G2010- Reflections of the way life used to be

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Hi Everyone~Today is/was weigh in day. Im so put out!!!! Scale goddess is going to hear from me!!!!!!!! 156.4. I gained 2.4 pounds. Im having a tantrum.

I planned out my trail last night. I parked the car at Davis Ferry. was going to walk back to the point we stopped Sunday. Two trails didn't want to chance getting lost. So I headed to the golf course. The trail follows the river to the golf course. It was a BEAUTIFUL walk!!!!! Wildflowers, birds, ducks, and squirrels. there is a wild life island but cant get to it from the path. I love nature trails this is the one for me. I walked 8.8 miles. Quit because I was getting a blister on my heel. A band aid or 2 I will be back at it Thursday. I have a few more dots to connect :-)))))
  • Dixie- All the walking you do you ought to invest in a great pair of tennis shoes. Your walks sound beautiful, I'm living vicariously through you (if you don't mind too much).

Knohbody- Way to go on the Drs visit! And having your goal raised Now you're even closer to goal. I hope you had fun camping (I'm always hit or miss on events like that).

Melissa- We're glad to have you back, and I'm sorry you're disappointed. I know you had planned on weighing in once a month, how's that going? I want you to succeeed!

Anne Elk- Thank you for the kind words (even if they were to Melissa) they spoke to me as well. I know I feel a lot of times I'm an all or nothing effort, but all little steps move me in the right direction as well.
  • Tessa~Dont mind a bit!! These are brand new shoes. not broken in yet. They are breaking in my feet. OUCH!!!!!!!
  • Quote: OMG, thank heavens I'm not the only one who does this. I avoid the scale unless I've been 'good' . . . which is totally dumb because then I do the same as you, think the scale is remaining the same or that I'm not doing any damage.

I started a week ago and the damn scale is up 2 lbs today (even though yesterday it still read 161, my start weight). Blarg!!! I need to tighten up my cal intake cause I don't know what else it could be. I averaged 1600-1700 cals/day last week and that's too many. I'm looking to average 1400-1500.

I ignored the scale for the past year and ended up gaining 10-12 of the 22 lbs. I had lost so . . . avoiding the scale doesn't do much good. Of course when the jeans that had been lose enough to require a belt started leaving marks around my waist . . . I didn't need no stinkin' scale to tell me I'd gained weight! lol
    I completely know where you are coming from. That is exactly what I am like but I've forcing myself to face my fears which is a good thing. I've still lost quite a bit and saw a friend I haven't seen for a while yesterday and he commented that'd I'd lost weight so that made me feel good.

So my cycling to work has been going really well. My thighs burn on the steep parts of the hill but they're getting an awesome workout. My cycling equates to approximately 2 hours a day. I've been doing well eating wise too although yesterday we had a surprise visit from a really good friend and subsequently went out to dinner as a last minute thing. I ate a bit more as I should have but today's a new day so I'm not letting it bother me.

And I recently ordered both Just Dance Wii and Biggest Loser Wii so I'm looking forward to receiving them. I already have Wii Fit but I've done it too many times so I needed something new.
  • Today he scale goddess was nicer. I lost a pound 155.6 this morning. Need to loose 2 more to be where I was before things got crazy. Im going to weigh every morning to make sure Im on track. Cant do it once a week and be accountable. So that said I need a walking route for the day. I will study the map and make a plan. Then do it when I take GDaughter to school.
  • Quote: Today he scale goddess was nicer. I lost a pound 155.6 this morning. Need to loose 2 more to be where I was before things got crazy. Im going to weigh every morning to make sure Im on track. Cant do it once a week and be accountable. So that said I need a walking route for the day. I will study the map and make a plan. Then do it when I take GDaughter to school.
    That's good - at least things are heading in the right direction. I know how you feel. I was 143 a month ago and now I'm back at 147! So frustrating!

I just received Just Dance and I've been playing it. Oh my gosh it is so much fun. Although I'm not very good at the actual game and the timings and score and everything but I am having fun just flinging my body and arms about like a crazy person. I've never had much rhythm - with me my limbs just fly everywhere lol.
  • Quote: Melissa- We're glad to have you back, and I'm sorry you're disappointed. I know you had planned on weighing in once a month, how's that going? I want you to succeeed!
    Thanks Tessa! You know I always seem to do pretty good for about a week..ugh...I hate being so lazy. I just got done push mowing the back yard for about 40 minutes though....for a total calorie burn of 491 calories per sparkpeople.com. Soooo I will definately be doing some push mowing this summer

Hope everyone is well! Keep it up ladies!
  • So I'm working another day on plan today. All I've got to do is eat my planned dinner and manage to not eat more than 240 extra calories and I'll still be under 1600. I've going to run again this afternoon with my boss. It's so much fun. And I've got some more push mowing to do today. Melissa you and I can be lawnmower teams! I did about 40 minutes yesterday and I've got another 20 or 30 today to finish the back yard.

I feel like I can't keep up with all my household chores as of late, but really I've been pretty on top of everything I think all the travel has just been wearing me out lately. I'm going to commit to 40 minutes of house cleaning this afternoon as well. Surely in 40 dedicated minutes I can get a whole lot done. I'll update you guys on it later.

So do any of you have a good challenge for us? Even if it's repetitive it would probably be worth it!
  • Alright ladies, I got my exercise in-2 miles! I've also mowed the yard and am knocking out the chores (albeit slowly, I'm really tired). I don't know if I'll hit my 40 minutes, but I'll at least have 20 good minutes in.

I'm going to make myself a snack and then vacuum.
  • Hey everyone

Tessa - I know what you mean about chores and feeling behind! My hubby really helps out alot so I am lucky. I know its rough right now with you having to do everything and being alone and all....or are you in TN now? I have been away for a while so you will have to fill me in on anything I missed. I will definately be lawnmower buddies with ya!

I was watching biggest loser last night, and I noticed something interesting...apparently they run in 60 second intervals. They probably start out low and work their way up. Last night the girl was running like 28 - 32 one minute sprints with rest in between each one....I am thinking about trying this out! I am going to start out with a 5 minute warm up and then jog 10 one minute sprints resting 30 to 60 seconds between each one then another 5 minute cool down for a total of 20 active minutes...I will increase the sprints over time!
  • No, I'm still in SC. I had a really good interview on Monday so I'm hoping that my move will come soon. The chores aren't too terrible since I'm only cleaning up after myself and the dog, I'm just whiny because I've been out of town on two long weekends in a row. It had just about killed me because I'd only be home for 3 days and then back on the road and those 3 days I'd have to spend mowing, weeding, and cleaning, and trying to recover from driving the 6 hr trip each way. It was nearly too much to make it through, but I'm finally catching back up again especially since I've got this weekend at the house to rest and pack up some stuff.

I've not been eating on plan today - I woke up with a hankerin' for a Hardees breakfast (terrible idea) and ate nearly my entire day's calories at breakfast. So.... I'm back on plan for the rest of the day, going to skip my snacks and just eat light for the rest of the day and hopefully end up close to maintenance calories. Oh well...
  • Tessa - Where is it you said your husband is in TN? And where was your interview at? Good luck to you! I know your ready to get everything settled.

So, today I had a bit of a wake up call. I went to the health department today for my wonderful yearly visit and to get on birth control pills....I glanced at my chart and noticed the last time I was there was the year 2000, and I weighed 191 pounds. That means in 10 years I have gained about 75 pounds (they weighed me at 265. something today). Ugh...75 pounds!!! I am so not stupid....I know what it takes to lose weight and how to do it...dang it I'm fixing to get off my rump! I figured it up...I have only gained about 7.5 pounds a year the past 10 years. So, the least I can do is lose 20-30 pounds a year. I know I can do so much more than that, but right now I just want to do SOMETHING! I wanted to cry when I saw that. The main reason because back then I was always trying to lose weight.....how is it that I'm always trying to lose weight but the only thing I can manage to do is gain weight?

Well I guess that is enough of my belly aching.....LOL! Hope you are all having a lovely Thursday!
  • NSV Could get long
    warning this could be a long one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I weighed in at 155.2 this morning. So close to 154 I cant stand it

I decided to go shopping today. Dont ask why exactly I needed some food and things from the store today was the day I picked. I had asked my ex to please bring my Summer clothes as I figured they would fit me now. He hasnt bothered Being typical me I decided #$%^*()&%# and take matters in my own hands. It hot and I don't want to wear jeans all summer.

Fresh fruits and veggies are starting to come into season. I decide to splurge on a few things. I bought 2 upside down growning thingys advertised on tv. I bought a tomato plant and a green pepper plant. Something I love to grow and eat. I will plant them sing to them and enjoy the harvest I bought lots of fresh living foods. Wouldn't think some one on a diet would be afraid to eat. I have been for months now all during the holidays I was fearful of what I put in my mouth. Today I decided its time to eat, enjoy what I eat and cook again. ~~~Bringing home all this wonderful food to put away, I had to go through things in the fridge . found a few unidentifible things. But also found some wonderful finds. I am more than good to go. Even got some dates and nuts to put in my oatmeal.

Decided to get a couple pair of shorts to see what I needed. Take inventory so I can go to Good Will and get what I need. I grab a pair of 12,s then 14,s . headed to the fitting room. Was going to try on the 14 pair first. Got this determined look on my face and grabbed the 12's first. I thought Im either setting myself up for a big let down or........... The 12's fit like a dream. I hung the 14's on the rack with a look and didn't look back. I don't know what the size difference is from a 12 and a 14. To me it is huge. I got 3 pair of shorts a pair of flip flops and a pair of sun glasses. Major splurge but Im worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when I started this journey I could barely fit into 1X. it was a tight squeeze let me tell you it was. Now Im size 12. Im the happiest girl in the whole USA (Donna Fargo). have I been perfect NO NO NO. I have had bad days. Terrible days I didn't even want to get out of bed. The thought of facing the day was too much for me. I have had good days. Ive had excellent days. Ive had daze. Through it all with the help of all you wonderful supportive ladies size 12's are mine. Journey is far from over. Good health is around the cornor and better quality of life is knocking at my door. SO COME ON LADIES WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!! TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quote: warning this could be a long one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I weighed in at 155.2 this morning. So close to 154 I cant stand it

I decided to go shopping today. Dont ask why exactly I needed some food and things from the store today was the day I picked. I had asked my ex to please bring my Summer clothes as I figured they would fit me now. He hasnt bothered Being typical me I decided #$%^*()&%# and take matters in my own hands. It hot and I don't want to wear jeans all summer.

Fresh fruits and veggies are starting to come into season. I decide to splurge on a few things. I bought 2 upside down growning thingys advertised on tv. I bought a tomato plant and a green pepper plant. Something I love to grow and eat. I will plant them sing to them and enjoy the harvest I bought lots of fresh living foods. Wouldn't think some one on a diet would be afraid to eat. I have been for months now all during the holidays I was fearful of what I put in my mouth. Today I decided its time to eat, enjoy what I eat and cook again. ~~~Bringing home all this wonderful food to put away, I had to go through things in the fridge . found a few unidentifible things. But also found some wonderful finds. I am more than good to go. Even got some dates and nuts to put in my oatmeal.

Decided to get a couple pair of shorts to see what I needed. Take inventory so I can go to Good Will and get what I need. I grab a pair of 12,s then 14,s . headed to the fitting room. Was going to try on the 14 pair first. Got this determined look on my face and grabbed the 12's first. I thought Im either setting myself up for a big let down or........... The 12's fit like a dream. I hung the 14's on the rack with a look and didn't look back. I don't know what the size difference is from a 12 and a 14. To me it is huge. I got 3 pair of shorts a pair of flip flops and a pair of sun glasses. Major splurge but Im worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when I started this journey I could barely fit into 1X. it was a tight squeeze let me tell you it was. Now Im size 12. Im the happiest girl in the whole USA (Donna Fargo). have I been perfect NO NO NO. I have had bad days. Terrible days I didn't even want to get out of bed. The thought of facing the day was too much for me. I have had good days. Ive had excellent days. Ive had daze. Through it all with the help of all you wonderful supportive ladies size 12's are mine. Journey is far from over. Good health is around the cornor and better quality of life is knocking at my door. SO COME ON LADIES WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!! TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Big congrats Dixiemae, what an achievement! You are doing such an incredible job and I feel inspired by your dedication and enthusiasm. Well done! *hugs*

Well today it was my fifth day riding my bike to work and back and because I live on a hill there are times it can really be tough and burn my thighs. Well, since I started there have been two places where I have had to dismount and walk for a bit. Once as I'm nearing the peak of the first big hill and secondly when I'm reaching the peak of the big hill where my house is. Well, today I managed to make it all the way to the top of the first hill without dismounting! I'm so happy to have made it all the way up. I'm still strugglig on the other hill but at least I know I am getting stronger. Yay!

So I'm hoping to see a drop on the scale soon but at the moment I seem to have only lost .4lb since Monday which is frustrating because I have been so disciplined this week. I'm sure I'll see a drop soon though.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • Quote: Tessa - Where is it you said your husband is in TN? And where was your interview at? Good luck to you! I know your ready to get everything settled.
    My husband lives in Cleveland, TN about 20 minutes east of Chattanooga. He works as an electrical engineer for Cleveland Utilities. My interview on Monday was with TVA in Chattanooga. It went really well, so I'm really impatient about it, but if I get the job it will still take forever I'm sure for them to be ready for me to start work.

Quote: : I thought Im either setting myself up for a big let down or........... The 12's fit like a dream. I hung the 14's on the rack with a look and didn't look back.
    Dixie how wonderful! You must be sooo happy! I'm proud for you!

So I've been gone a day or two, I'm still eating well and exercising, I'm just taking time to visit with my DH. Keep on keeping on ladies!