May Weight Loss Challenge - Page 11 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #151  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

louisa, (and ayone else) i'm down for 7 days OP. i'm gonna start today.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #152  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Good Morning All - Check In Time

Yesterday wasn't 100% OP.
I'm a County Volunteer Coordinator & busy with the Pennsylvania primary election that's next week - it's STRESS STRESS STRESS & CONFUSION all the way!!

We've got 6 days to go & the whole thing is about as much as I can take.

After May 18th I'm going to need a 2 week vacation - no kidding. I'm a zombie and exhausted from burning the candle at both ends.

Hope your day is a good one. Mine's about to get crazy.... again

Last edited by susiemartin; 05-12-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:34 AM   #153  
Toight like a Toiger

S/C/G: 225/208/160

Height: 5ft9

Sooooo... up another pound waaaa lol. I was feeling down so I measured even though I promised myself not to until 6/3 to make it all the more special :P and I am down half an inch in my waist. I cant pretend to not be disappointed in the gain but the smaller waist is awesome sauce! I so wanted to be 204 this coming Monday (Mon is my official weight in date every week. This way I can at least look forward to soemthing on Mondays hehe)

And to show how lazy I am I shall copy and paste this awesome from my May 10 day challenge board lol *insert dancing carrot here* lol I did this in quick reply and cant see the dancing carrots :P

Happy Wed!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #154  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning, all! I'm feeling good this morning having marked all my sale stuff and cleaned most of my garage yesterday. Today I'm off to mom's to set up so I gotta scoot after some personals....

Hopeful8-That Rocks!! Bet you're loving that new avatar! Keep on truckin', girl.

aluxa, onestar,and LouisaH-The only reason I was hesitating on another 7 day challenge is because I'm going to be at my parent's today, Friday and Saturday eating what they feed me while I help at the sale. I have little control in terms of WHAT they offer me to eat, but I can control my choices and the AMOUNT. I'm pretty sure they're gonna feed me stuff that's not OP, ya know? I can TRY though, and if it doesn't work, I will just get back up and try again after Saturday. So.....count me in (starting today is fine)! I know I have one planned meal eating out that will be my "cheat" meal, but that is "on-plan" for me once a week. Although, I'm trying to make my cheating a little less bad if you know what I mean. Let's hope that meal and the rest of the week is fantastic and filled with good healthy choices!

Lola Dark-Good plan to do an add-on goal once you reach your initial one!

LouisaH-Prepping for the sale is exhausting, but we do it every year, so it's not overwhelming like it would be for someone who was doing it for the first time.

susiemartin-Take a deep breath and remember it will all slow down soon. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN and the extra stress won't be able to sway you!

Gamerlady-I'm glad to hear you thought to do measurements. I know you wanted to wait, but sometimes we need that positive reinforcement to let us know we're making progress when the scale is being a little difficult with us! Here's to 204 on Monday!!
Old 05-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #155  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

Down to 224.4 today. So that's 2.4 down for the month, 4.4 left for my may goal.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #156  
Toight like a Toiger

K so I was dropping it like it was hot in front of the bathroom mirror where I work (celebrating my half inch lost NSV) and didnt notice that someone was in the bathroom with me... so I was so absorbed in...er dance? I didnt notice her come out and wow I never saw anyone look so scared lol. It was funny yet embarrassing. She was a vp :P She left and I was able to finish my dance routine before returning to my desk
Old 05-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #157  
Back at it...again!

Gamerlady-Oh my goodness! That is hilarious...you shake it girl! I know I've done more than one happy dance in my time. They're so fun!!

eclipse-Great! You're making the progress, so keep on doing whatever's working!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:22 AM   #158  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi Chicklets, the scale finally went back down today--reading 173.4, which only puts me down 3 for the month so far. Since I'm shooting for 10, I'm hoping to have a couple of good drops here shortly. I'm .4 pounds away from 40 pounds lost since I started here on Jan. 1st, and that makes me pretty happy.

MsP: I don't plan out my meals ahead of time, but still feel like I'm eating on plan if I'm recording it and staying within my calories. It's sooo hard to do when you aren't the one preparing your own meals, but you'll be fine this weekend. You know enough to be in control. I consider "off plan" to be those "oh screw it, I don't care" snacks or meals--when you know you are going over your allotment but do it anyway. This is usually accompanied by thoughts or rationalizations of "I'll get back on track tomorrow." (For the record, I have not done this since I started in Januarly, wahoo!). Maybe I'm a bit lax in my interpretation of OP, but it's what works for me, and I figure, this is what living the rest of life is going to be like. I keep room for a sweet treat in my day several times a week or I'll feel deprived. I like the idea of the planned "cheat meal" but am afraid to do it. Do you mean you don't count/tally it, or it's just a meal you eat out that you didn't prepare, so you know it will not be as healthy as what you'd normally be eating?

Keep up the good fight, everyone!

Last edited by LouisaH; 05-13-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #159  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

Red face weigh-in

Starting weight: 170
Week 1: 166.2 (5-6-2010)
Week 2: 168.6 (5-13-2010)
Week 3: (5-20-2010)
Week 4: (5-27-2010)

i'm a little dissapointed with my weigh-in this week but i have a few factors that are probably causing this; muscle soreness/swelling, my cycle, and constipation. so i'm not feeling all that hot this week. my cycles are usually never this bad. i dont know but i'll be glad when it's over. (sorry if tmi)

my first day OP yesterday went ok. i should have just had salad for lunch but i had salad AND pasta. but i didnt have seconds and i had a small portion so i think i'm ok. i just need to be sure to get all my water in.

Last edited by onestar; 05-13-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #160  
Toight like a Toiger

Onestar when I am constipated I always reach for a banana and a cup of coffee. I see your tmi and raise you! lmao

Last edited by Gamerlady; 05-13-2010 at 11:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #161  
Back at it...again!

Happy late morning to everyone! The scale bumped up for me today which was unfortunate, but I'm still trucking along. I guess I had too much sub sandwich last night for supper??? Anyway, I totally would've had some kind of sweet treat after supper, but it wasn't planned, so I told myself "no" so I could consider myself OP for the 7 day challenge. I gotta start weighing twice weekly once I hit goal. This daily stuff can be misleading. I try to always look at the overall trends so I can see the progress even when it doesn't look promising on a day-to-day basis. Another busy day planned here. I'm getting the house picked up for my grandparents' visit. It's mostly my room that needs attention (I didn't get to it last week as planned) and then sweeping and vacuuming. Good times!

LouisaH-I don't usually do a weekly cheat meal, but that's how May has fallen for me. Many situations came up that I just chose to incorporate into my plan. The cheat meal to which I refer is absolutely not counting anything, calorie-wise, and indulging in treats that I normally can't fit into my calories. To tell the whole truth, this time it's a local buffet we're going to on Saturday. We haven't been there in a month and a half, so it's a super special treat. It's my family's VERY favorite local place. The kids all request it, if given a choice, and so does DH for that matter.

onestar-Don't be discouraged. Get some extra fiber in your diet and drink plenty of fluids (water mainly) and things will work themselves out. I find the fluids especially important right before and during TOM. Also, I used to not even track fiber, but now it's one of the main things I focus on. Hope you feel better soon!!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:21 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Everyone!! Life has been so crazy!!!!been busy busy girlfriend. Glad to see everyone has been doing great.

Tuesday a friend and I got a wild hair we decided to go hiking at the trails. We left the battle field at 6:30pm. We hiked 1.8 miles. Decided to hike the next 1.8. On the way back it started getting dark. We got about a mile from the battle field it was dark. We got to see the sun set. It was beautiful! We scared some deer. They were so pretty. One doe jumped in the creek and swam across to the other side. It was 9:40pm when we got back to the parking lot. That was a 7.2 mile hike. I had already hiked the other end of the trail earlier in the day. I got 9.1 miles in!!! Yeah!!!! My goal is to walk the whole 12 mile trail. I have to wait for the rain to stop and dry up a bit.

I weighed in at 153.4 this morning. I broke the 154 that I was stuck at for ever!! Now I need to hold it and not creep back to 154. My DD and I went to Good Will to get some shorts. I bought size 12's. I cant believe they fit. I got a bit rambunctious and bought a pair of 11's. They are a little bit tighter (read smothered) than I like, but something to work into :-)) I have lab work on the 18th. Was sooooo hoping to be 150 by then but........... please wish me luck. Everyone keep up the great work. Catch ya all later Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 05-13-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #163  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/116/113-116

Height: 5' 3.5"

hi i'm new.... i've been 123lb for over 3 weeks now, but 2 days ago discovered calorie counting!!!!!!! Yeah, slow learner.

I'm still 123 but my modest target for the end of may is to be safely under 122! This is extremely dull for everyone else obviously, but will be super exciting for me.

Stand by for thrilling updates through may......
Old 05-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #164  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

I'm Checking In
Things are still pretty crazy here. I'm not 100% OP. Need to do more planning. I'll be so glad once next Wednesday get here!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #165  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

I had an unscheduled stop at McDonald's today - but I just got the southwest grilled chicken salad - yummy, and OP!
Closed Thread