3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   June Weightloss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/203184-june-weightloss-challenge.html)

LouisaH 06-08-2010 11:59 AM

Nella: I said DARK chocolate.

MsP: Congrats on the Tri! My weekend was tons of fun, tons of booze and tons of food. None of those things were in the kind of excess I used to indulge in, except maybe the fun, so rather than seeing a gain on my return (I didn't even bother trying to track food), I was down 1.8 pounds from my Sat. morning weigh in. I'm still waiting to get to 169.4, or whatever the magic number is that will put me in the "normal" BMI range that I was so close to hitting two and a half weeks ago, and haven't been able to change my ticker to reflect reality, lol.

I'll try to get to more personals tonight. I gotta crisis at work to go deal with. Sounds like you chicklets are all kickin' some June bootie! Keep it up, you're inspiring me!

Ms Perception 06-08-2010 01:56 PM

Nella-I here ya loud and clear on the pre-TOM cravings. It hasn't hit yet, but it's probably right around the corner.

LouisaH-Isn't it nice when you're off plan, but can reflect and think to yourself, 'At least it's not nearly as much as I used to eat.'? It's some consolation to know we're making progress, ya know?

Today is DS's half birthday. I almost forgot about it and then yesterday I remembered. I know, I know....who celebrates half birthdays? Well, we do...and so we're going out to his fave place tonight for supper. It's the local pizza (and lots of other yummy stuff) buffet I've mentioned before (because that's where I commit 80% of my food sins!). LOL Anyway, I've gotten rid of most of my weekend excess only to thrown myself into more temptation. WOW! I am crazy!!! The idea on half birthdays is to let the 1/2 b-day person choose the meals for the day and treat them extra special. The kids sometimes get 1 present (if any). They just love the special treatment. So today I have made homemade buttermilk waffles for breakfast (I ate Kashi GoLean and an orange), Blue mac and cheese with a hot dog octopus for lunch (I had leftover stir fry and brown rice), and then supper I already mentioned. DS is in heaven! He loves this kind of stuff. It means WAY more to him than any gift. I've gotten lots of :hug: today which makes me feel super :D! Hope everyone is enjoying a rewarding day as well!

mystical 06-08-2010 03:02 PM

hello every I know I have MIA for the past couple of months it has been so busy with trying to find a job and that now going well and then we had to travel back to Arkansas to get the rest of our things out of storage and make the 20 hour drive back to Ontario. I am so glad to be back home but we now have boxes everywhere and I have to figure out where to put everything. Feels like we just move in again and we have been in this house for a hear now LOL. As for the weight loss it has not gone up or down I am floating around 212-215 but I am back now and finally back to eating right and going to the gym so hopefully I will start feeling better again... I am going to need all your support I have miss you all so much and you all help me out soo much. Hope you all are doing well I have allot to catch up on. I am going to set a goal for this month to lose 5 lbs so wish me luck and I am going to start posting every morning again that seems to keep me on plan so much more. Chat with you all very soon... By the Friday was my 11th year anniversary :)

NightAngel26 06-08-2010 06:20 PM

ok...

So we went to Chuck E Cheese's, and really.... their pizza is not that amazing....I guess people dont go there for the pizza anyway. However, I did have a few pieces... and the scale showed it but I should be ok. Otherwise, not really making my goal in exercise...I haven't been home lately. :o

The good news is that we bought a Wii and I bought the board and wii fit plus...so it oughta be a fun workout! :cool:

I also hope to get working soon, as doing something all day beats looking at my fridge all day ;)

onestar 06-08-2010 11:36 PM

had an OP day today. i managed to resist the cookies at lunch time. and i finally got to get in my regular exercise. i'm so glad the stomach thing has passed.

there are a lot of things going on in my life right now and i'm starting to freak out a little. most of it is about money. i need more lol. thinking of getting a weekend job but the thought of cutting my time with my daughter even more is a lot to take in. not sure if i can do it.

LouisaH 06-09-2010 12:23 AM

Hopeful8: California is like Mecca for healthy food if you seek it out! You'll do fine, and bringing your exercise dvds is a great idea.

Onestar: are you feeling better yet? Too bad loss of appetite doesn't come without having to feel like crapola too, huh?

susiemartin: I hear that if you're standing up while you're sampling your cooking, there are no calories. (or was it that there are twice the calories? Hmmm.)

Mystical: welcome back! Congratulations for maintaining during your time away from here. Glad to hear the trip back to retrieve your stuff went well and that you're getting settled. People seem to come and go here, but there are always a few familiar friends, and plenty of new cheerleaders to help welcome you back in.

MsP: It's true. I do feel much better about how I eat even when I over do it. I was talking with my co-workers (who are all family) about what food snobs we've become. With the CSA biz we're in, we have a hard time eating any store bought or processed foods, and just can't bring ourselves to eat anything but "happy meat" (as we call it). So that makes the urge to binge on crap really easy to overcome. On the other hand, it's a pain in the butt many times too. I am repulsed by the thought of fast food and chain restaurants--although I understand Chipotle typically uses local, happy meat and real food, and if I think about what I'm probably eating in a place that doesn't say where it comes from, I kind of ruin it for myself. It makes me feel high maintenance...ew. The half birthday celebration sounds like it's as much for for you as for the kids--awesome!

NightAngel:Hopefully that WiiFit will become your new addiction, and I think you're right; I've never heard of people going to ChuckE Cheese for the pizza, it's always for the kid's party. You'll work that pizza off in no time with your new toy!

Two more busy days coming up with difficulty trying to eat low cal on plan. If there were more time to prep them at work, I could eat endless fresh veggies...those blasted nut butters and homemade preserves on tortillas sure are fast and delicious, dang it! Have a good Wednesday everyone.

susiemartin 06-09-2010 06:24 AM

Check In Time :)
Yesterday was OP with lots of cravings. Here's to another OP day today:carrot:

Hope your day is a good one!

bama girl 06-09-2010 09:49 AM

136.6 this morning! I don't know what in the world has jolted my body into losing again, but I will definitely take it! :)

SW: 138
CW:136.6
GW: 129.9

ap90 06-09-2010 11:21 AM

Had a great last two days. Trying to lose the couple pounds I gained over the weekend. It's also TOM though so I know it's a lot of water retention as well. I've been hoarding water. Still a few pounds away from being overweight though.

Mellabella01 06-09-2010 11:49 AM

I did my weekly weigh in yesterday and I am down 2 pounds!

motivated chickie 06-09-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mellabella01 (Post 3332364)
I did my weekly weigh in yesterday and I am down 2 pounds!

Good for you. Yay. :carrot:

I'm posting in here for accountability. I'm back on plan and lost my vacation gain. Now I'm shooting to get into the 120s. I saw 129 this morning, but I can't celebrate yet. Lately, I've been doing the lose/gain roller coaster. Today, I commit to eating on plan & getting some walking in.

Ms Perception 06-09-2010 01:21 PM

Hey ladies! How's everyone doing today? Sounds like those who are reporting in have good news!
Last night's meal out did minimal damage since I came home and did a 70 min workout to balance the cals I took in. Today has been a wonderfully OP day and I feel satisfied with my progress this month. While not ideal, I'm not allowing one off plan meal turn into anything more than that. I knew this month would have it's off plan meals, more so at the end of the month (during vacation), but I wanted to be in control and not let food become the enemy. I feel great right now and don't want to mess up this feeling of being in the "zone". This next week is my week to get to my weight goal. I know I can do it!

mystical-Oh my goodness! It's SO good to hear from you!! I'm glad things are settling back down for you and that you maintained during your absence. I'll add you to the goal list and you be sure to keep us posted on your progress!

LouisaH-You food snob! LOL I wish I could be more of one. I am a little, but only with certain things.

onestar-I hope you're able to find a balance with work and family that still makes sure the bills get paid. That's a tough situation, but I know you'll make a good decision. You've started that habit with your health and I know it'll carry over to the rest of your life! Take good care of you; stress is horrible for weight loss!

NightAngel-Have you tried out your Wii yet? Let us know what you think.

susiemartin-Great job ignoring the cravings and their evil little voice that beckons us all to the calorie loaded junk. The more you ignore it, the quieter their voice gets. You'd think we'd learn to just keep saying "no", but I know I'm still learning! LOL

bama girl-That's so rewarding to see the scale is moving again, isn't it?! Way to keep on doing the work....it always pays off!

ap90-Nice job getting rid of the weekend weight, now moving on to those last few "obese" pounds. You got this!

Mellabella-You're making good progress! Keep it up and you'll easily make your monthly weight goal. How's the tracking coming? and the water?

motivated chickie-Woo Hoo on the 120's...just because you won't celebrate doesn't mean I can't for you!! LOL That's exciting! I can't wait to get there, but I'm taking the long and winding road. ;) Also good job kissing the vacation weight good bye!

Ms Perception 06-09-2010 01:23 PM

June Weight Loss Challenge Goal List
If there are any mistakes or updates, please let me know! :)
Red=Goal Met!

Ms Perception: Reach and maintain under 133 lbs, Take multivitamin, Track food
DoraUK: Log all food, Drink at least 1.5L water daily, Reach and maintain 116-120 lbs all month, Be at most 120 lbs for 6/26 graduation
Vladadog: Reach 230 lbs
NightAngel26: Lose 15 lbs by b-day, Eat out 1x or less/wk, pasta 2x/wk, Eat 6 c. fruits and/or veggies/day
wrdfrog: Log calories daily, Stay below 1600 cals/day, Lose 6 lbs
mizb1978: Lose 10 lbs, Drink at least 64oz water daily (shoot for 128oz)
eclipse: Reach 216 lbs
gottahlose: Take vitamins daily, Lose 8 lbs
starbuck: Lose 10 lbs, Drink more water, Be totally vegan (no cheating)
starchild: Eat 1400-1600 cals/day, Limit drinks to water, tea, or water/juice mix, No potato chips, Reach 225 lbs
Quillie: Lose 3 kg, Buy new clothes in a regular store, Homemade ice tea instead of diet soda, Implant order
Hopeful8: Lose 10 lbs
ap90: Drink 2L water daily, Reach Overweight BMI, Lose 8 lbs
susiemartin: Lose 8 lbs, Check-in daily
MOM24QTS: Weigh under 150 lbs, Weigh-in daily
Oh 2 be me: Lose 10 lbs, Switch coffee w/half & half for green tea
InControl2Day: Reach 130 lbs
TeaRose: Keep logging food, Make smart food choices, Lose 5 lbs
MiniChick: Lose 8 lbs
girlieyorkie: Lose 7 lbs
Avezy44: Reach 200 lbs
alyssarof2012: Keep the LR clean, Track food daily, Eat healthy 98% of the time, Lose 5-10 lbs, Drink at least 4 c. water daily, No soda
eryn s: Lose 10 lbs
goodnuff: Track all food and drink, Stay within WW points, Drink at least 64 oz water daily (aim for 110 oz), Lose at least 5 lbs
Summer2010: Lose 7 lbs
knobhdy: Lose 5 lbs
Mellabella01: Track WW point, Lose at least 5 lbs, Drink water
aluxa: Lose at least 3 lbs
urockmom: Lose 7 lbs
tamaraj: Get below 180 lbs, Continue to log food daily, Keep drinking 3L water daily
bama girl: Get out of the 130's, Try 1 healthy new recipe each week, Keep drinking at least 64 oz water daily
VickieLou: Lose weight, Reach 229 lbs
KimL1214: Lose 11 lbs
onestar: Lose 8 lbs, Check-in daily
MissChief: No food after 9:30 p.m., Measure breakfast cereals
LouisaH: Lose 10 lbs
Terre: Lose 13 lbs
Lewisempire: Log food daily, Drink 64 oz water or tea daily
Lostmyself: Lose 1 lb/wk, Keep up food diary, Don't be a slave to numbers
motivatedchickie: No smoking cigarettes, Reach 130 lbs
Scatterheart: Lose 10 lbs
Nella: Lose 5 lbs, Drink 64 oz water daily
dangerouscurves76: Eat 1200-1500 cals daily, Lose 6 lbs, Take vitamins daily
mystical: Lose 5 lbs

MiniChick 06-09-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Perception (Post 3332534)
Hey ladies! How's everyone doing today?

I'm having a bit of a hard time. We're on vacation visiting family right now, and it's all about eating out. I can feel that I've gained a few pounds, but I don't know how much because I don't have a scale that will give me an accurate weight. The only scale around is the old spring scale which is very inaccurate. I'm at the point where I'm going to just buy myself a digital scale so that I can get back on track. That probably sounds silly, but weighing on a regular basis really helps me to stay on track.

mystical 06-09-2010 05:32 PM

My weekly weigh in is on Saturday so I will let you know how well I do with my first week back "nervous" Things are going well with my eating and the entire family made it to the gym last night, so glad to have DH, and both my sons joining in with us... It makes it so much more fun to have everyone there. I only managed to do 20 min on the treadmill and 15 min strength training before I started getting sick at my stomach.. Oh well guess that means my body is going to have to get use to the workouts all over again. Slow and steady wins the race right. Have a wonderful night everyone :)