 64+ (done!)
E - ummm not much
E - OP so far
D - finish up the laundry and weed the garden

Last edited by emiloots; 06-04-2010 at 05:26 PM.
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #37  
Calorie Counter

Kim what a crazy schedule you have. You need to make sure you schedule "me" time in!!!! Give up that soda!!! You don't need it, there are plenty of alternatives!!

Kris~I hope you had a good day!

Emily~congrats on being a godmother. I'm my neices godmother too. I did turn into a salad well ok, but after 3 months of all salad all the time, I grew tired of it. Thats why I am having trouble getting back to my 1200 calorie diet.

Lindsey~great job on the Toning. I don't have the paitence for it. I do some resistance and weights, but I prefer running.

WEED has been great today. I even made myself go for a run afterwork. My foot hurts as a result, but It will be fine after some rest. Ok, time for dinner shower and bed!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:55 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Well, it finally happened. My husband pointed out that I've been gaining weight.
It hurt. Alot. But maybe, it's what I need.

Back to ....
100 oz a day
Finish C25K again, move on to one hour runner this time, use the new Y membershio
Eat 1200 a day
Pull my head out of the sand and carry on
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:59 PM   #39  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Marathon Post Beware!

Heya girls! Ready for a marathon post? I’ve been away too long.

Well I am back from my trip to Oregon. My niece is beautiful, my sister is amazing (as always) and my BIL kept me on my toes with his dead pan humor. It was a fantastic trip. I travelled with my dad, just he and I, and it was a good bonding experience for both of us. Laura June (my sweet niece) was the first thing in 10 years to make me forget about the stresses of life. She is perfect healing for a worn out soul. I feel rejuvenated and after a little more sleep, will be ready to tackle this challenge head on!

I did make a commitment today, and signed up for the gym again. Hubby took the plunge back to it while I was gone, and dragged my butt down there today to sign me up. I think this is going to be a fantastic thing for us!

Catch up:

Jen – New car? What kind? How exciting that is… except for the 900 pages of paperwork.

Mavie – ahhh 43… still young! And a new puppy! We need pics! I am ALWAYS begging to go the pound just to hang out with the poor little critters there. Rarely get to, but when I do I fall in love over and over and over! Glad to see you still here and ready to MMUNCH with ya!

MamaP – Nice to meet you. I’m a Kris too AND we are both spelled the RIGHTway! I love crafting and Target too! Keep on trucking girl! I look forward to learning more about ya. By the way 28 lbs in 3 months is fantastic. I’ve been here 3 years and have peeled of about 6 :} That’s about to change though!

Momof6 – Welcome back… I think I faded off the thread about the time you came into the WOW world. I would love to know how the green shakes go… my lil sis is a big fan of the raw food thing. Good luck!

Passion –welcome aboard! I think I will commit to 10lbs with ya. We can do this… positivity is key!

Nchellie – MY GIRL! Hows sobriety? I just spent 28 hours in the car with my dad who has finally been sober longer than he drank. It is such a blessing to have him, even with all of his quirks…. He, too, replaces the addition with excessive focus on other things… wood working, painting cars, piddling in the garage CONSTANTLY. Find that focus on loving yourself and mastering this weight thing will just be a result of it! (fist bump) J

Mtiggie – what can I say. Missed ya muchly and thought about you often. I hope all is going well in your world and I look forward to catching up. You’re running 3 miles now! You go woman!

Emiloots- My sister, EMILY, is just who I went to visit and we picked up her CSA share when I was there. What a fantastic program. I am going to look for one in my neighborhood. I have never had the smell of fresh produce fill my car when I buy it at the grocery store. Good for you on being part of one!

Popcorn – Where will your boys be in CA? Maybe I’ll keep an eye on ‘em for ya J Whem my oldest (only) moved out I held it together and then rented a sad movie, watched it alone and BALLED LIKE A BABY. I know its bittersweet, but how exciting for him to spread his wings. You get to brag about his success out in the world soon. You just hang tough! We’re here for ya.

Lindsy – Welcome – you are in a good place to get motivated!

Zoochick – Welcome back! Here’s to a full 3 lbs disappearing before that reunion! Congrats on the change already!

Craftymamie – welcome, welcome! Good goals!

Kim – 60 to 80 hours work a week! You have got to be a freakin energizer bunny! But when you gotta do what ya gotta do… such is life, eh? I will take the “no more soda” plunge with you if you like? We can keep each other in check! And I switched from regular to diet by doing 50% of each in a glass. I realize neither is any good for ya, but it was a quick calorie cut without feeling super deprived. Just a thought.

Okay – so I think I’m caught up. This is not my normal post (so don’t freak out new girls!) but its been so long I wanted to get back up to speed. Plus, I actually had the time to do it!

My weekend WEED to get reprogrammed is this:

W: 64 OZ tomorrow
E: Portion control even though BBQ food is inevitable
E: A walk with the kids to the park
D: Weigh, measure, and get my board together. My new motto “FIT BY 40”

The chick at the new gym looks like Jillian Michaels. I hope she has the same impact. I guess I best quit smoking.... fooey. (i did do 4 days without! - not good enough though.)

Good night weedies!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:32 AM   #40  
Calorie Counter

Hi Kris. I was just thinking about you. I was wondering how your trip to oregon was. My car is a Kia Forte. Its the base model (all I was willing to pay for) but the safety features are amazing. I love it, it has 4 doors (which was why I got a new car!) My gym is doing a bootcamp this summer, but the timing is during Tommy's swim lessons (darn it)

MM~ I hope you enjoy the gym. I'm sorry your hubby noticed your weight gain.

Work again for me today. I hope we are running.

W 64 oz
E 15 core 35 cardio
E keep it clean
D make it to the gym
Old 06-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #41  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

Uh oh the scale is moving in the wrong direction.
I have really got to get this together because none of my clothes fit.

Today's WEED-

W - 64 oz.
E - walk at least 1 mile (just did 1.8)
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - use the stuff I have been learning in class at the agility match today
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #42  

Oh NO!!!Joined a challenge one day and went off the wagon the next. Went to a dinner with friends and had spaggati and meat sauce, I did good with measuring and weighing and stayed within my points untill they pulled out the cake!!! I had a half inc pc of pineapple cake and half inc pc pf banana cake, so that blew it. Guess I'll walk an extra mile today. I WILL GET BACK ON TRACK now, after reading everyones posts. Thanks for the encourgment.
craftymamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #43  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

MamaP~ Regular Coke is definitely going to be the hardest for me to give up. I’ll check the 5 lb. Challenge out…

emiloots
~ VT is definitely somewhere I plan on staying, unless I have to move for a job, but I still want to end up here in the long run if I do have to leave. I’ve been staying with my parents a lot lately and they eat salad for every lunch and dinner, so I totally understand when you say you feel like you’re going to turn into a vegi…

jcatron243
~ Have you always been a runner or is it something you built up to?

Nixmom
~ Congratulations! I have a new niece as of May 6 too! It’s so exciting to meet new members of the family! Having your hubby as a gym partner sounds great! I’m not quite ready to totally quit soda, but I am on to diet only now…

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I hit everyone of my goals yesterday, except the eat. A tour bus was at the food court the same time as us, and the two places they flocked were Taco Bell and Subway, so I ended up with super evil pizza… soooooo, as much of a failure as the evening was, I was able to restrain when my family and I ordered Chinese tonight and stick with Beef and Broccoli, and only 3 Crab Rangoons… Crab Rangoons, bad, yes, but I used to eat between 8-12 of them at one sitting.
ANYWAYS… WEED for tomorrow, as I was unable to get on early enough to set one for today…

June 6
W~ 80 oz.
E~ 20 Min. Walk, at least 20 min. weeding the garden
E~ No Fried Food, chips, etc. Diet Soda only
D~ 8 Hours Min. sleep, Start tracking WW points
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:56 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Count me in for July 4 challenge! I'd like to hit 7 pounds down between now and then.

W - Drink some, don't drink much now
E - 40 min treadmill & 20 minute yoga M-F am; hike with dogs on weekend
E - OP on WW
D - Am I hungry?
kris2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #45  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

I'd love to join in late too!! Just found this. I will post more about myself soon but gotta get to bed so I can make it to work tomorrow. I'm in a Biggest Lose Challenge at work that will end July 4 so this is great.

W: This is all I drink besides coffee in the a.m. so I'll have to think about a goal.

E: Goal: 45 min 5x/week. Today was a rest day

E: Goal: 1200-1500 calories

D: Goal for this month is to clean out all my closets and have some positive self talk rather than beating myself up continually. Also I will journal my eating and exercising.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote