3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   G2010- Reflections of the way life used to be (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/198578-g2010-reflections-way-life-used.html)

sprklemajik 04-05-2010 02:50 PM

G2010- Reflections of the way life used to be

Hi ladies, here's the new challenge:

April 5 - May 31st! :carrot:

We can do Weigh ins on Mondays,

So
4/12
4/19
4/26
5/3
5/10
5/17
5/24
and
5/31

so 8 Weeks of Weigh Ins.

Please update your signatures.

Copied from last year: As for the theme of this challenge – “Reflections of The Way Life Used to Be”. I want all of you to think of one (just one) bad habit that they had at the beginning of the year that you’ve now broken… or a good habit that you’ve built. Also if there was any key component in doing so. Building good habits and breaking bad ones is the key of living a healthy lifestyle – and ALL of us are here in order to do that and to support and learn from one another… so help a fellow Chick Out!

My Additional Challenge for 2010 - pick a new habit you don't have worked out. Post how you're going to revamp that habit. Then lets give accountability for this challenge if we've revised a bad habit.

sprklemajik 04-05-2010 03:03 PM

Alright, so a new challenge:

I'm setting two goals: Reasonable - 15 lbs in 8 weeks, SW 219 GW 204. My real goal is to loose 20 lbs and be 199! I know that it's not really to be expected, but I'm going to require myself to be on plan every day until I get to 199, even if it takes longer than Memorial day. So there will be no cheats for me until then. You ladies have to help me stay accountable.

Plan is 1600 calories on weekdays, 1800 on weekends. I'll also be aiming for exercise of at least 30 minutes 5 days per week (which I've suprisingly been getting lately). Running with my boss 3 days/week certainly helps.

Reflections:
A new habit I've been working on- learning new stress coping mechanisms. I'll say that wonderfully I've been exercising, taking a bubble bath, cleaning, playing with the dog have replaced my binge eating when I'm stressed out. Sometimes I just take the time and go ahead and cry. No more eating. I've been fighting a lot with my Mom lately, and have been testing this. So Victory!

A habit that needs changing- I need to spend time actually cooking healthy meals. I know as a calorie counter I can eat anything - but really... Me spending all morning waaaaaay on plan, i.e. oatmeal, vegetables, lean protein, whole grain bread, and leaving a huge chunk of calories for dinner so I can have taco bell for dinner is kinda dumb. I mean, every once in a while (like once a month) would be fine, but once or twice a week is a why I've not been losing for the past few weeks. I know I'm only cooking for myself, but I can cook all the weeks worth of food and keep it in the fridge for all my meals for the week.

How to fix it, I will plan 3 meals (with multiple servings for leftovers for dinners and lunches) and cook them tonight so that I will be all planned out for the rest of the week. I will do this same plan on Sundays when I'm instate over the weekend and on Mondays when I'm in TN for the weekend (so there is no excuses). I'll also pick up 2-3 frozen meals to keep for filling in holes.

Dixiemae 04-05-2010 05:40 PM

Im in on this one.

Goal for this challenge: I want to be 145. Doesn't sound like much but the closer to goal I get the harder it is to lose weight fast. Sw153 GW145 = 8#

I will 1) eat less white foods except Cauliflower and beans :-) That means no white flour, rice, sugar, less salt, no white potatoes. cut back on starchy processed foods. 1a) eat raw fresh veggies and fruit.

2) drink more water 64 ounces a day

3) be faithful to my exercise. I fell off the wagon and rolled down the hill in Feb. Wasn't accountable. Accountability is utmost.

How to fix this: plan in advance by writing things down putting appointments and meetings in my phone scheduler so Im not caught surprised at the last minute. Then go off half cocked not prepared for the event. This way food is planned ahead. Exercise is allowed for. and $$ is set aside.

I did get finances in control. I am living within my budget.

sprklemajik 04-05-2010 10:04 PM

Dixie- way to go on your good habit. Finances are super tough to take control of.

My daily update: Calories 1410, Exercise: 1hr15 min hard yardwork.

I didn't mean to be so far under 1600, just happened. I also got two of my 3 meals for the week cooked tonight: spicy shrimp and couscous and flank steak salad. I've got chicken spaghetti to make tomorrow night or Wednesday night, and a few more veggies to cook. I'm excited about being back on plan. My boss had an afternoon meeting so we didn't get to run, but at least the yardwork was some good exercise. Talk to you ladies tomorrow.

Dixiemae 04-05-2010 10:53 PM

Sprkl~recipe for chicken spaghetti. Sounds so good would you mind sharing your recipe please pretty please :-)) I went for a 30 minute walk

dandimae 04-05-2010 11:58 PM

Hi ladies...just finishing up some cleaning and heading off to bed! I'll see you all in the morning and update my signature then! I'm excited to get this one started.

mrsaugie 04-06-2010 08:10 AM

good morning everyone. I am starting at 220 this time. don't know where I want to be by the end. All do know is i will be about 10 lbs lighter some time next month. :D

knobhdy 04-06-2010 08:51 AM

Hi Ladies.

I am in again. My goal for this challenge is to lose 12.9 pounds, and bring myself into ONEderland. It is probably more than I should expect, but I can't resist the challenge. My other goal for this time period is to be able to run for 30 minutes in a row before Memorial day. That will take a lot of work as well, since I am barely able to do 5 minutes right now.

I will be jetting off for vacation on May 30th so I will miss the last weigh in and the beginning of the next challenge, but at least I will be warm. :D And on my first vacation with my Sweetie in the 11 years we have been together.

I need to think about my reflections, so I will be back later.

sprklemajik 04-06-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsaugie (Post 3234294)
good morning everyone. I am starting at 220 this time. don't know where I want to be by the end. All do know is i will be about 10 lbs lighter some time next month. :D

I had to read your post 2x before I got it. :D cute! and you are sooo close

Quote:

Originally Posted by knobhdy (Post 3234350)
Hi Ladies.

I am in again. My goal for this challenge is to lose 12.9 pounds, and bring myself into ONEderland. It is probably more than I should expect, but I can't resist the challenge. My other goal for this time period is to be able to run for 30 minutes in a row before Memorial day. That will take a lot of work as well, since I am barely able to do 5 minutes right now.

I will be jetting off for vacation on May 30th so I will miss the last weigh in and the beginning of the next challenge, but at least I will be warm. :D And on my first vacation with my Sweetie in the 11 years we have been together.

I need to think about my reflections, so I will be back later.

So many cool things going on-> I'd love to be able to run for 30 minutes, are you working on the C25k program? I'm also dying to get to 1-derland this challenge. I'm trying to be reasonable with myself and say that I might not be able to get there, but at least I'll be close.

Also, a vacation with your sweetie! How wonderful. :) I've got really fond memories of my first trip with DH. We'll forgive you for missing a couple WI's ;)

Chicken Spaghetti Recipe: I basically make it like I make beef just sub in chicken instead
1 small can tomato paste
3-4 stalks celery
Garlic - 4 pieces
2 onions
1 8 oz can diced tomatoes
Noodles
Either ground chicken or chicken breasts
Basil, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper

I cook the chicken (boil breasts and shred, or cook the ground chicken like ground beef) with the onions, garlic, and celery.
Boil noodles according to package
Mix tomatoes, cooked chicken mix, and tomato paste with basil, oregano and parsley ( I use lots of these) and a little bit of salt and pepper. Add a little bit of water and simmer for about 15 minutes.

Notes:
*I use a lot of celery, garlic and onions, but I really like them, edit it to your taste.
*I also like to sub chicken or turkey in other foods like this, chili, tacos, etc. because I find that they are less greasy and I can make it spicier without getting heartburn.
*You could use a spaghetti seasoning packet instead of the spices, I just usually stray away from it b/c it has soooo much sodium.

Dixiemae 04-06-2010 12:24 PM

Thanks Sprkl I will try this it sounds very yummmmo

Hermit Girl 04-06-2010 12:50 PM

Great thread ! I have a few good habits :

*10 days ago I started calorie counting for the first time in my 48 years !!! (I somehow thought it was impossible before).

*I also pretty much am over the cravings for buttered toast and pasta lunches, and just *don't go there* anymore.

* STill thinking of new little Bright Ideas I can do ~ one thought of yesterday of not bringing the food to the table, and DH and I dishing up at the stove. This way I am not staring at uneaten food while sitting at the table, in addition, I am sitting on DH's side of the table next to him, so I can look out at the hills from our sliding door windows, and this way I can instead, focus on the scenery outside.

*Also, not making enough for leftovers to eat the next day (exception is occasional pizzas, quiches, and lasagnas. But..I can FREEZE if I deliberately make more than enough ! THen I'm actually benefitting saving (instead of eating more at dinner, or next day for lunch) by not having to cook a night. See, I'm thinking of great ideas as I write this post ! :-)

Hermit Girl 04-06-2010 12:54 PM

I think the next habit for me to work out, as well as the calorie in/out counting, is to weigh in once a week, as suggested. Not that I think it makes any difference other than it allows me to stop focusing on results so often, and more on the process it takes to get there.

knobhdy 04-06-2010 01:54 PM

I sure am doing the C25K program. Today is week 1 day 2. I am currently running on the treadmill in the gym, but I expect to move outside when I can run up and down the hills around where I live.

I am so looking forward to being 1## again. I used to be. I have been in the past, but oh boy did I gain. It still shocks me how much I managed to gain. Sitting on my butt and eating chocolate. That'll do it every time.

I guess that is the habit I had to change to make this journey the one that is successful. I give myself no more than 30 minutes to sit at my computer when I get home from work and then I am off to exercise. Most days I don't even do that, but go straight to exercising before I check home email and all that nonsense.
The other thing I have had to change is relying on my BFF to motivate me to exercise. People always say "find someone to be accountable to," but for me that just means someone to allow me off the hook. One day I woke up and was willing to be accountable to myself. I have no idea how that worked, but it was just time, I guess.

My new good habit that I am trying to build is more fruit and vegetables in my diet. I love them, but sometime I just forget to eat them. No more. They are tasty and good for me and I will eat them.

Anne Elk 04-06-2010 04:12 PM

Can I join this challenge? I just signed up for three others . . . I feel like Jan on The Brady Bunch. lol

Goal for this challenge is down 8-10 lbs. I can do this . . . .

Dixiemae 04-06-2010 05:41 PM

I have a huge blister on my big toe big knuckle.It rubs on the inside of my new shoes.The son of a sea biscuit hurts. cant wear my shoe. I won't be walking this evening. it popped and is very sensitive. Hope tomorrow it will be better. Or can find some way to numb it. Going to do some yoga though not giving up on my exercise for the day :-))

Dixiemae 04-06-2010 07:46 PM

Ok, I lied :o. My daughter helped me put a mole skin thingy on/over my blister. We went for a 90 minute walk. Granted we didn't break any speed or distance records. We did get in a nice walk in the evening sun :D. We did a lot of talking to ;) Im happy with it. Something is better than nothing. I am going to do a yoga workout later tonight. The blister site is very sensitive but I managed with the extra cushion over the bandade. I will be so happy when I get these shoes broken in!!!:dizzy:

sprklemajik 04-06-2010 09:35 PM

AnnElk- Welcome!!

Dixie- It's cool that you got your walk in. :) I got my run in today after work.

I went and got a new haircut- check out the new avatar photo! It's a lot closer to the last pic than what my hair was before it was cut today. The stylist cut about 4 inches off my hair. I needed my summer cut.

On plan today - 1600 calories (dunno how I hit that exactly) 40 minutes exercise. :) Yay! Going to make myself some sleepytime tea and hit the hay. Night night Ladies!

knobhdy 04-07-2010 09:04 AM

Sprkl - Your hair looks great. I keep thinking of cutting my hair for the summer. It is getting just long enough to fall behind my shoulder blades when I sit down and it is getting annoying!!!

Dixie - Moleskin is the best. I will be loading up on it this weekend when I am running around in my knee high Docs. That sounds like a great walk too. Isn't walking and talking the best? My mother and I always go for after dinner constitutionals when we are on vacation together.

I ran again last night. I am getting faster, even after just a few days. Still on the treadmill though. And I inspired a friend to start the C25K as well. Since we are both using the treadmill and listening to our iPhones, we aren't doing it together (it just isn't that social), but I am hoping to move outside and gather a running group once I need the queues less (like when I can run for 30 minutes straight) ;)

AND........

I saw a new number on my scale this morning!!!!!!!!!!!

:carrot: :carrot: 212.2 :carrot: :carrot:

That brings me just under having lost 15% of my starting weight!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Dixiemae 04-07-2010 11:05 AM

Knobdhy~ :encore: :yay: :cheer: :woohoo: :dance: The moleskin is helping. I think she got it at Wallys. I love going for walks with her :D. hope your running goes blister free :)

dandimae 04-09-2010 12:00 AM

sprkle: your hair is so cute! And I love the glasses!!! I'm trying to find a picture that I can add of myself, but I just don't have one that is recent. I could post what I used to look like as motivation, but I don't know...

My computer hates me! Ha. I'm going to try and change my signature, but right now I have to go to bed. I have been so crazy busy this last week, I don't know what's going on! Hope everyone is doing well!

BeautyandtheBeast 04-12-2010 04:21 AM

Okay, I've got to hit this thing on the head. I've been AWFUL the last month and didn't take part in the previous part of this challenge at all. I've gained 4 pounds back of what I had lost! :( I don't know what is wong with me! I'm still conscious of what I'm doing and want to achieve but I keep throwing it all away. I ate a mcflurrie and fries yesterday!

So anyway I'm back here now to try and get back on track and not carry on messing up.

This challenge my goal is to lose 10lbs. As of this morning I weigh 147lb so by May 31st I want to weight 137lb!

Today all I've eaten in a bowl of fat free yoghurt and a cup of tea and now that the weather is getting nicer I've decided to start cycling to work insead of catching the bus. I've got to leave in a few mins actually.

I'll have to come back later and complete my reflections/habits part of the challenge.

Have a good day guys.

BeautyandtheBeast 04-12-2010 07:38 AM

Okay, sorry for the double post but my last post was just a kinda intro, lol.
So I'm back from work and I did it! I cycled there which went pretty okay. It only took me about 22 mins and it was mostly downhill. Cycling home was much harder because I live right on the top of a hill - my god my thighs were burning - but I did it in about half an hour! Yay! I have to do it again in a few hours though. This is because of my work hours. I work a few hours in the morning and again in the afternoon each day with a big gap in the middle. So if I can keep up this cycling each day I'll be as fit as a fiddle in no time... I hope, lol.

So a bad habit which I've broken: This might sound kinda stupid but it's actually a really big deal to me. I've started taking accountability for my weight by weighing myself each week without fail. This is huge for me because I've always had this mentality whereas as long as I don't look at the scales then my weight problems will go away. In the past whenever I've fallen off plan, even if it's just one spurge or something, I stop weighing myself. I just get too scared to do it. But his time I've been forcing myself to step on those scales and confront my weight and take accountability for my actions. This is why I'm still here. I know I've gained four pounds and it's only because I know that that I can make the choice to rectify it.

A bad habit to work on: I graze a lot. I constantly eat handfuls of nuts or saltanas or other little things we have in the pantry and then pretend it didn't count towards my daily intake. I need to stop that!

So I hope everyone is doing well. This year long challenge has been good for me even if I have had a bad patch. I hope to see everyone around here soon. :)

mrsaugie 04-12-2010 08:28 AM

have not and will not WI this week that is next week. Nothing to new to report here that seems to be my theme right now. but soon very soon I will be back at it.

Dixiemae 04-12-2010 10:20 AM

Went on a long hike yesterday. It was beautiful hiking. ready to do some more

Anne Elk 04-12-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeautyandtheBeast (Post 3243789)

So a bad habit which I've broken: This might sound kinda stupid but it's actually a really big deal to me. I've started taking accountability for my weight by weighing myself each week without fail. This is huge for me because I've always had this mentality whereas as long as I don't look at the scales then my weight problems will go away. In the past whenever I've fallen off plan, even if it's just one spurge or something, I stop weighing myself. I just get too scared to do it. But his time I've been forcing myself to step on those scales and confront my weight and take accountability for my actions. This is why I'm still here. I know I've gained four pounds and it's only because I know that that I can make the choice to rectify it.

OMG, thank heavens I'm not the only one who does this. I avoid the scale unless I've been 'good' . . . which is totally dumb because then I do the same as you, think the scale is remaining the same or that I'm not doing any damage.

I started a week ago and the damn scale is up 2 lbs today (even though yesterday it still read 161, my start weight). Blarg!!! I need to tighten up my cal intake cause I don't know what else it could be. I averaged 1600-1700 cals/day last week and that's too many. I'm looking to average 1400-1500.

I ignored the scale for the past year and ended up gaining 10-12 of the 22 lbs. I had lost so . . . avoiding the scale doesn't do much good. Of course when the jeans that had been lose enough to require a belt started leaving marks around my waist . . . I didn't need no stinkin' scale to tell me I'd gained weight! lol

Dixiemae 04-12-2010 03:23 PM

Was feeling upset. Thought Id go on a nature/history hike. I went to the Erie Canal historic trails and went for a wonderful hike. They are doing some construction on one end and the canal is dry :-((. was going to go to my favorite place and pray and meditate. It wasn't there any more. I walked to the other side and walked he path that follows the canal and Wabash River. It was awesome!!!! I walked to Sun Set Point then down OBear trail. I hiked for 110 minutes. I have my trail picked out for tomorrow. I always loved to hike and nature walk. But couldnt cuz of health issues. I still have a few issues but I can take my Aussie with me for protection and safty in case I should fall or encounter a wild animal. Its good to be out doors again!!!!!!!

McKenziesmomma 04-12-2010 10:20 PM

Hey everyone :wave: I hope everyone has been doing well! I'm finally getting a break. I'm out of school for spring break this week :cheer: Once school goes back after this week, I only have 2 weeks and 2 days left of school :fr: I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

On the other hand, yesterday I went to my mom and dad's house with my hubby and my daughter to visit. We were all sitting in the front yard playing and enjoying the nice weather.....we were taking pictures, and I ended up in a few of them. I felt physically sick when I saw these pictures. It seemed like there was just as much fat on my back as there was on the front.....I looked huge, awkward, and uncomfortable. I am so ashamed that I have gotten like this. Even worse...I'm ashamed that I KNOW I have a problem, and I continue to do nothing about it.

So.....anyways...thats whats up with me :( Hope you are all doing well.

sprklemajik 04-13-2010 09:12 AM

So I just kind of fell off last week. Sorry about that :) I had a very busy week getting everything together because I had an unplanned trip back to TN for an interview. It was yesterday and it went super well! Hopefully I'll hear something in the next couple weeks. We've also had someone come to look at the house. I think April is going to be a good month for me. I'm back on plan this week, and last week's damage was a lb gain. (Hopefully all salt from eating takeout- I didn't overeat, just didn't cook).

knobhdy 04-13-2010 09:36 AM

Hi All. Wow it has been a busy week. But I just have to mention, I blew my doctor's socks off with the weight loss. She was all: "What are you doing?" And I was all "exercising more, eating less." :D

She wants me to raise my goal weight to 130 pounds though, and I probably will. For the second year in a row her tech has measured me as 5'7.5" tall. You will notice from my profile I am usually not that tall. If I have actually grown 2 inches since college, then I will have to change my goal weight. And I suppose after two measurings, I may have to accept that I have either grown or I slouched a lot before. :shrug:

Anyway, weight is losing, moving is going and I have almost recovered from the weekend of camping with no sleep. I hope everyone is doing well.
:wave:

Anne Elk 04-13-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma (Post 3245232)
Hey everyone :wave: I hope everyone has been doing well! I'm finally getting a break. I'm out of school for spring break this week :cheer: Once school goes back after this week, I only have 2 weeks and 2 days left of school :fr: I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

On the other hand, yesterday I went to my mom and dad's house with my hubby and my daughter to visit. We were all sitting in the front yard playing and enjoying the nice weather.....we were taking pictures, and I ended up in a few of them. I felt physically sick when I saw these pictures. It seemed like there was just as much fat on my back as there was on the front.....I looked huge, awkward, and uncomfortable. I am so ashamed that I have gotten like this. Even worse...I'm ashamed that I KNOW I have a problem, and I continue to do nothing about it.

So.....anyways...thats whats up with me :( Hope you are all doing well.

You're not doing nothing about it if you're here posting. :) Take it one day at a time and don't look at the big picture (ok, pun not intended). I feel the exact same way you do and think "well, I can just give up and resign myself that I'm going to be fat and look fat and feel fat and keep doing what I'm doing and keep getting fatter" or . . . I can not do that. I choose not. You can too.

Dixiemae 04-13-2010 01:59 PM

Hi Everyone~Today is/was weigh in day. Im so put out!!!! Scale goddess is going to hear from me!!!!!!!! 156.4. I gained 2.4 pounds. Im having a tantrum.

I planned out my trail last night. I parked the car at Davis Ferry. was going to walk back to the point we stopped Sunday. Two trails didn't want to chance getting lost. So I headed to the golf course. The trail follows the river to the golf course. It was a BEAUTIFUL walk!!!!! Wildflowers, birds, ducks, and squirrels. there is a wild life island but cant get to it from the path. I love nature trails this is the one for me. I walked 8.8 miles. Quit because I was getting a blister on my heel. A band aid or 2 I will be back at it Thursday. I have a few more dots to connect :-)))))

sprklemajik 04-13-2010 03:50 PM

Dixie- All the walking you do you ought to invest in a great pair of tennis shoes. :) Your walks sound beautiful, I'm living vicariously through you (if you don't mind too much).

Knohbody- Way to go on the Drs visit! And having your goal raised ;) Now you're even closer to goal. I hope you had fun camping (I'm always hit or miss on events like that).

Melissa- We're glad to have you back, and I'm sorry you're disappointed. I know you had planned on weighing in once a month, how's that going? I want you to succeeed!

Anne Elk- Thank you for the kind words (even if they were to Melissa) they spoke to me as well. I know I feel a lot of times I'm an all or nothing effort, but all little steps move me in the right direction as well.

Dixiemae 04-13-2010 07:21 PM

Tessa~Dont mind a bit!! These are brand new shoes. not broken in yet. They are breaking in my feet. OUCH!!!!!!!

BeautyandtheBeast 04-14-2010 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne Elk (Post 3244112)
OMG, thank heavens I'm not the only one who does this. I avoid the scale unless I've been 'good' . . . which is totally dumb because then I do the same as you, think the scale is remaining the same or that I'm not doing any damage.

I started a week ago and the damn scale is up 2 lbs today (even though yesterday it still read 161, my start weight). Blarg!!! I need to tighten up my cal intake cause I don't know what else it could be. I averaged 1600-1700 cals/day last week and that's too many. I'm looking to average 1400-1500.

I ignored the scale for the past year and ended up gaining 10-12 of the 22 lbs. I had lost so . . . avoiding the scale doesn't do much good. Of course when the jeans that had been lose enough to require a belt started leaving marks around my waist . . . I didn't need no stinkin' scale to tell me I'd gained weight! lol

I completely know where you are coming from. That is exactly what I am like but I've forcing myself to face my fears which is a good thing. I've still lost quite a bit and saw a friend I haven't seen for a while yesterday and he commented that'd I'd lost weight so that made me feel good.

So my cycling to work has been going really well. My thighs burn on the steep parts of the hill but they're getting an awesome workout. My cycling equates to approximately 2 hours a day. I've been doing well eating wise too although yesterday we had a surprise visit from a really good friend and subsequently went out to dinner as a last minute thing. I ate a bit more as I should have but today's a new day so I'm not letting it bother me.

And I recently ordered both Just Dance Wii and Biggest Loser Wii so I'm looking forward to receiving them. I already have Wii Fit but I've done it too many times so I needed something new.

Dixiemae 04-14-2010 08:14 AM

Today he scale goddess was nicer. I lost a pound 155.6 this morning. Need to loose 2 more to be where I was before things got crazy. Im going to weigh every morning to make sure Im on track. Cant do it once a week and be accountable. So that said I need a walking route for the day. I will study the map and make a plan. Then do it when I take GDaughter to school.

BeautyandtheBeast 04-14-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixiemae (Post 3247265)
Today he scale goddess was nicer. I lost a pound 155.6 this morning. Need to loose 2 more to be where I was before things got crazy. Im going to weigh every morning to make sure Im on track. Cant do it once a week and be accountable. So that said I need a walking route for the day. I will study the map and make a plan. Then do it when I take GDaughter to school.

That's good - at least things are heading in the right direction. I know how you feel. I was 143 a month ago and now I'm back at 147! So frustrating!

I just received Just Dance and I've been playing it. Oh my gosh it is so much fun. Although I'm not very good at the actual game and the timings and score and everything but I am having fun just flinging my body and arms about like a crazy person. I've never had much rhythm - with me my limbs just fly everywhere lol.

McKenziesmomma 04-14-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprklemajik (Post 3246383)
Melissa- We're glad to have you back, and I'm sorry you're disappointed. I know you had planned on weighing in once a month, how's that going? I want you to succeeed!

Thanks Tessa! You know I always seem to do pretty good for about a week..ugh...I hate being so lazy. I just got done push mowing the back yard for about 40 minutes though....for a total calorie burn of 491 calories per sparkpeople.com. Soooo I will definately be doing some push mowing this summer ;)

Hope everyone is well! Keep it up ladies! :cheer:

sprklemajik 04-14-2010 04:44 PM

So I'm working another day on plan today. All I've got to do is eat my planned dinner and manage to not eat more than 240 extra calories and I'll still be under 1600. I've going to run again this afternoon with my boss. :) It's so much fun. And I've got some more push mowing to do today. Melissa you and I can be lawnmower teams! I did about 40 minutes yesterday and I've got another 20 or 30 today to finish the back yard.

I feel like I can't keep up with all my household chores as of late, but really I've been pretty on top of everything I think all the travel has just been wearing me out lately. I'm going to commit to 40 minutes of house cleaning this afternoon as well. Surely in 40 dedicated minutes I can get a whole lot done. I'll update you guys on it later.

So do any of you have a good challenge for us? Even if it's repetitive it would probably be worth it!

sprklemajik 04-14-2010 09:00 PM

Alright ladies, I got my exercise in-2 miles! I've also mowed the yard and am knocking out the chores (albeit slowly, I'm really tired). I don't know if I'll hit my 40 minutes, but I'll at least have 20 good minutes in.

I'm going to make myself a snack and then vacuum.

McKenziesmomma 04-14-2010 09:34 PM

Hey everyone :wave:

Tessa - I know what you mean about chores and feeling behind! My hubby really helps out alot so I am lucky. I know its rough right now with you having to do everything and being alone and all....or are you in TN now? I have been away for a while so you will have to fill me in on anything I missed. I will definately be lawnmower buddies with ya! ;)

I was watching biggest loser last night, and I noticed something interesting...apparently they run in 60 second intervals. They probably start out low and work their way up. Last night the girl was running like 28 - 32 one minute sprints with rest in between each one....I am thinking about trying this out! I am going to start out with a 5 minute warm up and then jog 10 one minute sprints resting 30 to 60 seconds between each one then another 5 minute cool down for a total of 20 active minutes...I will increase the sprints over time!